The Nerd Is A Player ✔

By EVanessaMary

When Tia Frederick, "Miss Player" and Alex Frederick, her older brother move to Australia. Tia starts a new c... More

The Nerd Is A Player
CHAPTER 1: Tia Frederick
CHAPTER 2: Meeting Him
CHAPTER 3: Crasher
CHAPTER 4: Throwing Challenges
CHAPTER 5: His Favourite Flavour
CHAPTER 6: That Guy
CHAPTER 7: Say It Once More
CHAPTER 9: We All Have Our Secrets That Make Us Weak
CHAPTER 10: My Turn Now
CHAPTER 11: A Little Sugar
CHAPTER 12: Meeting The Sutherland's
CHAPTER 13: Bad Timing
CHAPTER 14: Am I Making You Nervous?
Author's Note
CHAPTER 15: It's Raining, It's Pouring
CHAPTER 16: I'm In Love With Him
CHAPTER 17: Hot And Cold
CHAPTER 18: Misty
CHAPTER 19: Secrets
CHAPTER 20: Esperance
CHAPTER 21: Let The Fun Begin
CHAPTER 22: It Comes Crumbling Down
CHAPTER 23: Familiar White Walls
CHAPTER 24: Am I To Blame?
CHAPTER 25: Once A runner, Forever A Runner
CHAPTER 26: The Deadline Is Nearing
CHAPTER 27: Dancing Under The Moonlight
CHAPTER 28: Her Bold Confession
CHAPTER 29: Rivalry
CHAPTER 30: I am Cupid
CHAPTER 31: My Knight In Shining Armor
CHAPTER 32: Caught [PART 1]
CHAPTER 32: Caught [Part 2]
CHAPTER 33: We're Friends Now
CHAPTER 34: Visiting Mother & Father
CHAPTER 35: Safe In His Arms
CHAPTER 36: Realisation
CHAPTER 37: Much More
CHAPTER 38: You're Different Now
CHAPTER 39: Turn Around
CHAPTER 40: The Announcement
CHAPTER 41: Confrontation
Author's Note 2
CHAPTER 42: A Stranger's Advice
CHAPTER 43: My Decision
CHAPTER 44: I Let Go
Author's Note 3

CHAPTER 8: Bed Arrest

28.1K 973 236
By EVanessaMary

||CHAPTER 8: Bed Arrest||

Tia

It is the 18th of April, a day after my birthday. 

I look into the mirror, analyzing what I saw. First, I fix the school tie, before straightening the dark blue school skirt. I grumble, as I run the hair brush through my naturally, long brown hair.

'I look beautiful'

Yes, think I am arrogant but I was the most gorgeous girl in school. Don't blame me for having great genes. I lick my red lips before I exit the room, and down the stairs, into the kitchen. "Good Morning Alex." I smile, as I enter.

"Good morning, baby girl." Alex said, turning his head to greet me with a smile of his own. "How was last night, it was good wasn't it?"

I nod, smiling because it was indeed the greatest night in the world. At first, I was upset but later during the night, I was fine. Well, Logan was the main reason I was feeling better but now that I think about it, it was nothing.

I nod my head happily; it was indeed the greatest birthday party. Yes my mood was crushed, however I was fine. Well I did get help from Logan but it didn't mean anything to me. He's my rival, I mustn't accept kindness from him, because comforting me could be part of his plan.

It was clever.

"Alex, it was great." I said, "Though, I wish Logan and Lucas didn't crash." I complain, with a grim expression.

"Tia, there's not need to be rude." Alex said, his brows farrowing in disappointment. "You don't seem to mind Lucas but with Logan, it's different and I bet it's because he's similar to Andre."

I scowl, "Oh please Alex. I am nicer to Lucas because I need him in order to pass Year 11." I said.

All of a sudden, I felt my stomach tighten in pain. I panic, as I place my hands over my mouth but, it didn't stop the contents from escaping. I vomit on the tile floor, when I lean over.

"Tia!" Alex said, leaving the cooking, as he ran to comfort me. Alex's left arm was around my waist, whilst his right hand was on my back, "It's okay." His voice was calm, and sweet. With his right hand, he soothingly kneads my back, encouraging my body to relax.

I whimper in pain, tilting my head back. My breathing was heavy and my body felt weak. When I glance at the floor,I cringe in disgust. Whatever I had eaten last night, was now on the floor.

At the sight, I gag. 'Gross'

"Here, first have a shower and then we'll visit the doctor." He said, leading me out of the kitchen and up the staircase into the room. Alex didn't seem to care that he had a little vomit on him, or on me. Once I was in the bathroom, he removes the school uniform I was wearing because he knew i didn't mind if he saw me nude. Yes, we were brother and sister but it didn't matter.

"Tia, I'll go down stairs to clean." He said, before closing the bathroom door.

About 20 minutes later, I step out of the shower cubicle. Grabbing the towel on the handle, I wrap it around my petite figure. As I walk out, I couldn't stop the small smile, when I realize Alex had chosen clothes fro me. I start dressing into the hot pink lace bra, and matching panties, before wearing a light pink singlet, with a white cardigan and a pair of black jeggings. Alex had an excellent taste in fashion and as much as I hate to admit it, he was better than me.

"Tia? Here, let me do your hair." Entering the room, Alex made me sit in front of the dressing table, before grabbing a hairbrush and a black hair tie. He began brushing my long, brown hair back - towards him. Since I had natural curls, it would look great whenever I was going for a messy look.

Only if my hair was in a good mood.

'I swear it has a mind of its own.'

After collecting my hair in one hand, he tied it into a single ponytail.

"There." There was a look of pure satisfaction.

As we leave the room, and down the staircase. Alex was next to me, providing me a little bit of support. He led me outside our front door, before he left me for a few minutes to lock the door. Before I know it, we were at the hospital, waiting for the doctor because we had been here for 15 minutes. I don't think I can wait longer because I was worn out, and I want to vomit over the floor.

It was around half past 8 when....

"Tia Frederick"

"Here..." Alex said, instead of me. When I look towards the sound of his voice, I make eye contact with the doctor.

'Well, hello'

The doctor's gorgeous face left me speechless. He is very good looking; he should be in jail for being this handsome. This doctor had dark brown hair, with a little stubble on his face. To me, he did look quite familiar but I couldn't quite think. When I enter the room, I sat on the chair closer to the doctor's desk, while Alex took the chair next to mine.

"How are you, Tia?" He asked, smiling warmly.

"This morning, as I was about to eat breakfast, I started feeling nauseous. Then I began vomiting." I explain, "Right now, my head is hurting I have a splitting headache and I really don't want it."

There was a short chuckle from him, "That's the reason I am here." He said, his smile broadening. Then there's a knock on the door. "Yes, please come in."

A female nurse walks in, "Sorry for interrupting but Doctor Lisa would like to talk to you."

"I'm very sorry, I'll only be five minutes, Miss Tia." With this said, he leaves the room.

Right at that moment, Alex gushes. "He is attractive, Jesus." He said, with a sigh. "I think him and I are the same age!"

"Alex, he might be straight." I said, giggling at Alex's fangirl state.

Unlike me, Alex wasn't against being in a relationship. Despite his last partner being a cheater who left Alex for a girl. I think that's the reason he doesn't like me messing around with someone's heart. He'll keep telling me, karma will bite me in the ass. Well, he can keep dreaming because it will never ever happen to me.

"I know, and it's not fair." Alex pouts, whining like a little child. "Oh-" He was about to start talking, but the Doctor Peter walks in.

"I'm back." He said, moving next to me.

"How is she, Doctor?" Alex ask, uneasiness in his voice.

"Please Alex, it is Peter." He said, "Tia, I am going to first check your blood pressure, then your temperature. "

I nod, "Okay." I said.

About five to ten minutes later, Peter starts typing on the computer. "You have high blood pressure but it isn't unusual. However, no drinking! Well, you're underage, you shouldn't be drinking and I hope you're not." I give him a guilty smile, "Your temperature is 38°, you definitely have a fever." He starts typing on his computer, "I am going to ask you to take a break from school and other activities for two days. Drink plenty of water."

This made me frown; I didn't want to be sick. I had parties, and hearts to break. I can't believe I'm thinking this but, I have school. The faster I get a B, the faster I get rid of Lucas. I know he's wasting his time to help me learn but I didn't want part in the whole tutoring ordeal.

I did not like Nerds.

I know I was ungrateful, because Logan was the one to comfort me last night but, I didn't like them.

'Lies'

I grumble, breaking apart from from dreamworld. I start listening to the conversation between Doctor Peter, and Alex. I couldn't help but chuckle at what I hear next, "Oh and, I am straight." He said, smirking at Alex, who had the look of shock on his face. "You realize I was standing outside, when I was talking to the other doctor, right?" He goes on, the smirk on his face never leaving. Alex's face turns bright red in embarrassment; he couldn't make eye contact with Peter.

"I-I" Alex stammered, his voice soft. "I was joking." With haste, he stood from his seat before running out the door.

"I better better follow before he leaves me in the hospital." I said, as I stand up. Nodding his head, he gives me the prescription and doctor's certificate. He moves over to the door, opening it for me. "Thank you." I said, politely, before stepping out in the room with awaiting patients.

"You're welcome and be careful." Peter said, smiling. "Oh and tell Alex, it was nice meeting him." His voice was rather loud when he spoke and he wasn't looking at me. When I turn around, I saw Alex hitting his head on the glass window.

I bid him farewell, then started walking toward Alex, the idiot. Once he was calm, we walk to his car, and I enter it after he'd pressed the unlock button. "Before I forget, I was talking to the WMC principal earlier, and he said he'll send Logan over this evening."

"Alright." I mumble, "Wait a minute. Logan, as in Logan Sutherland?" I ask, when I realize whose name he had said. I thought Lucas was the tutor, not that stupid, arrogant imbecile. "But Lucas tutors me, not Logan." I state, my eyes narrowing into thin slits.

"According to the school, Lucas isn't at school and Logan is." He shrugs, his mind concentrating on backing up the car before driving onto the road.

"I don't want him in the house!" I argue, furiously. "I don't care if he's been here before; I don't want him because I don't like him."

'Lies'

Alex doesn't respond to my ongoing complaints. I was frustrated because he wasn't listening to me, he pretended like I wasn't there. However that didn't stop me, I continue to complain about the situation until we reach home. "Please call the stupid school and tell the principal I don't want him. It's nine-thirty four, there's a lot of time to inform him." I said, after I having a look at the time in the car.

"Too late, he's here." He spoke, parking the car in front of the house. Alex was right; Logan was here, standing at the front door, now facing the car. He had his stupid infamous smirk on his face - thus making me want to hit his hideous face.

.

How could people find this asshole attractive?

I undo the seat belt before opening the car door; I step out and walk in his direction - not bothering to close the door . "You're not meant to be here, Sutherland." I shout, "You're meant to be in sch-"

I felt my ears pop; the noise was distant and faded. My vision becomes extremely blurry; the darkness starts to cloud my eyes before my body falls onto the ground.

**

Hey everyone!

I hope you like this chapter despite it being short!
Firstly, yes Tia changes in front of Alex. Seriously, they're BROTHER AND SISTER, stop sexualizing bodies!

COMMENT VOTE FAN & SHARE.

Love, E. V. M.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327K 12K 80
Order of Series- book 1- Loathing Logan Book 2- Still In Love With You Book 3- Loving Your Imperfections Book 4- The Best Friend's Deal (...
6.3K 256 40
'We have a new student with us today.' For Anna, the arrival of a new student shouldn't have changed her life so much, but it did. Anna had always st...
1.3K 72 42
While we sat at our table eating lunch. A few of the queen bee's minions crossed by, sending death glares towards us which is getting old by now. Au...
263 108 9
Your Romance is here!! __________________________ Where are you looking at? The Summary is given below my sweet intruder! ;) By the way you are welc...