Chapter Fifty-Five

It is strange to wake up in the night, to play and hunt at night, darkness was endless in Neverland for the past week, the darkness made everything difficult for everyone, to unable to see what they hunt.

Mara still awaits for the sunrise every morning, hoping to awake to daylight when she opens her eyes, to see the shadows of trees and leafs dancing on the sheets of the tent. Every morning, she is still tired, the Lost Boys are too tired to wake up as well, they all find themselves awake an hour or two late. The night confuses them all too, they don't know if it's whether night, morning, or noon. They don't know when they should have lunch or supper. But it is Peter Pan who tells them the time.

The torches and the bonfires keep going every night and day, the night somehow changes every mood of single person. Mara finds herself sullen and frustrated all the time. The Lost Boys were a lot moody nowadays. The Natives across the island seem doing well, they weren't heard from the camp, the Lost Boys and Mara would hear them sometimes, the faint drumming, the singing cries and shouts. They seem to be doing well than the Lost children.

Everyone missed the sun.

When the noon arrived, Mara was in the camp with her tentmates and another group while the rest were still hunting or collecting ingredients from all over the island.

"I'm bloody cold" Curly grunted as he pulled out a fresh cloak from the basket. "It feels like winter is near. It would be gnarly if it does come. Freeze our arses off, we'd probably be dead before spring even comes"

"Winter never comes" Slightly said, "We're quite far from where winter is. Maybe it's winter season already but it's high unlikely it'll come here"

"Well if we have Lost Girls in Neverland, or nightmares or the sun gone, why not snow?"

"You think too much" Slightly rolled his eyes.

"And whine too much" James muttered under his breath, sitting near Mara and only she heard what he said.

She and her tentmates had just walked from Tinker Bell's camp to get more dust then left with Ace's group to the Native's camp to exchange. While they were in the camp, Mara wondered about the children there, if they grow up, but of course no one grows up in Neverland so her question is if those children have been like that since the beginning.

Pan once told her that he knows nothing about the Native's history, all he knew is that they've been here longer than anyone else. It almost surprised Mara that Pan barely knows Native's history. He should know everything, should he?

Mara grabbed some water from one of the tables then sat down by the tree trunk. She pour some on her hands that were blistered from carrying the heavy baskets all the way from the Native's camp. She could tell the Natives were getting peevish for being too early, their old garments were getting dirty from playing the games and that's why they needed fresh garments.

"It's better to wet a cloth then put it on your hands" James told Mara, "keeps cooling your blisters"

"Right" Mara murmured. She did what James told her.

With Pan being absent again, the Lost Boys had nothing to do throughout the day besides taking strolls and do whatever they like. Pan has been different lately as well, he has been quite sullen and unusual. He doesn't smile much and mostly had a stern look on his face.

The Lost Boys lost track of time if evening had passed or night has arrived. It seems that time didn't truly matter, it was constantly night, it's not morning or noon or evening anymore and they could just pick any time to call it a day and rest. When Felix said he was going to sleep, the Lost Boys followed.