Selfie With The Mafia

נכתב על ידי KeepingItDespacito

#3 in Romance #2 in Humor Book I & II in the Tattered Souls Series. 1st Book - Completed [16/12/2017] 2nd Boo... עוד

Intro and Disclaimer
Prologue
| 1 |
| 2 |
| 3 |
| 4 |
| 5 |
| 6 |
| 7 |
| 8 |
| 9 |
| 10 |
| 11 |
| 12 |
| 13 |
A/N: NO UPDATES
| 14 |
| 15 |
| 16 |
| 17 |
| 18 |
| 19 |
| 20 |
| 21 |
| 22 |
| 23 |
| 24 |
| 25 |
| 26 |
| 27 |
| 28 |
| 29 |
| 30 |
| 31 |
| 32 |
| 33 |
| 34 |
| 35 |
A/N
| 36 |
| 37 |
| 38 |
| 39 |
| 40 |
Book II - Selfie With The Mafia
Book II - Prologue
Book II - | 1 |
Book II - | 2 |
Book II - | 3 |
Q/A • #AskRaaz •
Book II - | 4 |
Book II - | 5 |
Book II - | 6 |
Book II - | 7 |
Book II - | 9 |
Book II - | 10 |
Book II - | 11 |
Book II - | 12 |
Book II - | 13 |
Book II - | 14 |
Book II - | 15 |
Book II - | 16 |
Book II - | 17 |
Book II - | 18 |
Book II - | 19 |
Book II - | 20 |
Book II - | 21 |
Book II - | 22 |
Book II - | 23 |
Book II - | 24 |
Book II - | 25 |
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1

Book II - | 8 |

53K 2.1K 325
נכתב על ידי KeepingItDespacito

"Strange are the ways of love
For with my injured words
I strung a song together
For you
In hopes that it will help me
Get over the pain you gave."

- Ambica Uppal

•••

Ava

The time when my eyes started to feel less heavy, I opened them, feeling the pain decreased into a dull throb. I felt like I was put in a long, long sleep. I haven't had this tiny peaceful sleep from a while.

It took some time for me to observe my surroundings, it was a simple room included with the necessities of medication. I was dressed in a long, simple white dress. I realised the reason of my deep slumber, the drugs.

I closed my eyes again, reimagining the man who brought us rather forcefully. It was a dreadful experience because I was familiar to the word kidnapping that I wouldn't want to crawl in a corner and hope for someone to save me. Or in other case, I would find a way on my own, like the last time.

But this was not like the other times.

The moment when my eyes laid upon the man, it overwhelmed my senses. I thought it was an just an imagination like my mind was playing tricks of the worst scenario, because he died years ago.

That was what Dad informed me, Amedeo Di Francescantonio was dead. And there was no way anyone could get away from my father, especially when it came to his work. Then how could Aaron's father possibly survived under my dad's extreme resources and clients.

But I have learned of one thing by now, if Amedeo has fooled my father by faking his death, he was certainly one powerful and dangerous man.

God, I grabbed my head in frustration, how much the father and son were related.

When I opened my eyes, I got up, peeling the blanket off me and heading straight towards the door. I twisted the door knob, hoping for it to be unlocked and to my surprise, it opened.

Guess this wasn't supposed to be called as kidnapping after all.

I smiled to myself and peeked outside, just to be sure of what I was getting myself into because I didn't know where the hell they kept Drake and stepped outside.

"You're dumber than I thought," A feminine voice with huge accent cut through me right when I was about to escape. I looked up, following the voice to see a woman standing upstairs. She was dressed in a black attire and red heels. Her hazel eyes only made her more fierce as she approached me, her heels clinking graciously.

"Hate to say this but you are quite a beauty, must be the reason Amedeo's son is being à corps perdu around you." She rolled her eyes and tucked away a strand of her short hair. I gave her a puzzled look, baffled at the way of her using words which didn't get through.

"And you are?"

"Oh, lei parla! I thought the drugs had muted your voice. Anyway, I'm Eidan." She smirked and held out her hand towards me. I accepted her hand cautiously, remaining to stay confused at the change of her demeanour in a lightning speed.

"What does Amedeo wants from me?"

Her eyes narrowed, intently observing. "First, You do not get to call him by his name. ?"

I scoffed and she leveled me with her glare.

"Okay, blimp it is."

"Just make sure nobody hears it if you want to make it out alive and you are wearing my dress. So, stop being a bıtch," She snarled.

"Is this what your Mafia people do? Kidnap women and expect them to be nice?" I snapped, clenching my jaw.

She sighed in frustration, "Look, I know you are mad. And by all means, nobody is stopping you. But stop asking so many questions, it is annoying."

When her mobile buzzed, she fished it out of her jeans and walked away. As I stood their contemplating the ways and trying to keep my desperation for answers at bay, I found myself flinching with the sudden increase of pain.

Eiden came back after some seconds and said, "Have you applied the liniment on your ribs?"

"Um, what are you talking about?"

"The doctor said that you have a deep cut there and he suggested for you to keep applying it to reduce the pain."

The images of Aaron digging the knife on the area just below my breast suddenly flashed in my mind and I cleared my throat, blinking several times to ignore the searing tightness of my heart. I managed to give her an imperceptible smile and nodded.

"Are you okay? You look pale," she gave me a skeptical look.

"I just- Uh, I'm fine. Really," I turned around, walking inside my room while looking for the liniment. When I found it, I sat down on the bed and kept it with the along with the medicines. All the while, She kept watching my every move.

"You are keeping an eye on me or what?" I asked.

Eiden laughed, her voice echoing through the empty room as I eyed her manicured hands. The smile never wavered, something dark and mysterious about the way which reminded me of promises.

"No, Ava. I'm not. But we would be getting a lot together than you would have thought. Now, let's go and see your friend."

"You still didn't tell me about it earlier. What does he wants from me?"

Her smile faltered but she answered anyway, "Family business. And...you are the only person who is keeping to thrive us."

•••

"Is this a trap or something?" I muttered while following Eiden closely behind, who kept walking down every hallway. I felt the eyes of guards burning on my back with every turn and tried to ignore their suspicious gazes.

"And what makes you think it as a trap?" She questioned, her voice shaking in humor.

"Because you are walking for like... hours and I swear I won't be able to feel my legs anymore if I don't stop by now."

She chucked, "You sound like a weak person. And it's literal."

"Try to say that with welts on your back."

Eiden threw a glance at me and replied, "I know how exactly it feels like. Trust me; I have suffered like this for years."

I paused, actually feeling bad for her. "I'm so sorry."

"Do not be. It's in the past and it's best to not be remembered. You do not hang on to the mistakes of your life forever, there's always one way or another to move on and start over."

If what I just heard wasn't really something for me...

With that said, she stopped in front of a huge door guarded by two men who looked ready to kill whoever dared to cross them. Eidan simply passed them and nodded, they took the cue to open the doors and let us in. I smiled as soon as I saw Drake sitting on a couch with his forehead creased in worry but my smile didn't last long since the man who kidnapped us was right there before my eyes.

And what was I thinking? That we were going to leave?

For the first time in a long time, I wasn't completely believing the fact that he was Aaron's father. Even if he was called the incarnation of satan, I didn't know if there would be so much as a shred of goodness in his heart because I wouldn't be walking on my feet with such agonising injuries.

Oh wait, the father and the son do not possess a heart.

Amedeo's eyes fell on me, a mischievous smile forming on his face. "Come have a seat, Miss Knights. Let's have a nice little chat."

"I think I'll pass," I said, wanting to do nothing but leave this place. Drake shook his head, his eyes looked red and tired as if he hadn't slept for days.

"Oh, I thought we were past than that," Amedeo's voice cut in, breaking my gaze from my friend's. "Believe me, Miss Knights, this will be beneficial for both us. For the family."

I frowned, "What do you mean?"

He grinned in satisfaction and I swear I almost mistaken him for Aaron. "You're very much aware of that. But I think we should have a delicious lunch for now-"

"Cut the fūcking chase, blimp." I gritted my teeth, my hands balling into fist with my heart seeking the need for answers.

He narrowed his eyes and asked, "What does that mean?"

This time, I laughed, "I just realised that you are an Italian. Born, grown and educated in Italy. English is not really your first language, is it?"

I saw his jaw tightening in annoyance and kept his eyes fixated while he muttered, "Eidan dear, What does that word mean?"

Eidan was sprawled over on a bed in the corner of the gigantic room with her head stuck inside her mobile. She didn't bother to look up when she said, "A) Ava, I told you to keep your mouth shut in front of him. B) Please do not disturb me while I'm surfing Internet. C) Do not dear me, Amedeo because I do not know shıt."

"Eidan..." He moved his eyes towards her, his voice increased in a warning tone.

"I'm not scared of you, old man." She groaned, waving her hand dismissively.

Amedeo, however masked his irritation when he fixed his eyes back at me. But this time, his voice was more firm and serious. "Straight to the point, it is then. Sleep deprivation is considered to be exceptionally inhumane. How about I try to drug your boyfriend with more of Xyrem and keep him awake for few days before he dies due to lack of sleep?"

My mouth fell open as the shock overwhelmed my senses. I began to charge towards him, the rage building up inside of me stronger than ever. I took ahold of Amedoe's collar and sneered, "You wouldn't dare-"

He laughed, wrenching away from me and adjusting his wrinkled shirt. "I dare the world, Miss Knights. First lesson to be learned when with me--"

"Why would I be with you!?"

He rubbed his palm, "Oh well, I forgot to fill you in. I love these kind of puzzles, they pique my utmost interest like it did on you. First lesson to be learned, Do not ever underestimate my actions and wills."

I didn't know I was capable of hating another person in this world. I didn't know I was stupid enough to think that this man was capable of betterment. I didn't know that this kind of hate was most powerful feeling than love. And, I didn't know what the fūck was going on.

"What do you want from me?"

I felt the itch to punch his face when he stated, "I want you to work for me, Ava Knights. And you will."

The hell I would.

Before I could plan the death sentence of the bastārd who was sitting right in front of me, I heard the cracking of the wall behind him. When I moved my eyes on it, I found it beginning to spread and for once I quite understood the theory of Newton's third law.

Something was going to happen. Because I sensed it that there were not just four of us in this room but someone else. Amedeo continued to speak but I couldn't listen to his piece of shıt as I kept my eyes trained behind him, on the wall which was sure as hell going to kill him.

My adrenaline kicked in and I was fast enough to pull Drake up despite my injuries which burned in pain and help him away from to a side. And when Amedeo was aware enough to understand, it happened.

The wall fell down. It fūcking fell down, someone fūcking blew it up.

The room was clouded with dust, I couldn't make myself to open my eyes. Drake groaned in dismay, the dust and cemented sand forcing us to keep our eyes closed. When I could finally adjust my eyes to the foggy haze, I saw Eidan standing in the sun with a gun in her hand and a victorious smile on her face.

"Damn, I need another manicure." She spoke, aggravated. When she looked at me, her eyes shone in the sunlight, "Oh! You must be Ava." She chirped, coming towards me.

"What the fūck did just happen?" A voice came from the bed and I found Eidan walking furiously towards me.

Wait? Two Eidans'?

I looked at the girl who blew up the wall and Eidan who was now standing face to face. They both looked the same and my brain only fussed up even more when I tried to think about the possibilities.

"Hello, sister. Sorry for the impromptu prelude but I love to break walls, kind of a bad habit."

Oh my god, they were sisters, fūcking twin sisters. Eidan was awestruck, devastated or flabbergasted? I didn't know since these mafia people were pro on hiding their emotions. But I was sure as hell dumbfounded and Drake had a very bad timing to fall asleep.

Eidan's sister bent down and wrapped Drake's arm around her shoulder, starting to walk outside.

"Who are you? And where are you taking him?" I asked, blocking her way and glaring at her.

She smiled, "Somewhere safe. Also, It's not just him, You are coming with me too."

"What? No-"

I followed her just before Eidan cut in our way and spoke, her eyes shimmering with something I didn't recognise. "What did you do to him, Nedaya?"

Nedaya laughed dryly and shook her head, "Come on! He shouldn't have been there while I finished off the last set up of my ultimate bomb. I'm bad, don't you remember? That is what I do. And I'm sure he found his way out of the earth already because.. too old for the living, you know? Wouldn't last long and then poof!" She winked radiantly.

Eidan's expression turned painful and hurt, "He is family."

Suddenly, Nedaya's eyes became hard as she corrected, "He was. Do not ever utter such kind of non sense again or I will not hesitate to blow you up next time."

With that said, she walked away from her sister with Drake' arm still draped around her. As we were nearing a car which was parked, my heart rate accelerated, suspicious and trustful at the same time.

Why was I going with her?

But when the door of the car opened, my eyes caught the only person whom I never wanted to see in my lifetime again.

I paused, pain initiating deep within my core.

Now I understood why I trusted the strange woman.

It was because of him, it was Aaron.

•••

Leave your feedback!

Love, Raaz xo

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

2.3M 61.1K 44
Morelli Mafia Series BOOK 2 | 18+ Passion. Love. Lust. Erotic. Violence. Crime. Strong female lead. COMPLETED - Paperbacks available on Amazon. O...
4.5M 139K 81
"What in the world, kid?" The roar erupted from the sleek Lamborghini as its owner, a man who could easily pass for a Greek deity, emerged from the l...
214K 11.8K 48
After getting betrayed in love, the happy bubbly soul Diya turned cold and lost trust. She started working at her father's office and tries to forget...
63.8K 1.3K 18
《𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲. 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐏𝐬𝐲𝐜𝐡𝐨 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐦𝐚 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟�...