Chapter Fifty

Peter Pan never came to the caves all morning, the Lost Boys woke up almost late and noon was near. The sun was out but still it was cloudy and windy, it was a perfect day for Neverland. Sun peeking and hiding, clouds rolling by and the winds. Breakfast was only fruits, bread, fish and juice.

When Mara woke up, James wasn't awake yet until moments later and their friends, Slightly, Curly and Tootles were seated near where James slept. Neither of them was talking, they just sat quietly, their heads lowered and back against the wall. Mara had never seen the boys looking so miserable.

She went to go sit with them, she sat down beside Tootles. "You boys okay?" She asked.

Neither of them spoke until Curly did, "I'm sure we all are, you?"

"Nightmares rarely scare me" she shrugged lightly.

The boys were slow breaking their fast, Mara was finished her's before her tentmates could. That's when Tootles spoke, "You and James left—" he looked over toward James, "—last night, where'd you two go anyway?" He turned to Mara.

Mara waited for James to answer instead. "We went to see Pan" he set his plate down on the ground and finally finished his breakfast. "We wanted to know why nightmares happened"

"And did you?" Tootles asked.

James didn't reply because he knew what Pan said wasn't entirely true but Mara replied anyway, "We weren't the only ones, you know. Everyone else had one too. I don't think Pan has any idea why as well"

Slightly scoffed, "Sure he don't" he dropped his plate and his plate was half finished.

Either he knows she isn't truthful or he knows Pan is the one who wasn't being truthful. Slightly has known Pan for a very long time and he is one of the first Lost Boys that Pan had found. Long enough for Slightly to know when Pan is lying and honest.

"Seems like you know Pan" Mara presumed, "—which of course, you do since you're one of the first Lost Boys. What do you know?"

Slightly said nothing for a moment, he sighed, "Everyone knows, alright? Even the Natives know, the fairy too. Why shouldn't the girl know too?"

James, Tootles and Curly turned their heads quickly at Slightly as if telling him to stay quiet. Mara asked "Know what?"

Slightly flinched, Mara saw that Curly pinched him under his arm. "This is stupid." Slightly uttered and looked at the boys. "We all think it's the damn prophecy"

Mara paused for a moment, "Pan mentioned it—" Pan said it last night, "—didn't really say exactly what"

Slightly sighed, "The prophecy is that magic in Neverland is dying because of a curse" his voice was soft. "There are signs that the prophecy is coming true. Nightmares are one of the signs. So far, two signs had come..." that's where he stopped.

Mara wanted to know more, she glanced around and there were boys nearby, all listening, none of them looked shocked or worried which tells her that they're all aware of the prophecy. She then scooted to the front and made her place in front of her tentmates, "Two signs came already? Nightmares was one, and what was the other?"

Slightly then looked at Curly, at James, all four of them hesitant to say. "Well—" James muttered, looked at Mara with a worried look, "—first sign was... you"

Mara gaped her mouth a little in shock and confused. "Me?"

"A girl who is lost will become the first Lost Girl—" James went on, "—Nightmares will consumed all over Neverland and will haunt every person on the island in one night... then darkness, the sun will stop rising and lastly, everything and everyone will begin to grow"