Chapter Forty-Six

Mara wondered if she'll ever fight Thomas again, she had come to realization that all those fights had been actually quite fun, it was awful at first, she got used to it then it turned to fun.

What was also amazing was that before they all left the training grounds, Thomas approached her, he reach his hand out for her which she reluctantly took and he just shook. She had realized that she got his respect. Thomas, the fiercest Lost Boy in Neverland had given her his respect and she had never felt so good about anything.

After all the fights, she had lost count how many times it's been, all the bruises the young boy gave her and all the blood she shed. It had taken her over a month to beat him. Thanks to Pan for all the training he had given her, especially Curly, Slightly, Tootles and James. Mara saw James smiling for her like he was proud of her, she was glad for that.

At the caves, nothing much was going on, they had supper, "If it wasn't raining and we're back the camp—" said Curly, "we'd be celebrating for your accomplishment by now and have that juice"

"I could have one right now" Mara chuckled. Last time she had that strange juice was little over week ago, before the storm season began.

"Hey, Turner!" One of the boys called from in back of the cave and it was Ace. She saw the Twins, Rufio, Tootles and other couple more boys. "Come here for a minute"

"Bet he'll give you a smooch as congratulations" Curly scoffed, Mara stood up. "You know, it'll be the last thing he'll ever do"

Mara laughed softly then approached Ace and the boys. They were all standing few feet from the wall where the markings and names were carved on. Ace had a knife in his hand. "Alright, Turner, I think it's time that you should put your name up there" he held out a knife toward her. "You've finally became a true Lost Boy"

"Girl" Rufio cleared his through.

She always had been, and even long before she found Neverland. Or Neverland found her. She took the knife and stood in front of the wall, glanced up at the names and wonder where she should put her's. There were two bigger words that stood above every names and those bigger words were "LOST BOYS". She wanted to put her name beside James's, but she put it just under his name with big space between them.

Instead of carving in her name Mara, she put TURNER instead because Turner sounded it fit in with all of those boys' names. She carved and carved for a long time until her name was clear as the rest of the boys' names.

"It looks complete now" said Rufio.

"Yeah but... why Turner, and not Arsling?" Curly sounded disappointed but she knew he was joking.

"Piss off" Mara frowned at him.

When night fell, the caves grew silent when the boys settled and prepare to sleep for the night. Some boys were already snoring and the rest were talking to one another in low voices. The bonfire in the cave was slowly burning out. She was sitting with Tootles, both leaning back against the wall as they were waiting to get tired out meanwhile Curly was already snoring near them. Slightly and James were in the other cave with the other half of the Lost Boys.

"So, are you going to decide to stay in Neverland?" Tootles asked in a low voice.

Mara forgot that she'll have to choose whether she'll stay or not. Neverland had grown on her, she grown fond to the place, even the boys, she had friends here too. She had no one else out there but here in Neverland. She grown to admire the Lost Boys, grown that they have all become brothers to her despite some of them still don't like her. She even grown to love and care Tootles and Curly and Slightly. Even James. If she were to leave, it would hurt to leave them.