Chapter Thirty-Four

She yelped sharply as she twist around and fell on her knees. Grasped her arm, she felt the arrow sticking out the back of arm between her fingers and she began to bleed a lot and her warm blood ran down to her hand.

"Rufio?" Twin blurted.

"I know!" Rufio was already crouching down beside Mara, he grabbed her arm, took a quick look at it as she gasped in pain. "A lot of blood, the arrow must've hit the artery, if I pull the arrow out, you're going to bleed loads, you'll lose a lot, you'll fall into unconsciousness or die if I don't stop the bleeding quickly"

"Do what you think you must do" She winced.

"The boy is gone" Twin said, "He ran off. What do you think is gonna happen?"

"That doesn't matter for now" Rufio stood up, "We need Pan, we need to get her back to the camp because the med stuff are back in my tent"

Just within seconds, Pan's voice rang behind Mara, "What's going on?"

"Some lil savage kid shot her" Twin replied quickly.

"It appeared that it was an accident" Rufio corrected, "It was Niibin, he was trying to shoot the deer but it moved and the arrow landed on her. It was accident!"

Mara had a hard time to think and tried to recall what happened. All she wanted was for someone to help her, take the arrow out, stop the bleeding and be done.

"You need to take us back to the camp so I can tend the wound" Rufio demanded.

Not right away Pan responded, he took the three to the camp and were there in a second. Rufio helped Mara to get to his tent while Pan and Twin stayed outside to talk.

In the tent, Mara was on a table while Rufio was making around the tent, checking little drawers on the shelves and finding one thing in each shelf he needed. He pulled out some sort of a cutter, "Okay, I'm going to cut the arrow in half, from the back, I'm going to pull the arrow forward until the back in your arm. I can't pull it out now, because it's a risk of you bleeding out" Mara could barely understand the boy, her arm was in pain, so she just nodded in agreement. "Okay, it's going to hurt, you know. Of course, you know"

The boy moved behind her, first he cut off the sleeve up near the shoulder, to get the wound more exposed and see it better.

"This is going to sting" he had the cutter biting on the arrow and Mara could feel it moving. It hurt even when it was only the slightest. The arrow was trembling making the arrow hurting her arm more before there was a sudden thick snap and the arrow had been cut in half. "Now, I'm going to pull the arrow frontward a little"

She just nodded again, she grasped onto the edge of the table just by her elbows. Rufio had his hand on her arm and another gripping on the arrow and prepare to pull. Mara breathed in deeply and held it in.

Then there was a slow, burning, pain as the arrow was slowly being pulled forward and it was just couple inches forward. She could feel the air in the back of her wound sneaking into her flesh. "I'm going to stitch the back now"

Something strange begin to happen to Mara, she wasn't sure if she was fainting, the world was spinning slowly, the ground was slowly going down, the hammocks, the tables and shelves were moving away frontward. Like the tent was growing larger. Rufio was already stitching the wound and all she felt was a slight sting and ache. "There's something... wrong" Mara's head was titling, she looked down and it looked like she was twenty feet up from the ground and the dirt on the ground was moving. Like there was thousands and thousands of dirt bugs swarming down there. "Something's wrong" she said it fast this time, "something's not right"