Chapter Seven

Captain Hook didn't respond after hearing Mara's decision. His expression was unreadable, he was rather expressionless as he stared at her. No movement made from him and not even a little reaction.

"Don't look so shocked" Mara decided to respond to avoid the silence, her response was ironic.

"A little but mostly surprised because I thought you would take the bean yourself"

Mara cocked her head while staring at him, "You take me as a selfish person, Killian?"

"Just wondering why refusing to take something that you wanted the most but instead you want to let a bunch of careless pirates to leave without any harm"

Mara hesitated, placed her arm on the table as she stared at the floor. "It seems the right thing to do I suppose" she shrugged, "you're all going to get killed anyway, is it better that way than me staying behind to become a Lost Child?"

Again, Hook didn't respond for a moment. The silence, his speechlessness and his slight frown look hinted that he knew she was right. Mara still wondered what he was thinking, she doubted he was concerned, why would he concerned for her when they barely know each other despite they're friends?

In the next hour, it was all settled, decision have been made by Mara. She chose to stay in Neverland. Killian did not argue against it nor persuade her, she wasn't surprised at all. Perhaps he was a bit eager to get out of Neverland and get it over with.

Most of the time, she was thinking of how things will turn out in Neverland, her being in an isolated island where time stands still with dozens of boys. She imagined herself being some sort of a toy they could play with as in torture. Her thoughts nearly terrified her but it did not changed her mind at all despite she was thinking about changing her choice. Maybe she won't last a year or a month... maybe a week.

Mara could not contain her anxiousness as the pirates readied the boat, she could feel one of her legs slightly trembling as her breath. Don't fret now, she told herself.

She climbed down the ladder once Hook signaled her to get on the boat. This time, he was accompanied by only two pirates and herself. Mara and the pirates were on their way back to the island to meet Peter Pan and make a trade. Of course, she was already scared, but not scared enough that she wanted to go back.

She wondered how long she will be in Neverland, or how long she'd last. She did had hopes, hopes of getting out of it unharmed or maybe harmed, go back to the Enchanted Forest with scars and bruises or no scars and bruises.

Maybe she'll die instead, from getting murdered in her sleep or starvation. Maybe from an accident, or get killed by the boys.

She didn't pay attention to Killian or any of the other two on the boat as they rowed toward the island. Her thoughts went to Pan, what he had said and wondered what he said was true about giving her something what she desired. What she used to desire. A family. What family? Did he meant the Lost Boys? Mara furrowed her brows by the thought.

"You nervous?" Killian asked her as they were approaching the shore.

"Hmm?" she shifted her gaze to her left at him. She did heard him what he asked.

"Are you nervous?" he repeated and a little slower this time.

Instead of being honest, she replied, "Should I be?" Of course she was nervous, she just didn't want to show she was and they might think she was terrified.

"I think if I were you, I'd be nervous for sure"

Mara's right side lip lifted, smirked at him then return her gaze toward the waters on her right and her smirk instantly disappeared.