This Love

By maham_07

After roaming the same hallways for a long time what happens when Eva Evans and Carter William enter each oth... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Authors Note
Update

Chapter 24

491 94 33
By maham_07

Carter didn't stay, he said he only came too check if I was okay. I was so relived to see Carter, he was alive and okay but Drake wasn't. He was shot in the stomuch and was currently in a hospital. Carter was staying with him as his parents were out of country.

The first thing I did after Carter left was call Ally and of course she freaked out. She wanted to go visit the hospital right now. It took me about an hour to calm her down and promised her we will go see Drake tomorrow.

For the first time since that night I slept peacefully. It came quick and took over me. All the tension and worry was gone. Carter was fine and I was thankful for that. As I drifted off to sleep he was all I could think about. His warmth and how comforting it was, how I could still feel it. How safe I felt in his arms. I went to sleep replaying that hug in my mind.

..........................

Me and Ally were at the hospital to see Drake. All through the school she had been fidgety which surprised me a little. When did she started worrying about Drake. I mean its Drake. Maybe she still feels guilty about taking us there.

"Its room number 306" said the receptionist.

"Thankyou" replied Ally and we walked towards the elevator. I was carring the flowers we bought for Drake. Hope he likes them

"Would he be okay?" She asked as we were going up.

"Hopefully, don't think too much we're going to see him now" I replied.

The elevator door opened in front of us and we stepped out. We went down the corridor, looking at the room numbers carefully until we found 306.

I gently knocked at the door.

"Come in" came Drake's voice.

I opened the door and stepped inside. The room was filled with hospital smell and hospital grey. Drake was laying on the bed, he looked weak, that playful smile that's always on his face was gone. He looked up at us and I could see he was surprised.

"Hey" he said lightly, his eyes first on me and then settled on Ally.

"Hi" said Ally walking towards him, while I smiled at him.

She sat down on the chair next to him. Drake looked at her and a smile appeared on his face.

"I'm really happy you came" he said.

Ally smiled and nodded at him, pushing his curly black hair away from his face. I don't know why but I looked away, giving them their privacy.

I placed the flowers in a vase on the side table and then went to the bathroom to pour some water in it. After placing the vase back I walked over to the window and pushed the curtains away. Sunlight came in giving the room a glow. I could see the world outside. There was a park nearby and kids were playing, I have always liked kids, I like the pure happiness they carry with them that's so contagious. The birds were flying around in a traffic free sky. Behind me Ally and Drake were talking in soft voices.

I stepped away from the window and walked back to them.

"Drake where's Carter?" I asked standing on the foot of his bed.

"Oh he didn't come back last night" he replied.

He didn't come back? Then where was he? Was he at his house? Or some place else? Why are there so many questions whenever Carter comes up? Why can't there be answers for once. Maybe Drake saw the concern on my face as he said:

"Don't worry he just had some work to do, he will be back soon"

I nodded looking at him. I hope he is fine, that he doesn't get himself in trouble, something he's really good at.

"So what happened to those guys?" Asked Ally.

"One of them was shot in his arm by Carter, the one who shot me and then they ran away" replied Drake.

Ran away? Just like that? But it seemed like they wouldn't go until they got what they wanted and they didn't seem scared of Carter and Drake either, then why would they just go away.

"They didn't wanted to lose their men"   said Drake answering my question again.

"Drake" aaid Ally softly and I knew what was coming next.

"Why were those men after you? What did they wanted?"

But before Drake could say anything the door burst open and Caroline stepped in.

"WHAT THE HELL DRAKE" she said angrily but her expression changed when she saw me and Ally here. She was surprised. Well to be fairly honest I am surprised too on being here, me and Drake aren't friends.

"Oh, well hello, I didn't expect you two to be here" she said.

Her eyes moving from me to Ally to me again.

"What are you two doing here"

"We came-" I started but she didn't seem interested in my answer, she walked over to Drake.

"How did this happen?" She asked him, her anger back again.

"Me and Carter went on a ride and-"

Ally and me looked at Drake simultaneously. I could see Ally was amgry. Why is Drake lying?

"Look how smart you two are, why the hell will you two go out at night knowing everything that's been happening"

Ally shifted her eyes from Drake to me. I could literally hear her voice inside my head asking me what the hell is going on.

"And this happened on the weekend, I wouldn't even know about it if Carter had not come last night" said Caroline.

"Wait, Carter was with you last night?" Asked Drake.

"Yea, he stayed over"

My heart sank. The happy bubble that I was living in since Carter came last night burst. I felt like disappearing, feeling so embarrassed.

He was with Caroline last night. He left me to go to Caroline. That's why he didn't stay because he had to go to CAROLINE.

'Of course he would stay with Caroline instead of you. She is his girlfriend' said that same stupid voice inside me.

"Drake I need to talk to you alone" said Caroline, crossinh her arms on her chest. Looking at me and Ally.

"Yea, Ally I think you should go" he said looking at her.

Ally got up from the chair and walked towards the door.

"Thankyou for coming" said Drake, his eyes following her.

She stopped walking and turned to face him.

"Yea, this is the only time I'm coming anyways" she said and then started to move towards the door again.

I could see sadness in Drake's eyes as she said that. He shifted his gaze away from het. I followed behind Ally, wanting to get out of here as quickly as I can.

"Bye, take care" I said to Drake and closed the door behind me.

......................

"I'm so stupid, I have never seen someone this stupid" said Ally.

We had gone to Ally's house after visiting Drake. She was currently lying on her bed and I was sitting on her dressing table.

It was filled with make up stuff and jewelery. On the sides of her mirror were photographs of her family, me and Mason. We all looked so happy, isn't this why we have photographs? To remember that we were once happy.

"I should have never gone to see him, I mean this is Drake, why would I even go see him? Why would it even matter to me that he's in a hospital. He's such a jerk and I'm so stupid." She huffed.

Beside me were about a dozen of lipsticks all of different shades. I picked one up and opened the cap.

"You should have stopped me Eva why don't you ever stop me from doing something stupid"

"Ally there is nothing stupid in this, Drake was shot and we went to see if he was okay like any other human being" I replied.

The lipstick had a maroon colour, the kind I liked. From the look of it Ally had just bought it recently.

"Why would I even go to see him?" She mumbled.

"Because he told you, you looked beautiful" I said and jumped off the dressing table. Turning around I saw my face in the mirror. There was nothing special that I could see, just average looking back at me.

"Yea he did and it was so sweet. I thought he had changed, I thought he was better now, sensible. But I was completely wrong, he choose Caroline over me again. He is still the most dumbest person I know"

I applied the lipstick on my lips, my lips stand out with the lipstick on them.

"Can't you see what your doing? Trying to get over Mason by using Drake, don't do that" I replied.

"You still look ugly" she said as I placed the lipstick down and made my way to the bed, collapsing on it when I reached it.

"Ally I feel like Caroline knows about it all too, I mean did you see her talk, it didn't felt like Carter and Drake were keeping secrets from her" I said turning towards her.

"Eva, she is Carter's girlfriend of course she knows about everything" replied Ally.

Yes! She is Carter's girlfriend, why do I keep forgetting this?

"I think we should just stay away from Carter and company, their never good news. We should just go back to the way we were." Said Ally and I looked at her.

Can I go back to be the way I was after all this? Can I go undo the feelings I have formed for Carter?

I have to.

............................

I was taking a walk after dinner, the sky was clear tonight, tiny little starts lightning up my way. At a distant bench I saw a fimiliar figure and as I neared I realized it was Kaiden.

"Hey Kaiden, what are you doing here all alone?" I asked walking over him.

He was deep in thought so when he heard me he was startled.

"Oh hey nothing, I just wanted to catch some fresh air. What are you doing?" He said after recovering.

I sat down next to him on the bench and looked over him. His face was still swollen from where Carter hit him the other day and he looked extremely tired .

"Same as you but Gosh Kaiden are you okay?" I asked worried about him.

"Yea, yea stop worring about me, I'm fine" he replied a little frustrated like he has been asked this question a lot of times before.

"I'm sorry about Carter hitting you at the party" I said seeing his pain.

"Why are you sorry? Its not your fault and about Carter, he will pay. Soon."

I shivered at his threat, his voice was dangerously low as his eyes lit up a little in hate. He closed them probably to calm himself down.

"Kaiden where were you on Saturday night?" I asked him suddenly.

"I was at your mother's, dad bought chinese and said we will have dinner together. It was boring. Why?" He said looking at me.

"Oh nothing just wondering" I replied quickly.

He was with my mom that night and I never told him that we were going for a concert with Drake and Carter. Kaiden couldn't have sent those men. He is a good person, I can't believe I'm saying this, keeping in mind the fact that I disliked him at first but I have spent time with him. Aren't you suppose to get some kind of feeling if your with a bad guy? Kaiden has never done something wrong to me or anyone. Neither has he ever expressed he wanted to do something to anyone. Well except right now. But that's just because he is angry at Carter for hitting him.

Maybe Carter and Kaiden had a fight in the past, over a girl or something leading to them hating each other.

"Thanks Eva, for worrying about me. It means alot." He said with a smile.

I nodded, a smile on my face too. Kaiden was like my family now I just can't doubt him, its unfair towards him.

"You know I have never taken you too my place. One of these days I will take you there okay?" He said.

"Yea" I replied realizing that I really have never seen where Kaiden lives.

................................

Here you go a chapter without Carter. Comment and vote. Happy reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

356K 10.8K 52
"So what do you want to do" I said looking around nervously. "I don't know, you " he said as he tugged me up landing me in his lap , I let out a slig...
2.2M 80.2K 52
Runaway Amaya Sommers faces the consequences of faking a relationship with her notorious crush, Carter Bell, in exchange for a place to stay. *** Whe...
2.8M 101K 58
"Do you ever get scared of being happy?" He asked softly, also pretty tired. I kept my eyes closed as I answered, my fingers softly drawing circles o...
54.8K 2.4K 64
"You good, babe? You kinda seem a bit off today." "How so?" I asked, even though I knew the answer to that question. Damien answered, "Well you haven...