This Love

By maham_07

After roaming the same hallways for a long time what happens when Eva Evans and Carter William enter each oth... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Authors Note
Update

Chapter 25

493 93 77
By maham_07

I groaned as I heard the alarm go off. Taking my hand out of the blanket I stopped the piercing sound, Its was monday again. Getting up from I made my way to the bathroom, freshing myself. Its a struggle, trying to get ready for school.

As I made my way down I could smell the delecious food my father was making. The twins were playing with their food. It still amazes me how my father manages to do all this alone, raising four kids as if he's a pro.

"Good morning" I said as I sat next to Daniel.

"Morning" said my father, placing my food filled plate in front of me.

I thanked him and digged into my food. From the distant I heard the horn of the bus.

"Come on, lets go" said dad, grabbing the twin's bags as they scrambled off their chairs.

After helping them with the bags, my dad went out to drop them off. You can never trust these twins, they could run to the park instead of the bus.

"BYE EVA" they screamed as they left.

"Bye" I replied back.

My dad came back after dropping them, making his breakfast now. As I ate, savouring the taste, it suddenly clicked me.

"Dad? What happened to that offer you got? To cater at a wedding?"

"Oh yea, I completely forgot. I'll call them today, telling I can't come." He replied.

"What! Dad, no! You have to go, this is a big offer, bigger than all the previous ones you got"

"I know Eva but I can't leave you all alone here"

"Dad, it will be fine believe me, mom is here she'll take care okay? She has to, we're her kids too"

"I know Eva, I'm actually not worried about the twins and Millie. Its you I'm worried about." He said, taking the fried eggs out of the pan.

"What? Me?" I asked looking at me wierdly. Why is he worried about me?

"Because you won't stay with your mom and I just can't leave you here alone" He said sitting opposite me, his

"Dad, I can take care of myself"

"I know you can but-"

"OKAY FINE! I'll stay with mom" I announced.

He looked at me then back at his plate taking a bite.

"Even if you stay you will fight and-"

"I don't fight with her" I huffed. He stopped eating at looked at me sternly.

"Well I used to fight, not anymore"

"He sighed and closes his eyes, thinking. I really want him to take this offer, its good for him. He would do what he always wanted to do and there's also enough money coming with this.

"Dad we'll be fine don't worry about us. I would stay with mom and be a good daughter okay? She's my mom and I think its good of I spend sometime with her, its been long" I said softly, hoping he would let go of his worries about us and for once think about himself.

"Okay, I'll think about it" he said.

"No dad you have to promise you'll go" I said urging him.

He took another moment to think and then finally gave in.

"Okay, I'll do it" he said with a smile.

.............................

I ran into the school, the talk with dad earlier had gotten me a little late. I made my way to the english class hoping Miss Jean wasn't there yet. As I entered the class I was relieved she wasn't there. There were students settling in.I made my way to my usual seat and collapsed on it.

After catching my breath, I looked up and saw Carter come in with his friends. Its been days since I last saw him. He looked gorgeous as usual. He looked at me as he entered but I quickly looked away. I can't have Carter thoughts in me.

I have thought about this since I came back from the hospital. My feelings for Carter are just temporarily, I'm just like any other girl in this school who fell for his charm, he is likeable but he's not for me.

Carter and me can never happen, its just stupid to even think about something like that. He lives in a completely different world than me and no matter how much I try or want, I can never fit in his world.

Besides he has a girlfriend and no matter how much I hate Caroline, Carter likes her, I mean he was with her before she went away and he is with her now. If your not nieve you can tell that Carter wants to be with her and she's perfect for him too, just the kind of girl you imagine with Carter and I can't be that.

I feel him pass me by, from the corner of my eye I could see his dark blue jeans but instead of going to his usual back of the class seat he slipped in the seat beside me. My body became full alert of the person sitting behind me.

"Hey" I heard him say, turning around I looked at him. He was sitting alone behind me, the rest of his friends were at the back.

"Hi" I replied and then turned back around.

"Can you give me the lecture notes of english, I missed some classes"

I grabbed my notebook and opened it, ruffling through the pages to find the notes from last week. Turning around I handed him the notebook, making sure not to have any eye contact.

"Why I are you ignoring me?" He asked.

I looked up at him and saw him looking directly at me.

"I'm not ignoring you" I replied.

"Gosh, its so hard to understand you Eva" he huffed.

"You don't have to"

"But I want to"

I paused and looked at him again. He wants to understand me? I don't even understand myself.

"Where did you go after you came to my house that day" I asked.

He looked at me a little confused.

"You seemed in a hurry"

"Oh I went back to my house" he replied simply.

LIAR! LIAR! he is such a big liar.

Before I could say anything else, I heard someone run. Kaiden scooted in the seat next to me. I could feel Carter tense up, I choose not to see him.

"Hey" said Kaiden looking at me.

He looked better than before, fresher. His hair pulled back in the classic way. I honestly felt relived to see him like this, these days he wasn't acting like the carefree Kaiden I have known.

"Hi" I replied back.

Turning back around I focused on my pen instead of the two boys surrounding me. I could feel the tension in the air, the awkwardness created. After a few minutes I heard ruffling behind me.

Carter had gotten up and from the corner of my eye I saw him go at the back, where his friends were.

Looking back ahead I saw Miss Jean enter the class, placing her handbag down gently on the table she looked up.

"Look who decided to show up, Carter and Kaiden"

..........................

It was about nine when I said goodbye to Sally's cafe and walked back home. I was doing an extra shift today as laila was on a leave. I don't really mind extra shifts when I'm free, it keeps me busy and gives money.

I wasn't on my bicycle today as Ally dropped me off. I felt my phone vibrate in my jeans pocket, taking it out I saw it was a text from dad asking me when I was coming back home.

I replied him back that I was on my way.I heard footsteps behind me and suddenly I felt my body become full alert. A strange kind of fear enveloping me slowly.

I turned around slowly, ready to attack but there was no one behind me. I was alone standing in the street. There was a lane further back, if someone was here they could be hiding in that lane. But I dared not to go and check.

Instead I turned back around and starting walking again, quickening my pace. My house wasn't far from here. As I half walked and half ran I constantly felt like someone was following me, someone was behind me.

After about five more minutes I was standing in front of my house I hurriedly opened the door and stepped in.

Catching my breath I walked to the living room. What the hell was that? This was not the first time I am coming home alone at this time, then why did I feel this way? Maybe its just an effect of all the things happening these days. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if I see guns in my dreams tonight.

My father was sitting on the couch watching the television.

"You know you don't really have to work in the cafe, I can manage. If you need anything you can just ask me" said my dad as I sat down next to him.

"So you promise you'll pay for my drugs" I said looking at him with a smile.

"Hey dad, I'm just kidding" I said hurriedly seeing his expressions.

"I know" He sighed and stood up.

"I'll bring you your dinner"

"No need I ate at Sally's and it wad free, she's very generous" I replied getting up too.

"Okay then, I'm going to bed and you should too" said my dad.

He took hold of the remote and shut the tv down. I made my way to the stairs feeling the exhaustion take over me.

I yawned and opened my door, stunt to see Carter sitting on my bed.

A scream escaped me as I saw him. What was he doing here? He looked towards me after hearing my scream.

"What-" I paused and peaked down the stairs to see if my father was coming, thank God he didn't hear me. Stepping inside I closed the door.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, bewildered.

"You know you should always keep your window locked, anyone could come up" He replied.

"I am asking what are you doing here?" I repeated my question.

"I was just passing by and felt like seeing you, I brought you ice-cream" he said holding out the shopping bag.

"How long have you been here?"

"I just came"

"Wait, were you following me?" I asked stopping in my tracks, looking at her carefully.

"Of course not why would I- Eva is anyone following you?" He said standing up, his relaxed face gone as concern started to show up.

"N...no, I guess I just assumed" I said quickly.

"Eva you shouldn't come back alone at this time, you could have called me"

I walked over and climbed up the bed, sitting in the middle. Grabbing the shopping bag I took out my cup of ice-cream, it was the same one I ate last time.

So much has changed since last ice-cream. Who would have thought all of this would happen? Who could have thought I would start to like Carter William.

Carter sat back down next to me and grabbed his cup, the same flavor as the last time.

"Why did you come here Carter?" I asked taking a bite of the ice cream. It melted softly on my tongue kind of like how I fell for Carter. Sudden but at the same time long due.

"Can't I come just to see you?" He said and took a bite of his ice-cream.

I took a deep breath, I have started to lose my breaths when I am with Carter, I am clumsy but I have never forgotten to breath before.

"Who were those people Carter?" I finally asked.

He took another bite calmly as if expecting me to ask that question.

"Eva, I'm really sorry you had to see that, believe me I am but can't we just forget about it?" He asked, his eyes pleading to drop the subject.

I put my cup down and looked at him sternly.

"Carter those men had guns, they threatened you, they shot Drake and you want me to forget about it?"

"Eva-"

"What does Kaiden have to do with all of this?"

He didn't respond, just closed his eyes, in anger or surrender, I couldn't tell.

"Why did you asked me if Kaiden-"

"I had a fight with Kaiden and thought he send those men to beat me up in revenge, okay?"

"Carter those men knew you and you knew them, they wanted something from you?" I said angrily, trying hard to keep my voice low.

"Gosh Eva, you never give up do you?"

"Give up? Do you think I'm stupid? That I can't see what's going on around me?" I said furiously.

"Why do you always lie to me Carter"

He looked at me, his eyes filled with so much more than just a hazel colour. He opened his mouth as if to say something but  closed it again.

"I think I should leave" he said getting.

I wanted to stop him as he walked towards the window, he opened it and swung one leg out.

"Keep the window locked" he said and as silently as he came he was gone.

I still sat at the bed for another ten minutes staring at his cup of ice-cream.

Was I being too hard?

Getting up I walked over to my window and locked it. Picking up our half filled cups of ice-cream I throwed them away. I got inside my blanket, trying to focus on sleep rather than Carter.

That night I dreamed about Carter instead of guns. I wonder which one is more dangerous.

...............................

Another chapter Yay!!!
My school has started and I'm loaded with tests and homework for the next weeks so the updates wont be as fast as they used to be. Please try to understand. I will try to update as much as I can.
Hope you like this chapter.
Comment and VOTE.
Love you all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16 0 8
After I got dumped by the one guy I truly loved, my life crumbled. I was branded as a whore and I just crumbled as a whole. I messed up bad and I spe...
3.2M 80.7K 44
Carter Miller is a 17 year old girl who started moving around with her mom when her dad died. They end up in her moms hometown for Carter to graduate...
29.5K 976 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
105K 1.5K 9
When the school player/bad boy, Jaxton Cole, meets the schools good girl gone bad, Valentine Hills, there's no telling what will happen. But one thin...