My Second Love ✓

By Priya_siva

Highest rank: #26 in fanfiction, #1 in Arshi Won "CHARM AWARD" on IPKKND CHARM AWARDS-2K18 **UNEDITED- FIRST... More

Prologue
1. Marriage!
2. First Night!
3. He's in love♥
4. First day
5. Khushi in her home!
6. His first day
7. Terrified Khushi
8. Khushi in trance
9. Heart broken Arnav
10. Challenge between ASR and KKG
11. Khushi cope up with ASR
12. Shopping with Raizada's
13. Reception party
14. His dilemma
15. Truth revealed to Arnav
16. Confrontation
17. His Insight
18. Shocking Realization
19. New Morning
20. Peek into his wife's past
21. Change in his place
22. First Travel
23. His feelings
24. He deserves a princess, not ME!!!
25. Burden
26. Pretence
27. Roommates or Flatmates?
28. Whatsapp
29. Two can play the game
30. Behind the facade
31. I am sorry
32. Rapid fire
33. Harbouring feelings
34. Ignorance is bliss
35. Trust
37. Titanic
38. Memories
39. Call me wifey!
40. Forget to take my heart
41. Kitchen adventures
42. Waiting for you to rob
43. Dark clouds on paradise
44. You're a theif
45. You robbed my heart
46. Imperfectly perfect
47. Bonding with feathers
48. My man
49. I am back
50. Artistic Sangeet
51. My baby jaan
52. Life to her artistry
53. What you like is, what I love!
54. Messy haldi
55. Marriage
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus chapter #2
Bonus chapter #3

36. Companionship

6.5K 474 100
By Priya_siva

Khushi POV

Drying the shawl, I looked around the room. It was spacious enough to accommodate more than two people.  Seven star hotel, may be.

"Khushi here's your dress" He handed me a packet. I took it and eyed him questioningly. From where did he buy this dress at early morning. 

As if understanding my question he replied "I got our dress packed yesterday"

Not knowing how to extend the conversation I grabbed the dress and towel.

Slipping into the given tops and jeans, I left the washroom only to gulp at the sight before me.

There in the middle of the room stood he showing his back with his shirt off drying his hair. The water dripped down trailing from his hair, down the spine ever slowly and got solace under his trousers.

What the hell, am I thinking? I mentally slapped myself for giving images to my sinful thoughts.

"Er... Arnav you can take bath now" I cleared my throat purposely only to stop my scandalized thoughts.

He nodded disappearing into the washroom and I exhaled my breath.

As we got ready ourselves, we came downstairs for breakfast. As usual he asked about my preference of having breakfast down in dining area or on our room itself. Sometimes I fear about my capability of loving him. How much he care for me and loving me! How am I going to repay him?

Willingly entwining my fingers with him, I held his arm gently by my another hand.

Like always a lovely man, he pulled out a chair for me. Settling opposite to me he go through the menu card and give another one to me.

After ordering it, we sat in silence and I was taken aback by his stare. His gaze piercing my soul. I wiggled on my place.

"Er.. Arnav you still didn't told me about what happened five years back"  I questioned mentally patted myself for coming with this topic.

He smiled and his smile reached his eyes glowing more than normal.

"It was five years back" He whispered with a sigh.

I found myself excited to hear and moved little forward sitting at the edge of the chair.

Palming my jaws I perked up my ears eyeing him to continue.

"So eager are we?" Asked he.

When I nodded in reflex he tapped my nose.

"It was the time when I joined AR and started to work. Dad strictly denied to give me a top designation unless I prove my abilities. So in earlier times he personally assigned my tasks which was not at all to be worked sitting in a air conditioned cabin. I used to travel a lot. Like once I was called by a university for guest lecture. I used to give lectures back. So it was not at all a surprise thing" he chuckled and stopped telling as our food arrived.

I held his hand from picking the fork.

"What?"

"Finish what you started" I demanded having zero patience.

"Are you serious? Khushi eat first, I am not going anywhere and you too"

"No.. you said this other day too but didn't told me. Now I want to know else I'll not eat" I declared stubbornly slightly moving back in the chair.

He looked at me amused and I had hard time in controlling my smile.

"Are you a kid wifey? Seriously. I couldn't believe it. For this small matter you're acting childish. And as far as I remember the day before yesterday someone advised me not to behave childish" He raised his brows.

I am sure he's trying to dodge the topic. I sat stubborn not to touch the food.

"Khushi eat"

He sighed defeated "It was not at all catchy story Khushi. I just saw you at the University and were mesmerized by the way you behaved with others. I thought it was attraction and tried to forget you. But your face kept haunting me. I never believed love in first sight then. But after days passing, I couldn't erase you from my thoughts. I convinced myself it was just a attraction. Your images would pop up in my mind now and then. I shrugged it all under the name of infatuation. But it hit me hard when mom started my marriage talks and look out for a girl. I denied to see any girls only then I came to know about my feelings. Then I started searching for you and it did take time inbetween my heavy schedule. When I found out, your family was finding alliance for you. Without delay I send my family to speak with your parents. And when I saw after years you're not at all same. Instantly I know something was wrong but couldn't find out what. Not wanting you to dwell in your worries I opted for quick marriage. After that you know everything" He shrugged coolly explaining his five years in just a second.

Here I am confusing just from past months but he.. five years. Dammit. How hard it could be! Top of it I hurt him a lot.

"Arnav. Why didn't you confide this with me at earlier? Maybe it could've saved us from going through the tough phase" Said I cursing the time we wasted.

"You're not in the state to hear anything Khushi"

I sighed lowering my head. Hadn't I shut him up when everytime he approached me to have a talk? How mercilessly I denied his friendship proposal? How outrageously I pushed him away when he try to cope with my mood swings?

Uff...

I was snapped up when a thing touched my lips. Bend down, I saw him stretching a spoon of morsel infront of my lips waiting for me to apart it.

Letting him feed me, I sat analysing his each and every expression. His face was calm like always but now a new glow added to it. His eyes twinkled in joy. He was so sincere even in taking the morsel and his gaze was fixed only from plate to my lips.

How he looks composed always? What magic is behind that? How can he handle everything with patience? Hell, how did he hid his feelings since past years? And even after marriage? How hurt he must felt when I didn't even treat him as a human. Holy shit!

In no way, I will be equal to him. But he was more than equal to me.

In no way, I will be the missing part of his life. But he's the missing part of my life.

In no way, I will be a perfect partner for him. But he's the best partner I could ever imagine.

In no way, I will be a good friend to him. But he was always a friend which we never voiced out openly.

In no way, I will keep him everything above my priorities. But for him, I was...

My own thoughts choked me to breath. How could I ever dare to hurt him? I want to scream. I want to cry out loud. The scream which my heart wished was ready to spill out from my mouth. It weighted my heart and throat simultaneously. I cupped my mouth to swallow it. I can't embarass him amidst of fifty people. I can't hurt him... I can't... My eyes blurred with rain of tears. Where's Arnav? I looked at my opposite to see it empty. Where's he? Arnav... Arnav... Did he left me? Is he fed up of my behaviour? Oh god.. Where's he? Arnav... Panic rushed through my veins. I shuddered.

"Khushi.. Khushi.. what happened? Why are you crying dammit?" I snapped my head at the voice and shocked finding Arnav beside me.

"Arnav" I whispered brokenly.

Next instant I was on his arms. He throws his arm around my frame crushing me into his. I clutched his shoulder and laid my head on his chest wetting his shirt.

"Khushi. What happened? Did I said anything wrong?" He asked worriedly.

More tears rolled down by his question. He thinks he hurt me, how can he. How can he think like that? He never hurt me! I vigorously shook my head as no, lest I'll upset him.

"Then why are you crying now?" Asked he rubbing my back.

"Nothing"

"Shh.. Don't lie, ok. I can see what nothing it was. You said, you trust me. Won't you tell me?" Tears stopped as he rubbed soothing circles on my arms.

"Don't you think we already stepped into friendship zone? Won't you share it with your friend?"

I looked up coming out of the hug.

"Trust me it's nothing. I... Just insecurities. I fear... Arnav what if one day you fed up of me?" I sound myself as a vulnerable child.

He cupped my cheeks wiping the tears "Never. I'll never fed up of you. Love does not come with only happiness Khushi. One should accept their love with all their flaws, that's the true love. I, accepted you knowing you very well. Throw your insecurities away. It do nothing but restrict you from approaching me. You can share anything with me if not as husband at least as a friend. You got it?"

I found myself smiling and nodding to him.

Once again he proved as a good husband!

_______

How's the update?

Do hit the 🌟 and comment if you like it.

Thank you very very much for all your support on this story guys. This crossed 40k reads and 5k votes. It would not be possible if not for you all😄😘😘😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.6K 3.9K 35
Hello Readers! This was originally a Bepannaah/Adiya fanfic, but I am publishing this story as an Arshi fanfic as well. I hope this fandom enjoys thi...
112K 4.3K 12
Khushi rescues Arnav from Shyam's clutches. Arnav and Khushi returns safely to Raizada Mansion. Khushi confrontation with Shyam takes place, NK suppo...
110K 4.3K 7
Cover Credit: @koelidalmiye Highest ranking: #12 in kkg on (13.7.18) #47 in possessiveness on (11.7.18) #198 in short story.. Leaning closer to her...
33.6K 1.3K 2
Random three shot on Arnav and Khushi. Anjali 'Your house? And what husband? He is not your husband. Did you hear me he is not your husband? Your ma...