Someone Like Adam

By mahumwrites

"You know, it won't physically hurt you to be nice for once." I crossed my arms in front of my chest and groa... More

Characters
PROLOGUE
1. First day at Redwood High
2. I Officially Hate New York
3. Warm, Fuzzy and Wet
4. Of Dinner and Awkwardness
5. Alicia the Pooper
6. Daddy's Annoying little Princess
7. What are you, Adam McArdle?
8. Stepping Into his Territory
9. Perfect little life
10. Cold, Crass and Annoyingly Rude
11. Pancakes
12. Trouble in Paradise
13. Project "Biology"
14. Two Alpha Males
15. Impending Doom
16. Knight Without an Armor
17. Beaten To The Pulp
18. Stalker Much?
19. Befriending The Enemy
20. Jealous... Or Not?
21. So Damn Rude
22. Singing, Dancing, Existing
23. The Treasure Hunt
24. In The Dilemma
25. His House, His Room, His Bed.
26. Ready To Fight
27. Web Of Secrets
28. Wince, Groan, Moan
29. Alicia's Eighteenth
30. Of Gifts And Kisses
31. Little Ray Of Sunshine
32. Date Or Not Date?
33. The One With The Dinner
34. The F word
35. Burning In Jealousy
36. Kiss Or Kill?
37. Salted Caramel Tart
38. Hanky Panky With Mr. Cranky
39. Danger Alert!
40. Adaline
41. Such A Girl
42. So Perfectly Imperfect
44. Messing With The Wrong Person
45. The Moment Of Truth
46. Ruined
47. Of Tears And Grief
48. The Worst Thing In The World
49. Food And Friends
50. Complicated
51. Party Time
52. My Poor Heart
53. Hot Tub And Soap Bubbles
54. Stuck With Mr. Arrogant
55. A Genius Indeed
56. Awkward Encounters
57. Hit Me Harder
58. Drunk In Love
59. Marking His Territory
60. My Caveman
61. Danger Dinner
62. Three Rules
63. Hot And Bothered
64. Gentlemanly?
65. Guy-Friend Vs Boyfriend
66. Messed Up
67. Boyfriend Drama
68. The Prom (1)
69. The Prom (2)
70. The Prom (3)
71. Confessions
72. Playing Cupid
73. Family Ties
EPILOGUE
BONUS CHAPTER 1
IMPORTANT NOTE
BONUS CHAPTER 2

43. Sisters

111K 5.2K 912
By mahumwrites

Never in my life did I sleep so peacefully, knowing that there was someone on my bed, holding me closer to him in a way that not even air could pass through between us. Well, Dad used to sleep with me when I was younger, but that's another thing. It's Adam I am talking about. Adam Freaking McArdle, the guy who had ruined my sleep from my first day in New York.

Waking up, the first thing I did was turned around and faced him. He was still sleeping, his mouth open slightly and his brown hair falling on his forehead. To say that he looked cute would be an understatement. He looked adorable.

He wasn't wearing any shirt, his warmth was protecting me from cold air. His skin felt so good against me, so comfortable, like home. Realizing that we had to get ready for school, I ran my finger along his jaw and called his name slowly.

His face contorted at first, after which he slowly opened his eyes and looked at my face in confusion, probably wondering what he was doing with me on my bed. When realization dawned upon him, his face relaxed and he brought his hand to my face, lightly brushing my hair away from my eyes.

"Morning sunshine." I teased, pecking the tip of his nose and he frowned. "Go back to your house and get ready for school. I'll pick you up." I said and stood up, stretching my arms over my head. My cheeks heated up when I watched Adam's eyes zoomed in on my legs. Throwing a pillow towards him, I almost dashed into my bathroom and locked the door behind me.

When I came out after finishing my morning routine, he had already left so I changed into fresh clothes and made my way to the outside to make breakfast for myself.

...

"Miss. King! Am I disturbing your daydreams?" I jerked backwards when I found my P.E teacher leaned against my desk, tapping his pen furiously on the dark wood.

"Um.. I.." I fumbled with my words, not knowing what to say.

He was giving a lecture about importance of moderate to vigorous physical activity while my thoughts were focused on the boy with whom I almost lost my virginity last night.

"Care to tell me what you were dreaming about?" he asked, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

I shook my head in no, his frown deepened.

"Let her go sir. She obviously doesn't want to say my name in front of whole class." Noah joked, earning a glare from me and laughters from the rest of the class.

"Shut up Mr. Brown." The teacher scolded him and he shrugged in return.

The bell for the next period rang in time and I heaved a sigh of relief. I left the class and made my way towards the Cafe, not wanting to embarrass myself further.

"Hi princess." Noah appeared from nowhere and put his arm around my shoulders as if I was his BFF.

"Don't you have any new girl to chase this week?" I asked, raising my eyebrows as we both entered through the cafeteria door.

"Yep. There is a girl. A short brunette with brown doe eyes and chubby cheeks." He teased, sitting around the first table in sight and made space on another chair for me.

"I do not have chubby cheeks." I scrunched my nose and yelled, sitting on the chair.

"Who said I was talking about you?" he smirked and ordered a cheeseburger, juice and fries for him. I wonder how he stays so fit when he eats like an elephant all the time.

"Jerk." I spat and rolled my eyes.

"Why? Do you want to be chased by me?" he asked, leaning towards me.

"Yeah sure." I retorted and picked up half of his burger which the waiter had just presented in front of him. "Did you get any acceptance letter?" I asked while chewing, changing the topic.

"Yep. One from Fordham and one from UPenn." he told me. "But I'm waiting for Dartmouth. It's my Mom's Alma mater."

"Wow." I exclaimed and then pouted on realizing that I had gotten only one yet, that too from a local college. "I've applied to Harvard, Columbia and NYU. Two local colleges too, just to be safe."

"You're smart. You'll recieve one." he said, dropping five fries into his mouth at once.

That's what he said.

We were halfway through the lunch, Noah's lunch to be exact, when Emily entered the Cafe, followed by Damien, their hands linked together. I smirked at her when our eyes met and she blushed, pulling her hand out of Damien's hold.

Excusing myself from Noah, I made my way towards both of them, winking at her when I reached.

"Hi." Damien said, pulling a chair out for Emily while she sat down.

"Hi." I said and sat down opposite them.

"What will you have?" he asked gently to Emily.

"Um.." she blushed deeper. "Salad."

After he left, Emily's gaze shifted between her linked fingers and me. I felt so happy for her. After everything that bastard Justin did to her, she was finally getting the respect she deserved.

"Stop." she whined when I kept looking at her, smiling constantly.

"Girl! You better hold on to him. He is such a cutie." I teased.

Damien returned soon with a plate of salad and a small bucket of fries. "I thought you'd like to have some fries too." he said and I mentally aww-ed. Unlike Justin, Damien didn't make her feel bad about herself or insinuated that she should starve herself if she wanted to look good.

"Thanks." she whispered and took one bite of her salad.

Not wanting to be the third wheel anymore, I made my way out of the Cafe to my next class. I was halfway to the Biology class when I encountered Adam who was trudging towards the same class slowly.

"Hey." I said, reaching beside him.

"Hey." he said in his usual voice, his face didn't give away what he was thinking.

"Wanna make out in front of everyone?" I whispered in his ears, trying to earn a  horrified reaction out of him but instead of glaring back or saying something rude, he replied, "Sure."

He smirked when I gasped loudly at his response, my face turning bright red. I looked around to see if anybody heard us or not.

"Next time, don't try to tempt me if you don't have guts to do such acts of PDA." he smirked again and entered the class, leaving me surprised at his newly-found confidence.

After wiping the sweat off my forehead, I entered inside too and sat down beside him, a frown etched on my face.

"I hate you." I commented, pulling my notebook out of my bagpack.

"Of course you do." he muttered and turned his attention to whatever Mr. Walter was jotting down on the whiteboard.

...

After the school, I met Emily and Sophia in the playground where the football practice was being held. Sophia was in her cheerleader costume, practicing for the interschool football match. Emily and I sat down on the benches and watched as Sophia and other cheerleaders planned their routine.

"Where the hell is Chloe?" Sophia asked Chloe's friends but both minions refused to tell her whereabouts.

"She never ditch cheer practice." Emily said worriedly and looked around for her.

"Who cares about her!" I shrugged.

"I do. She's my sister." Emily said and I almost laughed at her naivety. She considered that evil bitch her sister despite everything she had done.

I tried to stop her but she ran to ask Chloe's friends about her. They didn't tell her much except that they last saw her in the girl's bathroom. Despite my attempts of stopping her, she ran back to the school. Sighing, I picked up my bag pack and followed her inside.

The whole school was empty, not a single voice could be heard. As we stepped closer to the bathroom, muffled sobs reached our ears. Even I started to grow paranoid so increasing our pace, we reached the washroom and gasped at what we saw next.

Chloe was sitting against the wall, hugging her knees. Her face was stained with tears and her once perfect straight hair were now a mess.

Emily stooped in front of her and wrapped arms around her shoulders. "What happened Chloe?" she asked, her voice trembling. My own knees felt wobbly on watching her condition.

"He... He.." she stuttered, resting her head on Emily shoulder. "He d.. dumped me. That bastard Justin... He dumped me."

What the fudge?

Emily and I exchanged a confused look but controlling our curiosity, we helped Chloe in standing back to her feet. 

"I'll drop her home Ali. You can go watch the practice." Emily said and even though I didn't want to leave her alone with Chloe, I decided against it. Despite everything, they were sisters and there was a bond between them, a bond stronger than any romantic attachment.

_________________________

OK Fun Fact.. At first, I wanted to make Emily our main character. Like Hayden and Violet had a twin and their name was Emily and Chloe.. Same story.. Hated each others. A boy between them. Blah blah. But then I decided against it because I was fed up of writing about shy, innocent female characters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 112K 31
Lunch went by pretty quickly, and we were back to classes soon enough. I'd forgotten to get a book from my locker, so I quickly went to get it. I was...
25 1 14
Hi guys! Thanks for checking out my story. It's currently a short story. My plan, however, is to continue the story. So it will become a full manusc...
262K 10.8K 25
"I knew if I wanted a relationship, I should find someone else. But I didn't want anyone else and I still don't." I managed to take his arm from arou...
82.5K 1.6K 74
I walk out my dorm building to the cafe. Just as I'm about to open the door I hear a person call out my name. I turn around to see the person joggin...