The Daughter ↬ SUNGJOY [EDITI...

Oleh sooyoungexquisites

↬ in which a fan brought a baby on a BTOB fanmeet and sungjae got a feeling ↫ Lebih Banyak

➳ one
➳ two
➳ three
➳ four
➳ five
➳ six
➳ seven
➳ eight
➳ nine
➳ ten
➳ eleven
➳ twelve
➳ thirteen
➳ fourteen
➳ fifteen
➳ sixteen
➳ seventeen
➳ eighteen
➳ nineteen
➳ twenty
➳ twenty one
➳ twenty two
➳ twenty three
➳ twenty four
➳ twenty five
➳ twent six
➳ twenty seven
➳ twenty eight
➳ twenty nine
➳ thirty
➳ thirty one
➳ thirty two
➳ thirty three
➳ thirty four
➳ thirty five
➳ thirty six
➳ thirty seven
➳ thirty eight
➳ thirty-nine
➳ forty
➳ forty-one
➳ forty-two
➳ forty-three
➳ forty-four
➳ forty-five
➳ forty-six
➳ forty-eight
➳ forty-nine
➳ fifty
➳ fifty-one
➳ fifty-two
➳ fifty-three
➳ fifty-four
➳ fifty-five
➳ fifty-six
➳ fifty-seven
➳ fifty-eight
Special Chapter 1
favor

➳ forty-seven

11.8K 696 308
Oleh sooyoungexquisites

It's been a whole 5 minutes since Joy started staring at Areum's little frame standing next to a gigantic teddy bear placed infront of latter's classroom. Areum's wearing the brightest smile ever and her eyes are enlarged with such excitement. Areum is clutching to the pink teaddy bear's hands which is a habit of Areum that signifies ownership. Joy doesn't remember buying it for her at all that's why she's very confused right now.

"What's that?" Joy asked, pointing towards the huge teddy bear of Areum's size.

"It's a teddy bear," Areum answered and if only Joy is not sure that Areum is not aware of sarcasm, she's going to think Areum is being sarcastic right now.

"I mean, I know," Joy paused, "Why are you holding it? Who's is that?" She questions more precisely.

"Oh! This is mine! Isn't she pretty?" Areum coos, pinching the teddy bear's cheeks, "Her name's Joy," she giggled.

Joy almost chokes. She's also having goosebumps because where the hell did Areum get that? Aside from the fact that it's not a korean name, Joy never told Areum about her idol life.

She tried shaking off bad thoughts and asked again, "Where did you get it? Didn't I told you not to accept anything from strangers?" She's not trying to scold Areum, it's just that Joy doesn't get a good feeling out of this.

"It's from policeman-ahjussi, Eomma! Don't worry, I trust him," Areum answered rather cheerfully. Areum didn't notice the sudden change in her Eomma's expression.

I trust him, such big words coming from a merely 5-year old who barely understand the concept of trust. It's strange, Joy thought. How Areum trusted Sungjae so easily like she's known him for a long time. Joy's not blind, she's seen how they bond.

Well it's because of Joy too sometimes, she unintentionally make them spend time together. Joy gets lost in watching them talk until she ended up picking Areum 30 minutes late.

She's got no excuse. It's just good to see them interact. It's good to see Sungjae try. It's nice to see the different smiles Areum make because of someone that is not Joy. And somehow, Joy can see the old Sungjae whenever he's with Areum and it's nice.

It felt good. The chance is peeking through the window by the wall of her doubt. 

Maybe that's why Areum came up to trusting Sungjae albeit knowing nothing about the older. Because she can sense the eagerness and genuineness in him.

"What for?" Joy inquires, " Did you ask him to buy that for you?" Not that Joy is against Sungjae buying things for Areum. Actually she's actually a little surprised because she expected Sungjae to force gifts to Areum, to spoil her with such extravagance. But no, he didn't and Joy is thankful for the good pace. It's exactly how she wanted everything to be.

"No!!" Areum quickly defended herself, "It's because I did him a favor!" Areum even giggled, "I promised him that I will not tell you that he called you pretty so he bought me this," Areum explained, "It's a secret between policeman-ahjussi and I," She whispered and it seems like the younger isn't aware that she just spilled the tea.

If Joy felt her whole face and and ears burn from embarrassment, she chose to ignore it. Now's not the right time and she's too old to fuss over small compliments.

"What's the secret?" Joy tried asking again just to prove that Areum really didn't notice how she already spilled it all out.

"I'm sorry Eomma, I can't tell you," Areum's frown were replaced by shinning eyesmile, "But don't worry! It's not a bad secret! If only I'm allowed to tell you, I'm sure you'll be happy once you hear it!" Areum exploded in a fit of giggles like she's remembering what the secret is.

Joy felt even more embarrassed. If such interaction between Joy and Sungjae makes Areum this happy, how is she supposed to react? It seems like Areum is enjoying this so much and Joy doesn't have a single clue on how to comply with the situation.

"You're not gonna tell me? But I'm your Eomma," Joy knew that's a very childish reason but she wanted to see how Areum will stand on her ground.

Seeing how sad Joy's face is makes Areum think twice, "I'm really sorry Eomma!" Areum apologizes and it seems like she felt bad for having a secret, "I already told you it's not bad and besides, promises are meant to be kept," Areum recited what seems to be a  rehearsed phrase.

Joy chuckled in order to ease Areum's worry. She decided not to extrude Areum on telling her because poor little Areum seems to be having a hard time plus it's not like she doesn't know already.

"Do you even know what that means?" Joy questions, lowering down to Areum's height and pat her little girl's hair.

"No," Areum replied, "But policeman-ahjussi kept on saying that earlier so since you are an adult already, I feel like you will understand it. Right, Eomma?" Areum smiled and Joy couldn't help but pinch lighty on Areum's fluffy cheeks.

"Okay then," Joy mumbled as a reply and then helped Areum to carry Joy-the-teddy-bear on their way to their car.

Sunday morning and Joy's coffee shop is already packed. Jiyeon's busy serving while Joy takes and makes the orders. Areum is inside the office and because the latter doesn't have classes, she chose to laze inside, watching Dora the explorer. And Joy-the-teddy-bear sat beside her.

On the other hand, Sunday is Sungjae's rest day. After doing his laundry and cleaning up his room, he doesn't have anything to do anymore.

He's been thinking about Joy's reaction about the teddy bear but since he doesn't recieve a call of complain yet, he's come to the idea that Joy is not angry about it. And it's been two days already.

Sungjae wasn't able to do his nigthly patrol around the two's house last night because the chief in charge took Sungjae with him.  A casualty from another police station made the two went out for an overnight meeting. He actually doesn't know why he had to come but since it's the chief's request, he can't say no.

Say, Sungjae misses Areum and he wants to see the little girl so bad. Plus the fact that if he come to see Areum, he'll see Joy too and about the secret, he trusts Areum with that.

He's been thinking about coming to the shop after he finished doing his laundry but now that he's done, he's having second thoughts. What if Joy doesn't want him there? What if it's an unwanted move? What if Joy thinks it's not yet the right time? So many 'what ifs' that won't be answered if he won't make a move.

It's really complicated and scary. He can't ruin the improvements he made but he also wants to be closer. It's so hard to walk on thin line, it felt like one wrong step and everything's going to break. He went to the bathroom and took a bath.

Sungjae decided to go for an afternoon iced americano and and a mousse cake. He told himself that if Joy ever make a disapproving look upon seeing him, he'll sprint out of the coffee shop right away. Right now, all he can think of is the fast beating of his heart as he remind himself to focus while driving.

As soon as he entered the shop, his eyes went exactly to where Joy is. She's behind the girl occupying the  counter, mixing what seems to be a drink. The girlㅡ Jiyeon greeted him as he made his way to the counter.

He can't even form a coherent sentence to say his order. The pounding inside his chest is distracting him. He's only waiting for Joy to turn around and scream at him to get out of her coffee shop. Of course, Sungjae is aware that Joy isn't like that but he can't help but expect for the worst.

"Uh, Sir? What's your order?" Jiyeon's unsure tone made Sungjae snap out of his trance and look away from Joy.

"Ah...yeah. Uhm, an ice americano and a slice of chocolate mousse please," He said in a hurried and whisper-like tone as if he's scared to be heard by Joy. He looked out once again and paled when Joy is already looking at his direction.

"That would be 10,000 won," Jiyeon said after punching the order.

He looked away again to get his wallet and take out the bills he needed. After paying, he looked over Joy's direction again but she's nowhere to be found. Sungjae wasn't able to read Joy's expression and now he's worried. Maybe Joy doesn't want him there.

"I'll bring your order in 5 minutes. For now, you can wait on one of our tables," Jiyeon said politely then disappeared from behind the counter.

Sungjae took hesitant steps, contemplating on whether to go and sit on one of the chairs or just straight-up leave. He already payed anyway so there'd be no problem.

Maybe the latter is the best answer.

Just as he's about to go to the direction of the exit, he heard a loud yet small voice calling him. The name he can only hear from one person.

"Policeman-ahjussi!~"

Sungjae quickly turned around and saw Areum running towards his direction. His initial reaction was to kneel down, open his arms and wait for Areum's little frame to crush on him.

And he wasn't wrong. Areum gave him a bone-crushing hug as if they didnt see each other for a long time. He carried Areum and looked around for Joy but she's still nowhere to be found.

"How have you been?" He asked, starting a conversation as he walked the two of them to the nearest empty table in the shop.

"I didn't saw you yesterday!" Areum said, almost sounding like a complain. He placed her on the seat and sat in front of her.

Sungjae's brows furrowed, "You don't see me every weekends, Areum," He chuckled.

"I do! I see you every night riding you bicycle!" Areum supplies information, "I always watch you through our window, you know?" Areum pouted. She's disappointed.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Sungjae stuttered a bit. How's he supposed to react at such heartwarming revelation? And...Joy let her? "Were you waiting?" He asked.

Areum nodded, "Yeah. Where were you?" She asked, still pouting and Sungjae put his hand under Areum's chin and gently squeezed her face making Areum bust a smile.

"A senior policeman took me with him to another police station for a meeting," he explained although he knew Areum won't understand it, "I'm sorry I made you wait," he apologizes and Areum smiled sweetly.

"Is that why you're visiting me today?" Areum flashed him a happy smile, "Eomma told me you came to visit me. Is it true?" She asked eagerly.

"...she said that?" He asked, surprised. Is that why Joy suddenly disappeared?

Areum nodded excitedly.

"Yeah...I mean, yes, of course. I came to see my favorite girl," He answered, this time with such confidence.

Areum seemed to be very delighted of how the older addressed her because little Areum is smiling too widely.

"I'm your favorite girl?"

"You are,"

And that, people, is what you call character development. Lmao.

Be ready for regular updates and a little angst and the ending.

❤❤❤

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

297 60 5
Y'all But single dad alpha Taehyung sending his baby girl for her first dance class and she comes back home saying "daddy daddy teacher Seokkie smell...
8.7K 256 16
let's explore sungjoy's relationship in different universe [ republishing it because i wrote it out of love for sungjoy. republishing to keep the mem...
5.1K 124 8
♕SUNGJOY♔ Two souls meeting at different poles, will love be enough to cross the barriers and meet as human flesh? or otherwise.
25K 1.3K 28
Joy was raised in a Circus together with her 3 sisters Irene, Wendy and Seulgi, but never did she expected that her life would be changed after meeti...