Chapter Thirty

Mara remembered what happened last night, from the first sip to sleep, despite all the dizziness, the blur and the entire world spinning around. There were times she felt like she was flying. It was different from being drunk, she felt free, no stress, no worries, she forgot everything around her, the happiness and the fun was all she felt.

She was dancing in full confidence with James, with Slightly, with Tootles, with Curly, all of them, around in circles, around the bonfire. She howled with the boys. Before she slept, she spoke with Pan a bit and in the end, she told him if he could stay with her.

When Mara woke up, slowly, on the ground and saw some boys sleeping on the ground around camp. Then she saw Pan, sitting near her, by the tree and observing the woods.

"Did you actually stay there all night?" She asked and she wanted to chuckle but still feeling too sleepy.

Pan looked over her, showing no expression, "You wanted me to"

"You could've just... went for a walk" she had her elbows on the ground then slowly sat up, "go to wherever you go all night. You know I wasn't myself last night" she felt no headache or nausea or something she'd suppose to feel but Curly was right. She felt nothing, no horrible feeling at all and everything had worn off.

"I was aware of that" Pan tossed a stone into the woods, "had no plans and nowhere else to go to"

James wasn't in sight, but there was Curly and Tootles sleeping near each other at their usual spot. She guessed James and Slightly are in the tent. "What kind of poison did I drank last night?" She pulled a leaf off her hair while she was brushing her hair with her fingers.

Pan merely chuckled, "Just some odd berries, that's all"

"Hmm" She nodded weakly, she slowly got on her feet, not feeling light headed or anything, she felt wide awake.

One of the boys was stirring and is about to wake up. "Time to get some breakfast ready" Pan stood up, "Oh, there are new garments in your tent if you need to change"

Pan walked away before she could thank him, but she was reluctant for some reason. Instead she went into her tent and found James and Slightly sleeping on their hammocks. Garbs were piled and folded on the table in the middle of the tent, she found one set of garbs from the pile which hinted that it could be her's. She took a look at them and they did look they were her's. She hasn't changed her garments for a while, not since in the Jolly Roger when slipped on a pirate's vomit while she was cleaning and Hook managed to find extra garments for her size but were boys' clothing.

Mara hung a blanket in the corner of her tent to make a curtain where she can change. Just moments after she was done, James woke up and not long before Slightly did as well.

Morning grew late when every boy woke up and were ready for the day. Mara was ready long before they did, she already had breakfast and had finished her's first. Once everyone were ready, that's when Pan announced "Alright boys...and girl, today we're heading to the training grounds"

Training, Mara swallowed a groan. This is her third time and will be the third round to fight Thomas. When Pan glanced at Mara and had spotted her frown look, he smirked as if he knew what she was thinking.

At the training, it was the same as usual, even she practiced fighting with Slightly then Curly who didn't go easy on her but she didn't mind. He did gave her a big bruise on her arm which was the size of an apple.  Every hit and every cut she took, the more she was used to the pain. She was still processing in archery including with crossbow and throwing daggers. Once she and her group jogged around the camp for a few miles, it was actually difficult because of all the trenches they had to jump over, and over the big logs.