Dreams, Not So Romantic ✔(A T...

By soulfulSAZ

Highest ranking #1 in Spiritual uncountable times Alhumdulillah.. #2 in Spiritual 10 plus times Alhumdulillah... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Authors note :)
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
A Request.. (Old)
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
A/N (Old)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Not An Update..🙉 (Old)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34 (1)
Chapter 34 (2)
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Covers..
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 (1)
Chapter 38 (2)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (1)
Chapter 41 (2)
Chapter 42
Chapter 43 (1)
Chapter 43 (2)
Chapter 44
Last Chapter
Epilogue
Sarah's Pregnancy #Bonus Chapter
In The Pursuit of Love

Chapter 33

20.3K 1.1K 211
By soulfulSAZ

Assalamualaikum beautiful readers!! So as I had told you all earlier that I had written a short story 'The Broken Path' for a one shot competition.. And ..I WON it. Alhumdulillah.. So all I ask you to go and read the story and vote and comment..thats it. And thank u all who have already done that. Enjoy.

Sarah

Every morning brings something new for everyone of us, but this morning was about to bring me a whole lot of embarrassment. I couldnt sleep peacefully the whole night as I kept thinking, how in the world am I going to face uncle and aunty. I opened my eyes and came face to face with him and soon enough, last night's image flashed infront of my eyes making me blush. Our first kiss. As usual I was wrapped in his arms, our bodies mere inches apart as I looked at his handsome face, sleeping peacefully.

Reaching forward hesitatingly, I touched his cheek and then raised my hand to remove the strand of hair which was disturbing his sleep. As I caressed his cheek, a small smile graced my lips, and I didnt realised when my hand reached his lips. After hesitating for a few seconds, I touched his lips with my thumb and instantly his lips twitched upwards making me frown.

"Being bold my darling wife?" he said with his eyes shut and I immediately pulled my hand back and looked down as my heart started beating rapidly. I tried to wiggle out of his embrace but to no use, instead he pulled me even further if that was possible, and my face landed on his chest as he kept his chin on my head.

Talk about awkward.

And he wasnt sleeping, but was pretending to be asleep. And I was touching his face.. Ya Allah, please let this earth open and swallow me right now.

"Y-Yazan l-leave me..we are g-getting l-late for o-office" I stuttered while he chuckled and replied with a,

"Nope" popping the p. I kept on trying to free myself from his embrace, but who was I fooling, he is way stronger than me.

"Yazan..cant breathe..Leave me" I whined as my voice came out muffled and he chuckled and loosened his hold as I glared at him all the while trying to calm my heart which was going crazy on his nearness and his touch.

"Let me go. Uncle and aunty must be arriving" I said pushing him a little and he again pulled me towards himself shaking his head.

"Only on one condition" he said raising his index finger and I gulped. Seeing the look on his face, I knew something very horrible was coming.

"W-what?" I asked and he smiled while having a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"You will have to kiss me" he said patting his lips with his index finger. My eyes widened and I looked away while trying to hide the blush as my stomach did somersaults as I again remembered the experience of our first kiss.

At that very moment, the bell rang indicating the arrival of our parents and I took a sigh of relief, that now he will leave me. But to my dismay, he never did. I kept looking at him for a whole minute thinking he would free me from his embrace, but no, as he kept smirking.

"Yazan, uncle and aunty are standing at the door" I said in a duh tone.

"Complete the condition and I'll leave you" he said and I sighed defeatedly.

"Okay" and he grinned. I propped on my elbow and he loosened his grip on me as I started leaning towards him slowly. He kept looking at me with intensity and his hands fell to the sides when I was just inches apart and he closed his eyes, while it was my time to smirk now. Raising my hand, I slapped his forehead lightly and before he could react, I pushed him and ran out of the bed and into the washroom.

I stood at the entrance laughing hysterically at his expression, "Thats what you get for not listening to me" I said as he kept staring at me with dropped jaw and wide eyes.

"Now go and open the door. I'll change and come" I said and before he could regain his senses and run after my dear life, I locked the washroom door. "You'll have to pay for this" he said banging the door making me laugh all the more.

As I came out, the fear of facing them gripped me again and very slowly I walked out and descended down the stairs. I kept looking here and there trying to avoid them, but then his voice came,

"Sarah, come fast, ammi and dad are waiting"

"Coming" I said and ran towards the living room and said my salams entering the room. I asked them about their health and sat hoping and crossing my fingers that they dont say or ask anything about yesterday night.

"How is office going beta?" uncle asked looking at me and I smiled.

"Alhumdulillah, fine uncle"

"Okay, we will freshen up and then come back" aunty said getting up and I took a sigh of relief. Well, that was easy.

"Ammi, why did you both leave yesterday" came his amused voice and my head snapped towards him who was looking at me with a smirk. Oh how I wanted to wipe that smirk off his face.

"I dont know beta. Till the time I was unloading the luggage and was clearing off the cab fare, she came out and said that she wanted to visit our aunt" uncle said looking at aunty and aunty looked at me making me look down in nervousness as I started rubbing my hands, and I felt my heart stopping, dreading aunty's reply.

"I told you na, that I just wanted to visit aunty. And Yazan you are still in your night clothes, dont you have to leave for office" aunty said glaring at Yazan and the grabbed uncle's arm and dragged him to their room. I took a deep breath and kept my hand on my forehead, then said to their retreating backs,

"I'll prepare breakfast" having said this I turned towards my darling husband and kept my hands on my waist as I glared at him. He stood up grinning and walked towards me.

"That's what you get for not listening to me" he whispered in my ear as he leaned in, his breath fanning my neck. He then blew softly over my ear, making my eyes shut and my fists clenched at my sides as my heart turned into an overdrive. I was literally shivering and my legs were all wobbly as I waited for him to continue his torture, but then everything was silent. After waiting for a few seconds, I peeped open an eye and peeked around, to find him nowhere. I looked around, but he wasnt there. It was as if he became invisible.

Aarghhh.. I hate him.

"He is very bad" I stomped my foot and was ready to walk away when aunty's amused voice came, "Who is very bad?" and I turned around as she came and stood infront of me with an innocent face.

"Umm..this" I said pointing towards the carpet beneath my foot, "I was about to fall, as my foot stuck in it" I said laughing awkwardly and she nooded.

"Lets go prepare breakfast" she said and I followed her, after releasing the breath, which I didnt knew I was holding for long. I wasnt feeling very well since the morning. A sudden stomach ache kept rising at paused intervals, and I felt pukish. But keeping my expressions normal I started making breakfast with aunty. Aunty called uncle and Yazan for breakfast and as I kept the last bowl on the table, I couldnt control any longer, and covering my mouth with my hand, I ran past Yazan and into the washroom, as I emptied all the contents. Well, it was just bile as I hadnt eaten anything yet. I cleaned my mouth and stood up as I kept hearing the worried voices of Yazan and aunty.

"Sarah, are you okay? Open the door" Yazan said banging on the door. As I stood up, my head spun all of a sudden making me sway a little and I held the tap to save myself from falling. Slowly and steadily, I walked upto the door and opened it, as they both heaved a sigh a relief on seeing me.

"Hey, you okay?" Yazan asked worry lacing his voice as he came near me and instantly I took a step back, indicating him with my eyes that aunty was standing there. He made a tsk sound and nevertheless came forward and grabbed my arm, giving me support, which I was so in need of. I was feeling tired all of a sudden and just wanted to sleep.

"Are you okay beta?" aunty asked with concern keeping her hand on my forehead and I smiled and held her hand.

"I am fine aunty. Lets eat something and I'll be fine" I said and a sudden pain shot through my stomach and I walked further to hide away the pain, which will apparantly be visible on my face.

"Dont worry guyz. Come or else we'll be late for office" I said walking ahead and Yazan replied sternly,

"Oh no, you are staying at home and will take rest"

"Oh ye-" as I was saying this, my head spun again and I held my head to calm myself, but instead everything around me spun and soon turned black as I fell into darkness.

I could hear the worried voices of my loved ones, but I couldnt open my eyes, even after much struggle. "Sarah" I heard his panicked voice as I felt someone hold my hand, and I tried to open my eyes but I couldnt. I felt water on my face and then I regained consciousness as I slowly opened my eyes to see my handsome husband crouched infront of me holding my hand and worry evident in his eyes.

"You okay? Here drink water" he said forwarding me the glass of water and I smiled tiredly and tried to get up but then fell back, feeling drained of energy. He immediately came forward and kept his hand behind my back to give me support and made me drink water. It was embarrassing, him near me and his parents standing there watching us.

"Drink water beta, you'll feel better" uncle said.

"Aftab, call the doctor" aunty said. It was evident in their eyes, how much they were worried for me, and I felt the happiest person of the world as I have so many people who love me.

I took a sip of water and the urge to vomit came back again. I pushed Yazan and with the little bit of energy left in me, I ran towards the washroom covering my mouth and again emptied my stomach, if anything was left even. No seriously, I felt like my stomach was vacant, not even an organ was left.

I came out to see Yazan standing, with a towel and a glass of water. I smiled gratefully at him and took the towel from his hands and wiped my face. He came next to me and wrapped his arm around me from side as I leaned into him and rested my head on his shoulder and he held me firm.

We walked further and then I stopped suddenly, "Wait" I said and he looked at me with a frown, "I remember I fell here.. How come I reached the sofa in the living room" I asked and he grinned.

"I did what I wanted to do last night. I carried you, darling" he said and my eyes widened. Ya Allah. Infront of uncle and aunty. Can someone please make me invisible.

But before I could say any further, he pulled me closer and again wrapped his arm around me.

"Dont bother yourself. It was not embarrassing as you think it is. They are our parents. I want to focus on more important things right now. What happened to you Sarah.... But, dont worry, dad must be coming with the doctor" he said and without thinking any further, I rested my head on his shoulder and he held me by my waist, supporting me.

"I dont know. My stomach is also paining" I said clutching my stomach and he immediately made me lie down in the guest room and covered me with a duvet. He then sat next to me and started stroking my head as his lips moved, indicating that he was reciting some dua'as and then blew them over me making me smile. The gesture, the concern almost took my breath away and I kept staring at his face.

"Here beta, drink this. Its a desi medicine. You'll feel better till the doctor comes" aunty said entering the room with a glass of horrible looking drink in her hand. Ya Allah, save me from this torment. I very well knew what kind of desi medicine it was. Mamma always made me drink such types and believe me, they were horrible.

Taking the glass in my hand, as Yazan gave me support and I sat up, I made a face and brought the drink close to my mouth. It smelled horrible and I was already feeling pukish, "Aunty, I-I think, I'll be better without this" I said returning the glass and she glared at me.

"No reasons. I know all you kids very well. You can eat all those big ball-like tablets, and you cannot drink this which is healthy. Drink" and I remembered the exact same words by mamma.

All desi moms are the same, I guess. Making a face I then slowly brought the glass near my mouth.

"I think I know what happened to Sarah" came aunty's voice, but all my attention was towards that dangerous medicine that I was holding in my hand. I could hear something to the lines of grandmother or something, but I didnt paid attention to it and very sportingly took a sip.

"Sarah is pregnant" aunty squealed and all the contents in my mouth came out all at once as my head snapped towards aunty and then Yazan, whose eyes were equally wide and ears all red. He glanced at me and I immediately looked away as I felt my face heating up.

"Oh beta, dont worry, I'll clean it up" aunty said and taking some tissues she started cleaning and I tried to stop her, but she didnt let me, saying that I will have to rest only.

"Ammi, how can you say that? Let the doctor come" Yazan said embarrassed and I didnt dare look up. Me and Yazan, both knew that it wasnt possible, not yet.

"Why not? She has been throwing up since morning and she fell unconscious too" she said with a glint in her eyes while her voice held excitement. I was mortified to the extreme and I knew my face must have become a red tomato. I slowly peeked up at him and he was looking away, rubbing the back of his neck, while blushing? Oh yeah..It will be a lie if I say that I didnt see a hint of a blush on his cheek.

"Doctor here" I heard uncle's voice and he entered with a lady doctor. Alhumdulillah, I wasnt wearing hijab and in no way I was going to get checked by a male doctor. She checked me and then turned towards them,

"Its a case of food poisoning" and I saw aunty's face fell, but within a second was back to her usual smiling self. I actually felt bad, she was so happy with just the thought, but then I ruined it.

"What did you both eat yesterday?" uncle inquired looking at Yazan and he thought for a while and then answered, "Biryani..but we both ate it. I am perfectly fine, Alhumdulillah... Sarah, what did you eat before that" he suddenly turned towards me and raised his eyebrow looking all serious and I looked down rubbing my hands.

"Umm..I-I ate golgappay while returning from office" I muttered slowly and he made a tsk sound. I didnt dare look at him and his scrutinizing gaze as I feared his response.

"Dont worry Mr. Siddiqui. Girls tend to like these things and you wont understand that" she said and winked at me making me smile, "I'll give her an injection and she'll be fine" she said and my head snapped towards her.

"Noo"I almost shouted and all the heads were towards me, "I-I mean, you can give me medicines. Injection is not necessary, right" I said smiling awkwardly and Yazan raised his eyebrow. Ya Allah, please no injection. You know how much I fear them. Please.

"Sarah, dont act like a child, I am already upset with you for eating the street food. Doctor please give her injection" Yazan said sternly and I looked at uncle and aunty with puppy eyes.

"Sarah, beta you are a strong girl and you will get well soon" aunty said coming forward and cupped my cheek and I shook my head. Yazan then sighed and walked to the other side of the bed and climbed on the bed next to me. What was he doing?

I frowned and he looked at uncle and aunty and they both smiled and left the room. He then nodded towards the doctor and I knew what he was he going to do. I immediately crossed my arms shaking my head, "No" I again said and he came forward and cupped my cheeks as I felt my vision blurred.

"Sarah, look at me darling. Dont think about it. You'll be fine" he said close to my face, his minty breath touching my nostrils making me lose my senses. He caressed my cheek with the back of his hand and I was lost in his touch for a moment. I felt something prick my arm and I looked to my side to see that the doctor was injecting me.

"Yazaan" I screamed looking away and wrapped my other arm around his neck and hugged him tightly as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Sshh..darling, its okay, its done" he said rubbing my back and kissed my head above my hair.

"Dont worry, Mr. Siddiqui she'll be fine. I'll give the medicines to your mother. Take care Sarah" I heard the doctor say, but I didnt move away from his embrace and he wrapped his arms around me and stroked my head from time to time.

"You okay" he asked and I hummed as I felt sleep take over me.

"I hate injections" I said, my eyes droopy.

"I know darling, I know and I am sorry" he said tightening his hold on me.

"I want to sleep" I said and he freed me from his embrace and made me lie down as I held his hand and closed my eyes.

"Dont fall sick ever again. I cant see you like this" I heard him say with pain and then felt him drop a long gentle kiss on my forehead as I fell into a deep slumber having a small smile on my lips.

I woke up and saw Yazan, sitting next to me, his head resting on the headboard, his one hand in mine and the other resting on my head, as he slept with his mouth slightly open. A small laugh escaped my lips as I removed his hand from my head slowly and tried to get up but before I could do that, he woke up with a startle,

"You okay?" he asked in a panic looling all over me and I smiled and nodded.

"I am fine Yazan" I said in a hoarse voice keeping my hand on his. I was parched. Getting a hint of my voice, he immediately made me drink water.

"You didnt go to office" I asked as he helped me in sitting and kept a pillow at my back.

"You were sick, how could I go to office"

"Yazan, uncle and aunty are here. You should go to office" I said as I looked at the clock. It was 12 noon.

"Oh and I didnt send my leave to Hiba mam. Sorry, I guess I took advantage of your position. I know how rules matter to you" I said searching for my phone and he stopped me.

"When its you, rules dont matter" he said looking straight into my eyes and my heart skipped a beat, "besides I had already told them" and I nodded clearing my throat and looked away as the moment was getting intense.

Suddenly I heard some commotion outside and then I heard Wali's voice. I instantly grinned and looked at Yazan who told me that he had called them.

"Yazan, please go to office. You had meetings today. I am perfectly fine and now mamma baba are also here. Also Hiba mam must be waiting for you" I winked and he rolled his eyes making a face making me chuckle, "But- stay away from her" I said with a serious expression raising my index finger and he raised his hands in surrender making me smile.

"Okay" he said and suddenly came closer and without warning pecked my lips quickly, making me freeze on the spot. I sat there still, as he cupped my cheeks and whispered,

"Take care. I love you"

With this he jumped off the bed and left leaving me all flushed.

"Well, look who's sick? Haddiii" entered Wali and did a hand shake with Yazan and then turned towards me. With him entered mamma and baba and we both greeted them.

" Haddi, I heard that you had food poisoning, then why is your face all red. You sure its not some allergy" he said sitting next to me keeping a hand on my face amd I immediately looked at Yazan, who was trying to hide his smile.

I hate you Yazan Siddiqui.

"Umm..I'll leave for office now. I'll see you guyz in the evening, Inn Shaa Allah" Yazan said and left.

"You know tomorrow is my birthday. So have you purchased a gift for me" Wali suddenly asked wiggling his eyebrows making me look away from my husband's retreating back.

Oops. I forgot his birthday. He'll eat me raw.

"Walii.. Why are you bothering your sister" baba said with a warning making me laugh at his expressions and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Baba, you know I am joking" he whined making everyone laugh. The day went like this, me eating horrible soups and medicines and sleeping.

In the evening Yazan came back early as usual and directly came in the guest room, where I was being made to drink the soup forcibly, by aunty.

"My stomach's full aunty" I whined and she glared at me when Yazan entered.

"What's happening?"

"Oh thank Allah, you came. My daughter and your wife here is one cranky girl. She just had two spoons of soup and is saying that her stomach is full" aunty said rolling her eyes making me chuckle and I looked at Yazan who was watching us in amusement.

"Where are uncle and aunty" he said removing his coat and tie and he looked so.. Shaking my head at my thoughts, I replied him sadly, "They left"

"Yazan, now its your duty to make her drink this whole bowl of soup, like you did with the injection" aunty said winking at me making me blush profusely and Yazan immediately took the bowl from her hands and forced her out saying she needs to rest.

He then came to sit next to me and said, "Dont worry. We'll go to meet them tomorrow. Its Wali's birthday" he said and I looked at him with a raised brow.

He smiled and said, "I heard him demanding a gift from you and I have bought a gift. So you dont need to worry"

"You didnt need to. He was joking" I said and he pushed a spoon of soup in my mouth making me glare at him.

"I know. He is my brother too. And now keep quiet and finish this or else I have other ways too to make you stop talking" he said glancing at my lips and I looked away as heat crept up to my face and my heart started drumming.

The next day we were on our way to my home when Yazan asked for the 100th time making me groan, "You sure you are okay, Sarah? We can still go back if you are not feeling well"

"Yazan, I swear if you ask me one more time, I'll jump off the car"

"Okay. I am sorry for caring about you" he replied looking ahead and I regretted snapping at him.

"I am fine Yaz, I really am" I said softly keeping my hand on his and he looked at me and grinned.

"What?"

"You called me Yaz. So I guess thats my new nickname" he said wiggling his eyebrows and I smiled and looked away, not realising when I called him Yaz. We entered the house with the same question, by mamma and baba, "How are you?" and I groaned and Yazan chuckled as he answered for me telling them the story of my mood on this question as I went to find Wali.

"Hey birthday boy" I teased Wali upon entering his room and he rolled his eyes.

"What am I? A two year old?" he said and I hugged him tightly and then Yazan hugged him presenting him with the gift. I wonder what is in that.

"Yazan beta, you didnt have to do that. He is not a kid anymore" mamma said and we smiled.

"But he is for you all and for me" Yazan replied while Wali said in a raised voice while opening the big gift, "Love you bhai" making him chuckle.

"I didnt ask you, what's in that big box" I asked standing next to him as we all watched Wali tearing up the wrapper.

"You'll see" he just said and I nodded looking at him. He is making me fall for him all the more, with his cute little gestures, his love and his care. Wali's scream broke me from my trance and I looked at him running towards us with the gift in his hand.

"Yazan bhai, thank you so much" he literally jumped on him and he laughed patting his back as I peeped to see the gift and my eyes widened.

"You gave him a PS3" I said shocked, my eyes ready to pop out of their sockets and he shrugged.

A freaking PS3. I cant believe it.

"You didnt tell me" I said turning towards him and crossed my arms over my chest while he frowned. He looked at Wali and raised his eyebrows as if asking what was wrong with me.

Mamma was in the kitchen, while baba had gone out for some work, and Wali was already connecting his personal PS3 to the television. Huh.

"She is mad because you gave a PS3 to me and not her" Wali said amused as I looked away, jealousy getting over me. Yazan came and stood infront of me with wide eyes,

"You like playing playstation?" he asked surprised and then came Wali's voice next to me as he wrapped his arm around me, "Oh she loves playing games. And PS3 was actually our dream" he said tightening his hold around my neck and I looked away as if showing anger. Well I was, angry and jealous. Playstation is pure divine, and I didnt get to even touch it, let alone play it.

We had dinner and then were on our way to home, when Yazan stopped the car at an icecream parlour, making me smile instantly. He chuckled on seeing me and pinched my nose.

"Its so easy to make you happy"

"Yeah, so pray two rakat shukrana when we reach home, that you got an amazing wife like me" I said with pride crossing my hands over my chest and he laughed.

"Oh I shouldnt have treated you with icecream" he said facepalming himself making me frown.

"Why?" I asked devouring the best thing on earth.

"Because, just yesterday, you were throwing up because of food poisoning" he said in a duh tone and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh come on! Dont act like baba..I am perfectly fine and this is not some unhealthy roadside icecream. Its healthy" I said and tried to take a spoon from his icecream but he backed away, making me pout.

"Healthy, for what? Your mood?" he said and I nodded grinning while he chuckled and we went back home.

At home, instead of going upstairs, he went in the living room, making me groan and I followed him.

"Yazan, its not the time to watch tv. I am tired and sleepy. Lets go sleep" I said whining and entered the living room. He stood in front of the tv holding something in his hand, smiling at me,

"Wanna try?" he asked as I went closer and saw that he was indeed holding a remote control of playstation in his hand. My jaw dropped as my hand flew to my mouth and I looked at him to see him grinning like a maniac. I squealed and jumped on him taking him by surprise as he staggered a few steps back and laughed.

"Oh my Allah! When did you do that?" I asked taking the remote from his hand and he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well, I ordered it from your parent's house, when Wali told me that you like playing games" he said and I felt the happiest person on earth. Not because he bought me an expensive playstation, but because of his love, his care, how he pays attention to minute details about me, everything.

I love him. And I think its high time, that I confess my feelings for him.

Uff..longest chap till now!! Vote and comment guyz... Pls pretty pls.

JazakAllahu kaseeran kaseera for all your support.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 1K 22
Nyla Azim is loved as much as she is hated. She is outspoken, extroverted, and too deep in her own thoughts to care what other people think about her...
JUNOON || جنون By Ira

Historical Fiction

9.5K 527 20
An arranged marriage between two contrasting yet similar people. Will it work? Urwa Shah A nineteen year old girl filled with dreams. A strict father...
287K 28K 67
#1 in spiritual in 16/6/2019 Previously known as " My very own hijabi" Two young people finding shelter within each other from the world and its evi...
9.4K 739 18
"I can't marry you," the words slipped out of her mouth, paining her in the process. "Why?" He questioned, "Feiha, you know how I feel for you and I...