With Every Step We Take

By Franny645

"I've been observing you for a while now and I want you to know you are different from any girl I've ever kno... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's Note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Author's Note
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 8

125 6 11
By Franny645

When I wake up in the morning I feel stiff. Stephanie's arm was across my face, and Brian's feet were on my back. Again. Did he not learn the first time?

"Brian!" I yell. He jumps awake and laughs. "Sorry Christen, it was an accident."

"You were an accident." I mumble.

I move Stephanie's arm off my face, and get up.

Everyone was still sleep, except my parents, and the twins. They must be downstairs. I jump off the bed, and go downstairs. Brian follows behind me.

I eat breakfast, while Brian feeds the twins. I leave school earlier than everyone else. Me and all my siblings go to separate schools, because my parents believe in individuality.

When I run upstairs to take a shower, the rest of my brothers and sisters are coming down to eat breakfast.

I say my prayers, and finish getting ready for school. My outfit today was one of my favorites. A beige jacket over a brown camisole, with jeans and uggs.

When Grant arrives, we leave to go to school.

"You're not going to try and bring food in my car today?" He asks astonished.

"Nope already ate, but don't worry I'll find some other way to ruin your baby." I smile mischievously.

He gives me a dirty look, and turns on the radio. My song comes on, and I start singing.

"Make me your Aphrodite. Make me your one and only." I sing loudly.

"Christen shut up, you're going to make me have a car accident." He says irritated.

I laugh, I don't sing that bad, Do I?

"Do I sing that bad?" I ask.

"Yes you really do" He says with no remorse. Hmph, I'm offended.

"Well than. I guess I'll sing some more!"

"Cause once your mine, once your mine." I belt out.

"There's no going back!" When the beat drops I begin to shake my head from side to side violently, whipping my hair back and forth.

Grant laughs. "You are a mental case."

"The original." I reply.

I tell him about my new job. He is really supportive. He says for the next three weeks, he'll take me there after school and pick me up.

I know Grant is filthy rich, but I still feel bad about taking up so much of his gas. "No. I don't expect you to do that, I'll take the bus." I say determined.

"Christen, it's fine"

"No Grant, it's not." I counter.

"Trust me, I want to do it." He says reassuringly.

I still don't want him doing all of that for me.

"I don't know..." I say unsure.

"Well I know. I'm doing it." He says without leaving me much room to disagree.

I try to figure out different ways to argue my point, but I settle on just leaving it alone. It's only three weeks.

"Thank you, you're the best sweet cheeks." I tell him sincerely.

He grins "Yeah I know."

I roll my eyes.

"Why all this work for a necklace I could just buy for you?" He asks curiously.

Stop the train right now! We are not even going there!

"You wouldn't dare buy me a present that costs 400 dollars!" I bellow. "Plus, I feel like I need to work at Christian Worth. It's like GOD has something in store for me there." I add softer.

Grant nods his head in understanding. Now I feel bad for spazzing out on him.

"Sorry." I say quietly.

"For what?" He asks amused.

"For yelling at you when you were just trying to be nice."

He laughs. "I'm used to your rude behavior."

Oh he just thought he was so funny. I slap him on the arm.

"See what I mean?" He asks, rubbing his arm.

I frown at him, he looks over and his face softens.

"Don't stop smiling, you know I'm just messing with you. You are the sweetest girl I know." He says, and shrugs like it's not a big deal. My heart beat thinks otherwise.

We pull into the parking lot, and I jump out and start jogging towards the school. I have to go to my locker before first period. "Have a good day." I call over my shoulder.

"You too." He replies.

I run to my locker, and put in the combination. When I open it a note falls out. It reads:

Watch your back.

-S

What is this, Pretty Little Liars?

"GOD whoever wrote this note please protect me from them, and please show me what I need to do to leave this situation without being harmed in anyway. In JESUS' Name I pray." I say my prayer out loud. I am confident He will answer it. The Bible says GOD will make your enemies your footstool.

I shut my locker and turn to find Mandy standing there with a confused look on her face.

"What?" I ask her.

"Were you just talking into your locker?"

"No." I laugh "I was saying my prayers, about this." I show her the note, and she reads it.

"Who could've wrote that?" She asks shocked.

"I have no idea." I replied honestly.

"Christen everybody loves you, this makes no sense."

"Thanks Manders, but not everyone apparently" I laugh it off, and tell her that someone broke into my house yesterday. GOD is great, and if there's one thing I know, he'll protect me.

"How are you so calm?" She asks in disbelief.

"I'm calm, because GOD is much stronger than all of this."

Mandy looks up at me with respect. "I love your attitude Christen."

"Thanks." I smile.

Mandy was the best. Her and Cory truly are my best friends. We've been friends since middle school. They support me with everything, and we have the craziest adventures.

Mandy and I head off to first period, and take our seats by Cory.

He smiles. "What's up amigas? "

Mandy takes the note out my hand, and shows it to Cory.

His face begins to turn angry. "Who did this?"

"I don't know, S?" I say, referencing the name on the paper.

"Don't worry Christen we got your back." He says.

"We sure do." Mandy chimes in.

"Thanks guys, you're the best" I say giving them each a hug. They are GOD's gifts too me.

The rest of the day went by pretty fast. Grant drops me off at Christian Worth, after school. I didn't tell him about the note. It's not that big of a deal, but I have a feeling he will treat it like it is.

I open the door of the Christian Worth. "Hello?" I call. No answer. "Mr. Durk?"

"Right here." Answers a boy around my age. He has brown hair that flows nicely, and blue eyes. He was cute.

"You're not Mr. Durk." I state confused.

"I'm not Durk the owner, but I'm Durk the owner's son. You must be Christen." He says with a smile.

"Yeah. Nice to meet you." I smile back. "What I should do first?"

"You can help me do inventory, if you like?" He asks.

"Sure!"

We sit there and do inventory. There were several boxes worth a merchandise. Who new this tiny store had so much stuff.

People were coming in and out of the store, so Durk Jr and I took turns servicing them.

I really liked him, we were going to be great friends.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Durk asks.

"Yes." I say heitantly, wondering what he was getting at.

"Oh." Durk says.

"Why do you ask?"

"No reason." He mumbles.

Ok that was weird. Does he like me or something? I'm with Grant, period.

Durk and I continue to talk while we do inventory, surprisingly the conversation isn't awkward after his question. After my two hours are up, I leave the store.

I see Grant's black BMW, and I get in the car. "Hey Grant! What's up?" I greet him.

He doesn't respond. "What's wrong?" I ask him.

"Why didn't you tell me someone left you a note threatening you?" He says through his teeth.

Shoot how did he find out?

"Who told you?"

"I was talking to Cory. He mentioned it, because he assumed you already told me."

"I didn't want you to overreact." I try to reason with him.

"I wasn't going to. I just wish you would of told me. You know, so I could be there for you." He mumbles the last part under his breath.

I smiled. He wanted to be there for me.

"You can be here for me now." I offer, looking up at him.

"Good." He stated. "Don't keep things from me, ok?"

"Ok." I agree.

I tell him about my day at work, and Durk's question. I don't know how Grant felt about it. I wasn't sure if he was jealous or not.

He just smirked, and said "Don't make the guy too miserable."

I blushed. What does he mean by that?

Grant pulls up to my street.

"Don't forget our date tomorrow, I'll pick you up around 7:00."

I smile. "Ok, but why are you telling me now?" He could just tell me when he picks me up in the morning.

"We don't have school tomorrow, it's a student holiday."

"That's great I don't have school or work tomorrow, the store is closed on Fridays." I say, excitedly.

Now I have the whole day to relax, before my date with Grant! I wonder if GOD is available? Silly Christen, he's always available!

"Alright bye Grant, I can't wait until tomorrow." I say.

He winks. "Bye Christen."

I get out the car and go inside my house. Decan and Brian did a great job keeping everything together for me. Mom and Dad will never know. This really could work, and I was happy. Thank you GOD, I know this is the work of your hands.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 4.6K 30
"Silly boy - you dare ask me that question?" I frown at him instantly - taken aback when he gripped my chin. Yanking me close enough towards him, ou...
3.8K 308 37
"why the fuck did you went on a date with him? he is not even your type!!" he growls. "so what? he is friendly and nice to me" I replied confidently...
63.4K 1.1K 85
***COMPLETED*** When we both caught our breath, he pulled me down and kissed me. He let go of my wrist and wrapped his arms around my waist. He opene...
30.6K 709 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...