𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐀, peter pan

By tomsturridge

Mara Turner is adventurous, all she wanted was go on an adventure but was cut short when she came across Neve... More

Introduction
Moonsea Playlist
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Cast and Characters
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four

Chapter Sixty-One

2.8K 118 48
By tomsturridge

"What?" Mara uttered under her breath as she stared at the man in confusion. "You're going to save Peter?"

Blackbeard stood up, "You've heard right, Mara" he affirmed.

"Why?" It was the first question she wondered. All this time, the Lost Boys have thought Blackbeard was here to take over Neverland and have it all to himself, but they were wrong. Did Peter knew this? "Why do you want to destroy Neverland?"

Blackbeard looked up for a moment as he breathed in before glancing down at Mara. "Because... I know this place means so much to Peter. I'm going to save him because I'm going to make him watch this place burn into ashes, and let him live the rest of his life knowing that he had failed"

"You're only saving him just to torment him" Mara responded coldly, was there a second that she thought this man actually cared his own brother? There was in fact a moment there she thought. She never realized how this man was this vile. Does Peter know about this? Does he know what Blackbeard is really planning? Does he know that he's here to burn Neverland? She needs to warn Peter. "Does he know? Does Peter know that you're destroying Neverland?"

"Of course not, Mara—" Blackbeard approached Mara, pulled out a dagger, the girl fidgeted when the man came at her with a dagger, but instead he was cutting off the ropes that were tying her wrists against the chair's arms. "And you... if what you say is true about you saving Peter, I believe I can't risk of letting you live from now on"

"What?" Mara gasped. Blackbeard grabbed her arm, forcing her to get up and began to push her to the door.

"No!" James yelled as he watched Blackbeard pushing and pulling the girl out of the room. "Blackbeard! Don't do this!"

"Don't worry, James. You'll be right behind her" Blackbeard closed the door behind him. Mara stood in froze for a moment until she was pushed again to move forward. They were in a lower floor, a large space in the lower floor with dozens of similar barrels. "Go. Straight ahead" Blackbeard urged her to move forward and she did so.

Mara walked ahead, there were more men, maybe a dozen of them, all of them seemingly preparing for a fight. Blackbeard told her to climb up the stairs and she did. More pirates were above, all of them armed and wielding various weapons. Mara had not forget about the other ships, she thought of the numbers they have, do numbers matter? Do these men really stand the chance of conquering the land against the Natives and the Lost Boys? Still she was afraid that Blackbeard might win.

Her hands were grabbed from behind by Blackbeard and pulled them behind her. He began tying her hands together behind her back. She winced by the roughness as her shoulders felt they were being twisted. "Send to her to the plank" Blackbeard pushed the girl forward and she bumped into another pirate.

She glanced up at the pirate, she wasn't sure if she should be relieved or worried when this pirate is Hook. "Killi—"

"Be quiet, girl!" Killian hissed. Mara was almost confused by Killian's sudden rudeness, but she quickly remembered that Blackbeard have no knowledge of Mara and Killian's acquaintance. The pirate turned the girl around toward the edge of the ship. There was a gap between the railings, a long plank connected on the edge of the floor of the ship. "I hope you're a good swimmer" Killian spoke softly close to Mara's ear. The pirate inserted a small dagger into Mara's sleeve. "I'll get James out"

Mara, feeling a sudden relief, feeling glad that Killian is helping her and James. She thought he had left already, or decided he had gone to Blackbeard's side, she never thought he was this kind to her.

"Now, walk the plank, girl!" Hook acted as he were enjoying it as he pushed toward the plank harshly.

Mara felt the dagger in her sleeves against her skin in her left arm. Before she stepped onto the plank, she glanced back, sees the pirates watching her and shouting at her to go. There was Blackbeard approaching to the railing and rested his hands on the railing, he smiled at her. Over his shoulder, she could see Killian slowly stepping backward toward the cellar. She hoped he gets James, and perhaps she could take her time on the plank. Walk very slowly to the end of the plank to distract Blackbeard while Killian gets James.

She can't really swim with her hands tied behind her back, it's a relief that Killian slid a dagger into her sleeve without anyone noticing. She saw more pirates coming out of the cellar door, Killian must've drawn them out.

The pirates were shouting at her to jump already, even one of the pirates who she recognized from Killian's crew, a pirate name Percy, he stomped on the plank, the plank wobbled, making Mara to almost lose her balance, when she got her balance back, the pirates' cheers turned to moans of disappointment. She found herself glaring at Blackbeard who was leaning forward against the railing and exchanging an amuse smile.

All of sudden, out of nowhere, something big crashed underneath the ship. The entire ship shook, every one fell silent as they all startled by sudden crash meanwhile Mara fell backwards off the plank.

When Mara hit the water, she wasn't prepared at all, she didn't even have time to take a deep breath but rather a short one. She quickly reached the dagger in her sleeve with her hands, she could barely get it out, the dagger was so sharp that it cut her wrist when she got it out, she held it on the steel, cutting her own palms on accident before blindly finding the handle with her hands then began to struggle to cut the rope.

She didn't noticed the drowned screeches within the water, loud crashes continued under the ship, she didn't look until she finally cut off the rope and her hands broke free. The moonlight illuminated beneath the sea, there were quick sights of strange sparkling and glistening, it was almost too blurry to see what it is, she seen something swimming under the ship, more than one, there were more than one. She didn't realize what they were until one of them came swimming at her.

Mermaids.

Mara quickly swam up to the surface, her head sprang up to the surface and she only took a gasp when a hand gripped her ankle and yanked her back into the water. Hands were on her waists, pulling her down further and further beneath the ocean.

When the mermaid that was holding her came face to face, the mermaid stopped as she recognized Mara. "Lost Girl?" The golden-haired mermaid uttered, "You're no man" her tone was full of disappointment. With that, the mermaid let Mara go and the mermaid swam back to the ship.

Mara saw the majority of mermaids going against one ship that Mara was on, she never knew that there were more than a dozen of mermaids. The sounds of their screech sounded monstrous under water. It's as if that's their true form when they're in the water, but on the surface, they're the opposite.

She swam away, swam to the nearest shore. She swam to the farthest west of the Cannibal Cove even though the east was the closest shore but there were mermaids. She found herself going under the ships and around them to get to the shore, men were heard screaming from the ship that the mermaids were attacking.

When she got to the shore, she climbed onto the rocks, laid on her belly on the ground for a moment to catch her breath. She pulled herself to sit up, shifted around and watched the pirate ship that was slowly sinking, she wondered about James and Killian. The mermaid that almost drowned Mara said she wasn't a man, she called her a Lost Girl, this hints that the mermaids are only interested in drowning the men and that includes Killian.

"Mara!" James's voice was heard on her left.

She twisted to her left and see James with Killian. "James!" She sprang up and ran to them. She flung her arms around James and his arms were around her as well. There was a rush of relief and comfort between the two, they're both alive, neither of them thought they'd get out of Blackbeard's hands. They were both okay... for now. "How'd did you two—?" She let go but she still held James's hands.

"I didn't do it alone, she got us out—" Killian said, he looked around, moved aside, revealing Tinker Bell which Mara was surprised to see. "I bumped into her in the forest after the encounter we had earlier. She wanted something from me and... when we saw what happened in the beach, and we saw Blackbeard taking you both— of course, I knew you were in danger"

Mara didn't know what to say, except, "Thank you... really. Thank you"

"Well, you're far the greatest friend I've had for a long time—" Killian didn't even looked at her when he said it, there was a hint of embarrassment in his tone as if he was ashamed for admitting.

Mara couldn't help but to give a smile.

Before anyone said anything, there was a sudden explosion from the sea, a ship that the mermaids were attacking had exploded, just one ship while the rest were untouched. Mara doubted that Blackbeard was still on that ship, that man is possibly capable of surviving any situation perhaps.

"Blackbeard must've set it off to draw the mermaids away" Killian knew.

"How did mermaids get there anyway?" Mara asked, "I mean, they never leave the lagoon"

"Pan" Tinker Bell answered, "He sent them to attack. Mermaids can't resist the men and drown them"

"We should get back to Pan and the Lost Boys" James implied.

Mara nodded. She and James made their way to the beach where they were taken from. The Lost Boys should be there. Killian and Tinker Bell followed along.

On their way to the beach, there's a reason why Peter Pan never came to rescue Mara and James from Blackbeard, he had something casted around the ship that drew from Pan and even Tinker Bell, a person with magic can't go through Blackbeard's invisible barrier, so only Killian could go through meanwhile Tinker Bell was waiting for him nearby with a rowboat.

When they arrived the beach, they found the Lost Boys standing by the waters, watching one of the ships in blaze and the fires spreading while the ships around the burning ship had sailed further away from the fires.

Ace was the first who spotted Mara and James. "It's Turner and James!" He informed the boys and he came running to Mara and James before others followed. Despite of Ace's attempts of drawing close to Mara the past months, she let him hug her, and despite of everyone else's behaviours and dislikes they all had for Mara, they were all glad to see her. Like Felix, Nibs, and few others who showed disapproval, but this time, they showed relief.

Curly wasn't smiling when he saw her, he instead hugged her for a long time. This kind of hug felt like a need of comfort and mourning.

"Where's Tootles?" James asked as he broke a hug from Slightly.

Tootles... Mara remembered. She remembered the boy being too close to the explosion. She hoped she was just blind or her sight playing tricks. She hoped the boy was okay... but the silent that the Lost Boys exchanged, and it explains why Curly never smiled.

"No..." Mara's eyes burned with tears. She looked at Curly, who's gaze was on the ground and in a silent mourning. She pulled him into a hug to comfort. As much as she wanted to cry, but she knew how Curly and Tootles were close. Very close and had known each other a lot longer than she had.

Little time had passed.

With the flames still dancing on the sea and men were heard cheering from the ships. They were the sounds of the pirates getting ready for a battle. It's almost time.

Mara knew she had to get ready, but she was sitting her knees beside a life-less body of two Lost Boys. One called Victor who didn't look more than thirteen and the other, Tootles. James had already left to get ready. She had to see Tootles before Peter takes him someplace safe. She didn't take her glistening eyes off of Tootles, her one hand on the boy's forehead. Of course he didn't deserved this, he deserved better. He should be alive, he should be in a place where there's peace where he can have all the laughs, smiles and where he could trip on his own feet without getting hurt and he'll just laugh it off.

She felt terrible for never speaking of that boy, Victor. She had seen him following Felix like a puppy and she remembered Felix being protective over the little boy.

"Mara?" Peter Pan's voice was soft and oddly comforting. He was standing behind her.

She didn't turn around to see him, not that she was angry, she wasn't angry at all but rather felt bad for him. He's not aware of Blackbeard's true plans for Peter. She imagined he had promised Peter something else, a lie covering his true plans. It wasn't the time where she should tell him that she knows. That she knows Blackbeard is his brother. Not now, there wasn't time.

Mara pulled the cover over Tootles's face. Peter has come to take Tootles and Victor someplace safe. She stood up as her glance never left from Tootles's body. She didn't take her eyes away until Peter's hands were on her arms, his forehead placed on the back of her head. She reached for one of his hands before she turned around, her sad eyes fell close as her other hand reached for his neck and her lips found his.

They both didn't care if anyone was around anymore. They didn't worry about getting caught.

Mara felt as if this was their last. Their last touch, their last kiss. She wanted to pretend that this moment was their last, in case if either of them doesn't make it. She dies, he either dies or survives if Blackbeard gets to him.

The kiss was short and bittersweet. She didn't let go of him, her arms wrapped around him neck and her head laid on his shoulder. Peter's arms were around her waist, his head rested on her's, he held onto her almost tightly like he didn't want to let go.

She still didn't want to say anything of what happened or what Blackbeard had said to her.

When they pulled apart, their eyes met and never parted for a moment. She didn't notice a tear streaming down her cheek until Peter gently brushed it off with his thumb.

They had never had this silent moment, they didn't say a word to each other. She did wanted to let him know that she loves him but for some odd reason, something in his look and the way he looked at her hints that he already knows.

Mara knew she had to go, she had to go and get ready. She broke her gaze and walked around him. She went to where the Lost Boys are waiting.

Everything that happened so far, was just a start. Blackbeard blowing up the beach, killing two Lost Boys in the process, abducted Mara and James. Blackbeard tortured James and planned to kill them both in the end but has failed. Pan had the mermaids to attack the ship, Killian saved her and James with Tinker Bell's help. She imagined Blackbeard had lost more during that attack by the mermaids than Pan had lost. All this is just a start and the worst is about to begin.

I'm going to kill Blackbeard, Mara thought, despite that she doesn't know how but she could try. She could die trying. Everything he has done so far, what he is planning, she wasn't planning on letting him to accomplish. I'll kill him. I'll try.

*****

Oh wow... I wonder who lives and who dies? Think Mara will survive? Or James? Or Peter?

Anyway, can you believe it's August already?! I swear 2018 only began like three months ago o_O

Stay weird and enjoy the rest of the summer :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.2K 1.4K 25
(completed) Carrie Rosewood is a young woman, who feels like her life is a total mess. One night she falls asleep only to wake up in Neverland as the...
75.3K 2.8K 23
Ace has enjoyed the last few years in Neverland with the Lost Boys. They could do what they wanted, be reckless and ruthless, and also Peter was ther...
115K 2.1K 27
{Completed} Dani Jones, sister of Killian Jones, otherwise known as Captain Hook, strived for adventure. After convincing her brother to let her come...
269K 7.8K 59
Charlotte had only ever heard she was normal. When she lands on Neverland, it's no exception. She, like many others, is just another lost one. With o...