strong || n.h. (COMPLETED)

By omghoran

Niall Horan and Ariana Grande Love Story Ariana Grande is 18 and is so ready to be done with high school. She... More

{1} taken
{2} rescued
{3} questions
{4} titanic
{5} life stories
{6} nightmares
{7} birthday girl
{8} shopping trip
{9} interviews and crushes
{10} concerts and kisses
{11} first dates
{12} realizations
{13} surprising visitors
{14} not a father
{15} new couple
{16} two
{17} forever and always
{18} half a heart
{19} why don't we go there?
{20} swimming and sinking
{21} living the life
{23} stress in hollywood
{24} happy in hollywood
{25} big questions
{26} confessions
{27} heart-shattering sights
{28} princess
{29} accidents
{30} more nightmares
{31} giving up
{32} six people
{33} courtney
{34} always
{35} flights
{36} awkward conversations
{37} clubbing
{38} blue eyes
{39} sad mornings
{40} talks and decisions
{41} goodbyes and reunions
{42} regrets
{43} the big day
{44} together
{45} niall's plan
{46} lunch date
{47} he's back
{48} missing
{49} finally
{50} healing
{51} strong
{52} twenty
{53} love
{54} the note
{55} ready
{56} kiss the bride
epilogue
thank you and Q&A
Broken- new fanfic!!
Soooooooooooooooo
New Luke Fic!

{22} audition

1.3K 38 9
By omghoran

Ariana's POV

After dinner we all went back to the flat. I went into my room and changed into sweatpants and a dance t-shirt. I put my hair into a sloppy bun but kept my makeup on. I went back into the living room and sat on the couch next to Niall.

"What'cha watching?" I said, all perky.

"How did they find this?" Niall said quietly and I turned my attention back to the TV. My eyes went wide as a video of me drowning in the indoor pool of this building, showed on the screen. It showed Niall freaking out and diving to save me. It showed him saving my life, and then us leaving. But it showed something after...

Sarah said, "She should've told him when he was about to throw her."

"Maybe she was scared to and embarrassed." Zayn said.

"It's either getting embarrassed for a second, or risking your life for attention." My heart dropped as Sarah rolled her eyes at me and shook her head.

"I don't think that's true sa-" Liam started.

"This whole thing is a joke. Ariana is an attention seeker." Sarah said and grabbed Louis' hand, "Louis let's go." She said and pulled him out of sight.

I tear slowly rolled down my cheek. How could she say that about me?

"Ari-" Niall said, putting an arm around my waist.

"I thought she was my friend." I choked out the last word before starting to sob into Niall's shirt.

"Ariana she was probably just upset you never told her about your fear." He whispered in my ear. He could be right... I don't know.

After that news cast a commercial came on about So You Think You Can Dance came on. I perked up a bit.

"I love this show!" I said, removing my head from Niall's chest.

"You should go on it." Niall said.

"That's a dream of mine, but I don't think I'm good enough." I said and relaxed on the couch, thoughts about Sarah still whirling through my head.

"Are you freaking kidding me? You're bloody amazing Ari! I'm sending in right now that you're auditioning." He said going to look for his phone. 10 minutes later he came back and said, "You have to be ready at 1:00 pm there for your audition tomorrow." He said.

"What?You've gotta be kidding me, tomorrow?" I said. Am I dreaming? Seriously.

"Nope. Not kidding" He said and plopped down next to me while putting an arm around my shoulders.

"Niall I don't have a dance!" I said.

"Choose one of your old ones." He said, changing the tv channel like nothing is happening.

"Ugh I hate you but I love you right now." I said, groaning.

"Say that part one more time, I couldn't hear you!" He said leaning in closer.

"I said I hate you." I giggled and leaned in for a kiss.

He put his hand in front of my lips.

"The last part." He said.

"I said I love you." I said, rolling my eyes.

He removed his hand and whispered, "That's better." He leaned in this time and our lips crashed together. I smiled when he did, and then broke apart.

"Knock knock!" A voice traveled through the door.

Sarah.

"Come in!" Louis said as he skipped to the door. I looked down at my fiddling hands and Niall grasped onto them. He gave me a reassuring look and then Sarah walked in.

"Hey Louis! Hey Niall, Hey Ariana!" She said and skipped inside. I didn't look up at her. I hadn't processed what she said about me yet.

"You okay, Ari?" She said, cheerfully.

"No. Apparently I'm an attention seeker." I mumbled and looked up.

"What?" She said, her face going red.

"I saw everything you said." I said, feeling much more confident.

"Ari about that..."

"Sarah please. Just don't." I said, starting to get up.

"Ariana please hear me out." I turned to face her and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Go ahead." I said quietly. I didn't want to be mad at her. She's my best friend.

"I was just upset you never told me about it. About... Your fear and stuff." She said looking down, "I'm sorry... I don't know how you saw it but I probably looked like a jerk huh?" She said. She looked up at me, I saw a glint of hope in her eyes. She wants me to believe her and I want to too.

"Yeah you did." I said.

She chuckled, "Please don't be mad at me."

"Ok." I said simply, and she tackled me in a hug. After that she went back to Louis and Niall came up to me and wrapped his arms around me. I looked down at his hands around my waist and smiled.

"And I was right, of course." he said matter of factly.

"Want to go to the studio and work on your dance?" He said.

"Sure!" I said.

~•~•~•~

After going to the studio, I got nervous. My turns were sloppy, and I felt like I lost some of my flexibility. I was back at the flat, pacing back and forth, and panicking.

"Ari you'll do amazing!" Niall said.

"No I'll embarrass myself on television!"

I felt strong arms around my waist and a whisper in my ear, "Ari trust me. Now get some sleep." I looked at the clock. It was 11, I really should go to bed.

"Okay goodnight Niall." I said. And reached up to kiss his cheek.

"Night Ari." He planted a quick, soft kiss on my lips and headed towards the kitchen while I headed to my room. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I got under the covers of the bed and slowly drifted to sleep.

~•~•~•~

I woke up to thuds on my bed.

"WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP!" I heard an Irish accent scream.

"No." I mumbled. I rolled over and threw a pillow at him.

"It's 11 we need to get you ready for your audition!"

"Ugh fine." I said. I rolled out of bed and onto the floor and Niall chuckled at me. I realized he was all dressed and ready as he skipped out of my room, closing the door behind him.

I went to my closet and got out a pair of tights and yoga shorts with a pink sports bra. I took a quick shower then put the clothes on. I slipped a crop top over the sports bra then walked to my sink.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I applied natural makeup then straightened my hair. I put my straight hair into a high pony tail off to the side. I took one glance in the mirror then decided I was ready. I grabbed my dance stuff and went down stairs.

"Morning Ari!" Niall and Louis both said.

"Morning!" I grabbed the Lucky Charms and poured some with milk. I sat down and ate, well tried to. I was so nervous. I had major butterflies in my stomach. I finished my cereal and put the bowl in the dish washer. Louis hugged me and wished me luck and Niall grabbed his car keys.

We got in the car and started driving.

"Oh my flipping god." I breathed when I heard the song on the radio.

"I'm half a heart without you."

I screamed.

My song I wrote for one direction was on the freaking radio!

Niall and I jammed out until it was over and then I realized we were here. A huge line of people were waiting. Niall slipped on his hood and sunglasses as we got in. People were all over the place stretching and practicing.

Oh

My

God.

"Niall I can't do this." I whispered.

"Shh, you'll do great. Just don't worry so much about it.

This is not happening.

I got my number from a desk. Number 563... Please be my lucky number. They called my number and I took a deep breath.

"Niall I don't want-" I whimpered but he cut me off with a kiss.

"I'll be here rooting you on Ari. You can do this. Just remember I love-"

"NUMBER 563 GET IN!" I heard someone yell again. I was rushed into the room with the stage and I didn't want to be. I wanted to hear what Niall was trying to say.

I walked onto the stage and gave a shy wave and "Hi." To the judges.

"Ariana, correct?" One of them said.

"Yes. Ariana Grande." I said.

"And how old are you?"

"18." I smiled, hoping to look somewhat confident.

"And how long have you been dancing?"

"My whole life... My family couldn't afford competitive dancing so I was just on my own." I said, deciding not to mention my family too much. I didn't want to sound like I wanted sympathy.

"Well let's see what you got!" One of them said. I took a spot at the center of the stage and started in my starting position. Then the music to "Battlefield" by Lea Michele came on. I danced my heart out and it was amazing. My leaps were great and my turns were clean. When I was finished the judges all clapped and I realized they were standing up.

A standing ovation?

Happy tears flowed from my eyes as I saw the sight in front of me.

"I'll just say it now, you're going to Hollywood!" Mary Murphy screamed and held up a gold ticket.

I screamed and jumped up and down. I was sobbing of joy when they handed me the ticket and sent me out.

I decided to be mean. I hid the ticket in my bag and made my crying look like sad crying. Niall saw me and his face broke.

"N-Niall." I said.

"You don't have to say it." He said coming into hug me.

I put a hand on his chest and say.

"But I do." He gave me a confused look as I pulled a golden ticket from my bag. His eyes went wide and he picked me up and spun me around.

I'm in So You Think You Can Dance.

I'm freaking dreaming.

I have to be.

Niall and I walked around skipping with our hands intertwined. I was giggling and he was smiling at me the whole time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 382 42
Seventeen year old Kaitlyn has to move to England with her family for her dad's new Job, while she's there she meets one direction but little did she...
3.8K 90 37
Niall Horan is a regular 18 year old 12th year student who fell in love with his best friend, Deena, in 7th. He admits to his attraction to her, and...
174K 5K 32
Zoe Malik has now reached the age of fifteen. She will face happiness, but sadness. She's growing up and no matter what her brothers say she will adv...
2.3K 83 40
Francesca is a normal 19 year old girl. She lives in Central London with her 2 best friends, Liam and Harry and Eleanor, Danielle and Jess. Francesca...