This Love

Da maham_07

After roaming the same hallways for a long time what happens when Eva Evans and Carter William enter each oth... Altro

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Authors Note
Update

Chapter 45

456 83 46
Da maham_07

I screamed and sat right up, my heart beating so fast I feared it will escape my body. Small beads of sweat had formed on my forehead, I wiped them away using my hand. This was the third time I was having this nightmare. This time Rick had killed Carter with a knife.

I leaned against the headboard and closed my eyes, trying to even my breathing. These nightmares need to stop, they leave me exhausted, haunted and scared.

I turned to my side table and picked up my phone. It was one in the morning. I dialed Carter's number wanting to hear his voice, make sure he is okay. He picked up at third bell.

"Hey, why are you still up? Is everything okay?" He said and felt calm rush over me.

"I couldn't sleep" I replied closing my eyes.

"Is everything okay Eva?" He asked again.

I nodded then realised he can't see me.

"Yes, what were you doing?"

"I was about to go visit Drake but my mom send me back to my room. Apparently its a school night. I just realised my mom is really annoying"

I couldn't help but laugh.

"I like that sound" he stated making me blush. I thank God he wasn't here to see me.

"We went to the doctor the other day, he said I can go back to school. It will be fine, I just have to be careful, not exhaust myself"

"That's amazing, I can't wait to show you off in front of everyone. And you don't have to worry I'll be there to take care of you"

"That's sweet" I said smiling.

This version of Carter was so different and nice. He talked without thinking, he said things he felt lile saying, there was no barrier. The best part about this version was that it was just for me.

"You should go to sleep, its school night" I said.

After Carter hanged up I layed down again, sleep coming back to me in bits and pieces. As I was about to doze of I felt the door creak. I could feel my body become alert

"She's here" I heard Alex whisper and relaxed.

"What are you doing?" I said and sat up.

Both Alex and Daniel were standing in the doorway, dressed in their pj's and superman shirts.

"We were just making sure you were still here, we check everynight" said Daniel.

"We don't want you taken away again"
Added Alex.

"Don't tell mom, she'll get angry if she found out we stay awake at night"

"I won't" I replied my heart swelling.

"We'll go now" said Alex and they turned to leave.

"Wait-" I called out and they stopped in their tracks.

"I'm scared, can you sleep with me tonight?"

They both nodded with a smile on their faces and climbed on either side of me. Hugging each other we slept peacefully.

I didn't had a nightmare that night again.

............................

I was sitting in the living room, eating the soup mom had made for me. There was nothing on the television that I could watch. I flipped through the channels bored.

"Finish all of it" said my mom as she came in and sat next to me.

"I am trying" I replied talking a spoon full.

"Henry is coming back" she squecked next to me. "It will be so much fun when he comes, all of us together"

"That's great to hear" I said turning to look at her.

She nodded and faced the television with a smile.

"Mom I want to go back home" I said.

Her smile vanished aa quickly as it came. I could feel her body go rigit next to me.

"Of course not, your still-"

"I'm fine now mom and we've been here for too long, dad is lonely. I think its time for us to go back home"

"You're saying that just cause Henry's comin back" she said looking at me hungerily.

"No mom! I like Henry now, I have absolutely no problem with him its just that have you ever for once thought about dad? How alone he must feel? You have Henry mom he just has us. And I miss him, twins miss him, Millie wants him"

My mom didn't say anything, just sat there, her eyes glued to the screen.

"Don't take us away from him, he never did that to you" I said in a low voice.

..............................

I was on the phone when there was a knock at the door. I got up and went to the door, opening it to reveal Kaiden. He was wearing a red shirt with a ball cap that hid his eyes.

"Hey" he said looking up at me.

"Hi-"

"It was not me" he said stepping in, closing the door behind him.

"I would never do that, I didn't know those men, I wasn't part of that plan. If I had known they were going to kidnap you I would have never asked your help for the party, I would have never asked you to come."

"Kaiden relax" I said grabbing his shoulders.

"I know it wasn't you"

He relaxed a bit, releasing a breath.

"How are you?" He asked.

"I'm good"

"You should sit down" he said and holding my hand took me to the bed.

I sat down with Kaiden sitting next to me.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be here for you. I wanted to help find you but...but got caught up in other business."

"Its okay Kaiden just relax" I said putting a hand on his shoulder.

He was so tensed up, weak and broken. I don't know what is happening in his life, I want to help but how? Kaiden is a huge mystery just like Carter but unlike Carter's I don't want to solve this one. I feel this one won't have a happy ending.

"Anyway's I'm back now, you can call me for literally anything" he said with a smile.

I smiled back, nodding, happy to see him relax a bit. We talked after that, about everything in the world. Mom came in with some cookies and coffee, it felt like old times 

"Hey Kaiden do you know Abel?" I asked suddenly.

He was about to take a bite of his cookie but stopped. His expression changing from calm to serious again.

"He..he was part of the people who kidnapped me. He used to guard me" I said slowly, not wanting to make him uncomfortable. 

He placed the cookie back on the plate, his mind lost somewhere. Like a memory.

"Did he ask about me?" He said finally.

"N...no I....I asked him if you worked for them, he said not anymore. He seemed pretty angry at you" I replied.

"He has a right too"

Kaiden took a sip of his coffee and then looked at me directly.

"Eva, I need you to do something for me. I want you to ask Carter if he killed Abel"

...................................

Carter was leaning against the headboard, my head resting on his chest, counting his heartbeats.

"My mom wants to meet you" he said.

I looked up at him.

"My dad would be back this weekend, I want to introduce you to them as my girlfriend"

"That's great, I want to meet your parents again too" I said with a smile.

"Just be careful, their going to judge you the entire time"

I found myself pouting at that thought. What if they don't like me as Carter's girlfriend.

"Don't worry, you'll have me beside you"

I nodded, looking in his eyes. Suddenly the picture of him being beaten by Rick came to my mind again.

"Eva? Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yea yea-"

"Don't lie to me"

I sighed and sat up straight, turning to look at him. Seeing me he did the same, his face laced with concern. He leaned forward and held my hand.

"Carter....I...I'm having nightmares" I said in a low voice.

"Every night I see you die, every night Rick kills you in front of me and there is nothing I can do about that" I said my eyes tearing up.

"Its come to a point where I'm scared of sleeping at night, I'm scared someone will take you away from me in day. Everything is so beautiful I'm scared that all these perfect moments will be ruined-"

"Hey Eva, shh" said Carter hugging me instantly as I cried.

"Nothing is going to happen to us, everything is going to stay like this. We're going to be together, don't worry"

I cried on his shoulder, his shirt wet. It felt good to let it all out.

"I am here to protect you" he said.

I pulled away and looked at his beautifully sculptured face.

"And who is going to protect you?"

"Your love"

"My love isn't strong enought"

"Don't ever say that again, its my courage" said Carter looking at me.

He softly pulled my hair away from my face.

"Eva, no one is going to hurt you or me. You don't have to worry about Rick. I killed him" said Carter.

I looked up at him and Carter's expression changed, traces of shame on his face as he looked away.

"You shouldn't kill people Carter, no matter what" I said.

"I know, I was angry just really angry that day, he took you away from me. I couldn't forgive him."

Suddenly Kaiden came in my mind.

"Did you kill Abel?"

"No, he was the one who told me where you were. I just shot him in the arm so they wouldn't get suspicious"

I was surprised to hear this, Abel helped Carter find me? He helped me get out of there but why?

"Eva, I know its hard to forget what happened but I want you to remember its not going to happen again." He said holding my hands and I relaxed under his touch. 

...............................

COMMENT AND VOTE

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

214K 8.2K 40
Hey, I'm Bailey Johnson. Last year I started writing in this notebook, where I basically just wrote how I was feeling about things. So as you can gue...
Covered Edges Da Amara

Storie d'amore

1.2M 32.6K 35
"You're just too much fun to mess with," he jokes, his smile transforming into a glowing smirk. My cheeks heat, but this time with anger. My toleranc...
29.4K 976 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...