With Every Step We Take

By Franny645

"I've been observing you for a while now and I want you to know you are different from any girl I've ever kno... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's Note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Author's Note
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 30

82 5 19
By Franny645

I re-read the threatening note I found taped on my family van,

Dearest Christen, I hope having a boyfriend is worth the tremendous amount of discord that will soon be coming into your life.

I shake my head. "Samantha needs to stop writing these notes. They are just stupid." I say to Mandy. I crumble up the note and put it in my pocket.

She looks at me wide eyed. "How could Samantha possibly do that and she's in jail?"

I think about it. Mandy was right, this letter wasn't mailed, it was physically taped on my family van. This could only be done by a free person. Is it possible there is someone else out to get me?

I release the thought from my head. That's their problem not mine, my GOD will protect me.

Mandy still looks spooked, but I laugh it off. "It's ok Mandy GOD will take care of this, I'm fine. You just focus on having a good time at the party tonight." I say refusing to let this bother me.

Mandy, and I walk up the stairs to my house. She took me home from school today, so we could hang out before she goes to the party.

"Christen you can't do this!" She shouts dramatically,continuing the dispute we were having before we found the note. It's possible that she took me home just to yell at me.

I turn around. "I'm not going to the party Manders, I told you GOD told me not to."

I told every one I wasn't going to the party two days ago, and Mandy is the only person that is still trying to convince me to go.

"Christen are you sure that GOD actually told you that?"

"What do you mean?" I ask Mandy, confused.

She sighs. "Is it possible that you could be talking to yourself sometimes, but you think it's GOD?"

I take my time to process what Mandy is saying to me. "Are you suggesting I mimic GOD's voice subconsciously?" I ask in disbelief.

"I'm just saying you might do it sometimes, and I think this party is one of those times." She admits.

"Mandy that's ridiculous." I say, starting to open the door to my house.

"Think about it Christen, it is possible that you can be making a mistake?"

I shake my head. "GOD wouldn't lead me astray like that. If I was ever talking to myself he would help me correct it."

"Maybe he is trying to help you correct it through me." Mandy says gently.

I take in a deep breath, I'm starting to feel really depressed. I feel like the firm rock on which I stand is starting to shake, and slip away before my eyes. This can't be happening.

'GOD help me overcome this doubt.' I plead.

There was no answer, and I'm starting to fear Mandy is right. Maybe I am talking to myself.

'GOD please talk to me, and tell me this isn't true.' I say, but no answer.

I gulp. "Maybe you are right." I say shakily.

Mandy gives me a hug. "It will be ok. Now let's go get you ready for tonight."

"Ok." I say lowly. I have a small feeling that I shouldn't do this, but I push it down, and let Mandy help me get ready.

Once we get upstairs Mandy tears up my closet looking for outfits. She brought her clothes here. It was almost like she knew she was was going to convince me to come to the party.

"How about this?" Mandy says, holding up a purple mini dress.

I laugh humorlessly. "I wore that to my 8th grade graduation, so I'm just going to rule that out.'

Mandy sighs. "Are you going to mope all night?"

"I'm not moping." I say looking at the floor.

She puts an arm around my shoulder. "Cheer up. I'm not saying you don't ever talk to GOD. I'm just saying maybe you don't talk to him as much as you think you do."

I nod my head, if only she knew that only made it worse. Now I have to try and decipher the things GOD actually told me, and the things I made up.

After about an hour, Mandy finds me a cute, but basic outfit. It was dark denim jeans, with a flowing white blouse.

After we get ready, I give myself a once over in the mirror. My outfit looks good, but I have a huge pimple on my face. It is so big and red, it can't even be covered with make up. Oh well, that's the least of my concerns right now.

Mandy and I watch Tv until Courtney and Grace come over. Once I changed my mind about the party, Mandy thought it would make more since for the girls to meet us at my house. The guys are driving with Justin.

Everyone is so excited. Sadly, I can't partake in those same feelings. I can't help, but feel apprehensive and sad. Maybe I shouldn't go after all.

No Christen that's what you want yourself to think, go ahead and try to have fun. I encourage myself.

"Time to go girlies!" Mandy says excitedly, as she picks her keys off the counter.

Courtney reluctantly puts down Derrick and Malcolm, which I might add are very attached to her. While Grace ends her poker match with DJ.

I on the other hand, gratefully end my conversation with Brian and Lauren on the environment of warthogs. As much as I love those two, I wasn't in the mood to try and figure out why that topic is relevant.

Courtney, Grace, Mandy, and I gather our stuff and head to Mandy's car. But not before we receive a lecture for my parents on safety, and good decisions.

I ride shotgun, while Courtney and Grace sit in the back seats.

The cool night breeze blowing on my face is exactly what I need to ease my stress. I feel so lost without talking to GOD. The very thought that I might not know him as well as I thought I did, makes me sick to my stomach.

"Are you ok Christen?" Grace asks me.

"Yeah girl, you seem kind of down to be going to the party of the year." Courtney chimes in.

I turn around and give them both a small smile. "Yeah I'm fine." I say, even though that's far from the truth.

They don't look convinced, but they don't push me on it.

Mandy pats my shoulder and continues driving.

The party turns out to be in this massive lake house in the middle of nowhere. I can't even recall the last store we had seen on our way down here. When we pull into the lot, we see there are people everywhere.

It take us awhile to get out the car, because we are attempting to process this foreign setting.

I feel slightly excited, but it still doesn't equate with the deep pain I feel inside.

Mandy, Courtney, Grace, and I make our way into the lake house.

"Where are the guys?" Grace asks, twirling her hair nervously.

"I'm going to call Justin now." Mandy says, pulling out her phone.

I stand here, taking it all in. I've never been to a house party before. I knew they were wild, but I never expected it to be this crazy. Alcohol was the main scent in the room, people were indulging in very obvious public displays of affection on every table, and the music could be heard from Canada.

Courtney nudges my arm with her elbow. "Christen check out the cute boy over there looking at you."

I turn my head to look, even though I'm not interested.

My eyes zero in on the person, and I realize it is Durk Jr.

"I'll be right back." I tell Courtney, smiling slightly.

"Hi Durk!" I say as I approach him.

"Hey Stranger." Durk says giving me a hug.

I hug him back. "So much has happened since the last time we talked, I could write a book." I joke.

He smiles. "Well you get on that."

"Sure thing." I reply.

Durk's eyebrows furrow together. "Somethings off about you today, why do you seem so melancholy."

I attempt to laugh his question off, but it sounds more like a choke. "It will all be in the book Durky." I say, hoping he'll leave it alone.

He nods, and continues to smile. "When can we hang out?"

I think about it. "How about on Tuesday, are you free?"

"That will be great. How about at my house, and bring your whole family. My parents are dying to have you all over for dinner." Durk says.

"My family would love too, we never pass up free food." I say.

Durk laughs. "I've missed you. The store is not the same without you."

"I miss you too, but I'll be back this summer." I say.

Durk grins. "Best summer ever."

"Well of course." I joke, flipping my hair.

An idea occurs to me.

"What are you doing here, isn't this a high school party?" I ask. Durk was a college student, so I'm confused as to why he wants to hang out with this crowd.

Durk laughs. "You wish this was a high school party. This is a college party, you and your friends are probably the only high school students here."

I stare at him in shock, Marcus forgot to mention that minor detail.

"Are you ok there?" Durk asks.

"Yes...No...I think so! Let me go back to my friends, I'll see you on Tuesday Durky." I say turning in the other direction.

"See ya Chrissy, and the next time I see you I expect to see that signature smile on your face." He calls after me.

I smile and go back to my friends.

"Who was that?" Courtney and Mandy say simultaneously, with eager looks on their faces.

"My friend Durk. I told you guys about him." I say nonchalantly.

"Yeah, but you didn't mention he was sizzling hot!" Grace says.

I laugh. "I guess I didn't notice."

I mean Durk was cute, but I wouldn't describe him as 'sizzling hot' . I look out the window to the beautiful view of the lake.

"He calls you Chrissy?" Courtney asks, interrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah, and?" I say, already knowing what she is implying.

"He's got a thing for you Christen." Courtney says, wiggling her eyebrows. She had no idea. I didn't tell them about the time Durk almost kissed me. I would prefer if no one knew about that.

I frown. "I have a boyfriend."

"I know, just saying." Courtney says with a grin. I shake my head, this girl is dangerous.

I suddenly remember a very important detail about this party.

"We need to hurry up and find the guys, this is a college party!" I inform them.

"What?" Mandy and Grace screech.

I understand how they feel completely. How could Marcus not tell us this?

"I love Marcus!" Courtney squeals jumping up in down. She seems to be the only one happy about this predicament.

"I'm going to kill him." Mandy says clutching her fists.

Grace takes a deep breath. "We are already here, so let's just try and have fun."

We all nod in agreement, and go into the huge living room.

Sitting on one of the sofas, are Grant, Justin, Marcus, Cory, and Tim.

"What's happening chicas?" Tim calls out.

Marcus makes cat calls at us, and the four of us sit on the couch across from them.

We laugh and talk for a little bit, all the noise and chatter helps me keep my mind off of my problems. Soon everyone branches off on their own, and Grant and I are left alone.

"Is something wrong?" He asks me.

I ignore his question, and ask a question of my own.

"You want to dance?" I ask Grant, twisting my cross in between my fingers. We have never danced before, and I am curious. Hopefully he'll say yes.

"Sure." He says, shrugging his shoulders.

I grab his hand, leading him to the wide space being used as a dance floor.

Grant puts his hand around my waist, and we begin to dance to the music.

I'm actually surprised that he is dancing in sync with the beat. "You can dance?" I lean back to ask him.

"If you call holding your waist while we sway back and forth dancing, then yes."

"That's good to know." It still excites me when I find out new things about him.

We continue to move to the beat. I notice the couples around us dancing in a very distasteful manner. I look away, grateful Grant and I are keeping it classy.

Grant chuckles, and I turn around to look at him. "What's so funny?"

"The look on your face when you look at the people around us."

"Can you blame me for finding that disturbing?" I ask, gesturing to a girl leaning down and bouncing her butt in the air.

He chuckles some more. "Come on."

He leads me pass the huge crowd of people, and outside.

"Why are we going out here?" I ask.

"I needed a break from the noise." He says.

"Ohh." Now that I'm outside in the quiet I can focus on my pain, and the feeling I should leave this party.

"Christen, why are you here?" Grant asks.

"Excuse me?" I ask, but it came out a little defensive.

"Why are you here?" He repeats.

"What do you mean why am I here? Why are you here?" I answer back.

"You're the one who said you didn't want to come, why did you all of a sudden change your mind?" Grant asks.

I sigh. "GOD told me I shouldn't go to this party. But, sometimes I think when I'm talking to GOD, I'm really just talking to myself." I say feeling really depressed.

Grant forces me to look at him. "You're not talking to yourself, don't get that idea in your head. You have to much experience, and companionship with GOD to think that."

"You don't understand." I say, trying to push back the pain inside of me.

"Yes I do. You have proved time and time again that you talk to GOD, why wait until now to doubt it."

What Grant is saying is so true. My GOD has proved to me time and time again that he is not a figment of my imagination, but he truly speaks to me. I was such an idiot to doubt him, and not trust the feelings he gave me. How could I do this?

"Are you ok?" Grant asks me.

I nod my head. Even though I was lying.

"No you're not." He says, wiping a stray tear from my cheek.

Shoot, I'm crying! I didn't mean to cry, but I can't help it, because I'm just so upset with myself.

I stand there a little embarrassed, and Grant hands me a balled up tissue. "Blow your nose."

I eye the tissue with caution. "Is that used?"

He chuckles. "No."

I grab the tissue, blow my nose, and wipe the remainder of my tears. "Thanks."

My mind can't help but go back to how I am doubted my ABBA. I feel something inside of me open back up to GOD.

'I'm so sorry GOD.' I cry out in my spirit.

'It's ok Christen. I promise you I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. Remember I am slow to anger. I already knew you were going to doubt me, and I've incorporated it into my plan.' I silently rejoice over our renewed connection.

'Really?'

'Yes you amaze me, but you don't surprise me. You are my child, don't you think I knew you weren't going to follow my directions?' GOD asks.

A little giggle escapes my mouth. Even when GOD says he is disappointed in me there is still an amazing amount of peace you feel. But there is also a deep urge to do better, so that I won't ever disappoint him again. 'I guess you did know. What do I do now?'

'It will be ok, just leave the party, you have time to fix this.'

'But how LORD? I carpooled with my friends, and they might not be ready to leave.'

'Trust me.'

'Ok. Can I ask you a question?' I say hesitantly, thinking of the painful memory.

'Why didn't you answer when I called for your help earlier, I asked you to tell me my doubt wasn't real.'

GOD smiles. 'Sweetie you already knew that all along. I gave you an answer, but since you were so afraid that my voice was not real, you blocked me out. That is actually one of the biggest reasons most of my children don't speak to me like you do.'

'I'm so sorry GOD. I really had no reason to doubt.' I say sincerely.

'It's ok Christen, but you already know that.' He says gently.

'Why am I not suppose to be at this party?' I inquire.

'I'm not ready to reveal that to you yet, but you will know eventually. For now give your mind a rest, and let me see that beautiful smile I created.

I laugh out loud. GOD is too good.

'I love you ABBA.' I tell GOD happily.

'I love you too dear, now it's time for you to leave. I want you to remember one thing though." GOD says.

'Yes GOD?"

'Your soul knows when it's speaking to me, with that knowledge you will never doubt my voice again, ok?'

'Ok Daddy.' I say relieved I can trust in the beloved voice of GOD again.

I end my mind talk with GOD. I smile, he truly has a way of making me feel better. Even when I doubt him. GOD is just so understanding, and loving. I'll never take this for granted. Even though he understands that I am not perfect, and will disobey him at times, I might not always be able to fix it like I can tonight. Fortunately, I have a chance to leave this party.

I start to remember I'm not alone. I look over at Grant, but he's looking over the balcony at woods.

Good, at least he wasn't just watching me stare into space.

"Sorry I zoned out on you, I was -"

"Talking to GOD." Grant finishes my sentence.

I smile. " Yeah."

"I hope he smacked some sense into your head. You're the only person I know who can access their ability to have full conversations with GOD so easily, and then you doubt it." Grant says.

"I know." I say.

An idea comes to my mind. "Have you tried to do it?

"Yeah, since you taught me how. I just find it difficult." He admits.

"It's a lot easier when you have spiritual nourishment." I say.

"And that is..."

"Things that help build your relationship with GOD. Like going to church, reading the bible, talking about GOD, worship, reflection, and all that good stuff."

Grant sighs. "Well going to church is out, because my parents are against religion. If they found out I went to church, they would ground me, and I'd never hear the end of it. On Sundays I'm practically on lock down."

I forgot Grant's parents were atheists. They shouldn't prevent him from having his own beliefs though.

"For beginners it helps if you go outside and start asking GOD questions, and that will soon develop into a conversation." I inform him.

"Why outside?" He asks.

I shrug. "I don't know. It's something about nature that brings you closer with GOD. That is only suggestion for beginners, of course you know you can speak to GOD anywhere and anytime."

"Can I ask you a question?" I begin.

"You just did, but go ahead." He says.

"Why aren't you an atheist like your parents?" I ask, curiously.

He thinks about it for a second."I spent my whole life trying to do the opposite of what they do. They are close minded to all religions, and I try to be open minded to them. It wasn't until I started dating you that I considered myself a Christian, and actually wanted to improve my relationship with GOD." Grant explains.

I smile. "That's really nice."

"Yeah, but my parents piss me off. They know I'm a Christian now, and they won't even support it. Instead they threaten to punish me if I go to church, what kind of parents do that to their son?"

I sigh. " I don't know, but don't let them discourage you. GOD will reward you for remaining faithful."

Grant smiles. "That's good to know."

After a few seconds of quiet he speaks. "I know you want to get out of here, so let's go."

'Thank you GOD for providing a way out.' I say in my head.

"More than anything, but how? Justin drove you here, and Mandy drove me."

Grant shrugs. "We can walk to the main road, where the town is, and call a cab. I don't think they'll pick us up this far out of route."

A deep frown furrows my brow. "Are you suggesting we walk in the middle of nowhere in pitch darkness?"

"Yes." He says simply.

I shake my head. "That's not going to happen."

"Yes it is, because we're leaving. Don't worry, I'll protect you." He winks, while rolling up his shirt sleeves.

I grin at the thought of Grant trying to defend me from bears, and other beasts of the wilderness.

"Hate to break it to you buddy boy, you're big, but not bigger than the things that might possibly attack us." I say, patting his back.

Grant takes my arm, and guides me down the steps. People are hopping off of them, and running towards the lake.

"Looks like we are missing a good round of skinny dipping." Grant says sarcastically.

I laugh and start walking towards the dark road on the side of the lake house. "Fun." I reply matching his tone.

Grant laughs. "I'm glad to see that your mood has taken a complete 360 turn."

I smile. "Yep. GOD set everything straight." I say happily. I feel so much better!

I stop when I get to the dark road, and wait for him, because I want him to go first.

I have to admit I'm pretty scared. I keep chanting 'GOD did not give me the spirit of fear, but of power, love, and of a sound mind.' That's the Bible verse my Nana told me to say whenever I'm afraid.

We hear a loud noise come from the woods surrounding us.

I jump on to Grant, and cover my eyes.

"What is that?" I ask panicked.

He chuckles. "A frog."

"Oh." I say feeling a little silly. "Do you mind if I chill up here for a little bit?" I ask from my spot on his back.

"Not at all." He says, continuing to walk.

"Will it make you uncomfortable?" I ask.

"Why would it?" He asks back, curiously.

"You sometimes get uncomfortable when we're close." I mumble. Even though we were close earlier when we were dancing, he might not want to be close now.

"I'm use to that feeling around you." He says.

I'm not sure whether that was a compliment or not.

I decide to make Grant open up to me about it. "Why does our closeness make you uncomfortable?"

"Why are you so determined to figure me out? Maybe I don't want you to know." He says.

If I only knew things people wanted me to know, I would hardly know anything. It's a good thing I don't limit myself to that.

"I will always try to figure you out whether you like it or not, so just tell me." I say impatiently.

"I don't really know. I guess I've always been emotionally and physically distant. My parents never really hugged me or gave me any type of physical affection as a child. When I tried to stop letting that effect my behavior, I got a girl pregnant. Those two things combined made me never want to touch another human being again, but then I met you."

I smile at that part.

"I've never been good at the couple stuff, but you make me try to get better at it. Some days it's easier than others, and it also helps that you blush at everything I say." He finishes.

I roll my eyes. I'm pretty sure fifty percent of the time Grant says sweet stuff just to get a reaction from me. "Not everything..."

"Whatever gets you through the night." He says.

"I love when you open up to me like that." I say truly happy with the information he shared.

He smirks. "I'm glad you liked it, because it probably won't happen again."

I swat his arm. "We'll see about that."

Grant continues to walk with me clinging to him. After about 20 minutes I get off. Even though he doesn't admit it his back has to be killing him, I almost weigh 130 lbs.

I gaze up at the stars. You can see them here much better than you can in the city. GOD promised Abraham that he would have descendants as numerous of the stars, and he kept that promise. I think of the stars as a symbol of GOD's promises in our lives.

"Aren't the stars beautiful?" I ask Grant.

"I wouldn't know, because I was looking at you." He says.

A blush rises to my cheeks. "Well stop doing that."

"Why?"

"Because I have a pimple." I say under my breath. Now that I feel considerably better, I have time remember the red demon on my face.

"Who cares, I have one too." He says shrugging.

I look up at his face, searching for it. There was a small red dot by his mouth. "But yours is barely noticeable and it's kinda cute."

"There's no such thing as a cute pimple." Grant retorts.

I smile at this ridiculous turn in the conversation.

As we continue to walk, I grab his hand.

Fortunately he didn't pull away, but gripped my hand back.

I smile to myself, this expedition turned out to be a little better than I expected.

"When I took Jacob to visit Samantha, I confronted her about the card she sent you on Monday." He says.

"What did she say?" I ask.

"Some nonsense about she didn't send any card to you, and that we have bigger problems to worry about then her. I tried to get her to elaborate, but she was too busy playing with Jacob. She sucks as a person, but she loves that baby. "

I smile at the thought, the meanest person I know has a soft side. I think back to what Grant said about Samantha not sending the card.

"I believe her." I whisper.

"About not sending the card? She's lying, who else could've sent it?" He asks confused.

" I don't think she is. I received another threatening note today resembling the last one, it was taped to my family van. There is no way Samantha could have put that there."

"Just, because she didn't physically put it there herself doesn't mean she's wasn't behind it."

"I hope your right." I say. I really don't want to believe there's yet another person out to get me because I'm dating Grant.

I know GOD will protect me, so I will be ok.

Grant tugs on my hair. "Don't worry about it, I won't let anyone hurt you."

I look into his eyes. The brown specks in them are so deep. I feel like I see into a part of his soul, and it's beautiful.

I smile up at him. "How did I get so blessed?"

"I think I should be the one asking that question." He says, while he tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I blush slightly, and look away from the intensity of his gaze. "You say you're not good at the whole couple thing, but then you say really sweet stuff like that."

"Like I said, some days are better than others."

"Well you've been having a lot of good days lately." I say, thinking about all the sweet things he's said and done recently that I constantly replay in my mind.

Grant chuckles. "Well maybe that's your fault."

I smile and shake my head resigning myself to the fact I'll never understand him.

"Let's keep walking you goof, I want to get out of the wilderness. I feel like freaking Dora the Explorer."

Grant smiles. "Well than I'm the monkey thing that follows you around."

"You mean Boots?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, her." He says.

"You mean him? How do you not know the characters of Dora, you have a son that's under the age of one." I say a little surprised.

"Exactly, key word 'son'. he doesn't watch Dora." Grant says looking disturbed by the thought.

I chuckle. "Are things better now that your parents are back?"

"Yes, I have more time to do stuff. But, I still have to make sure there is someone to watch him while I'm at school, I have to make sure he eats the right things, and I have to spend enough time with him, so he doesn't really notice the absence of his mother." Grant says, raking a hand through his hair.

I take in a deep breath. I didn't even think about how Samantha being in jail would effect Jacob. That is his mom, she's suppose to be there for him. From my understanding he is very attached to her, which is to be expected from a baby. How could Samantha make such dumb decisions without thinking about him? Who would be his mother figure now? As long as I can help it that baby will know he's loved. I declare in my mind, taking up my new task.

"That must be tough." I say solemnly.

"Yeah, it is." Grant says frowning. "He deserves so much better."

I take my thumb, smooth out the creases in his eyebrows, and rest my hand on his cheek.

"It will all work out GOD has this situation in his hands." I tell Grant earnestly.

"You just keep being the best father you can be to Jacob, and remember to pray for Samantha." I finish.

Even though she hates my guts, I pray for Samantha every night. No matter what she's done, she's still my sister in CHRIST.

Grant suddenly pulls me into a hug. I try to keep my self from hyperventilating, but that proves to be unsuccessful.

"You smell so good." Grant mutters into my hair.

"So do you." I breathe out, inhaling his scent. As usual his scent is fresh, and intoxicating. I want to memorize it forever.

I wrap my arms around his waist, and hug him back. His strong arms continue to hold me tight against him. This night was truly perfect. It is like we are the only two people in the whole entire world.

I lost track of how long we stood there like that. It could have been hours, even though I highly doubt it.

This was a rare thing for us. Today must be a really really good day for him, I think to myself.

He pulls away and looks into my eyes. "Thanks for that."

"Yeah, no problem." I say quietly, directing my gaze to the dark forest.

Grant turns my head back towards him. "No I really mean it. Without you I couldn't get through all of this."

I blush. "Yes you could, because you're a strong man." I say, patting his cheeks condescendingly. I don't think he realized, but this was yet another time he opened up to me tonight.

He smirks. "That is completely true," I laugh at his cockiness. "but do you know why I'm so strong?"

I shake my head no.

He pulls me to his side. "Because I have my girl." He says.

Once again my face heats up rapidly. Grant just called me his girl! And I really like the sound of that. He is just on a roll tonight...

I wonder if he is ready to kiss. "Are you ready to let go yet?" I ask shyly, hoping he would know what I'm talking about.

"When I am you'll know, and you will never forget it." Grant winks.

I blush, but quickly hide it. "I doubt it will be that good." I say, hoping he'll prove me wrong right here and now.

"I guess you'll just have to wait and see." He retorts not giving in.

I frown slightly. How long will I have to wait until I kiss this boy? It's not like he is some random crush, he's my boyfriend for crying out loud. I want to tell him I don't care if we kiss like an old married couple, but I know I will loose the fight. He's so stubborn.

We keep walking, and I am surprised to see lights and shops awaiting us in the road ahead. I look at my phone, after almost an hour of walking we are here.

"We made it." I say relieved.

"Yep. That was fun, we should do it again some time." He says.

"You go ahead and schedule that for around...never." I say sarcastically. This night turned out to be really romantic, but the setting not so much.

Grant laughs, and we walk towards our long awaited destination.

~~~~~

It is Chapter 30!!!!!!!!! I just want to thank you all so much for reading this book, I love and appreciate every single one of you. You guys are awesome. I'm sorry this chapter took so long. School is more challenging than I thought, any other juniors in the house? Anyways, for fun please tell me your favorite parts of this chapter, and your favorite chapter in the book thus far😊 Or you can put smiley faces next to your favorite parts of this chapter, whichever works. I don't really know why, but it's so fun to see. Alright guys the really good stuff is coming up, so stay tuned. And remember to always be blessed.

Does anybody think they can guess what will happen next? Use those psychic abilities of yours, and write a comment about it.😆

Toodles👋💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 1.1K 23
My fist clenched against the edge of the table when he pushed a hair strand behind her ear and leaned closer, what the fuck!! Why she is not pushing...
702K 20.2K 25
I was 17 when I ask him to take my virginity but he explicitly said no. Now, eight years later I need to ask him the same humiliating question again...
3.5K 272 36
"why the fuck did you went on a date with him? he is not even your type!!" he growls. "so what? he is friendly and nice to me" I replied confidently...
108K 4.6K 30
"Silly boy - you dare ask me that question?" I frown at him instantly - taken aback when he gripped my chin. Yanking me close enough towards him, ou...