Selfie With The Mafia

By KeepingItDespacito

#3 in Romance #2 in Humor Book I & II in the Tattered Souls Series. 1st Book - Completed [16/12/2017] 2nd Boo... More

Intro and Disclaimer
Prologue
| 1 |
| 2 |
| 3 |
| 4 |
| 5 |
| 6 |
| 7 |
| 8 |
| 9 |
| 10 |
| 11 |
| 12 |
| 13 |
A/N: NO UPDATES
| 14 |
| 15 |
| 16 |
| 17 |
| 18 |
| 19 |
| 20 |
| 21 |
| 22 |
| 23 |
| 24 |
| 25 |
| 26 |
| 27 |
| 28 |
| 29 |
| 30 |
| 31 |
| 32 |
| 33 |
| 34 |
| 35 |
A/N
| 36 |
| 37 |
| 38 |
| 39 |
| 40 |
Book II - Selfie With The Mafia
Book II - Prologue
Book II - | 1 |
Book II - | 2 |
Book II - | 3 |
Q/A • #AskRaaz •
Book II - | 4 |
Book II - | 5 |
Book II - | 6 |
Book II - | 7 |
Book II - | 8 |
Book II - | 9 |
Book II - | 10 |
Book II - | 12 |
Book II - | 13 |
Book II - | 14 |
Book II - | 15 |
Book II - | 16 |
Book II - | 17 |
Book II - | 18 |
Book II - | 19 |
Book II - | 20 |
Book II - | 21 |
Book II - | 22 |
Book II - | 23 |
Book II - | 24 |
Book II - | 25 |
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1

Book II - | 11 |

51.8K 2.1K 564
By KeepingItDespacito

Song: Demi Lovato - You don't do it for me anymore

•••

The sharp line between friends
and lovers,
Cuts more throats
than knives ever will.

- K. Tolnoe

•••

Aaron

            "It's not the right time to come back home, is it?" Ace said, entering the room where I was watching her sleep. My eyes never wavered from her as I kept thinking about the same events that happened months ago.

"I don't know," I muttered, my fingers tracing her cheek. She was so breathtaking, her pale skin was a contrast to mine. I eyed the mole which was just above her upper lip, it made her enticing. Even after so much time, Ava was a fūcking temptress. So fūcking beautiful.

I didn't hear the door closing but Ace was gone. I wasn't sure if it was the right time for my family to come back home. I had sent them away for a while, for them to be stress-free and happy. But most importantly, I didn't want them to know about Father returning to our country. The moment I learned it, I had Ace to take Mama and Amor to Scotland. It was Mama's birthplace, so I knew it would make her ecstatic to relive her old days.

I never really thought about telling her about Ava. It was impalpable, unbearable and concerning. I didn't know if Ava was the one but I didn't know if someone like me deserved to be happy ever again. The love we used to share were not acceptable. Where she was a daughter of crime investigator, I was a Mafia King. Our worlds were life and death apart. 

Our love was tattered, something so exceptional yet so remarkable.

"Aaron?" I froze when I heard Mama's voice echoing down the hallways. I groaned and pulled the door close before she could see me in this room. She shouldn't see Ava because I wasn't in the mood to face the questions which would be thrown in my way.

There was a knock on the door that had me rolling my eyes before I went for it. It opened to reveal Amor standing in the doorway, smiling wholeheartedly at me. My face softened and I pulled her in my embrace, brushing her hair and placing a kiss on her forehead.

Her eyes darted behind me then returned to mine with a knowing look. "I know she is here, Ace told me about it. Why are you hiding her from Mama?"

I looked back at Ava who was sleeping peacefully, "I don't know. It just....doesn't feel right."

She chuckled, her hand resting on my shoulder, "If you want something, have at it. Do not leave it for some lame excuses."

I gave her an amused look and asked, "Since when did my sister start giving advices?"

"I learned from my mistakes." She blurted out and her eyes widen immediately. I rose a questioning brow when she excused herself, "I'm hungry! I'll be back later. Ciao!"

She sprinted down the hallways rather quickly. Her words were confusing me but I would talk to her after some time. Right now, the woman sleeping there was first on my concern list. I was about to close the door when I saw Mama standing the other side with her hands folded across her chest.

Her face was holding a serious look when I struggled to find ways to make up anything that had me occupied.

She came towards me and said, "This is a first. You weren't there to greet us when we returned."

"I had business?" It sounded more like a question to myself. That's what happens whenever you have your mother in front of you, questioning. Even if I was a Mafia who inspired fear in others, she was the one whom I respected and feared the most.

She stared at me intently and tried to peek behind me to which I simply made it difficult for her by crowding the area more. I know she would be skeptic after my behaviour towards her like this but I wasn't ready to show Ava to her.

"You are hiding something, che cos'è?"
"Mama, it's nothing. Let's go, you have just come--"

"Aaron."

I paused. It was an order, something she barely did and I readily obliged. I moved away completely for her to go in. Once she came inside, I heard her gasping in utter shock.

"Who is she? And what have you done to her?"

For the first time in a long time, I accepted and spoke in clear words in front of a person whom I trusted, "She's the one I love."

•••

I didn't know why it felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. My confession was hardly self-willing. Did I say it to make myself or mama to feel complaisant?

Mama was sitting on the couch with her head resting over the palm of her hands when I finished telling her everything that happened. She was comprehending. After everything I thought, this was definitely not what I was expecting.

Women are unpredictable.

This felt better. Maybe I should have just accepted and said to anyone who was close to me. Maybe I shouldn't have kept it all buried inside my chest, at least I wouldn't have been worse.

"She was the reason you were devastated for months, wasn't she?" She asked after a long moment of silence and I couldn't agree more. I nodded, entwining her fingers with mine, my eyes glued on her, admiring and cherishing her feel.

"Our lives are totally different, Aaron. Where have you gotten yourself into?" She chastised, her voice breaking in between.

"I messed up, Mama, I can't help myself." I broke my stare and looked at my mother in my vulnerable state. "Is it possible that she could forgive me? I know I shouldn't have gone after her, if I had just came back to Italy before Christmas, life would have been normal--"

"Does she makes you happy?" She cut in and I nodded without a thought. "Then, Why regret something you once wanted?" an imperceptible smile on her face.

"Do not become like your father, Aaron. Do not leave her like your father did to me. If you love her, then make yourself worth for her." She finished and came to stand beside me. Mama leaned down and kissed my forehead before ruffling my hair, smiling as she did.

I couldn't smile back. I didn't know what was wrong but it didn't feel right. "It's not wrong to love, although you have chosen someone who doesn't belong to our world but we cannot change our fates. Win her back, mio figlio. Nobody will exist in this world if we stop loving. Confess what you feel, tell her your reasons, she will understand. A King always needs a queen and She is going to be yours."

"She doesn't loves me anymore. Ava hates me, it's as obvious as the sun."

Mama laughed, shaking her head, "A woman does not leave her country and comes to another just to say she hates you. She must have motives but love is not something which can be easily erased. Once it takes place, it's always marked like a stain." She patted on my shoulder, "Do not give up."

With that, she left the room leaving me to sit there and think on where the hell I would find myself to show her so much. Why couldn't it be easy like I loved my family? This was completely strange and yet felt so alluring in a way that wanted to be beautiful.

I never thought I would have a conversation like this with my mother. But she did one hell of a great job, like every time. And like every time, it left me confused.

A soft noise from my side had me realising that Ava was awake. She was watching me in confusion and I could tell that she has no idea what happened yesterday.

Full points to alcohol then.

By looking into her eyes, I realised how much I wanted to drown into them. We needed to fetch back the time that was stolen from us. And it was probably my fault.

It wasn't just because of my enemies who started targeting her which nearly took her life. I left her because I was afraid that when she knows about my life, the lies I had been feeding her and the truth I kept hidden from her, she would not love me like she did. I thought it was easy to leave her and just go back to how my messed life used to be. My messed up life was my normal.

But it was too late.

I hated how much she begged and cried to not leave her but it was seven months too late to realise I couldn't have 'my normal life'. What kind of fool was I to leave behind such a strong woman who loved me nonetheless of my cold behaviour?

As much as I wanted to hold her, I knew somewhere in her, she wanted to do it as well. And when our eyes met, holding, longing, yearning for each other, they hugged for both of us.

It was divine.

I sighed and left the room, wanting nothing but to get her back because as soon as I make up mind and believe in what Mama said, I wouldn't hold back. No matter what, I couldn't help but be determined at how I would win her back.

I'll have this woman again, body, heart and her fūcking soul.

Because I can not wait anymore to feel loved again.

•••

Ava

      "You have been asleep for two days, Drake." I informed him as he emerged from the shower.

"Stop reminding me over and over again!" He snapped, groaning in displeasure. But it wasn't something to be embarrassed of, it wasn't his fault.

"You. Have. Been. Asleep. For. Two. Days." I repeated and laughed at face.

"God, stop and let's get out of here. I can't stay here for more than a minute." He said before he entered the closet.

"Is someone bothering you, Drake? Should I call Nedaya--"

Drake peeked out of the door and scowled, "What the hell is wrong with you, Ava? That girl sticks like a glue and she's not my type!" He gritted out in a low voice.

"It's okay, the walls are soundproofed." I hushed him with a grin.

He sighed audibly in relief and went back to put on his clothes. When he was ready, we headed downstairs and found Nedaya near the door.

"You're leaving," she said, nodding her head and smiling. She rolled her eyes at Drake who walked out straight without even talking to her.

She signaled for me to come close and whispered, "I just realised he is totally not my type. Is it bad that I was flirting with him before? I mean he is cute and all--"

"That's fine, really." I cut her off with a smile and continued, "but don't trust men. They are a pain in the ass."

"Ah, seriously," she pulled me in a hug, "I didn't have a friend before but I'm going to miss you."

"Yeah, it's not like I'm going back to London--"

"Wait, what?!"

I narrowed my eyes and nodded my head slowly, "Hopefully I won't be around." I said to myself awkwardly. "But here," I handed her a paper. "That's where I live, we can hang out whenever you want."

Her shocked face immediately broke into a huge smile. She looked beautiful.

"Why didn't I make friends before, it's so fun!" She said excitingly. At this point, no one would believe that she was a freaking mafia who blows up walls for sports.

"Okay then, I'll see you soon," I said and turned around just to be knocked down by a huge man who stood in my way.

Before my face could twist in a grimace, I found Ferro looking down at me with a huge grin plastered on his face. He offered his hand and I gratefully accepted it.

"Hello, gorgeous. Bidding farewell to our family?" He brought my hand to his lips and kissed the back of my hand.

I raised my eyebrows, probably not in the mood for romantics. He was a gentleman and all but that was seven months ago, I knew very well what he does now, all that mafia things, like killing people to pass his boredom.

"Uh-huh."

"Ferro, lasciala andare." A voice came from behind and Ferro turned, revealing Ace who stood there with his face passive of all emotions. He wasn't  like the friend I had before, that was not him. It was a complete different man standing there.

I took my hand off Ferro's and started walking out of the mansion, not really in the mood to meet any of this family. Yes, I was mad at Ace. What could have gone wrong if he had just said everything about him? He hid the truth from me as well and that was not something friends do. I couldn't believe that I trusted him, hell, all of them.

I smiled at Drake who gestured me from the car he 'stole' but my smile soon turned into a scowl when Aaron blocked my way and stood in front of me. Definitely not someone I wanted to see. I pushed him away and continued to walk but he pulled at my hand, tucking it under his suit, his eyes set straight behind me.

"You're not going anywhere."

What the fūck is this? A freak family stopping show!?

•••

*Me answering  Ava*: No honey, it's mafia family show.

Follow me on instagram, loves: skrywer.raaz

What do you think?

Love, Raaz xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1M 433K 41
[BEING RE-WRITTEN RN] Book one in the D'Angelo Series (Also the first maybe three chaps might be cringe, IT GETS BETTER I SWEAR 😭) What happens whe...
73.3K 1.1K 46
{Dark: Enemies to Lovers romance.} "I would get her eyes tattooed inside my brain; yet I would still get lost in them with just one look." ...
44.6K 871 31
WARNING MATURE CONTENT: MENTION OF GRAPHIC CONTENT ABUSE, MURDER, THE USE OF DRUGS WITH MATURE LANGUAGE AND MATURE SCENES. VIEWERS DISCRETION...
755K 50.5K 98
As he took one last step closer, his muscles made direct contact with every fragment of my body, and I could feel my skin become ten times warmer. "...