➳ twenty seven

Sungjae didn't know how he was able to leave the shop without strangling Hanseol to death, but he did and he's now driving back to Seoul. He was so close to exploding with how Joy proudly faced him and telling him that she really cheated. She was proud and it seems like they are really being a family and Sungjae couldn't stop the bitter feeling of envy about the fact that Hanseol could've been him. He could've been Joy's husband. He could've been Areum's appa.

Areum could've been his daughter.

The portrait. . .

It kept on lingering through his head. The resemblance between the two females is superb. Same beautiful large eyes, same porcelain skin, same smile that it somehow resembles his smile too. Both Joy and Areum have the same expressions that will always come out as beautiful even if they didn't intend to.

It was so confusing before but now it makes sense, they are mother and daughter. Sungjae wanted to bump his head to the wall for not noticing it as early as possible.

But Sungjae is also confused on why there is only the two of them. Why isn't Hanseol there? They are a family right?

He pulled over for a while because his body is shaking. He don't know, maybe because of anger? Or the fact that Joy, even four years had already passed, managed to hurt him effortlessly and that she's still got a big impact towards him? And he can't blame anyone aside from himself because he was the one who choose to love someone like her. A cheater.

His phone buzzed. He checked it to see that Sohyun texted him again. For the nth time today.

From: SoHyun

When are you going to stop ignoring me, Oppa? Please talk to me. I need you.

Sighing, Sungjae exited the messaging app without bothering to reply. Maybe he's really a jerk like what all other people say. Suddenly he feel like he's fallen out of affection towards Sohyun. He felt like they are two parallel lines who will never meet because maybe they are not really for each other. They are surely the same type of line who will always be placed next to one another but they are not compatible enough to unite and be one. They don't complement each other and that reason alone is already an eye opener.

The phone of his screen went back to home and Areum's cute face greeted him. It was the face of the little girl which is the offspring of the cheating that made him once a living dead. The combination of the woman who ruined him and the man who's taking a revenge to him.

He was supposed to be mad and hateful but somehow, in a whole lot weird reason, he can't bring himself to hate the little girl.

Areum's face screams innocence, and he is not that narrow minded to drag her inside the mess adults like them made. Areum will also be a victim if Sungjae will hate on her but if he wouldn't. . .Areum will just be fine and that's exactly what Sungjae wants.

Joy found herself crying on the first step of the stairs to her house. She couldn't come inside her house because Areum will surely cry if she saw her mom crying and Dasom will be worried and ask her questions. Joy is not really in the mood to talk or be with someone else right now.

She wanted to be alone.

She wanted to clear her mind because the unwelcomed feelings of anxiety and depression are making their way to her vulnerable state of mind. Joy doesn't want them back just to commit the same mistakes again.

She felt like she was being played on and that her life doesn't really matter. Was she that unimportant that the people who are dear to her are treating her like she's an insignificant piece of a trash? Why is it so easy for people to push her away? She feels so worthless and that her life is inconsequential. That her feelings doesn't really mean a thing and that no one will care whether she's in pain or not. It was so crazy.