Chapter Fifty-Three

Elsewhere in Neverland was Peter Pan standing on the edge of the cliff where he can see the sunrise. The sun still rises, it was a good thing, ever since the nightmares, Pan stands on the same spot to await the night to fade and day to light the sky. When the first light is sighted, that's when Pan leaves the spot.

One of these mornings, will turn to never-ending night. Time will move for the first time in history of Neverland. Time moves, everyone and everything will begin to grow. War will come, war will approach to Neverland. A man who was once a Boy Who Wouldn't Grow will come back and restore Neverland then he will wipe out everyone that are living in Neverland.

Peter Pan wasn't sure if he'll survive and live to see if he and the Lost Boys win the battle. He wasn't sure if the Lost Boys will win, he wasn't sure if the Natives will survive.

The sun rose in the early morning, the birds sang, the Lost Boys slept in a little more longer, meanwhile Mara, James, Curly and Tootles still slept and Slightly was making arrows while watching over Shadow and Lady.

Not long before Tootles woke up, woke up to see the blue sky above with tallest trees standing around him. He smiled because it was day, because the sun has risen. It was another normal and peaceful day in Neverland.

Before noon, when everyone broke their fast in the Camp, Pan announced today was training day. There had been a lot of training nowadays since the nightmares, the Lost Boys and Mara all have been training more nearly every day and also playing the hunting games. It's as if Pan is pushing them all to train much harder than before. As if he was preparing them for a war which he was and a battle was near.

Training was different, Pan decided to get the best fighters like Felix, Curly, Thomas, Nibs, and the Twins to train few others and fight them one at a time. Mara finds herself fighting Curly, Thomas and James at times, the good fighter would instruct them how to handle a sword or a spear better, how to disarm the foe's weapon.

Training went on for hours, they wouldn't stop until their bones begin to ache and stiff

"He's getting us prepared more and more" Curly said, talking about Pan as they were walking back to the camp. "As if a big battle is getting close"

No one responded to that, Mara was too tired to say something and seems like the rest were exhausted as well. Too exhausted to start a conversation or sing a song like they used to. They just wanted to walk to the camp and rest and have supper.

Mara rubbed the small bruise on her temple where Thomas had smack her with his spear while they were training and almost knocked her out.

During supper, it was almost quiet, there were murmurs and chatting from the Lost Boys. There wasn't much to speak about besides the training and what comes tomorrow. Mara had talked to James, Tootles and Curly most of the evening meanwhile Pan was absent. He's been spending less in the camp these days and would only come to bring food, to announce what they'll be doing for the day and would check on them time to time while the Lost Boys are sleeping for the night.

Tootles was just speaking about Pan and how he wasn't around much like he used to. Mara replied, "I think he's concerned"

"About what?"

Mara shrugged, "About Neverland, I suppose"

It was almost the truth, Mara may have seen him, as if she knows what he's thinking. There have been a lot of nights the past month where she leaves her tent, she would find Pan sitting by the campfire and sometimes he isn't there but would come and find her awake eventually. They talk a lot, Pan talks a lot and the more they do, the more they know each other. Like she knows what he's thinking, like she knows what he's going to say and what's going to do.