Chapter Three

Disbelieved was she felt and a bit of confusion. The boy she encountered just moments ago was the one that Captain Hook was looking for, what was a boy doing out here all by himself? Was he alone? But Mara remembered Hook mentioned 'inhabitants' so there were more than just one boy. Why does the pirate is looking for just one boy she saw earlier?

She grew more tense as the light slowly decreased, but Mara knew it wasn't the sun setting because it was still hours away until night comes. They were just going further into the dark jungle, it's like there were millions of tall trees and leafs standing over the group and blocked the sun. As if the moon shaded the jungle or an eclipse occurred.

"Who is he?" Mara was behind Hook as they continually search for the boy. "The boy I saw, who is he?"

The pirate didn't answer the girl's question right away and took a moment before replying, "His name is Peter Pan and he's in charge of this whole island"

"He's a bloody boy, how can he be the--King of this whole damn place?" Mara was confused, the looks of the boy she saw seemed to be around her age. Mara was a poor peasant who begs for jobs, shelter and coins and this boy has this entire island where nobody grows old.

The pirate chuckled lightly, "I'm sure you think he's some piss-poor, innocent and harmless boy to you but believe me, Peter Pan is a treacherous little demon that you do not want come cross with"

"And here you are, about to come cross with a treacherous little demon boy" Mara responded ironically. The captain chuckled again. "Is he really that bad?"

"You have no idea"

"Should I be worried?" Mara wondered.

"No" He answered then met her gaze with little smirk formed on his face, "You should be terrified"

Mara scoffed, "I'm not scared"

"Well you're a fool then and less brave" He commented. She wasn't sure if he was making fun of her or if he was serious.

"If you're not scared then I shouldn't be" Mara mentioned. "You went through this before and you're still breathing so there's a chance"

"Luck, sweetheart. But I wouldn't keep my hopes too high, darling. Try not to spoil us all with your hopes"

She wasn't really hoping she would make it out of Neverland nor thinks she wouldn't. What other things she would worry about other than the boy she saw?

There was a time she remembered quite clearly when she was scared of dying, that time she was sure she was going to die when coming across through the land of ogres. She spent all night sneaking through the land, hiding behind tree to tree and bushes to bushes from them. It was the time that she was terrified the most in her life.

What could be worse than ogres that lurks in this land of the place where no one grows?

Her mind might jinx her and the pirates, jinx their chances of getting out unharmed. There are times where she underestimates things and people then suddenly everything turns unfortunate for her.

It was mid noon by then when Killian Jones was sure they were nearby the camp. It was still noon as the trespassers were beneath into the dark jungle and the daylight was weak as if night completely swallowed the light. They could still see where they were going even without a torch.

Once the Captain halted and signaled Mara and the rest to stop and keep quiet. The girl tightened her grip on her sword when she knew they had arrived. Agitation almost came over her as she watched Hook taking a peek for a moment. It sounded awfully quiet, no sound can be heard but the rustling from the pirates, the trembling breaths from the pirates beside her and her heart quickening.