Someone Like Adam

By mahumwrites

"You know, it won't physically hurt you to be nice for once." I crossed my arms in front of my chest and groa... More

Characters
PROLOGUE
1. First day at Redwood High
2. I Officially Hate New York
3. Warm, Fuzzy and Wet
4. Of Dinner and Awkwardness
5. Alicia the Pooper
6. Daddy's Annoying little Princess
7. What are you, Adam McArdle?
8. Stepping Into his Territory
9. Perfect little life
10. Cold, Crass and Annoyingly Rude
11. Pancakes
12. Trouble in Paradise
13. Project "Biology"
14. Two Alpha Males
15. Impending Doom
16. Knight Without an Armor
17. Beaten To The Pulp
18. Stalker Much?
19. Befriending The Enemy
20. Jealous... Or Not?
21. So Damn Rude
22. Singing, Dancing, Existing
23. The Treasure Hunt
24. In The Dilemma
25. His House, His Room, His Bed.
26. Ready To Fight
27. Web Of Secrets
28. Wince, Groan, Moan
29. Alicia's Eighteenth
30. Of Gifts And Kisses
31. Little Ray Of Sunshine
32. Date Or Not Date?
33. The One With The Dinner
34. The F word
35. Burning In Jealousy
36. Kiss Or Kill?
37. Salted Caramel Tart
38. Hanky Panky With Mr. Cranky
39. Danger Alert!
40. Adaline
41. Such A Girl
42. So Perfectly Imperfect
43. Sisters
44. Messing With The Wrong Person
45. The Moment Of Truth
46. Ruined
47. Of Tears And Grief
48. The Worst Thing In The World
49. Food And Friends
50. Complicated
51. Party Time
52. My Poor Heart
53. Hot Tub And Soap Bubbles
54. Stuck With Mr. Arrogant
55. A Genius Indeed
56. Awkward Encounters
57. Hit Me Harder
58. Drunk In Love
59. Marking His Territory
60. My Caveman
61. Danger Dinner
63. Hot And Bothered
64. Gentlemanly?
65. Guy-Friend Vs Boyfriend
66. Messed Up
67. Boyfriend Drama
68. The Prom (1)
69. The Prom (2)
70. The Prom (3)
71. Confessions
72. Playing Cupid
73. Family Ties
EPILOGUE
BONUS CHAPTER 1
IMPORTANT NOTE
BONUS CHAPTER 2

62. Three Rules

93.2K 5.1K 1.8K
By mahumwrites

Both pair of eyes averted to me as I coughed to clear my airway. When I was finally able to breathe properly, I gulped and raised my head to see Dad who was staring at me.

"Are you fine sweetheart?" he asked in a worried voice.

"Y.. Yeah." I managed to say despite the pounding inside my heart.

He nodded and turned his attention back to Adam. "So Adam! You didn't tell me yet. Are you a virgin?" he asked and I motioned Adam not to tell him anything about our little adventure.

His eyes switched between Dad and me and after clearing his thought, he finally spoke, "No sir."

The change in Dad's posture was very evident. His hands tightened around the knife and his jaw ticked, clearly indicating that something bad was going to happen.

"Great." Dad passed him a half smile and cut a piece of the cimammon bread. The way his knife worked effortlessly caused a shiver down my spine and I couldn't help but imagine Adam's neck in its place.

Few minutes have passed silently when dad started again and I braced myself for what he was going to say next.

"How long have you been street fighting?" he asked and this time, it wasn't me who choked. It was Adam, whose face turned red and his eyes widened like saucers.

"Dad!" I gasped, my hand froze in the air.

"What?" he raised his eyes and threw a glare towards me that forced me to shut my mouth. He angled his neck towards Adam whose face had now paled.

"Four years." Adam whispered.

"Four years, huh? That's quite scandalous. Don't you think?" he said as an amused smile played on his lips.

Adam remained silent and kept eating the pudding but his face clearly showed that he would rather be in hell than our house at this moment.

"I hope you know the reason why he fights, considering you've already investigated about everything else." I answered for him. Dad looked at me as if he didn't expect me to be aware of Adam's fighting.

"The dinner was great Mr. King." Adam interfered, breaking the glaring competition between Dad and me. "I think I should leave now."

He pulled his hand out for Dad but he didn't shake it back. Instead, he stood up and glared down at him from his tall height. Dad was one or two inches taller than Adam, and much more intimidating too.

"I think it would be better Mr. McArdle if you maintain some distance from my daughter." Dad threatened him through gritted teeth and my stomach tightened in knots.

Adam's gaze shifted to me and he replied, "I don't think that's possible, sir." Saying this, he walked to me and leaned down to kiss my forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow Ali." he said after pulling apart while I sat there shocked of what he just did.

After he left, I felt Dad's eyes on me and I shifted on my seat uncomfortably.

"I don't like him." he said, his tone harsh.

"I do." I bit my lips and said, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"Despite what he said?" he asked, his voice blank.

"What? That he is not a virgin?" I asked and stood up, my eyes on the level of Dad's chest. I didn't have enough courage to look into his eyes for what I was going to say. "I think he is not the only one responsible for that."

A frown etched on Dad's face as he listened to me but despite the heaviness in my heart, I turned around and made my way out of the dining room without waiting for his reaction.

...

Holding Mom's photo in my hands, I run my fingers along her pretty face. I wondered how she would have reacted. Would she be supportive of my relationship if she was alive? Of course she would. She had always taught me that love is the most amazing feeling in the world. I'm sure she would be really excited for me.

I closed my eyes and rested my head back against the pillow. A memory flashed in front of my eyes, a memory that I hold very close to my heart.

"Will they ever grow back?" I asked as she combed her blonde hair in a braid. The thickness of her braid had now contracted to almost half but it still looked beautiful.

"Sure baby. They are just hair. They'll grow back." It was Dad who answered. He appeared out of nowhere and kissed Mom on her lips.

"Eww, grownups are so gross." I thought as I watched them deepen their kiss.

Mom soon realized that they were exchanging germs in front of me so she broke the kiss and hit Dad on his chest, earning a deep chuckle from him.

After he left, I observed the smile that lingered on her lips. She must really love that because she is ready to kiss him on lips. Dad told me that I'll get tons of bacteria if I let any boy kiss me.

"Mom!" I asked in my low voice. "Why do you love Dad?"

"Because he is my soul mate." she said and kissed my forehead. There were dark circles under her eyes and her face was thinner than her older pics.

"He loves you too." I muttered under my lips.

"Yes he does." she smiled and pulled a novel out of her drawer.

I got lost in my thoughts after that. Will somebody ever love me like Dad loves Mom?

She must have noticed my discomfort because she pulled me to her chest and wrapped her arms around me.

"One day, you'll find your true love Ali. A love that will consume you." she said and I chuckled because I have heard this line before in her favourite TV show.

"He will be handsome like Dad?" I asked, grinning at her.

"Of course." she said and patted my head.

"Will he buy me chocolates?" I asked.

"No." Dad's voice erupted from the doorframe. There were huge lines on his forehead. "I can buy my daughter chocolates. We don't need a stupid boy for that."

Mom glared at Dad when he said that but Dad ignored it and sat down beside me.

"Alicia!" I felt a pat on my shoulder that woke me up from my sleepy state.

"Dad." I whispered, unable to meet his eyes after how I misbehaved with him. He pulled the photo frame from my hands and stared at it with adoration and longing in his eyes.

He was hurt, it was visible from him face and I found myself drowning in guilt. He was my everything, my only family left. I shouldn't have acted like that, no matter what the reason was.

"I'm sorry Dad." I muttered, scooting closer to him.

He observed my face for a moment and then wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "It's okay." he said.

"I love him Dad." I whispered, still afraid of his reaction. He just sighed instead of saying anything. I knew it was difficult for him, watching me with a boy. He was always very protective of me and also afraid of seeing me getting hurt.

"He is a really nice guy." I continued.

"I believe you." he replied. "If you are really in love with him then there must be something special about him."

I pulled apart on hearing this. There was a ghost of a smile playing on his lips. "So you don't hate him?" I asked with traces of hope in my voice.

"Oh I do." Dad replied. "I hate him for stealing my daughter."

I laughed at his words and hugged him by wrapping my arms around his torso. "Nobody can steal me from you Dad. You are always gonna be first priority."

We stayed like that for five minutes, a comfortable silence prevailed in the room. After that, he broke the hug and patted my head. "Well, if you are really going to date him, I think we need to set some rules."

"Dad." I whined as I dreaded the turn our conversation was taking.

"Rule no. 1, no kissing and stuff in front of me if he doesn't want to end up with a broken neck." he said and I blushed red.

"Rule no. 2, no funny business behind me if he doesn't want to end up with a broken rib." he added.

"Dad.." I hid my face in between my palms because of the embarrassment.

"Rule no. 3, if he ever makes you cry, I will kill him." he warned. "And I am not joking."

Well.

______________________________

So they are official. Congratulations guys.

Qotd: what is your favorite romance book outside wattpad?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 2.8K 41
"Would you ever kiss me?" he asked "Well I find the saliva exchange gross and very.." "Emily! !" he snapped. "Alright.. Maybe." I said being honest...
3.6M 112K 31
Lunch went by pretty quickly, and we were back to classes soon enough. I'd forgotten to get a book from my locker, so I quickly went to get it. I was...
178 8 8
"What makes you laugh ? Do you think I won't dare to do it ?" I immediately stopped. Was she joking ? It had to be a joke...right ? There's no chanc...
415K 13.4K 41
"Come back, Ava. Why did you leave me?" He said looking deep into my eyes. "After what you did, no one can come back to you!" I shook my arm forceful...