Chapter Four

Captain Hook didn't say anything for a moment, Mara was glancing left to right to behind, looking at each boy. They all looked stern and seemingly hatred was thrown at the adults and her.

Mara went through this similar situation before but there were less people and just couple of guards drawing their swords at her when she got caught stealing an orange fruit. This situation, boys drawing their spears, bows, arrows and knives at her was definitely different.

"I did expect that I could speak with you privately" Hook responded.

"Why? You don't want your friends to see you on your knee as you beg for my permission to leave the island?" The boy replied, mocking, taunting or trying to make fun of the captain. Mara couldn't tell. She could hear soft and quiet snickering boys around them.

The pirate looked irritated or infuriated when Mara glanced at him for a second. "Well?" Hook asked, "Unless you're too afraid of me" Mara glanced at her captain, displeased and unamused with his taunt.

The boy, who's called Peter Pan as what Hook said, merely half smirked at the captain with a brow raised. He didn't reply right away but seemingly thinking for a quick moment. "Alright then"

The captain followed the boy but almost reluctantly, he did glimpsed at Mara for a second, giving her sly smile with his brows raised before walking off, leaving her and his companions of pirates behind with the armed boys. When the pirate and the boy left, the other boy who stood at his leader's side gave a slight wave as he gazed at the boys and signaling them to lower their weapons and they did so. The archers lowered their bows and arrows loosened but still intact on their bows and they remained at their spot. The others who had knives and spears still had their weapons in their hands but remained at their tracks.

The silence made Mara stiff but glanced around as she observed at each boy. Some looked younger than her, they looked intense with their stern looks, making Mara tense. She'd look down then gaze back up at the boys again and again. She did noticed that it seemed they were all looking at her. Staring at her as if she was the first girl they had ever seen and as if she was some sort of a new creature to them. She wondered if it was the first time they had seen the girl, or it's been a while they encountered one.

No doubt for that, she thought tensely.

She lowered her eyes, looking at the ground and not wanting to look at them again. She begged for Killian to hurry so she can leave. A shred of her began to feel regret for coming along. She would've got used to being surrounded by men by now after she spent a month on a ship full of pirates. But these were no men on the island, they were boys. Why feeling uncomfortable all of sudden by the boys? Was it the weapons they were drawing? Or was it because these Lost Boys haven't seen a girl for a long time? Both, perhaps?

Some boys did look interested and the rest looked at her as if she were a threat. There were whispering each other, the person next to them as they looked at her and it hinted that they were most likely talking about her.

The silence and the waiting was getting painful for Mara, she wanted to groan or yell in frustration, shout out for Killian to hurry or walk away and head back to the ship. But she was too agitated to do any of those things.

"You're wondering why it's taking long" the boy with a club suddenly broke the silence. He stood in front of her, he had stared at her for quite long before, stared at her with no interest but rather curious and disapproval. "Maybe Pan had finally decided to kill that captain"

Mara furrowed her brows while staring at the tall boy, feeling little worried but more doubtful. She didn't respond, the way he said sounded more of a taunt, she heard that kind of tone and taunt before.