Chapter Thirty-Six

When morning arrived and the sun rose, the Lost Boys began to wake up. Mara was the one who prepared breakfast, setting up the plates for the boys, Twin One was the first to leave his tent, he showed little surprise when he saw Mara as he was getting breakfast but said nothing. Nibs along Felix came out of their tents, the way they looked was something Mara had never seen from them, she doubted it was sympathetic looks but rather speechless faces.

More and more boys awoke and left their tents to have breakfast, Rufio and Twin Two were the only ones besides her tentmates who had said something to her. "You're awake, finally" said Rufio, "you're looking quite bright today"

Mara smiled in response, "I just feel glad I'm better"

"Good seeing you're normal again" Twin Two said then went to his friends and even Rufio went to his tent.

It was Tootles who saw her first without her noticing him, he had to tell Curly, Slightly and James about her being awake. Tootles was the first to come to her.

"You're awake!" The clumsy boy smiled, "Finally. How are you feeling?"

Mara shrugged, "I feel fine" she half smiled.

Curly, Slightly and James came. The sight of James hit her, remembering what happened, Pan said the poison make you see things, perhaps she and James kissing were all just in her head. It was the poison's work.

"It wasn't that pleasant, wasn't it?" Curly chuckled, "Mad, was it? Everything you saw, all seemed real, right?"

"I'm trying not to think about it, honestly" Mara admitted. The only thing she thought about was James. If she told him about what she saw, he'd laugh about it probably.

"Try Dreamshade" said Tootles, "Surely Dreamshade is worse than Dreamgiver. You die in a very slow and agony death"

"And yet, you're still alive" James stated, Mara handed him a plate of breakfast and he just nodded and smiled weakly as a 'Thank you'.

"Spring water, remember?" Tootles reminded, "I can't ever leave Neverland though, the fountain from Dead Man's Peak has a price, I have to stay here if I want to live"

Mara looked at Tootles, "I never heard of that"

"Loads of things we still haven't told you" Slightly said, his voice sounded different, not so solitary this time but with a bit confidence, "Too many but you'll learn everything someday"

Throughout the breakfast, Curly and Tootles talked about what she missed the past week, what they were all doing, she missed two hunts, two games and three trainings. As soon breakfast was finished, Pan announced today is training.

Mara still wasn't in a good shape to train, she admitted she missed training and she'd like to train right away. On their way to the training grounds, the Lost Boys sang the usual, "Following the Leader" as they do when they go for a stroll. Mara noticed she hasn't talked to James much like they normally do.

"Do they ever get tired of singing this song?" Mara groaned peevishly.

James's head was down, "You'll get used to it" that was all he said.

"You're a bit depressed today" She was looking at him.

She could see him smiling a little, "I'm a bit tired" he replied.

"Didn't get a good sleep?"

"You can say that"

"That's unusual of you" it was true, she always see him fast asleep before she could every night, she'd hear him snoring before she could close her eyes.