With Every Step We Take

By Franny645

"I've been observing you for a while now and I want you to know you are different from any girl I've ever kno... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's Note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Author's Note
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 7

122 6 14
By Franny645

After Grant leaves me and my mom go shopping. I can tell she wants to get her mind off the burglary. Hey, I want to get it off my mine too.

We try on a whole bunch of clothes just for the heck of it. I have to admit my mom has a great figure for having gave birth to thirteen children.

We go to practically every store in the outlet. Of course, my mom being who she is, buys every single one of my brothers and sisters something. She bought stuff for my dad, herself, and I as well.

Finally we get to the car, and unload the village worth of stuff into the car.

"Mom, I think you could lead a tribe with all of this junk" I joke.

"Shush my family deserves nothing but the best" she waves me off.

I laugh, I love my mom.

As we are about to leave the parking lot I see a store that catches my eye.

CHRISTIAN WORTH

"Mom can I go in here?" I beg.

"Sure sweetie, do you want me to come in?" she asks.

I was about to say yes, but then I had a feeling I should do otherwise.

"It's ok Mom. I'm only running in real quick, can you stay and order the pizza." I say sweetly gesturing to the pizza place next door.

"Alright see you soon" she smiles

I go into Christian Worth, and look around. I mostly see books, religious jewelry, and figurines.

A beautiful cross necklace grabs my attention immediately. I run to it and hold it up in awe.

It was so gorgeous. It was sterling silver, with diamonds imbedded in it. The diamonds were amazing. The necklace was amazing. It was a beautiful way to portray GOD's symbol of love, the cross.

I was in love with it, and I must have it.

I turn the price tag over and reveal the price of $400.

I couldn't afford that! The job I had last summer only paid 7.50 an hour, and I worked 2 days out the week. I only made about $700 after taxes. Seeing how it's almost April, all that money was gone.

I needed to find a way to pay for this necklace.

'GOD, please let me find a way to get this piece of jewelry that represents you love for me through JESUS CHRIST.' I say in my mind.

I start to walk around the store, and I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I turn around startled. Standing there was a middle aged man in a uniform. I guess he works here. He had a really shiny bald spot. I kinda want to look at my reflection.

"Sorry to scare you miss, I just wanted to know if you were buying that necklace you were looking at."

"Unfortunately, I don't have the money right now, but I pray to get it soon." I said remembering my prayer to GOD.

"Ahh I see, it is a very expensive necklace, but maybe I could help you pay for it." The salesman states.

"Really how?" I ask skeptically.

"You could work here until you pay it off. It will take about three weeks if you work after school for two hours. You will also get the employee discount."

"Thank you so much!" I shout excitedly. I am going to get my necklace! Then I remember something, my mom has a strict rule about us working during the school year.

One time my brother Dj made a lemonade stand after school to get money for a new bike. My mom freaked out, and tore it down. She went on a rant about children's minds needing focus. She is not a very strict parent, but she will not go for me having this job.

I started to decline, but then the salesman stopped me. "Think about it for a little bit and then let me know, my name is Durk."

"I will." I smile.

What am I going to do? My parents can't find out about this job, and I don't want to lie.

I start contemplating in my mind.

I get home at 2:30, and my parents get home in between five and six o'clock. That should give me enough time.

But what would I do with my brothers and sisters? While Decan, the oldest, is at college I'm in charge.

Aha! I almost forgot Decan is home for summer vacation, he finished the school year a little early. Him and Brian can take over.

I skip happily to the front desk where Mr. Durk is standing.

"I thought it through, and I would like to take you up on your offer." I beam up at him.

"Great! I Just need you to answer a couple questions." He gestures to a chair

I sit in it, and wait excitedly.

"First, what is your name?" He chuckles.

"Christen"

"How do you spell that?"

"C-h-r-i-s-t-e-n"

"Oh I see, like Christian?" He asks impressed.

I never realized that correlation, but I liked it.

"Yeah I guess it is like Christian"

I finish answering all the questions in about 10 minutes.

"I'll see you tomorrow Christen, bring all your formal documents."

"Ok I will, thank you so much Mr. Durke!" I state happily, and I really meant it.

I ran out the store, because I've been in there for about 25 minutes. I know my mom is probably looking for me.

I walk in the pizza store next door to find her sitting in a booth eating.

"Hi mom, sorry I took so long"

"It's ok honey. Did you like the store?"

"Yeah I can see myself going there again" I say with underlying meaning.

She smiles and says "That's good."

We talk and eat for about 30 minutes and we head home. We enjoyed our day together.

Later that night I lay in my bed trying to relax, I had spent the rest of the day cleaning and repairing my room. I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in" I yell.

Stephanie peaks her head in the door.

"Mom & Dad want you to come in their room"

"Alright" I get up to see what they need.

When I walk in their room I see all of my siblings gathered in there. Some are on the bed, on the floor, and Thomas was on top of the Tv.

"What's wrong mom and Dad why are they all in here?" I turn to my parents who are smushed, one on either side of the bed.

"Your mom is still paranoid about the break-in, and wants all of you to sleep in here with us." My dad explains exasperated.

"All of us?" I screech

"Yes, I want all my babies safe with me" my mom defends.

"So, you better make yourself comfortable sis" Decan groans from the floor. He currently has Connor, Helen, and Derrick sitting on him.

"Your making Decan sleep in here too? He's 19!" I say in disbelief.

"So what? He will always be mommy's little boy" my mom coos.

I laugh at the look of horror on Decan's face.

"Where's Nana?" I ask realizing I haven't seen her today.

"She is in the Caribbean, with her friends from the center.

Aww she didn't say goodbye.

"She left this morning, it was a spur of the moment thing, she told me to spread her love" Mom said.

"Oh ok" I was happy Nana was getting a vacation.

I climb on the bed and find a space in between Lexi and Stephanie. Wait let me rethink this Lexi's a snorer.

"You snore" I tell Lexi. "Stephanie let's trade places."

"And you stink" Lexi fires back.

Ok now I am mad. How dare she tell me I stink, I bathe everyday! Then I thought of something.

"I'm not the one mom had to force to take a bath on Monday, because I smelled terrible."

Lexi turned bright red. "It's not my fault, I had Lacrosse practice! What sports do you play?" She yells. I sat there quietly with my arms crossed.

"That's what I thought none." She folds her arms like she won something.

I was about to tell her I played the kind that involves actual intellect as opposed to just knowing how to use my body, but Dad stopped me. "Girls stop it we are all going to get along ok?"

Lexi and I nod our heads, while Stephanie is laughing obnoxiously in a fetal position. What was so funny that she needed to laugh like that?

"Stephanie dear" my mom says gently. " You remember how we talked about developing a more lady like laugh?"

I giggled at this. My sister's laugh is pretty vulgar, I'm glad she is going to get the help she needs.

"Alright everyone let's say our prayers" My Dad announces.

He turns to me "Would you like to lead us?"

"I have a better idea" I look towards Helen, knowing she loves to lead the family in prayer.

She gives me a huge toothless grin, and gets off of Decan. "Our Father which art in heaven, hollowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses. As we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, and deliver us from evil. For Thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory now and forever. Amen."

We all are very proud of Helen's prayer, for a 6 year old she is quite spiritual. "Way to go kiddo" My Dad tells Helen proudly.

"Yes sweetie, very good job" my mom says.

I lay down, and begin to drift a sleep when I feel something heavy on my back. I open my eyes to see Brian laying his feet across my back, like it's some kind of foot rest.

"Get your crusty feet of me." I say disgusted. I really hope I don't contract an infection.

"I have nowhere to put them" He complains.

I sit up harshly, and that causes him to loose his balance and tumble off the bed onto the floor.

Oops. I cover my mouth and laugh.

"I will get you for this" He says angrily, rubbing his side.

"Yeah right, you have no time for that. What you need to 'get' is a date, your running out of time." I said referencing his Sophomore Ball coming up in two weeks.

He face palms "I know, I know."

"You'll get one" I reassure him. I mean it, Brian is a very handsome boy.

After I give him some tips, I begin to drift off once again to the sound of unruly children, crying babies, and the wind.

My last thought is 'Thank you GOD for sleep, it's precious'.

~~~~~~~

HELLO READERS THANK YOU FOR READING! I'M SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE FOR TWO DAYS, I USUALLY UPDATE EVERY DAY!! I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER I WILL BE PUTTING ANOTHER ONE UP LATER! I HOPED YOU LIKED IT! DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, VOTE, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY PM ME IF YOU NEED TO TALK :) GOD BLESS!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 82 11
"Don't you see now why we can't be together?" I whispered at the crazy boy in front of me. "Aren't you repulsed by me? Disgusted? Dis interested? Ca...
3.7K 291 36
"why the fuck did you went on a date with him? he is not even your type!!" he growls. "so what? he is friendly and nice to me" I replied confidently...
654 17 13
She fell in love with the boy next door when she was just five years old. Despite Christian being 5 years older than Michelle, she would stop at noth...
61.5K 1.4K 49
[completed] His lips parted and a soft gasp escaped him. "You're so hot, Misty. Without even trying, yo- you look so beautiful sitting in class, doin...