With Every Step We Take

By Franny645

"I've been observing you for a while now and I want you to know you are different from any girl I've ever kno... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's Note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Author's Note
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 4

136 6 17
By Franny645

After Grant left, I found myself in a incredibly good mood.

I even played Call Of Duty with Dj. He won of course, but I sat on him so, we were even.

I was walking on cloud nine. Life was good right now, I had an amazing GOD, an incredible family, an awesome boyfriend, and kick-butt friends.

I look up to the ceiling and Thank GOD for everything.

I think back again to Grant and my conversation. It reminded me so much of our first date four months ago. Partially, because it was one of the times we did the whole romance thing.

<<Flash Back>>

I am getting ready for my date with Grant Smith one of the hottest guys in school.

He told me he liked me after months of me hearing rumors about it. He was cocky and abrupt, but I accepted when he asked me on a date. Somehow I saw past his façade.

I go through numerous outfits tonight, and ask everyone in my family for their input. Yes, it takes a while.

They all are happy I'm finally "getting out there" as they put it. Ok, maybe this was my first date, but I was plenty "out there"...I think.

I really like Grant, it is just something about him that speaks to me, even though I don't know him that well. Everyone at school thinks he is the hot, cocky, and emotionless bad boy, but I sense something more than that within him.

Because I like him so much I send up a prayer to GOD. "If it be your will FATHER, please let my first date with Grant Smith go well, in JESUS name.

The date was wonderful! Grant was a perfect gentlemen, and he cracked me up. I loved to laugh so that was kind of a requirement. It was soon apparent that GOD answered my prayer, and that made me happy.

After like an hour, Grant and I were really comfortable with each other. Joking and making fun of each other came naturally, we just clicked.

We are walking in front of a store when Grant stops and suddenly pulls me to the side.

My heart was beating extremely fast, what is he doing? My body was having an unusual reaction to him being so close.

"You know what Christen?" He whispered.

"What?" I'm looking at the ground waiting for him to say something really stupid.

He puts a hand around my waist and pulls my chin up, and I blush uncontrollably. "Look at me so this can be all romantic and stuff.p" He smirked.

I burst out laughing loudly. It probably came off inappropriate in this setting and people were staring, but I couldn't care less.

Ahhh, my boyfriend was funny. Wait what? Grant wasn't my boyfriend at least not yet. I want him to be though...

Grant looked at me funny after my out burst and let out a drawn out "okaaaaay...." he gripped my waist tighter and continued.

"I've been observing you for a while now and I want you to know you are different from any girl I've ever known" he rushes out.

I started to interrupt him, so I could tell him to cut his cliché crap, but he stopped me.

"I'm not just saying this so you can fangirl over me and put it in your diary." I hope he knows I don't really have a diary!

"I really mean it. It's just... the way you.. The way I see you go through life, the way you handle stress, the way you deal with people it's...different." He rubs the back of his neck with his hand.

I smile for two reasons. One being, he was cute when he was at loss for words. The second reason being, I know exactly what he is talking about, but he was complimenting the wrong person.

I am different, because GOD made me different. When you begin to live your life for him he frees you from the conformities of this world, and sets you apart.

I don't realize I am still smiling until Grant says "What?"

"You're just really sweet that's all" I reply.

It's his turn to look down. I marvel at the fact I can make him do that.

Grant runs his hand over his mouth and looks at me, I mean really looks at me. My breath is hitched in my throat, talking is near impossible.

"Christen Miller, will you be my girlfriend?" I giggle at his forced formality.

"Umm...ice cubes!" Ok I really didn't mean to say that, like at all.

He laughs, and I mean hard. I really like watching him laugh, but not necessarily at me. "Way to ruin a perfectly good moment Christen." He chokes out.

Oh. My. Goodness. I've never been so embarrassed. I was probably really red and unattractive right now.

He looks at me and grins smugly "So girlfriend, please explain ice cubes in regards to our budding relationship."

He still wants to be with me after that? Wow, he must have a history with mental cases.

I recover myself.

"Uhh I never said yes to being your girlfriend. I believe I said ice cubes" I smirk with victory.

He laughs again "Your reaction told me everything I needed to know, 'girlfriend'." He brushes his finger tips across the faint blush on my cheeks and winks at me.

<<End of Flashback>>

That had to be one of the happiest days of my life, next to the births of my several siblings. I sigh happily.

No, Grant and I weren't really mushy gushy all the time. No,we didn't have a ton of physical contact. And No, we wern't in to publicizing our relationship to those who weren't family and close friends.

But, Grant and I really have something special going on.

I kind of miss him, so I decide to freak him out a little bit. I pull out my phone and text him.

Me: Hey just thinking about you...are you thinking about me?

I had to laugh at this, we never really do this type of gross couple thing, but why not give it a try?

Grant: ???

I reply slightly offended all he had to say was question marks, if that was even saying anything.

Me: Do you want to hold me forever and never let me go?

At this point my laughter was painful, I just texted him something I saw on tumblr a few days ago.

Grant: Are you high Christen, because I'm pretty sure GOD wouldn't approve.

I smile while replying to his text.

Me: I'm high off of you sweet cheeks.

Grant: Alright, good bye. Text me when you stop drinking.

I laugh really loudly at his text. He is so rude!

Me: As my boyfriend, I think you should help me stop.

Grant: Ok I'll send you a book.

Me:👌😂

Me: I thought about how perfect our first date was tonight.

It's been five minutes and he hasn't replied. Did I go too far and really make him uncomfortable? I bite my nails worriedly.

After a few more agonizing minutes I hear the ding on my phone.

Grant: Why? Did you have an ice cube nearby or something?😂

Me: No 😤

He'll never let that go.

Grant: Aww that's too bad.

I blush. Leave it to Grant to turn a conversation that was suppose to be mocking him onto me.

Me: Shut up, I'm sorry I even texted you😒

Grant: No your not. You miss me don't you? I've only been gone for four hours. You got it bad girl...

I rolled my eyes at his text, even though it was absolutely correct.

Me: Whatever helps you sleep at night, I have things to do. see ya tomorrow!

Grant: We don't have school.

Me: ok...well Thursday then

Grant: ok see ya sexy😏

I felt like vomiting, the anxiety is so real right now! Grant just called me sexy!! Is he being for real? He says stuff like that to me just so I can have a panic attack. He gets some sort of thrill out of it. No doubt he is laughing hysterically right now, he knows how i'll react.

Grant: Send me a snapchat of your face so I can laugh, because I know you are blushing profusely right now😂

Me: I will not! And I am not!

I just lied big time.

Grant: Christen you can't lie to me...

I gulp, I feel uneasy. Why do I? He's not even here!

Me: I'm not lying🙅

Grant:Fine...on our date Friday night I bet I can make you blush 5 times before the night is over. If I succeed you have to admit you blushed just now.

All he had to do is make sweet comments, this wasn't fair!

Me: Deal. One condition you can't use the same tactics over again.

Grant: Trust me there's no need.

I buried my face in my pillow. What is he going to do? Will he kiss me? We've only kissed twice in our whole 4month relationship. Both times were absolutely incredible. I think I almost fainted both times. It was worth the wait.

I had no idea what Grant had up his sleeve, but I was...excited?

~~~~~~

THANK YOU ALL SOO MUCH FOR READING, I REALLY HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!! GOD BLESS! :) TRUST ME THE GOOD PARTS ARE COMING UP, SO BARE WITH ME LOL!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 293 28
"Oh," he said, as my back hit the wooden wall. Damn it, of course. With nowhere to go, his arms locked me in between him and the wall. He stared down...
148K 2.4K 42
"What the fuck is your problem?" I asked my sworn enemy. "Have you lost your damn mind!" I scream at the top of my lungs. This bitch better answer m...
363K 15.1K 29
I look up at Todd's window and grimace when I see him gently pushing Jennifer into his room. So that's where he went. My stomach clenches painfully a...
108K 4.6K 30
"Silly boy - you dare ask me that question?" I frown at him instantly - taken aback when he gripped my chin. Yanking me close enough towards him, ou...