With Every Step We Take

由 Franny645

"I've been observing you for a while now and I want you to know you are different from any girl I've ever kno... 更多

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's Note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Author's Note
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 25

95 5 8
由 Franny645

Today is my fifth day in jail. GOD has kept me safe and at peace, just like I knew he would.

As if that isn't great enough he has also done amazing things for my new friends in these last few days.

Louise is now talking to the jail psychologist, and is developing some new coping methods. Since she started doing that, she has completely stopped using the bathroom on herself.

I am so happy, because that could not have been healthy for her at all. Plus our cell smells a lot better.

Things are looking good for Greg as well, he is soon getting visitation rights for his daughter.

As for Clark, he hasn't tried to shank anyone. He too is talking to the jail psychologist.

The four of us have become really close these last few days. Jail is a tough place, but we now know we can rely on each other.

I find it ironic, how we are all different ages, and we get along so well. Clark is 26, Louise is 22, Greg is 33, and I'm 17. We also have very different personalities.

Despite all this, our friendships are real. It's real, because it's through GOD.

I smile to myself as I think about the Christian Clique. Yep, that name's going to stick.

"Earth to Christen." Louise snaps a finger in my face.

I jump a little startled at her action.

"Hmm?" I say unfocused.

"You were just sitting there staring into space, and smiling." Greg says with his eyebrows raised.

"Yeah." Clark chimes in. "If you're going to do that at least blink a little, I get scared easily."

I stare at him with disbelief. "Says the man who is in jail for setting someone's car on fire."

Louise laughs, while Clark shoots me a glare.

"That has nothing to do with me being scared!"

I shake my head at him in amusement. Even though what Clark did was terrible, I'm glad it wasn't something more serious like murder. All four of us were looking at no more than 6 years in jail.

GOD willing I will be found innocent and my jail time will not be anywhere near that long.

As much as I love my new friends, I hate jail. It's dirty, people treat you like trash, you have the constant urge to look over your shoulder, and the food is terrible. That is just the basic horrors of jail. Let's not even venture into deeper things, like the overwhelming feeling of worthlessness, humiliation, and feeling stuck.

I've only been in here for five days, but it feels like five years. My heart goes out to everyone in jail, because this is just a terrible way to live.

I feel a lot better when my parents visit though. I can tell they are stressed to the maximum level, buy they always manage to put on a calm face for me.

They recently told me my friends are questioning my where abouts.

My parents didn't want to tell them where I really am, so they told them I went out of town to visit my Aunt.

I snickered when my mom told me Courtney demanded to know why I won't answer my phone.

My Mom explained to her I left it at home, and had no cell reception in my current location. That was actually the only true thing they told my friends.

I hated that they had to lie, because of me. This has to stop and it has to stop soon, my family doesn't deserve this.

"Christen, you're zoning out again." Greg says.

"Sorry guys I have a lot on my mind today." I say apologetically.

Louise pats my shoulder. "It's ok." I smile at her.

Out the corner of my eye I see the guards coming to take everyone back to their cells.

I sigh. Time to go back to the isolation and seclusion of the stone walls.

'GOD please be with me.' I pray silently, as some guards walk towards our table.

One of the guards gesture for me to stand up. I do as directed.

"Come with me." He says in a monotone voice.

That's weird this isn't the usual guard that takes me back to my room. Regardless, I stick my hands out for him to cuff me.

He holds up one hand. "That won't be necessary Ms. Miller."

I'm shocked for two reasons. The first, is anytime you go anywhere in this jail you must be cuffed until you arrive at your destination. The second, is the guard called me 'Mrs. Miller' they usually just call me prisoner, or address me by my assigned number.

I follow him out the corridor of the eating quarters.

"Aren't you going to take my cellmate Louise too?" I ask curiously.

"No. She's not being released." The guard says.

"Wait, what? I'm being released?" I ask excitedly. I can't believe it!

"Yes."

"I thought I was held here without bail until my hearing?"

"That is true, but we had a person confess to the crime you were accused of. Therefore, we cannot legally hold you here."

"Someone confessed?"

"Yes."

'THANK YOU GOD, I KNEW YOU WOULD FREE ME!'

"GOD is so great!" I tell the guard.

A slight smile comes on his face. "Yes he is."

He leads me all the way to the front of the jail, where I can see people talking to my parents.

"You can change your clothes, and join them." The guard says, while gesturing to the clothes I came to jail in sitting on the bench.

Finally, I can get out of this itchy orange jump suit!

The guard turns to walk away. "Wait!" I call, making him turn back around.

"Can you please tell my friends what's going on, and that I'll write to them?"

He gives me a confused look. "Who are your friends?"

A small smile creeps on my face. "Just call the Christian Clique, they'll come."

He gives me a weird look, but nods his head. "I will."

"Thank you." I say genuinely grateful.

He nods his head and leaves.

I stand there trying to let the fact that I'm free sink in. I'm no longer a prisoner! I actually get to see the light of day again!

I skip happily to the nearest restroom, when I see Brett standing against the wall in hand cuffs.

The HOLY SPIRIT immediately lets me know that he is the one who confessed to the crime.

This is the second time I've seen Brett since we rode on the bus together, and every time I see him it gets creepier and creepier.

I approach him slowly, confused about his role in all of this.

"Are you the one who framed me, and robbed the church?" I ask him.

Brett's head snaps up to look at me.

"Yes." He says regretfully.

"Why?" I ask, trying to get answers.

"Because I'm a desperate man, Christen."

I make a gesture with my hands for him to elaborate.

"I have a lot to tell you." He begins.

"I've got nothing but time." I say.

He sighs, and starts talking. "I've been stalking you for about 2 months now."

"How's that possible we just met like 2 weeks ago?" I say seriously confused and weirded out.

"That wasn't a coincidence. I purposely got on the bus you were riding on, and I purposely sat next to you. I'm also the one who broke into your house."

"Why would you do all of this?" I screech. I'm way past the point of comprehending this situation.

"I did it all because I needed money. I have a family to take care of and no means to provide for them. One day an opportunity came up, and against my better judgement I took it."

"Are you the one who told the police you saw me steal the money from the vault?" I ask.

Brett nods his head. "I'm also the one who stole your 'Christen' bracelet, and put it in front of the vault."

"How did you even get it?"

"I sat next to you in church that Sunday before you were arrested. I slipped it off your wrist, while we were holding hands to pray."

So many things are going through my mind right now, but mainly I want to know why Brett would do all of this. I remember one of my previous conclusions.

"You said you were given an opportunity, and you took it. By any chance, was this 'opportunity' given to you by a girl named Samantha?"

Brett's eyes widen. "How'd you know?"

"My GOD keeps me well informed. Now explain to me you and Samantha's roles in all of this."

He sighs. "I cut the grass for Samantha's family. One day I was collecting my money, and Samantha told me she could give me a lot more money, if I help her with something very important. Of course, I accept without any knowledge of what I was getting myself into."

"Did she ever say why she had you do all this?"

"She said it was a necessary part of 'getting her man back'." Brett says rolling his eyes.

"But she already got her man back." I say incredulously. Why was she still tormenting me, Grant and I aren't together anymore.

"So everything you did, you did because she told you to?" I ask.

He just nods his head in shame.

"What made you turn yourself in?"

"Well, I just kept replaying how wonderful you were to me on the bus in my mind. I was there to get more information on you, but you ended up helping me redefine my relationship with GOD. I didn't want to do anything to harm you after that, but I got so scared when I couldn't support my family. I knew Samantha was wrong, but she had the money."

Surprisingly, my heart stretches out to Brett.

"Words can't describe how truly sorry I am Christen."

"I forgive you Brett." I say sincerely.

"Thank you."

I pull a piece of paper out of the jeans in my hand, and hand it to Brett.

"What's this?" He asks.

"The message from GOD I read you that day on the bus."

"Don't you need it?" He asks shocked.

I wave my hand in the air dismissively. "I have it memorized, i'll just rewrite it. I want you to keep it, so that you'll have faith in GOD for you to get the shortest sentence possible, and to provide for your family."

He smiles. "Thank you Christen, I knew I made the right choice turning myself in."

"Thank you for that." I say. "Out of curiosity, what was the point to all of The things Samantha had you do?"

He shakes his head. "As far as I know, they were all attempts to get rid of you, or make you break up with Grant. She didn't really tell me much though, she just gave me orders."

I just nod my head. I have a strong feeling there is a lot more to this than Brett knows.

I remember I'm suppose to change and join my parents.

"Bye Brett, I have to go. Thank you again." I hug him quickly. "When you eat meals, ask for the Christian clique, and sit with them. Tell them Christen sent you."

He smiles, and waves. "Ok."

I go to the bathroom and get changed. It feels so good to be free!

'Thank you GOD!'

I slowly walk towards my parents, and hug them both from behind.

I could tell I startled them, because they both got in semi karate poses.

"Christen!" mom shouts, while engulfing me in the biggest hug I've ever received.

My Dad squeezes the life out of me as well. Let's just say there is no place I rather be right now then in my parents' arms, gasping for air.

"I'm really glad you're out kiddo." My Dad says.

I just smile, I've been deprived of their hugs. For days now, we've only communicated through a glass window.

After my parents finish hugging me and checking me for injuries, I notice a change in my dad's expression.

"You were right, Samantha did have something to do with you being framed." He says.

"Yes I know, Brett told me everything. I ran into him on my way to change." I say.

"Is that what that low life's name is?" My Dad says bitterly.

"Yes Dad. But please understand this man did what he did , because he was desperate for money."

"I don't care! That is no excuse to put my daughter through hell." My Dad spits out.

It was an awkward silence for a couple of moments, no one new exactly what to say after that.

"Any word on what the police are doing with Samantha?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"There's a warrant out for her arrest. It should take about 2 days for them to act on it." The police officer in the corner of the room chimes in.

"It's taking everything in me not to find her myself, and beat her down. No one messes with my children ." My mom says angrily.

I struggle not to giggle at her mama bear alter ego.

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that." The officer says with a smirk.

My parents and I, sit down and discuss everything with the officers, and fill out paper work.

After about 2 hours I was finally able to leave jail, and restart my life as a free girl. I have a feeling this battle isn't nearly over, but I thank GOD for my freedom.

~~~

I hope you guys liked this chapter!! Please Comment, vote, and suggest! :) GOD Bless lovelies!😋

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

148K 2.4K 42
"What the fuck is your problem?" I asked my sworn enemy. "Have you lost your damn mind!" I scream at the top of my lungs. This bitch better answer m...
10.2K 293 28
"Oh," he said, as my back hit the wooden wall. Damn it, of course. With nowhere to go, his arms locked me in between him and the wall. He stared down...
3.8K 308 37
"why the fuck did you went on a date with him? he is not even your type!!" he growls. "so what? he is friendly and nice to me" I replied confidently...
108K 4.6K 30
"Silly boy - you dare ask me that question?" I frown at him instantly - taken aback when he gripped my chin. Yanking me close enough towards him, ou...