Chapter Forty-Four

When evening arrived, every Lost Boys were in the caves, those who were hunting were last to come in and by evening, everyone were done, famished and exhausted. So was Mara, her shoulders ached from carrying the basket that was full of garments, from the Natives territory to the caves and they took breaks on the way while they were getting weak and woozy.

She shivered from the cold too, it was raining most of the time while travelling back, her garbs all wet and cold. When she found the recent made and dry garments from one of the baskets, she left the cave and went to the other one where she trains by Pan. The training cave was a bit far and there was little climbing to do, she reached the cave after fifteen minutes, the cave was empty and dark so she changed.

The new garments were similar as the ones she wore all the time. All brown and grey. The rain worsen before she could go back to the caves, it was pouring and she didn't want to get out because the rocks and the grounds would be slippery and risky. The slopes would become rivers. She frowned as she glanced outside. She began to hate this rain season.

Mara was stuck in a cave alone, she sat down on a stone near the entrance and waited for the rain to stop or slow down. While she was waiting, she took out the necklace with a tiny vile of Pixie Dust in it, she held it up to look closely, the dust never glows, she had tried twice to believe and it didn't work. She tried to believe that there was an apple at her feet, a plate of food, a drink but it didn't work and the dust didn't glow.

The way Pan does made it so simple, but he has been around for a very long time, long enough to make magic so simple for him. She often wonders why the Lost Boys never tried, like Slightly who was one of the first Lost Boys, how come he doesn't get his own Pixie Dust? She never told any of the Lost Boys about getting her own Pixie Dust that was given by Pan, she wanted to show it to Curly, to Slightly and to Tootles but she felt that this was only between her and Pan. Just like those nights where he takes her anywhere in Neverland and the strange forming friendship they have.

"I was wondering where you've went" a voice appeared down the tunnel, she almost jumped off her seat but dropped the vile. There was Pan coming from the end of the cave. She hated it when he does that, appearing out of no where and disappearing on her the second she looks away.

She sighed peevishly as she glanced at him, "What's wrong with the entrance?" She waved weakly toward the entrance.

He raised his brows as he eyed outside before looking at her again, "Don't want to get wet from the rain"

"You can't believe in the rain to stop?" She said derisively.

Pan's expression changed into a strange look like she was stupid, "Can't. Wouldn't work even if I try" he stepped toward the entrance and stopped inches from the rain, "It would work but only if enough people believe. Unfortunately, only very few people on this island believe"

"Like Tiger Lily" She remembered when the girl held the jar of Pixie Dust and it glowed.

Pan nodded.

She was curious about the girl, "You two were once friends" Mara could tell, if only two people on this island believe, Pan could've taught Lily how to believe... or Lily taught her since she's possibly older than Pan. But the Pixie Dust comes from Tinker Bell, she makes the dust for him and the natives.

"Is it obvious?" Pan crossed his arms.

Mara took that answer as a yes, she merely shrugged in response, she recalled what Curly said about the girl once, how they gave the girl a nickname Princess Lily and Pan was the one who started it. Mara somehow began to think that Pan and Lily were somehow... involved with each other before? "What happened between you and Tiger Lily? What made you two stopped being friends?"