Selfie With The Mafia

By KeepingItDespacito

#3 in Romance #2 in Humor Book I & II in the Tattered Souls Series. 1st Book - Completed [16/12/2017] 2nd Boo... More

Intro and Disclaimer
Prologue
| 1 |
| 2 |
| 3 |
| 4 |
| 5 |
| 6 |
| 7 |
| 8 |
| 9 |
| 10 |
| 11 |
| 12 |
| 13 |
A/N: NO UPDATES
| 14 |
| 15 |
| 16 |
| 17 |
| 18 |
| 19 |
| 20 |
| 21 |
| 22 |
| 23 |
| 24 |
| 25 |
| 26 |
| 27 |
| 28 |
| 29 |
| 30 |
| 31 |
| 32 |
| 33 |
| 34 |
| 35 |
A/N
| 36 |
| 37 |
| 38 |
| 39 |
| 40 |
Book II - Selfie With The Mafia
Book II - Prologue
Book II - | 1 |
Book II - | 2 |
Book II - | 3 |
Q/A • #AskRaaz •
Book II - | 4 |
Book II - | 5 |
Book II - | 6 |
Book II - | 7 |
Book II - | 8 |
Book II - | 9 |
Book II - | 10 |
Book II - | 11 |
Book II - | 12 |
Book II - | 13 |
Book II - | 15 |
Book II - | 16 |
Book II - | 17 |
Book II - | 18 |
Book II - | 19 |
Book II - | 20 |
Book II - | 21 |
Book II - | 22 |
Book II - | 23 |
Book II - | 24 |
Book II - | 25 |
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1

Book II - | 14 |

46.6K 1.8K 421
By KeepingItDespacito

Hearts break over and over,
Hearts heal over and over.

- Seeker

•••

Ava

        I didn't sleep the whole night.

It couldn't be said the same about Aaron though, he slept like he hasn't been sleeping for years. I kept contemplating about my given state over and over; yet there didn't seem to be a certain solution.

Everything he said to me yesterday, I was wondering whether it was the truth but he didn't blink once. I knew that it would be more than better if he had just confessed the one thing I yearned to hear from his mouth.

If he had just uttered the words, I would have forgotten about my sick revenge too soon.

But I would be lying if I said his arms around me felt good. It wasn't making me calm, they were suffocating me. And that realisation was enough to conclude my raw feelings for him.

I don't love him anymore.

Either way, Aaron's feeling wasn't steering right through him. This was anything but infatuation or maybe a longing obsession.

I stiffened when his fingers moved from my back, barely touching my injuries and to my hair, gently caressing me. He was awake. I closed my eyes, not wanting for him to know that I didn't sleep at all. I could feel his even breathing on my face as his lips pressed on my temple.

I sighed, my heart squeezing painfully in my chest for betraying him.

I was already afraid of the consequences when he would learn about this.

But I would be gone.

Aaron moved beneath me and placed a pillow under my head and walked off to the shower. After making sure he closed the door, I opened my eyes and sighed in relief, getting out of the bed and heading outside the room.

What should I act like afterwards? Morning cuddles and breakfast in bed? If I could tolerate any of those cliché moments, I would probably prefer to slip out of the comforter. My acting skills weren't that appealing, really. And it was starting to bother me how much Aaron was changing himself just so that I could accept him like before. But I didn't want to, not when it wasn't what I actually came for.

Drake doesn't even know that I was here and he would be worried, regarding the kind of people living in Italy. My phone started to ring in my jeans and cursed inwardly, finding Amedeo's name flashing on the screen.

The hell I would answer his call.

I swiped the decline option and continued walking along the hallway and downstairs, making my way out of here as unnoticeable as possible. I was hoping to see the living room empty because I thought Mafias were supposed to be heavy sleepers, relating to the kind of alcohol they drink before sleeping.

Good Lord, I was wrong.

Men wearing black suits were walking around, talking in their phones and - if what I assumed - guarding the mansion. Many maids were cleaning the living room, some were rushing around the dining area while others were working their ass off in the kitchen. The aroma of the food nearly had my stomach grumbling in hunger. I forgot the last time I ate anything.

I hope no one thinks that I was leaving sneakily.

And they didn't seem to mind. The maids didn't even pay a heed when I walked past them. I groaned in annoyance to see Amedeo calling again. I furiously typed a message, reminding the old man to shut the fūck up at least in this early morning when I bumped into someone.

I quickly apologise, "Oh- I'm sorry!"

My jaw dropped to find a beautiful woman staring down at me with a smile on her. Her brown hair was tied in a loose bun and bright blue eyes, almost similar to...

"You must be Ava?" She asked in thick accent, raising her eyebrows and waiting for my response. I nodded, bewildered by her calmness. She looked pleased, tucking a strand behind her ear.

"I'm Elvika, Aaron's mother."

Well shıt.

•••

I couldn't believe I didn't recognise her.

I had to be able to realise soon enough because she was that woman who melted a heart of someone as filthy as Amedeo and knocked some sense into Aaron's mind. I would have definitely thanked her for the later but it was a little too late.

I didn't even know what I should be doing now. Elvika seemed so much more convincing and smart but she was stupid to love a man like Amedeo. And he was a fūcking dıck to leave her.

I really wanted to go back to my apartment, knowing how much Drake would be pissed after the mention of me staying here the pervious night. I chose to message him to not wait for me for breakfast.

She was not letting me leave, instead she insisted on joining the breakfast with her family. I would rather be fascinated on how big her family was, considering the several kinds of huge amount of food being served on the large table.

It might probably go to waste since they usually don't finish it all. Elvika got seated next to me in one of the couches and continued talking as if we had known each other for a very long time.

"You are much beautiful in person. It is a pleasure to meet you, Ava." She said kindly.

I was fidgeting nervously and managed to say her the same, "It's nice to meet you too."

She caught the tension and tried to tap me on my shoulder, "You do not have to be nervous around me. We will talk more after the breakfast." She finished and left into the kitchen.

After breakfast? Hell no. I would probably vanish into thin air before she could even catch up to me. I wasn't nervous because of her, I was bloody terrified on feeling my phone ringing over and over again. I wanted to throw this phone so it wouldn't be more irritating but I also didn't want Drake to think I was ignoring him. Then again, I opted for the better option and decided to switch it off despite fearing of getting caught red handed.

I simply observed the whole place, it was beautiful designed from the golden-white chandeliers hanging from the ceiling to the densely detailed creamy walls, with plenty of pictures going all the way to the stairs and then, Aaron appeared out of blue.

Fūcking hell.

If he didn't look the sexiest man on earth. His eyes captured me from there and the brightness and intensity nearly got me to my eyes. I couldn't believe I was letting such thoughts enter my mind and plague my purpose.

He was just. . . too much.

I had to look away and try to seem engrossed in anything. I hope this strange and familiar need would not arise in between my plans.

I could see Aaron coming to stand in front of me, his heat radiating off onto my body. His strong rain-forest scent were surfacing old memories as soon as he was close to me.

"I thought you were gone," he said, pressing a chaste kiss on the hollow of my cheek.

Please don't ask why.

"But a maid told me you were waiting here."

I wasn't.

A man handed Aaron a couple of bags which I presumed to be of clothing. He gave it to me, "Get freshen up and wear these. I will be waiting for you."

•••

What was I thinking?

Breakfast with the Mafia family would be a lot better and jovial. Actually, it was. All the members talked about anything and everything except for some men sulking on the other side of the table.

For example: The male bıtch, Leon Di Fran.

I could only remember that much of their surname, it doesn't matter though.

I was lamely playing with the food, wanting nothing but to dig in, it was smelling so fūcking good. But I was holding back as much as I could, because this people were eating in such a sophisticated manner, exactly how Aaron did the first time when he forced me for a lunch in London.

I kind of felt left out since everybody were engaged in conversations of mostly in Italian. I hated to feel like I wasn't sitting with them.

It would have been so better with Drake. I was also sad that Amor wasn't speaking to me either. She only smiled at me when I saw her, it was not the same wide and bright smile she used to give me. It was inconspicuous and kind of forced. Ace was sitting right next to me, always deep in thought while Aaron and Ferro were talking about business.

They were probably planning whom to kill next...

I finally settled in eating as quickly as possible and get the hell out of here. I was almost finished when two maid appeared with a huge orchids and lillies bouquet and a big basket stocked with all the types of fruits and chocolates.

They placed them next to Aaron and left before bowing deeply. He picked out a card from between the bouquet, unfolded it and started to read it with his eyebrows knitted together in confusion. After finishing it, a smile etched on his lips.

"Did anyone know Kahlaan Lanzo had an engagement ceremony three months ago?" He questioned and everyone stopped eating.

"Of course," Amor replied, shrugging.

"I don't understand. . . how was I not informed about my best friend's engagement?"

Silence.

After some seconds, Ferro commented something in Italian, "Hai minacciato di mettere un proiettile nei nostri cazzi se avessimo parlato di qualcosa di diverso dagli affari."

A titter rippled across the otherwise silent room. Amor was laughing and Elvika rolled her eyes, it was more likely a mocking one compared to the grumpy look Aaron was having on his face currently.

There was brief outburst of laughters quickly brought under control after earning a glare from Aaron. It reduced into snickers.

I mean I don't even exist. . .

I had a resting bıtch face, not at all bothered that I was being ignored. Aaron glanced at my reaction and widened his eyes, giving a sheepy look.

"Ava, Let me translate for you," Ace whispered and I was utterly curious and thankful that someone noticed.

"Ferro said that Aaron threatened to put a bullet in our dıcks if we talked about anything other than business. I think you know by now how he was behaving last seven months." He said, faking a sad face and I had to hide my smile.

So Aaron was simply threatening to kill them? Was it his favourite sport or something?

"Fine. I did say that but it doesn't mean nobody tells me about this." Aaron started and fixing his deadly glare on the men sitting in the far side.

Silence again.

I should really get used to this.

"Well then," he wiped his hand and mouth with the handkerchief kept next to him, "We have a wedding to attend this week. And I'm not missing it again."

I didn't even know who was that man and I surely did not want to go to a criminal's wedding. After some minutes, everyone cleared out of the room that had me sighing in relief.

The most weird breakfast was over.

Aaron finally settled his eyes on mine, "Will you come with me?"

I blinked, "Where?"

"To the wedding."

He was asking.

He was not telling or ordering like he used to, he was really asking. And it was really making me feel good.

I looked down, shaking my head. "I don't even know who he is-"

"You will know when we go there. I want you to be on my side, tigrotto. Please?"

Stop being so nice to me, Aaron. It's going to make things harder to me than it already is.

I thought for a moment, looking back and forth, my mind fusing in confusion. I couldn't say no, it would seem rude, now that he was adding please every time.

He waited for my answer and I found myself nodding, agreeing to accompany him to the wedding. A wide smile spreaded on his face, it made him beautiful.

He pulled me in a hug, "Thank you. It's going to be in Spain. You will love it."

I hope so.

•••

I know there's not really much in this chapter but there will be more fun, drama and. . . Steam in the upcoming chapters. I promise!

Let me know your thoughts.

New update on next FridayKeep voting and sharing!

Love, Raaz xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 26.6K 87
Jasmine Petrova I downed a shot of tequila, allowing the burning liquid to slide down my throat and settle in my stomach. I deserved to have some fun...
416K 13.4K 41
"Come back, Ava. Why did you leave me?" He said looking deep into my eyes. "After what you did, no one can come back to you!" I shook my arm forceful...
5M 153K 51
(BOOK 1 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) [COMPLETED & EDITING] * "Arie," he whispered, his smile dropping as he closed the distance between us. "I'm s...
4.5M 139K 81
"What in the world, kid?" The roar erupted from the sleek Lamborghini as its owner, a man who could easily pass for a Greek deity, emerged from the l...