Chapter Fifty-Seven

Fear fell on Mara like torrent of rain, it wasn't Blackbeard she feared of but for the Lost Boys and for Peter Pan. She feared for his life and her friends' lives.

This wasn't a dream, this is truly happening. Blackbeard has come for Neverland, he has come to save it but first, he has to wipe every person on the island out of it. With Blackbeard's arrival, for some odd reason, she felt some sort of a darkness swarming across Neverland, like a disease, as if Blackbeard were a pestilence that's going to plague the entire island.

The ships have stopped, right in the middle of the cove, no sounds of any canon blasting, it was only once, perhaps that was only them to announce their arrival. It was all silent at that moment, there were sounds of waves crashing, the winds howling and the leafs dancing behind the Lost Children.

"What happens now?" One of the boys asked, Mara's head turn to the boys, it was one of the twins who spoke. "What are they waiting for?"

Peter didn't respond, his gaze still attached on the ship, as if he was disbelieved that this was actually happening. Mara wondered the same thing as Twin One. "Pan?" She uttered. With her voice, that made Peter to gaze away from the ship and turned around to look at the boys and Mara.

He looked at each of every faces looking at him before shifting his gaze over his shoulders and looked at the ships again. "I suppose Blackbeard is gonna want to speak with me first before anything happens. For now, we need to remain calm—" he gazed forward and looked at the boys. "Remember what we prepared for, most of us had many years to prepare. Some of you may didn't have enough time to prepare, I can't promise that everything will be okay, I can't promise you that you will ever see the sun again... all you have to do is to hope, and to believe"

That fear that was with Mara, grew more, not only fear for Peter and the boys, but also for herself. I can't promise you that you will ever see the sun again. That was something that she realized, she wondered if she'll ever see the sun again. Even if they win, and she won't survive the war, she won't see the sun again. She'll die in the night.

Peter was looking across the cove again, something was going on in one of the ships, something was moving ahead, a row boat, a row boat was coming to the shore. "He's coming, I assume he just wants to talk first" Peter said, he turned around again, his gaze was turning from the left to the right until finding Mara. "James, Turner—" he called.

James and Mara both looked at Peter and they both approached him.

As they were close to him, he began to speak softly, "I don't know if the Natives are aware but I'm gonna need you two to go their camp and tell them. Tell them that it's time, they'll know what to do"

Mara's brows furrowed, she stared at Peter, he had this concerning look on his face, like he was almost scared. She wanted to stay with him, James would able to go to the Native's Camp all by himself, and Peter knows that. Perhaps it's for Mara's safety? Or he didn't want Blackbeard to know about Mara? Despite wanting to stay, Mara nodded and decided to go with James. For some strange reason, she kind of wanted to meet Blackbeard and curious to see him but at the same time, no.

When she and James were leaving, Mara looked back before she went into the forest, on the lake, she was a row boat coming close, with few torches being held up high. Mara then left and followed James.

As Mara and James were walking through the forest, it was dark, James had to make a torch before they proceeded. The boy was walking quick as if hurrying. He hasn't said a word since the canon blasted. It did hit Mara when she remembered James's past with Blackbeard, what he did to the boy. Poor James must be terrified, too terrified to see Blackbeard again and maybe that's why Peter sent him off as well? Well, she imagined that.