My Heart Is Yours

由 TonnieSeawolf

Two hearts that beat as one. Will they find their way to each other? Or will fate take them on a different pa... 更多

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 90-A: The Demo
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 94-A: Demo 2
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97: MHIYxTJ Crossover
Chapter 98
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 104: When The Thread Finally Broke
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Epilogue
Acknowledgements:
Finally Published!

Chapter 99

6.7K 439 56
由 TonnieSeawolf

After dropping off the keys, they headed straight for Central Park stopping only at the diner they ate at the previous night to buy food for their whole day stay at the park. Richard was also able to borrow a guitar from the son of the owner, who also remembered him.

The park was around 2.5 miles long and half a mile wide. A loveliness in green that greatly contrast the grayness of the city. Central Park has different sections. Park goers would have a variety of activities to choose from.

Richard knew that Maine had enjoyed her walks when she was younger. It might have been the company she kept before, but those walks did help her out when she had a heart condition. So, they entered by the Great Hill Central Park where a cement pathway was being used by a lot of people in the park. They kept a slow pace, Richard's hand in Maine's, their fingers intertwined.

Richard told stories about his younger days with her as they leisurely walked the cemented path. Maine was just happy with the company and just happy being surrounded with nature for once. She found out he usually took walks there, especially during the time Alden died. He usually retraces the path he and his brother took when he went to visit him. Everytime Alden was mentioned, Maine tightened her hold on his hand. It made her remember her short walks with Alden years ago. And now, she was experiencing those moments with Richard. Both of them looked at each other and laughed, knowing that they were thinking of the same person and the same events, only in different locations.

"You and Alden loved taking walks?" Maine inquired when they stopped by the North Meadow to take a short break.

Richard nodded and said,"it was one of those things we loved to do together. We rarely go out to the mall except when we needed to buy something or maybe watch a movie. We either took walks or go biking around the village when we're in Laguna. So when you guys were taking your walks, Rich really enjoyed that. It wasn't a chore for him at all."

"I wonder what it would have been like if the three of us took those walks together," Maine wondered.

Richard frowned and replied, "that would have been a very painful sight for me. I would be seeing you with Rich, and you would have been his girlfriend. You wouldn't be mine."

"Why do you think that?"

"He liked you," he explained. "He asked permission to court you back then, did you know that? It would have been an obvious path to take. You knew him more. He knew you first."

Maine cocked her head to the side and looked at Richard's sad face. She slowly approached him and reached out to wrap her arms around his waist.

"If Alden hadn't died," she started. "I would have met you that summer, right?"

Richard just nodded but said nothing. He just stared back at her, his hands in the pockets of his jeans, keeping them from holding her.

Maine continued, "I would have found out back then that you were the one who was singing to me. I would have ended up with you anyway."

Richard's brows furrowed with confusion but he still kept silent. Maine reached out with both her hands to cup his cheeks.

"My Home," said Maine. "It had always been you. I didn't know it back then so I was confused. But I know in my heart that I would still choose you over Alden."

"Why?"

Maine sighed as she tried to make him understand.

"Remember that first time you sang to me?"

He nodded and replied, "you weren't feeling well. You said you might be getting a cold. Rich begged me to sing for you that time."

"And you sang 'Everytime I See You'," she said with a smile. "That time I thought it was Alden who sang for me. It got me confused. I mean, he's my bestfriend and I do love him, but I knew that I was never in love with him. Whenever I see him face-to-face it was like nothing's changed. He was Alden. My Alden. My ever reliable bestfriend who got me addicted to 'Harvest Moon'. But whenever he sang, I felt different. I look forward to talking to him on the radio more because there would be a huge chance that he would be singing for me. I knew then that I was in love with the person singing to me."

Richard remained silent as Maine continued, "do you remember that first time we've talked? Alden suggested we used the phone one night. He made me talk to you."

"How did you know it was me back then?"

"I didn't know back then," she replied. "But when I found out you were the one singing to me all this time, I'd just put two and two together. That time I felt it in my heart that you were the one talking to me. My 'crush Alden' not my 'bestfriend Alden'. So, my Home, I knew. I knew that I would eventually find you. If Alden didn't die, I would have eventually found out it was you all along."

"'Crush Alden'?" There was a small smile that crept on Richard's face. A shadow of a dimple can be vaguely seen.

"I was fourteen so sue me," she replied. "But what I want to know now is, would you have fought for me?"

That was the only time Richard reached out and brought his arms around her waist to pull her closer. He claimed her mouth and kissed her passionately. When they eventually ended the kiss, he leaned his forehead on hers and sighed. He whispered, "you would have been the reason for the biggest fight Rich and I would ever had, my Heart. I would have done everything I can to win you over. Even with the advantage Rich had over me."

"I would have fought for you too," she replied and placed her head on his chest, cuddling closer.

He kissed the top of her head and gently pulled away.

"Shall we continue our walk?" He asked.

She nodded and she took his outstretched hands then threaded her fingers with his. They continued their walk, following the path with Richard once more telling her stories of his adventures in the park. Every so often they would stop and he would just let Maine appreciate the sight before her.

They eventually reached the Sheep Meadow a little bit after noon. Richard found them a secluded spot under a tree and set-up a picnic for them. He brought out the blanket that he kept in his backpack and then spread it out on the grassy floor. He took out the food they bought from the diner with Maine helping out with the chore. They settled under the tree, discussing various topics that they could think about. It was a very relaxing afternoon for them. Eventually, Richard brought out the guitar he borrowed and started playing for her. He sang songs that was familiar to him especially the songs that he played for her before over the radio years ago. He then started playing songs that he wrote.

Before he started playing his last song, however, he said, "I wrote this song last week. I hope you like it.

He started strumming and began to sing.

🎶All I want now is to be with you
Cause you know I've been everywhere else
Looking back at what you got me through
You knew me better than I knew myself

When I feel lost and I can't find my way
When words are at a loss I can hear you say

I'll be by your side, when all hope has died
I will still be around oh and I, I'm still on your side
When everything's wrong, I will still be around
By your side

Fighting my way back to where you are
The only place I ever felt at home
Stumbling backwards through the dark
I know how it feels to be alone
And where we go is where I wanna be
And in the silence I hear you say to me

I'll be by your side, when all hope has died
I will still be around, oh and I, I'm still on your side
When everything's wrong, I will still be around

I can't wait another day to show my space between
Your heart and mine, and you're all that I need
You say I

I'll be by your side, when all hope has died
I will still be around, oh and I, I'm still on your side
When everything's wrong, I will still be around
By your side, by your side, by your side, by your side, by your side🎶

When Richard laid the guitar down beside him, Maine immediately crawled to his lap. She placed her head on the crook of his neck as Richard wrapped his arms around her. She rested her hands on his arms and they stayed in companionable silence in that position, just enjoying the view of people going about their business at the park.

"How do you write songs?" Maine suddenly asked.

"It usually just comes to me," he explained. "Most of the time, words just pop out of my head and then the music would follow. Sometimes on rare moments when I'm feeling really inspired, the music and lyrics would come at the same time. Like what happened yesterday and that time at the Trevi."

"You write so well," Maine praised. "Have you considered selling your songs to music artists?"

"No," he replied. "My songs are too personal for me. I can't see them being sung by other people."

"You let me sing 'Between The Raindrops'."

"That's different," he remarked. "That song was supposed to be sang as a duet. Besides, if ever I would write a song for someone, it will be you. You have a nice singing voice, Heart. Not Arianna Grande material, but I could write songs in your voice range that would sound really great if you sang it."

Maine felt a blush forming on her face that she buried her face on his chest in embarrassment. Richard just chuckled and pulled her closer, kissing the top of her head.

"I hope inspiration would hit me again for a song that you could sing solo," he said with a smile. "I'll let you sing it when we go back to Milan."

"I wouldn't be able to pull that off."

"Of course you will. You did it last time."

"Last time you were there with me."

"I would still be there," he reasoned. "You're just going to be singing solo while I play the guitar for you."

"I don't think I can do it," Maine insisted as her voice began to panic.

"Hey," he said as he pulled her chin up gently so she can look at him. "You did great the last time. All you need to do is focus on me, like before. Just imagine I am the only one in the crowd listening. I promise you'd be able to pull it off. And I'll be there right beside you when you do it.

"Besides, we'll have plenty of time to prepare. I don't have a song yet and the next rotation to Milan is still far off. So, don't worry about it for now."

She giggled at his remark and leaned forward to kiss him chastely on the lips. But Richard held her head to keep her from pulling away and deepened the kiss. She placed both hands on his chest, her hands fisting on his jacket. She felt one of his hand found the hem of her shirt and crawled underneath it, inching his way up her breast. She whimpered as his tongue continued its exploration of her mouth. She broke the kiss and gasped when his warm hand found her breast and gave it a squeeze.

"RJ," she cried in a hoarse whisper.

"Shh..." He said softly. "Just relax, Heart. We might be in a secluded spot but people might still notice."

For any onlooker who would accidentally see them, they would just seem like a young couple cuddling under the tree. The girl was sitting on the boy's lap while he was holding her close. Little did they know that Maine's breath was ragged, as she held on to Richard's jacket tightly while he fondled her breast underneath the cover of her shirt and jacket.

"Home!" She moaned as she felt him go lower, teasing the waistband of her jeans.

"Shh..." Richard whispered as he unbuttoned her jeans and slowly lowered the zipper. He made sure that her jacket still covered her up. "You need to be quiet, my Heart. Or this will stop."

"Don't. You. Dare."

He just chuckled and kissed her deeply, earning another moan from her as his fingers deftly played with her nub. She tried to keep still as she felt herself coming undone. She gasped once more and called to him in a whisper.

"You're almost there, my Heart," he whispered to her ear as he continued with his ministrations. "Just bite on to me if you really couldn't hold the scream."

Richard suddenly gritted his teeth and closed his eyes when he felt a stab of pain on his shoulder as Maine bit on it hard when she came. She held on to him tightly until she came down from her high. He fixed her clothes for her and then held her close to him in a loose embrace.

"I'm sorry," she finally said as she inspected the damage to his shoulder.

"Don't be," he replied. "It was my idea. Are you okay?"

"Yes," Maine sighed in contentment.

"I'll let you rest up a bit," Richard said as he arranged their position so that she would be more comfortable. "Then let's just take the subway back to the diner and have an early dinner there. We're watching 'Hamilton' at Richard Rogers Theatre at 7pm."

"Hamilton?"

"Yeah," he replied. "I wanted you to experience watching a show on Broadway."

Maine tightened her hold on him and kissed his cheek. She sighed and relaxed in his arms, then said, "I love you, my Home. You never cease to amaze me."

"I love you too, my Heart," he stated. "I love you so so much."

-oo-

Author's Note: Good morning!
Song for today is "By Your Side" by Lifehouse from their album "Smoke and Mirrors" released in 2010.

Disclaimer: I have never been to New York. Any inaccuracies in the chapters are all because of Google and my friend who lives there and just described to me Central Park.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

Benefits 由 .

同人小說

470K 12.8K 33
a story in which two equally emotionally damaged young adults engage in an agreement to hopefully get the perks of being in a relationship without pu...
213K 8.2K 52
It started as just a simple date... Only for seven months... To please someone they both love... They never meant to fall... But falling with each ot...
Our Love 由 trisha

同人小說

32.6K 794 11
The love story that captured the hearts of many.
9.6K 738 8
My first ever AMACON baby Enty for AMACON4- Serendipitous English Fanfiction category Prompt from @thenataliagrace 1st published: May 9, 2017