Chapter Thirty-Seven

Mara did took a rest long after James left to go to the falls with the boys. She had a dreamless sleep, and it was already nightfall when she woke up. The boys were already preparing to sleep.

"Good morning, arseling!" Curly smiled as he walked by her, "You slept through the rest of the day, what time did you wake up?"

Mara sat up slowly, moved her feet to the ground and rubbed her eyes. She merely shrugged in response. "Is it bed time now?"

"Duh!" Curly laughed, kicked his boots off and were thrown over Slightly's hammock. "You can go back sleep"

"I don't think I can" she doubted, she glanced toward the entranceway of the way and saw James coming in. He halted for a second when he saw her looking at him, its like for a moment there, he was about to turn back and head back out but instead, he just walked by her and went to his hammock without saying a word. She did wait for him to say something, so instead she did only because she wanted to see if he was acting the way he did today "Good morning"

"Uh...yeah, how was your resting?" James asked and not looking at her as he sat down. It told her enough that he wasn't himself.

"Terrific" she muttered, she put on her boots. Still, she hated the way he's been acting all day. "Well, have a good night" she stood up and left the tent.

Tootles and Slightly were just outside by the tent and they were both heading inside. "Ah, good night, Mara" Tootles smiled and followed Slightly into the tent.

"Have good dreams" she said to them.

There were still some of the Lost Boys around the camp, they were all about to settle for the night, everyone expect her and Pan was nowhere to be seen. She was famished and thirsty. There were plenty of leftovers from the supper they had this evening and grabbed a plate for herself.

Food was cold but good. Just moments after she finished eating, the camp was empty and all the boys were in their tents and ready to sleep. The light from her tent had already been lit out.

What should she do tonight until day breaks? Everyone but her and Pan will be asleep. Perhaps they'll spend at the beach. Or Moonsea which is the name she came up with. She never told Pan the name yet because she thought he wouldn't like it so she lied that she couldn't think of one.

"It's past your bedtime, you know?" Pan's voice rang behind her, he walked around her and took a seat on Slightly's spot. She never heard him coming into the camp.

She scoffed, "I need to fix my sleeping pattern"

"I can help you with that" Pan offered.

"You going puff some magic fairy dust to put me to sleep?" She replied sarcastically.

"That's the first option" he smiled a bit, his arms rested on his knees. "Speaking of, I ran out of those"

Mara got a little eager to know about it, "What do you use fairy dust for anyway?" She asked.

Pan eyed at the ground, taking a little moment before answering her question, "Mostly for flying, I like to fly"

"You can fly?" Did she ever learn that he could fly? She couldn't recall if James or anyone ever told her.

He gave a nod and a smile, "You might too"

Mara raised her brows, rather confused, she half laughed "What?"

"It depends whether or not you believe"

She expressed a confused look. Taking a moment to think and understand. "I have to believe in flying?"