Chapter Sixty-One

"What?" Mara uttered under her breath as she stared at the man in confusion. "You're going to save Peter?"

Blackbeard stood up, "You've heard right, Mara" he affirmed.

"Why?" It was the first question she wondered. All this time, the Lost Boys have thought Blackbeard was here to take over Neverland and have it all to himself, but they were wrong. Did Peter knew this? "Why do you want to destroy Neverland?"

Blackbeard looked up for a moment as he breathed in before glancing down at Mara. "Because... I know this place means so much to Peter. I'm going to save him because I'm going to make him watch this place burn into ashes, and let him live the rest of his life knowing that he had failed"

"You're only saving him just to torment him" Mara responded coldly, was there a second that she thought this man actually cared his own brother? There was in fact a moment there she thought. She never realized how this man was this vile. Does Peter know about this? Does he know what Blackbeard is really planning? Does he know that he's here to burn Neverland? She needs to warn Peter. "Does he know? Does Peter know that you're destroying Neverland?"

"Of course not, Mara—" Blackbeard approached Mara, pulled out a dagger, the girl fidgeted when the man came at her with a dagger, but instead he was cutting off the ropes that were tying her wrists against the chair's arms. "And you... if what you say is true about you saving Peter, I believe I can't risk of letting you live from now on"

"What?" Mara gasped. Blackbeard grabbed her arm, forcing her to get up and began to push her to the door.

"No!" James yelled as he watched Blackbeard pushing and pulling the girl out of the room. "Blackbeard! Don't do this!"

"Don't worry, James. You'll be right behind her" Blackbeard closed the door behind him. Mara stood in froze for a moment until she was pushed again to move forward. They were in a lower floor, a large space in the lower floor with dozens of similar barrels. "Go. Straight ahead" Blackbeard urged her to move forward and she did so.

Mara walked ahead, there were more men, maybe a dozen of them, all of them seemingly preparing for a fight. Blackbeard told her to climb up the stairs and she did. More pirates were above, all of them armed and wielding various weapons. Mara had not forget about the other ships, she thought of the numbers they have, do numbers matter? Do these men really stand the chance of conquering the land against the Natives and the Lost Boys? Still she was afraid that Blackbeard might win.

Her hands were grabbed from behind by Blackbeard and pulled them behind her. He began tying her hands together behind her back. She winced by the roughness as her shoulders felt they were being twisted. "Send to her to the plank" Blackbeard pushed the girl forward and she bumped into another pirate.

She glanced up at the pirate, she wasn't sure if she should be relieved or worried when this pirate is Hook. "Killi—"

"Be quiet, girl!" Killian hissed. Mara was almost confused by Killian's sudden rudeness, but she quickly remembered that Blackbeard have no knowledge of Mara and Killian's acquaintance. The pirate turned the girl around toward the edge of the ship. There was a gap between the railings, a long plank connected on the edge of the floor of the ship. "I hope you're a good swimmer" Killian spoke softly close to Mara's ear. The pirate inserted a small dagger into Mara's sleeve. "I'll get James out"

Mara, feeling a sudden relief, feeling glad that Killian is helping her and James. She thought he had left already, or decided he had gone to Blackbeard's side, she never thought he was this kind to her.

"Now, walk the plank, girl!" Hook acted as he were enjoying it as he pushed toward the plank harshly.

Mara felt the dagger in her sleeves against her skin in her left arm. Before she stepped onto the plank, she glanced back, sees the pirates watching her and shouting at her to go. There was Blackbeard approaching to the railing and rested his hands on the railing, he smiled at her. Over his shoulder, she could see Killian slowly stepping backward toward the cellar. She hoped he gets James, and perhaps she could take her time on the plank. Walk very slowly to the end of the plank to distract Blackbeard while Killian gets James.