Chapter Forty-Three

Mara couldn't help to glance around, she was both scared and curious. She'd look at one of the Natives that was guiding them to the camp, they weren't drawing their weapons at them as if she and the boys weren't any threat. They lead them further and further into the woods, Mara wasn't sure how big the Native's territory is, when she saw it from up the mountain, they don't have most of Neverland.

Mara thought once that they should have most of Neverland because she remembered that they've been here longer than Peter Pan. She wondered how he could win most of the land.

She could smell something burning ahead, like cooked meat, there was also a strange scent that she couldn't tell what it is. Nothing she ever smelt before. The smell wasn't terrible at all, there was something nice in it.

There was a small trail they were walking on, a trail of dirt and on the sides were all green like they haven't been touched for years. Every time she walked too slow, Curly would give her a slight push while she was in a bit of daze as she glanced around the nature around them. Everything looked bright, nice and more pretty in the territory.

They were near, Mara was able to hear more people ahead, she heard children too, children laughing and shouting. The scent from the camp was getting strong, not that it bothered at all, she loved it.

As they entered the camp, Mara was surprised to see the camp, all wide open, about twenty or more teepees and tents around, on the grounds, even there were up the hills. Up the hills were rocks and cliffs surrounding the camp left and right. On those cliffs and rocks were markings and paints of strange symbols and pictures. There were caves up there as well. Ahead was a view of the ocean. There were couple of fireplaces around and there was a large one in the middle of the camp where she once saw them dancing around and played music, she watched them from above with Pan like a month ago.

She was surprised to see men, women and children, the youngest and smallest she saw couldn't be no more than seven. But to wonder about that child that never grows all those years saddened Mara. These men, women and children had stopped what they were doing, they all stared onto her and the boys, it was all silent. Only the wind blowing the trees can be heard and fainted whispers from the people.

They were being guided to the largest teepee of the camp, the teepee was around twenty feet tall. The elder boy, Hawk was the one who guided them inside the teepee while the rest stayed outside and the Lost children followed the native boy.

Inside, was couple of people, four who were adults, two men and two women, six who were around the Lost Boys' ages, two girls and four boys. One girl Mara recognizes as Tiger Lily, standing behind a man and a woman who Mara guessed they might be the parents because Lily resembled the woman's looks.

Her parents were sitting on a log, the man spoke up like an order and the other two responded by leaving the teepee followed by four native teens. A woman, a man, a girl and a boy were the only ones inside. Mara assumed they were a family. A mother, a father, a son and a daughter. The Chief who is Tiger Lily's father began to speak. Mara couldn't tell how many words he was speaking but it sounded like he was questioning.

James responded and spoke their language. The language sounded so complicated, Mara wished she could learn, though she had an opportunity to learn while she and James were friends.

The Chief looked stern, the way he looked made him intimidating, Curly and Tootles were barely looking at the Chief. He wore only pants, red and black painting on his body and face. The only people that didn't have any paintings on their faces were Tiger Lily and the mother. The mother looked to be around in her forties, her black hair long that reached her lap even when she was sitting up straight, she had a feather on the side of her hair. Her daughter was whispering to her ear while James and the Chief were talking, Tiger Lily's eyes were gazing at Mara while she was whispering. Was she whispering about her?