Dreams, Not So Romantic ✔(A T...

By soulfulSAZ

Highest ranking #1 in Spiritual uncountable times Alhumdulillah.. #2 in Spiritual 10 plus times Alhumdulillah... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Authors note :)
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
A Request.. (Old)
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
A/N (Old)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Not An Update..🙉 (Old)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 (1)
Chapter 34 (2)
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Covers..
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 (1)
Chapter 38 (2)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (1)
Chapter 41 (2)
Chapter 42
Chapter 43 (1)
Chapter 44
Last Chapter
Epilogue
Sarah's Pregnancy #Bonus Chapter
In The Pursuit of Love

Chapter 43 (2)

19K 1.1K 301
By soulfulSAZ

Assalamualaikum beautiful readers!! So here is the next update as promised.

I am sure y'all will love it.

Go crazy with your comments. And I want a whole lot of them.

Enjoy the very long update.

My phone rang breaking my peaceful sleep. I opened my eyes and saw the time to be 12 midnight. Frowning I turned to my right, to see the bed empty. He hasn't returned yet? Maybe he is sleeping in the guest room. Picking up my phone, I saw Wali's name flash across and I panicked.

"Wali? Everything okay? Why are you calling at this time? Are mamma baba fine?"

"Haddi.. Let me speak" he yelled from the other side making me realise that I had been speaking non stop.

"Speak fast" I snapped.

"Did you really forget?" he asked.

"Forget what?" I frowned.

"Ya Allah. Khair. May Allah bless you and make you happy in all the phases of your life. Live a very long long life and continue annoying me" with that he disconnected the call leaving me confused.

"Is he okay? I hope he is not into drugs. Silly" I muttered and as soon as I was about to lie back down, my phone ran again making me jump.

Hana calling...

What is happening? And at this time?

"Assalamualaikum Hana, w-"

"Happy birthday habibti" she yelled from the other side making me remove the phone from my ear, only to realise that it was my birthday today. So thats why Wali had called. In the midst of everything happening, I forgot my own birthday.

"Sarah? Helloo.. Budday girl?" she yelled breaking me from my trance.

"Hana, you know we shou-"

"Yeah yeah, we should not wish and celebrate birthdays. Can't you just say something like 'Thank you my darling best friend' haan?" she said mocking anger and I chuckled.

"Thank you my darling best friend"

"Better. So whats the plan for tomorrow?"

"Umm.. Nothing. Same as all the years probably. I have to talk to Wali about that though." I replied mentally making a point to call him tomorrow.

"Hmm..okay. Achha, gotta go now. Be happy always and may Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala give everything you want in your life. And may we all meet in jannatul firdaus in the hereafter"

"Ameen" I replied to her beautiful dua'a and she hung up promising to call tomorrow.

I again looked to the empty side of the bed and decided to go check up on him, whether he is in the house or not. As I was about to step down from the bed, I heard some footsteps coming towards the room and then the door clicked. In a second, I was on my back and was laying down with my eyes closed, pretending to be asleep.

His slow footsteps came near me and stopped. I could feel that he was close, very close. My heartbeat was going crazy wondering what was he upto.

"I am sorry darling" he whispered, "May Allah bless you with a long life and may that is spend happily with me till we get old. May we have a lot of happy moments and even if we have sad moments, we will be there for each other. I hope you forgive me soon, because I cannot bear it anymore. I am missing your smile, your blush and loving gazes" here he paused and I was controlling myself with all my will power not to burst out crying.

I felt something wet on my forehead, and then I realised, he left a long lingering kiss.

"I love you" he said close to me, as his breaths fanned my face and then there was silence. I heard the bathroom door close and at the same time a tear escaped my closed eye. Opening my eyes slowly, I came face to face with the most beautiful red rose kept on the side table. I covered my mouth with my hand to stop the sob that was almost choking me from the moment he started whispering the words.

Before I could feel the softness of the flower, the door clicked open and I was again back to my pretence. The bed dipped indicating his arrival and soon after I could hear his slow breathing. He was asleep. I turned around and watching his face I too fell into a deep slumber, not before muttering a thank you.

When I woke up it was past his office time and I found the bed empty. I slept till late. Making my way towards the washroom I quickly took a shower and changed into a long kurta and jeans. Covering my head with the scarf I went downstairs only to smell the beautiful aroma of my favorite pancakes.

"Pancakes" I squealed and aunty and uncle laughed.

"Ofcourse.. Its your birthday" aunty said smiling at me while I blushed. She came towards me and pulled me in a warm hug, "I wish you all the happiness in the world"

"Thank you aunty" I replied and she dropped a kiss on my forehead. Uncle too came forward and kept his hand on my head and gave me blessings.

"Come lets eat" he said and I nodded.

The bell rang and uncle kept aside his newspaper, to open the door. But before he could do that, I jumped up and stopped him.

"Uncle, it must be Wali" I ran to the door and as soon as I opened it, he almost crashed me in his bear hug and twirled me around picking me up from the ground. I laughed wholeheartedly making him laugh as well.

"Hey put me down" I shouted, as he kept going round and round.

"First let me give you birthday bums" he said laughing. After a few seconds he put me down and I asked him,

"These are not what you call birthday bums"

"Wait a sec" he raised his index finger and at the same time my head spun with all the rotations. He grabbed my arm, all the while laughing and then exclaimed,

"For you these are the birthday bums, as I cannot beat you" he said winking at me and I hit his arm.

"Sarah, beta you are going somewhere?" aunty asked as we entered the dining room. I had called Wali at fajr, when Yazan had gone to masjid to pray, and decided upon the timings to go to our destination.

"Umm..yes aunty. I am sorry I didnt ask you yesterday. Actually I forgot that it was my birthday today and every year on our birthdays-" I looked at Wali who was stuffing his face with the delicious pancakes, "we visit an orphanage and give them gifts" I whispered looking down.

"Thats how we celebrate our birthdays" Wali added with his mouth full. I swear if he finishes all the pancakes, I will murder him on my birthday.

"Masha Allah" uncle's voice boomed in the room, as he came forward and patted both our heads.

"Just wait for half an hour, I'll order for a few things for the kids" uncle said immediately taking out his phone.

"Oh no uncle, baba had already sent a lot of them and haddi will also take some on the way" Wali said as I hit him on his head for calling me haddi.

"Yes uncle. There is no need" I said to which he just shook his head.

"There is obviously a need. Afterall, my daughter doesnt have her birthday everyday" he smiled at me and went away dialing a number on his phone.

I just smiled and felt content for everything. I thanked Allah, and muttered a lot of Alhumdulillahs under my breath.

"I am so proud of you" aunty said as she kept her hand on my cheek, her eyes filled with pride.

"Lets go eat the pancakes, otherwise this hungry animal will not leave any for me" I exclaimed horrified and she chuckle saying that she will make more.

"Oh I forgot.. Mamma sent that for you. I guess there are dresses or what " wali suddenly said making me smile. I grabbed the big packet and was about to open it when uncle said that the gifts will just be arriving.

I mean, Isnt that too fast?

And as said the gifts were delivered after a few minutes. But they were not a few things as he said. There was a whole lot of them, from clothes to books to chocolates, and I couldnt even count. We left for the orphanage after trying to fit all of the gifts in the car, but in the end uncle said that the driver will bring the left over gifts in the other car.

The trend of spending time in the orphanage was started by mamma and baba always motivating us with the hadeeth,

Sahl ibn Sa’d reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The one who cares for an orphan and myself will be together in Paradise like this,” and he held his two fingers together to illustrate.

(Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 5659)

In the early years they both accompanied us, but once when we were big enough we used to go on our own since it was not too far from our home. We entered and all the kids ran to us on spotting us at the gate. And soon there were shouts and cheerful laughter of the kids all around. Watching the kids, their beautiful smiles when opening a gift, the expressions when they eat chocolates, all that was worth. The happiness and self satisfaction one gets on seeing them happy is more valuable than the most expensive things.

"What are you thinking?" Wali asked a we sat on distant bench watching the kids.

"Nothing..just how happy they get with our small gesture" I replied as he wrapped his hand around me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Hmm.. Haddi?"

He called and I hummed.

"How are you? Is everything fine..at home.. With bhai?" he asked hesitatingly making me sigh.

"I am fine Wali. Dont worry about me. You tell. How are your studies going? And tell me if you have any crush" I immediately dodged the question and looked at him wiggling my eyebrows.

He kept looking straight into my eyes for a few seconds, making me uncomfortable, and I knew he wasnt convinced, but nevertheless answered my question.

"Studies are going fine. And crush? How can you say that? I have two girfriends" he said smiling mischievously at me and my eyes widened in horror. He started laughing at my expressions and again wrapped his arm around me. I playfully hit him and smiled and rested my head on his shoulder, as we sat there for almost an hour, watching the kids.

"Lets go home. Mamma must have prepared kheer for me" I said folding the prayer mat as we finished praying asr salah in the orphanage.

"Okay, but you cannot stay for more than half an hour. I have some important work and I have to drop you home" he said walking past me and I frowned.

"I am not asking you to drop me home. I'll call the driver at night to return back" I replied walking behind him and he immediately stopped making me bump into him.

"Oww..wali" I winced rubbing my forehead.

"No" he suddenly said turning around.

"What?"

"I m-mean.. I'll drop you home, I have told your father-in-law, that I'll drop you home safely. And besides mamma and baba have to go somewhere I guess" he said in a single breath, as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Lets go" having said that he turned around and I followed him muttering an okay.

After spending half an hour at my parents' I had to leave half heartedly. I tried so much to stay, but they were ready with one or the other reason to sent me to my sasural. Huh.  Grabbing all the gifts which were send by Samia aapi and Noman bhai, I was on my way back home with Wali.

"Aapi.. Sarah.. Haddii" he kept calling me but I kept looking out crossing my arms.

"I am not talking to you" I muttered. And he laughed.

"When will you stop acting like a child aapi" he exclaimed laughing and I glared at him.

"As if you are some old soul" I huffed.

"Achha.. Just open the gifts. Lets see what you got" he said while turning the car and I was filled with excitement. Even today at 23 and after marriage, getting gifts and opening them is still exciting for me.

Quickly turning around, I picked up the packets and opened the one given by Samia Api. And as soon as I did that, a squeal left my mouth, on seeing the most beautiful pair of canvas shoes.

"Hey those are boys shoes. Give them to me" Wali said and reached for the box, but I slapped his hand away, while he laughed. A note was kept in the box which read,

For my lovely sis, for times when she decides to act like a tomboy.

And I chuckled reading it. Next came Noman bhai's turn and I excitedly opened it. But my excitement soon died down on seeing the thing kept inside.

"Seriously, a teddy bear. And I think I saw this one in Ayeza's collection" I said with wide eyes and Wali started laughing uncontrollably.

"You guyz can never know what to gift.. except my Yazan" and without even realising I whispered at the end. Wali's laughs immediately subsided and he cleared his throat.

"Umm..did I hear something" his voice held a hint of amusement and I looked away muttering 'nothing'. I remembered the time when he gifted me stilettos and then a rose yesterday. I had safely kept that rose in a vase.

"Wali I guess, we forgot one of the gifts in the car" I said as I saw a packet lying at the back.

"Naah, that's mamma's gift"

"Oh! But I dont remember keeping it in the car" I thought.

"Yeah, you didnt. I did. Anyways. You can see if you want" he said shrugging and I obviously jumped to pick it. I opened the packet and saw two packets inside. One was a dress, I guess, in a transparent sheet and the other contained a gift wrapped in a shimmery red sheet. But mamma never wraps our gifts.

I took out the dress and saw that it was a beautiful light colored simple dress, just the way I liked. And then I took out the other wrapped gift. And without prying I started opening it.

"What are you doing?" Wali suddenly screamed in horror making me stop and I looked at him wide eyed.

"Are you mad Wali? Why are you shouting.. You scared me" I said taking deep breaths.

"Sorry. I mean to say what are you doing?" he again said and I rolled my eyes.

"I heard you the first time. I am opening the gift. You only told me to" I replied resuming to my work.

"But why? I didnt asked you to open it" he again said getting impatient.

"Wali shut up. I am in no mood of your silly tactics right now"

"Oh no. Please you can open it once you reach" he said covering his side vision with his hands and I literally wanted to throw him out. Always playing with me and teasing me. Carefully unwrapping the box, I opened the lid and was surprised to see what was inside.

"A.. Saree?" I muttered confused. Why would mamma give me saree. She knows I dont like wearing them.

"Saree?" Wali repeated after me and looked towards me and then heaved a sigh of relief.

"What?" I asked him while he wiped a few beads of sweat from his forehead.

"Umm..nothing" he shook his head.

"But why would mamma gi-" I stopped on realising something. Gift wrapped, Wali's reaction... I quickly picked up the discarded wrapping paper and searched for a little piece of paper stuck on the wrapper which I had spotted while opening the gift but didnt paid attention to.

💖 For my Lovely Wife 💖

And my heart went into a frenzy on seeing the note. I quickly collected everything and put them in the packet.

So Wali knew about his gift. That is why he was reacting- Wait.. What did he think was in the box. Uff.. Did he really thought that there would be something inappropriate. Ya Allah.. I wish the earth opens and swallows me right here right now.

I then looked around and saw some unfamiliar surroundings. I was so busy with the gifts that I didnt realise where Wali was going.

"Where are you going? This is not the way to home" I asked.

"Umm.. I told you that I had some work, so I thought why not do it once I am out" he said stopping the car outside a big building.

"Come lets go" he said and stepped out while I frowned.

"What will I do? You do your work and come back fast. I will wait here"

"No ways. I am not leaving you here" he said and opened the door of my side. Unwillingly, I had to follow him. We entered the elevator and he pushed the top floor button. We reached the penthouse of the building and he rang the bell.

"Shoot. I brought the wrong packet" he suddenly exclaimed and pushing the packet which he brought, in my hand, he ran back down saying that he will bring the other one in a few minutes. I actually started panicking. He had already rang the bell and the person of the house must be coming out anytime. Suddenly my phone rang.

"Wali, come fast" I hollered on the phone.

"Haddi, just push open the door and go inside" with that he hung up. And I kept looking at the phone for a few seconds after almost shouting in it thousand times.

After deciding for a whole minute, I slowly pushed the door and it opened making a creaking sound. With slow steps, I walked in and the whole penthouse was dimly lit, and decorated beautifully. It was so beautiful that for a moment, my breath was caught in my throat.

Walking further, I saw an arrow sign pointed towards the right which said, Welcome Birthday girl. My heartbeats had already sped up, as somehow I knew that who was behind all this.

The penthouse was new, I guess, as there wasnt a single sight of furniture in there. The whole place was filled with purple colored balloons and white chiffon curtains adorned the windows and the walls.

Suddenly I heard some footsteps behind me, and I immediately turned around to find no one. My heart had sped up and my breathing got heavy on hearing the footsteps, but then took deep breaths to calm myself and then walked towards the direction wherein the arrow was pointed.

I now stood infront of a door, a note stuck on it which said,

Welcome Wifey.

So I was right. It is Him. With racing heart and shivering hands I pushed open the door. And as soon as the door opened, there was a popping sound and a whole lot of golden sparkle in the air and more than that, it was on me. A smile crept up my lips, as I raised my hands in order to touch the sparkle, but when my eyes landed on the thing beyond, my breath hitched in my throat, as a big gasp left my mouth.

To say I was shocked, was an understatement. There stood a big..no a very big picture of mine. I walked towards it and lifted my hand to touch it. It was the photo which Hana had taken on her manjha ceremony. The one where I was smiling at the camera with my hand on my waist.

So does this mean that this surprise is given by Hana? No.. It was written wifey.. I facepalmed myself.

I then looked around and I had to hold onto the wall for support. The whole room was filled with my photos. My eyes had become glassy, and I was smiling. Walking towards the next one, I saw that this one was me with baby Ayeza. The one which was taken when I had first held her and I had tears in my eyes. This was taken by Noman bhai.

Next one was again me in my college dress. I remember this was taken by Hana on our last day of college and I wasnt smiling in this one. Rather, I had crossed my arms and was glaring at the camera, as Hana was continuously teasing me about Yazan.

But all this made me wonder just one thing. How did he get a hand on these photos?

As I was deep in thought, a pair of hands came from behind and wrapped around my waist making me freeze on the spot. I almost forgot to breath, when he rested his chin on my shoulder and spoke in his deep voice.

"I hope you liked the surprise and my gift"

But I was too in shock to even nod. My stomach was doing somersaults and I actually forgot how to breath.

"Well taking your silence as a yes, I would like to answer your questions, which are bothering your cute little mind" he said coming to stand next to me and patted my head. Then taking my hand in his he started walking to the first photo I saw and I silently followed him, watching our hands entwined. It was a warm feeling after so many days, and I now realised what I was missing all these days.

We stopped in front of the photo and he looked at me.

"This one was sent to me by Hana on the same day it was taken" he said and my eyes widened, remembering that she was tapping away on her phone after she had taken the picture.

Then we walked to the next one, "This was sent to me by Samia Aapi when I was in London"

And my already wide eyes, widened more if that was even possible and he chuckled at my expressions. Then to the next one we walked, him leading me, and never leaving my hand.

"This too was sent to me by Samia Aapi, which was sent to her by Hana. And you know what, I received this pic on the last day of your exams when I had gone to bring water for you" he said winking at me and I looked away flushed. Heat crept upto my face, and I was embarrassed, firstly due to his wink, and secondly due to that embarrasing photo of mine.

Then he pulled me towards the next ones, while he explained how he clicked those photos secretly. One was me reading a novel, the other while I was in the kitchen wearing an apron and laughing at something. How he managed to get those clicks was beyond my imagination.

Moving on to the next one, my heartbeats went crazy on seeing it. It was the picture of me and Yazan together. The one which aunty had clicked on the day when we went to his friends house. Here we were standing close to each other, his hand on my waist smiling at the camera, while I was looking at him. It was a beautiful picture, and while I was looking at it, once again that warm feeling entered my heart melting it in his love. He then moved closer and wrapped his hand around my waist and I looked at him alarmingly. But one look at him and his beautiful smile, had my insides melting, and all I wanted was to embrace him and cry.

But, the next pic had my insides churning and unknowingly my hand fisted as I tried to ignore the feeling of pain clutching my heart again. This was the pic where it all started. I was standing in a red gown, with a bashful smile, my lips painted red and my hair in beautiful curls. Our incomplete date. The pain, the tears, the hurt, everything came back and my heart was once again empty and devoid of any emotion and warmth.

"I am sorry for that day. But you were looking breathtaking" he said squeezing my shoulder and I slowly stepped away from his hold, and as soon as I did that, I instantly missed his warmth.

"Umm..thank you for your efforts and the surprise. I-I need to go now" I said turning away but he held my hand from behind stopping me.

"Sarah" he called with so much emotions- love, care and whatnot, that my tears started to spill. Hastily wiping them away, I tried to move forward, but he didnt let me. Instead, he pulled me back with a jerk and my back hit his chest, as a gasp left my mouth. Before I could think, he wrapped his arms around me and rested his cheek on the side of my head.

I was breathing heavily and my heart was going crazy as I stood frozen on my spot, in his embrace.

"This was given to me by ammi. I intentionally kept this photo here. I didnt wanted to in the beginning. But then, somewhere I knew that this pic will once again make you remember everything. And so I wanted to end this once and for all. Please Sarah, let it out. Let it all out. Shout at me, slap me, but please dont stay upset with me anymore. Please forgive me" he pleaded standing in the same position. And we stood there in silence for a few minutes, both crying. I knew he was crying, as a few tears fell on my hijab and then reached my neck.

Slowly removing his hands from around my shoulders and without turning around, I started walking. Where in reality, I just wanted to turn around and run into his arms. But I didnt.

"Sarah" he called but I kept walking, my tears having no bounds. I covered my mouth to stop the sobs coming out and walked out of the room.

"When you can forgive Aditya, why cant you forgive me" he shouted in a broken voice, as I heard his footsteps behind me, making me stop and my legs to give up their strength and I fell on the floor with a thud.

"Hey Sarah, are you okay? What happened? I am sorry. Are you hurt anywhere?" in a second he was next to me checking me for any injuries and I kept looking at his broken face.

"I am a very simple girl Yazan" I started and he looked at me and wiped away my tears with his thumb softly, which was of no use, as a fresh set of tears started flowing.

"All I ever wanted was to follow my deen, study right and become independent. I never wanted to get married and this soon, was out of question. But it happened and I wont question it, because it was Allah's will and no matter what, His plans are always better than what we decide," I looked away from his face and continued,

"But with time I was thankful to Allah, that it was you who I got married to. I wanted to spend a normal life filled with love and happiness. I never wanted to caught up in a mess," here I paused and looked at him who was listening to each and every word I was uttering.

"And in a mess like this, where I had to make my husband believe that I am pure for him" I exclaimed wiping away my tear.

"But then I was ready to do that too. I begged you Yazan, that I was innocent, that I didnt do anything wrong, that you were mistaken" I broke into loud sobs covering my face with my hands, and he pulled me close to him.

"You loved me Yazan, how could you not believe me. And on top of that you asked me to leave. Leave your house. Well you did forget that it was my home too" I pushed him a little and got out of his embrace.

He kept listening to me, without saying anything, and I was thankful to him for that. I needed to let it out.

"I almost died. Dont you think that this is all too much for me. Didnt you see all my efforts to make you talk to me. Didnt you see how comfortable I was getting around you. Your every complement made me blush. Everytime you came close to me, my heartbeats sped. And everytime we kissed, I felt I would die of happiness. I was so happy Yazan. With you." I whispered at the end and paused to take a breath as tears continued to flow from my eyes.

"You say that if I have forgiven that man, why couldn't I forgive you. Well news flash Mr. Yazan Siddiqui, I have forgiven you. A long long time ago.

That man holds no importance in my life and I told him that I had forgiven him just for his salvation. He is not even worth a second of my time and I didnt even blamed him for whatever happened, so forgiveness means nothing. But you-" I poked his chest with my index finger, sniffling,

"You were everything to me. You said that I never told you that I loved you. But I ask you Yazan, is it necessary that 'the three golden' words should be uttered from the lips in order to make the other person believe. Well in that case," I paused, took a deep breath, gulped down as my throat was choking because I was controlling the sobs that were ready to erupt from my throat.

"I loved you Yazan, I have since a very long time.. And.. I Love You.. How can I not forgive you" I cried and burst into sobs as I lightly hit him on his chest with my fists and then rested my forehead on him and once again whispered.

"I Love You Yazan"

"I Love You too" was the last thing I heard, before I fell unconscious.

Yayy.. They are back together. Oh I am so happy. They are so in love. *author says with dreamy eyes*

What do you think about the chapter?

One more chapter left before the epilogue (if there is). The story is coming to an end. OMA m leaving, otherwise M gonna cry...

Vote. Comment. Share..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 739 18
"I can't marry you," the words slipped out of her mouth, paining her in the process. "Why?" He questioned, "Feiha, you know how I feel for you and I...
997K 55.9K 53
MIRAAN ROHERO(age 30) He belongs to a strong politician family.Along with having ties in the politics , they are also running the underworld.Miraan i...
156K 6.1K 40
Makson Kingston a 24-year-old cold-hearted CEO. He is known all over the world, owns the biggest company, and is the youngest and the most successful...
146K 6.4K 40
#1 in husbandandwife 2020 #1 in September 2019 #8 in kindness (12/09/19) Inaya was a girl full of life and always desire to become a successful perso...