A Drunken Mistake

By xxborntostandoutxx

Katy Taylor is that girl you see walking down the corridor, head hanged low, trying desperatley not to draw a... More

A Drunken Mistake - Katys Prologue
A Drunken Mistake - Dylan's Prologue
A Drunken Mistake - 'I need to find whoever drew this picture.'
A Drunken Mistake - 'a feeling in my gut that something amazing just started.'
A Drunken Mistake - 'It has to be some kind of joke.'
A Drunken Mistake - 'I'm not going to rush her; I'm going to fix her.'
A Drunken Mistake - Its ok, my secrets safe, and now no one will figure it out.
A Drunken Mistake - "from the monsters"
A Drunken Mistake - I guess this is what loves feels like
A Drunken Mistake - Sending My Heart Soaring Once Again
A Drunken Mistake - I promise mum, I'll look after it for you.
A Drunken Mistake - "a perfect end to a perfect date"
A Drunken Mistake - Mummy, I'm so sorry
A Drunken Mistake - Oh S**t!
A Drunken Mistake - I could never bear the thought of losing her
A Drunken Mistake - "I will never forget you lot, never!"
A Drunken Mistake - ... I will find her again.
A Drunken Mistake - I've found her
A Drunken Mistake - ...I know I could stay here forever
A Drunken Mistake - "We're home bitches!"
A Drunken Mistake - I'm slowly going to die here.
A Drunken Mistake - I also want him to remember me
A Drunken Mistake - But I have this feeling it's meant to stop beating now
A Drunken Mistake - Oh. My. Baby
A Drunken Mistake - Here comes story time...
A Drunken Mistake - "You're coming home."
A Drunken Mistake - I don't think anything can spoil this moment
A Drunken Mistake - ...I honestly can't wait until it's my turn.
A Drunken Mistake - And all that will be worth the pain we're suffering now.
A Drunken Mistake - ...the one I will hang onto forever.
A Drunken Mistake - This isn't going to go well...
A Drunken Mistake- "Miss me princess..."
A Drunken Mistake - "I'm sorry Katy,"
A Drunken Mistake - I don't want to lose her again.
A Drunken Mistake - She's my rock.
A Drunken Mistake - And I will retrieve it.
A Drunken Mistake - Time to find out the whole truth.
A Drunken Mistake - I love you too.
A Drunken Mistake - Dear Katy
A Drunken Mistake - "Will you marry me?"
A Drunken Mistake - "The suitcase can wait."
A Drunken Mistake - I can't wait to meet them.
A Drunken Mistake - "Holy S**t"
A Drunken Mistake - Here we go.
A Drunken Mistake - I have never felt so content.
A Drunken Mistake - Yeah. We are.
A Drunken Mistake - Here's to the future.

A Drunken Mistake - ... I can't lose her again.

2.5K 71 1
By xxborntostandoutxx

Hey, I know it's been a little while, I'm sorry!

Exams offically suck!

Let's just say there's no way I'm going to be a sciencetist when I grow up.

Okay I realise this chapter may be a little short, but I had to end it the way I did, mainly because I like the drama....

So let me know what you think, I love hearing from you!

Thank you :)

Enjoy <3

'If something happens and you lose me, please don't think that's the end. Come find me again.'

Dylan POV

The shock entrance of Kyle and Amy snap me and Katy back to the real world, a world where our friends are wasted.

As the door swings further away from Amy, she slips and falls face first onto the floor, bringing Kyle down with her as he was clinging onto her shoulder. Both of them lay there in a mess of limbs, moaning at the fall.

Seeing this, Katy and I can’t but laugh like maniacs at the sight of our best friends trying to stand up on their own feet without tasting the floor again.

Finally with a couple more grunts of pain and heavy footed falls, they end up on their feet again, only just though.

“So, we going or what!” Kyle screams since when he’s drunk he has no volume control what so ever.

Katy looks at me and nods, letting me know she’s all for going out in her town.

“Come on, I’ll show how we do it Californian style!” she says and winks at me, dragging Amy to the bedroom with her.

Grabbing Kyle’s arm, I practically carry him to the bathroom, turn the shower on and shove him under it.

“Sober up a little bit man,” I sigh.

The cold water seems to snap him back to himself a little bit, not enough that he’s even close to sober, but enough that he’s not about to pass out from alcohol poisoning.

Once he notices that the water is freezing cold, he jumps out of it faster than I’ve ever seen him move in his life, grabbing about ten towels to try to dry him.

“You can borrow some of my clothes since I know you only packed enough for a day like always,” I roll my eyes at him and go to grab my suitcase. Pulling out a pair of jeans and a shirt I throw them at him and leave him to get changed as best as he can with all the alcohol clouding his mind.

I throw on a pair of jeans and one of my other shirts, fixing the collar so it looks right. Spraying on the aftershave Katy seemed to like so much four years ago and I’m about ready to go.

Sitting looking at the photos hanging on the wall in her living room gives me a slight insight into what her life has been like these four years.

There’s one of Katy and Amy, clearly wasted, at a bar. Both of them have cocktail umbrellas in their hair and both are pulling wacky faces at the camera, Katy with her tongue out and Amy doing this weird pout thing.

Katy looks so happy that it hits me that she doesn’t need me to be happy. She just needed to be free from her foster parents. Sure I must have helped all those years ago, but now I must be a reminder of the past for her. I just hope that she still wants me here.

A cough snaps me to look to the side at an awaiting Katy. She’s standing there in a stunning pink dress that flows down. It’s quite short in the front, about mid-thigh on her and flows down to her ankles at the back. On her feet are pair of black high heels that match the belt that goes around her waist. Her hair flows down her back in natural waves, looking soft and inviting.

The sight of her makes me drop my mouth open slightly and I’m convinced a little bit of drool must have travelled out as well.

I stand up slowly, never taking my eyes of her. She looks beautiful just like always.

I smile as I get closer to her and wrap my arms around her, taking in the smell of vanilla as it hits me and makes me feel sixteen again. She smiles up at me, her eyes sparkling like always.

“Mm… I’ve always loved that aftershave,” she sighs as she takes a deep breathe.

“I know, why do you think I still have a bottle of it,” I smile at her as she leans up to kiss me.

You have no idea how much I’ve missed kissing her.

Just as things start getting a little more passionate, Amy coming out of her bedroom snaps us out of our kiss.

“Ergh, get a room you two!” she gags at us.

“Gladly,” I smile at her and wink at Katy who just simply laughs.

“Too much information guys!” Amy gags again.

Kyle staggers out shortly after, his shirt inside out and only one leg in his trousers.

Shaking her head, Amy goes to his rescue sorting all his clothes out for him. Maybe Kyle shouldn’t be going out; I’ll have to keep an eye on him.

“Okay, let’s hit the town!” Amy shouts and tugs Kyle out into the corridor.

Katy shakes her head at her friend as we all pile into the lift and go down into the lobby. The lobby is basically empty except for Jason sitting by the entrance door.

“Hey Katy, Amy,” he nods at the girls as we get to where he’s sitting.

“Hey Jay,” they say back.

“Night on the town?” he asks.

“Yeah, thought I should show Dylan how to party right,” she smiles and winks at me.

“Hey I resent that, I think I’ve been doing pretty well on the partying side these past few years, and before I met you,” I smile down at her.

“Aw that’s because before you met me you we’re a lost soul sweetie, partying was the only thing you knew.”

“Well, you’re right about that one,” I smile and give her a peck on her lips.

“Ergh, someone give me a bucket!” Kyle shouts basically in my ear.

“Kyle… you’re a knob,” I smile at him, “and at least I can get some!”

“Oh, I think you just got burned Kyle!” Katy laughs and high fives me.

I look over at Jason to see him giving me a look that I’m convinced should have killed me; he must have it bad for Katy.

I lean down to Katy ear, whispering gently, “I think doorman has the serious hots for you.”

Looking at me with a shocked face as whispers back, “What makes you say that?”

“By the serious death glare he is currently giving me. I’m convinced this guy wants to burn me alive,” I say with a mock scared look on my face.

I see her slyly look at Jason from the corner of her eye and watch as she slightly frowns at what she sees.

“Okay, maybe we should leave now,” she says getting everyone else’s attention.

“I like you’re thinking,” I wink, “let’s go.”

We pull up to the club shortly after, the music thumping so loud that you could hear it from the Starbucks around the corner.

The que reaches all the way to the back of the building, with plenty of fed up faces filling it.

I start to make my way to the back of the line to join all the other clubbers when Katy grabs my hand.

“Now where do you think you’re going lover boy, we don’t que,” she winks.

Leading me to the front of the line to where the bouncer is standing, guarding the building with the red rope across the door.

He sees us making our way over, takes one look at Katy and opens the rope for us to enter, sending Amy a wink as he does so. Well, these girls know what they’re doing.

The club is just as filled as the ones in Las Vegas were, with plenty of people already drunk beyond control.

We make our way over to the bar and get a drink each, some more alcoholic than others, Kyle. I think sometime during the night I’m going have to cut him off.

“Let’s dance lover boy,” Katy whispers in my ear once she’s downed her vodka and red bull.

I let her lead the way to the dance floor, loving the way it feels to have her close to me as she moves.

Suddenly, I feel her stiffen in my arms.

Looking down at her to see what made her stop; I see her staring over my shoulder at something.

I look behind me to see what exactly she’s looking at, what I see stops my heart.

Standing there, lounging casually on the bar, staring straight back at Katy with a smug look is Michael.

He hasn’t changed much over the last four years; he’s still on the fat side his beer gut clearly showing through his shirt. His hair is greying, with dark grey streaks clear through the shagginess of his hair. His facial hair is longer than I remember, making him look homeless instead of the well of monster I know him to be.

The main difference though, is that he now has no hold on the thing that means the most to me. He can no longer control her, or tell her what to do. He is no longer her legal guardian; he is now nothing to her.

The smile he is giving Katy turns my stomach, making me want to punch that son of a b***h just like he deserves.

In fact, he deserves so much more than a simple punch, he deserves torture.

He slowly starts making his way through the crowd towards us, never taking his eyes off Katy.

After realising what he’s doing, I grab Katy’s hand tight and start making my way in the other direction, placing Katy in front of me out of his sight.

I can feel Katy shaking under my hands, and I can feel the cold sweat she’s broken into. I wrap my arms tighter around her waist, hoping to comfort her a little bit in this situation.

Out of nowhere, I feel a strong grip on my shoulder, pulling me back slightly as we reach the door. The stumble makes me lose my hold on Katy, leaving her standing alone.

I turn to see the disgusting smile of Michael in my face, the smell of beer floating off his breathe.

Swinging his arm back, I barely see the punch coming before it smacks me in the eyes, making me fall onto my back onto the floor.

The pain bursts through my right eye, making me clutch it in a desperate attempt to make the pain go away. 

I sit up, still clutching my eye, and try to stand up without pounding onto the floor again.

I look around frantically to get Katy so we can leave, only to see she’s not there. She’s not standing by the door where I last saw her or on the dance floor with everyone else.

A panic starts to spread in my chest, where the hell is she.

I burst through the club door into the humid street, looking up and down the street in such a fast motion that I click my neck.

“DYLAN!” I hear a scream from not far away; one that makes my heart beat ten times faster. The scared tone of her voice makes me terrified.

I look down the street, seeing many differently parked cars lining it, none that mean anything to me, until I reach the end one.

I see Katy’s screaming body being pushed into the back of a car, with none other than Michael doing the pushing.

Breaking out into a desperate sprint, I make my way over to the car that has now has Katy in it. I see Michael run around to go to the driver’s seat, showing me I that I don’t have much time.

I push myself faster, faster, until I finally reach the car.

I bang on the window where Katy’s terrified face meets me, tears streaming down her face as she tugs at the door handle.

I keep banging on it, hoping that maybe, just maybe I could magically break through the glass to get to her. I need to get to her.

I hear the car’s engine come to life, a noise that brings dread to my heart.

No this can’t be happening! I just got her back, I can’t lose her again.

The car starts moving away from the curb, making me jump back to avoid getting hit.

I keep banging, screaming, shouting, doing anything I can think of that could get her out of this car.

But nothing works.

The car goes speeding down the road, speeding away from me.

The last thing I see is Katy tear stricken face, filled with fear as the car turns the corner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 61.5K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
106K 2.2K 20
Young Dylan O'Brien fell head over heels for famous actress Katy. However after a drunken night, Katy ends up pregnant. Once the little girl is born...
1.9M 58.8K 51
[Highest Ranking - #5 in Teen Fiction] [Highest Ranking - #1 in Teen Pregnancy] PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "The Best Mistake" "She almost couldn't read out...
1.7K 40 21
You know the moment when you fall in love with a special someone. You expect high expectations and expect nothing to ever go wrong. We'll that's the...