A Drunken Mistake

By xxborntostandoutxx

Katy Taylor is that girl you see walking down the corridor, head hanged low, trying desperatley not to draw a... More

A Drunken Mistake - Katys Prologue
A Drunken Mistake - Dylan's Prologue
A Drunken Mistake - 'I need to find whoever drew this picture.'
A Drunken Mistake - 'a feeling in my gut that something amazing just started.'
A Drunken Mistake - 'It has to be some kind of joke.'
A Drunken Mistake - 'I'm not going to rush her; I'm going to fix her.'
A Drunken Mistake - Its ok, my secrets safe, and now no one will figure it out.
A Drunken Mistake - "from the monsters"
A Drunken Mistake - I guess this is what loves feels like
A Drunken Mistake - Sending My Heart Soaring Once Again
A Drunken Mistake - I promise mum, I'll look after it for you.
A Drunken Mistake - "a perfect end to a perfect date"
A Drunken Mistake - Mummy, I'm so sorry
A Drunken Mistake - Oh S**t!
A Drunken Mistake - I could never bear the thought of losing her
A Drunken Mistake - "I will never forget you lot, never!"
A Drunken Mistake - I've found her
A Drunken Mistake - ...I know I could stay here forever
A Drunken Mistake - "We're home bitches!"
A Drunken Mistake - ... I can't lose her again.
A Drunken Mistake - I'm slowly going to die here.
A Drunken Mistake - I also want him to remember me
A Drunken Mistake - But I have this feeling it's meant to stop beating now
A Drunken Mistake - Oh. My. Baby
A Drunken Mistake - Here comes story time...
A Drunken Mistake - "You're coming home."
A Drunken Mistake - I don't think anything can spoil this moment
A Drunken Mistake - ...I honestly can't wait until it's my turn.
A Drunken Mistake - And all that will be worth the pain we're suffering now.
A Drunken Mistake - ...the one I will hang onto forever.
A Drunken Mistake - This isn't going to go well...
A Drunken Mistake- "Miss me princess..."
A Drunken Mistake - "I'm sorry Katy,"
A Drunken Mistake - I don't want to lose her again.
A Drunken Mistake - She's my rock.
A Drunken Mistake - And I will retrieve it.
A Drunken Mistake - Time to find out the whole truth.
A Drunken Mistake - I love you too.
A Drunken Mistake - Dear Katy
A Drunken Mistake - "Will you marry me?"
A Drunken Mistake - "The suitcase can wait."
A Drunken Mistake - I can't wait to meet them.
A Drunken Mistake - "Holy S**t"
A Drunken Mistake - Here we go.
A Drunken Mistake - I have never felt so content.
A Drunken Mistake - Yeah. We are.
A Drunken Mistake - Here's to the future.

A Drunken Mistake - ... I will find her again.

2.5K 87 5
By xxborntostandoutxx

So this is it, the big goodbye scene!!

I promise this book isn't over yet, we still got a way to go!

I hope you like it, it took me forever to write!

So vote and comment as always, let me know what you think!

Thanks!! :)

Enjoy! :) <3

 'You know you love someone when the mere thought of losing them brings you to tears.'

Dylan’s POV

The airport is overcrowded and noisy, filled with emotional goodbyes and hellos. Every inch of the airport is filled with couples, families, friends, all embracing, nearly all crying or smiling.

In an hour, we will be one of those couples, clinging to each other for dear life, never wanting to say goodbye.

I can’t believe how fast this week has gone, how fast the hours have merged together. She’s leaving, getting on that aeroplane and going half way across the country. When will I next see her?

That thought kills me inside. When will I get to see her again, when I will I next get to talk to her? It hurts so much that for now, while she’s next to me and her hand is in my hand, I’m not going to think of it. I’m not going to let the painful thoughts of the future make me angry while I’m still in the present with her. Even if I do only have an hour left of it.

We’re currently sitting at her gate, waiting for her flight to board. While she was checking in, I bought a ticket for the flight, not that I’m going to use it; I just want to see her off to the very end. If I even tried to get on that plane, Katy would kill me, slowly followed by Michael. She cares about me too much to let me leave this life, that’s what she says anyway.

What she doesn’t realise is I would leave this life in England in a heartbeat to be with her. There’s nothing holding me here, not my parents or school, nothing. But I also know my parents would hunt me down, and be outraged at the bad publicity this would bring onto them; I don’t think I could take their anger to that degree.

At this time, Michael and Sarah are currently gazing through the duty free, seeing how cheap they can get their booze here, leaving me and Katy in peace here alone.

She’s leaning against me, her head resting gently on my shoulder, her hand clinging onto mine with dear life, her other hand snaked around my waist. I lean down slowly to kiss the top of her head, letting the smell of vanilla fill my senses. I’m going to miss that smell.

She slowly lifts her head to face me until our eyes lock and her gaze captures mine. She starts moving towards me slowly until our foreheads are resting against each other’s and I can feel her minty breathe fan my face.

“Please, don’t leave me…” I whisper as I look deeply into her eyes. They fill with sadness as the words leave my mouth, and I catch them slowly filling with unshed tears.

“I don’t want to leave you…” she whispers back, her voice catching slightly on the last word as the emotions get too much for her and a stray tear starts to make its way down her face. I catch it gently with my finger before it falls off, moving my hand afterwards to cup her cheek.

She bits her lip while staring at mine, making me want to close the little distance that’s left between us so bad that is physically hurts. But she does it for me.

Suddenly her lips have captured mine in passion, excitement… urgency. Like she needs my lips on hers just as much as I need hers on mine, like she doesn’t want to let me go as much as I don’t want to let her go.

She grips my hair and pulls me even closer to her as she gently slips her tongue into my mouth. I get a burst of mint as our tongues meet in our usual frantic dance, and grip her waist tighter towards me.

We break away from each other reluctantly, both of us gasping for breath. She smiles up at me, a strange emotion radiating from her eyes as she looks at me, one that I can’t quite put my finger on. Slowly, she starts to pull away until her head is back to resting on my shoulder, leaving me staring into the empty space in front of me.

I love this girl with everything inside of me, she’s perfect and the thought of her getting up off this chair and leaving me spreads a pain through me like I’ve never felt before. I can’t leave this girl, it makes me feel sick.

“This is the first calling for flight 219 to California; this flight will be leaving in approximately 30 minutes. Please go to gate 4 for boarding thank you,” the flight attendants voice fills the airport. 

She turns to look at me with the saddest expression I’ve ever seen her wear on her face as the words settle in… we have half an hour left with each other.

We have nothing to say to each other yet, saving our goodbyes until we have too. I don’t want to say goodbye yet.

So for the time being we sit there looking out the window, watching planes soar off into the sky and touch back down to the ground. Her hair feels soft to my touch as I twirl it round my finger, enjoying the feel of it while I still can. Her hand feels smooth in my own as I grip onto it, never wanting to let it go.

“This is the second boarding call for flight 219 to California; this flight will be leaving in approximately 10 minutes. We ask any person who is attending the flight to board now, thank you,” the flight attendant speaks again.

This is it, the final goodbye. I can feel it like a pit at the bottom of my stomach.

She lifts her head off my chest to look at me, unspoken words written all over her face, before she grabs her carry on and stands up ready to go the gate.

I grab her wrist before she has a chance to go.

“I, Dylan Thompson, promise you, Katy Taylor, that as soon as the hand strikes midnight on my eightieth birthday, I will come and find you. I promise that I will leave acting forever and come and rescue you from this life. I promise that I won’t give up, no matter how slim the chances are of finding you, until I do and you’re safe back in my arms once again,”

“But…” Katy starts, trying to get me to change my mind. I simply put my finger to her lips as I continue.

“I also promise that as soon as I find you, I will marry you and you will forever be Mrs Katy Thompson,” I finally sigh out, letting the words I’ve been dying to say finally leave my mouth.

Katy just stands there, her mouth hanging open in shock. I gently close it with my finger as I reach behind me and pull out the little velvet box.

I open it slowly, letting her look at the ring that once belonged to Lucinda. She gave it to me a couple of weeks ago, telling me that she knows when she’s seen something special and that’s exactly what me and Katy are, we’re something special. We’re so rare that sometimes people go their whole lives never finding something like me and Katy have, it’s so rare that I plan to hold onto it with both hands.

The ring is beautiful, one the rarest I’ve ever seen. It has sliver and diamond bands overcrossing each other, encasing the rare red ruby stone that sits elegantly in the middle, all of it sitting on a sliver band that I’ve been told would fit Katy’s finger perfectly.

I watch her face slowly change from shock to wonder as she gazes at the ring I’m holding in front of her.

“What do you say Katy, when this is all over and I’ve found you once again, will you be my wife?”

Her face spreads in the most breathe taking smiles I’ve ever seen her wear as she looks at the ring once more.

“Yes…” she whispers.

 My heart jumps out of my chest in happiness, in excitement, in love. She said yes!!!

I slip the ring gently on her wedding finger, amazed that Lucinda was right; this ring fits her finger perfectly.

I fling my arms around her tiny waist, pulling her impossibly close as she wraps her arms securely around my neck. 

I breathe in her scent of vanilla once again, knowing now that it will be one of the last times.

She pulls back gently to look at me, unshed tears once again in her eyes.

“I, Katy Taylor, promise you, Dylan Thompson, that I will wait for you to find me. I promise that I will never fall for anyone else for as long as I live. I promise that I will leave Sarah and Michael the second you find me, and to never look back,

I also promise that as soon as you find me, I will become your wife, and I will forever be Mrs Katy Thompson,” a smile graces my face as I hear her say those words, loving how Mrs Katy Thompson sounds coming from her mouth.

I grab her towards me once more, kissing her in a desperate frenzy, knowing now that this will be my last kiss with her.

“This is now the last boarding call for flight 219 to California. The gate will be closing shortly thank you,” the flight attendant interrupts our last kiss.

“Katy, come one the flight is leaving soon,” I hear Sarah growl from the front of the gate. My blood boils at the thought of me leaving her to go half way across the world with these monsters, as Sarah smiles a sickly sweet smile my way.

Katy looks into my eyes once more, that unreadable expression in them again.

“I love you…” she whispers gently before turning around suddenly and running to her gate.

My heart breaks into a million little pieces as I see her run away and disappear behind the door.

The only thing keeping me going is the thought that someday… I will find her again.

Katy’s POV

Michael grips my arms roughly as he pulls me towards the plane, taking long strides that I can’t keep up with.

Thoughts of all the things that happened just now fill my brain in a mush; I can barely pick out separate thoughts.

All I know is I have the tiniest bit of hope floating in the back of my mind, something unfamiliar to me as I haven’t felt it in so long.

I have faith in Dylan that one day, Dylan may just find me and maybe one day I could get the happily ever after I used to read about in my fairy tales.

Maybe just maybe, I could finally be happy.

We walk onto the plane, realising my seat is in a different area to theirs. They booked themselves in business and me into economy.

So as they take the seats near the front of the plane, I walk to the back to find mine. I realise it’s a window seat, next to a boy who looks around about my age. He simply smiles as I take my seat next to him.

I look down at my hand, smiling at the ring that graces my finger.

When he opened that book, the sight of it took my breath away. It’s the most stunning ring I’ve ever seen in my life.

It sits there now, proudly with my mum’s engagement ring on my other hand.

The plane starts to move down to runway, getting ready to take me to my own personal hell.

As it slowly rises off the ground, I let my eyes drift shut.

The only thing keeping me going is the thought that someday… he will find me again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 58.8K 51
[Highest Ranking - #5 in Teen Fiction] [Highest Ranking - #1 in Teen Pregnancy] PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "The Best Mistake" "She almost couldn't read out...
14.5K 393 15
I watched as he rubbed the back of his neck and turned around, walking away but stopping after a few steps and he turned around to face me, with a sm...
184 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
68.8K 2.4K 48
Alex Harper loves Dylan West ever since she can remember. Too bad he never noticed her. Not even with the countless dinners at each other's houses an...