Undateable

By MahryC

Kaia is annoying but everyone likes her. Cade is a troublemaker and everyone hates him. Both... very undateab... More

Synopsis + Pre-Author's Note
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three

Eight

5.8K 382 58
By MahryC

Cade's P.O.V.

I watch as Kaia jumps on one leg, holding onto her right foot. I know she's in a lot of pain but I didn't want to go out there. She's pissed after Kieran dropped her on the floor. She grabs her school bag and aims to throw it at Kieran, but instead it lands a foot away from her. I smirk at how terrible that throw was.

"Oh my God, that was so pathetic," she cries to herself.

She hops to the wall and leans against it as she examines her injured foot. I notice her skirt rile up a little, revealing her thighs. I have to admit, she has nice legs but when she talks, she ruins it a little bit. I don't get how I'm supposed to get that into wanting to date me. She's stubborn and she's clever. She is going to pick up on my tricks easily and she will find me suspicious after a while.

I tried to make her think of me as a friend. But I need to act quickly before she throws me into the friend zone. I really want that money. I just need her to start liking me and I need to date her for one hundred days, then I'm done. It's goodbye Kaia and hello ten grand.

I lean off the wall and head towards Kaia, "Had a nice fall?" I joke.

Kaia head snaps towards me and her eyes narrow, "Not funny," she pouts. I smile, leaning against the wall, standing beside her. "Did you see all that? It looked like you saw all that," she states.

"Yeah, you were talking to Ben on the rooftop then you started to run like a maniac and then you fell down the stairs. Then Kieran picked you up, brought you here and dropped you on the floor," I say. "You know, going to the rooftop was pretty stupid."

"You saw the whole thing?" she groans.

I laugh, "I saw the whole thing. Tell me, why did you dye your brother's hair pink?" I ask. "When he screamed out your name earlier, I thought he was going to kill me for just talking to you."

Kaia holds in a laughter, "He broke my laptop the other day because I went on that date," she admits. When she realised she just admitted to going on a date, her eyes widen. "I mean, I went to the restaurant all alone, without inviting him," she lies trying to act casual.

I lift up her right arm beside me and put them over my shoulder as I help her support her weight.

"What are you doing?" she asks, surprised.

"Let's go to the nurse's office, you probably sprained your ankle," I tell her.

She shakes her head, "Nah, it's okay. I think I'm fine," she says. I arch an eye brow at her. She removes her arm away from my shoulder and tries to demonstrate that she's fine. She walks and I could see her face winces in pain but makes no sound.

I look at her ankle and I could tell by the way she walks she's in a lot of pain. I grab her right arm again and put it over my shoulder. "Come on, let's go to the nurse's office." She tries to move her arm again but I hold on to her wrist from moving. "It's either this way or I carry you," I threaten.

She purses her lips, "I don't want to go to the nurse's office. I'm still embarrassed that I fell down the stairs. If people find out that I actually got hurt, it'd be so embarrassing," she mutters.

"Shit, you can actually get embarrassed?" I feign shock.

Her face drops with annoyance, "Shut up. Go away, I'm not in that much pain to need help," she spat.

I laugh, "You're just like your brother, never wanting to show pain," I state.

"Oh, so your such close friends with Kieran that you can actually point out the similarities we have with each other?" she jokes. We begin to walk as I support Kaia's weight on her right side.

I nod, "Yeah, we actually became friends. I think," I say.

"You think?" she arches an eye brow.

I smile, "Your brother is my first friend, so that's why I'm not that certain if he's my friend or not."

She frowns, "Kieran's your first friend?" she sounds shocked.

I nod, "Yeah. I don't have any friends before Kieran."

"Why?"

"Because I didn't want any. How can a person like me have any friends here? I'm never in class, I'm always hiding out somewhere, I always use people to get out of class... no one really wants to be my friend," Cade explains.

I can tell Kaia feels a little sympathetic. I smirk, feeling proud to get Kaia to feel sorry for me. "But you just said that the Scooby-Doo girls want's to date you," she says.

"Yeah, cause I'm hot and rebellious. Not because they like spending time with me," I say, trying to push her sympathy more. If I get her to feel sorry for me, she'd probably fall for me. I noticed that Kaia has a soft spot for people with no friends or victims of bullies. She probably has a soft spot for more different types of people.

"Wait a minute, didn't you say that you almost always lie. That's a lie too, isn't it?" she accuses. I grin.

"What? No, it's true. I'm all alone," I pretend to look sad.

"Yeah, right. As if you have no friends," she says.

We stop in front of an empty classroom. I open the door and I allow Kaia to sit on a chair. "I'll be back," I tell her. I head to the front of the classroom, grabbing the first aid kit in the teacher's drawers. I know that that Mr Riley wouldn't be happy with me taking things out of his drawers, but it's not like I haven't done it before.

I move back to Kaia and I kneel in front of her. She takes off her shoes and her socks, to reveal her swollen ankle.

"You probably need ice for that," I tell her. She pulls up her bag from her side and takes out an ice box. I smirk, "You have an ice box in your bag? Do you happen to have alcohol in there too?" I joke.

She rolls her eyes, "Very funny," she mutters. I take the ice box from her hand and place it on her ankle. She hisses. "It's cold," she says.

"I noticed something about you," I say, wrapping some paper rolls around the ice box. I hand the ice box back to her and she places it on her ankle.

"That I'm hilarious?" she smiles with pride.

"No," I say. Her smile disappears into a scowl. "You don't like to show people that you're in pain, but only to those you trust," I state, leaning against the counter tables.

"Doesn't everyone?" she asks, her eyes fixated on her ankle. She hisses again as she moves the ice box.

"Yeah, so it's true. That means you trust me enough to show me you're in pain," I state, smirking. Her whole body tenses and she looks up at me. She shifts uncomfortable in her seat and looks back down to her foot, not denying that she trusts me.

"Don't take it to the heart, I tend to trust people easily," she mutters.

"Yeah, you tend to care about everyone too," I say.

She frowns, "No I don't," she says defensively.

I laugh, "I saw the way you talk to Ben, Mrs Harper and even Vivian. All three people you hate, but yet you show a little soft spot for them too," I state. It's true. I saw the way she talked to Ben and Mrs Harper. I know she doesn't like them but she talks to them as though she wants to protect them or she still cares about them despite what they're like.

"Ha, when did I ever show any sympathy towards Vivian?" she laughs.

"You say hi to her every day as though you two are friends," I state, remembering the time at her house when she greets Vivian.

"Okay fine. I don't hate them. I don't hate anyone," she says.

"Yeah, because you care about everyone to the point you can't hate them. Despite that they annoy you to your bones, you will always want to protect them when they are upset or whatever," I say. Kaia groans with annoyance.

"No, I don't. That's a lie. I don't protect people who doesn't deserve to be protected," she spat.

"That's what you wish you felt but that's not what you really feel. You feel like you have a responsibility to look after everyone because you don't really worry much about your own life. You have time to think about others," I state. I could sense she's getting angry. "Don't get offended by it. It's a good personality to have. It would make you becoming a lawyer much easier because you'd feel passionate about it."

I could see all the anger vanish away from her. She looks up at me, "Really?" she asks. I could tell this has turned into a compliment in her mind.

I nod, "Really. You protect people who need protecting," I tell her. "But an issue can arise as to where your loyalty lies."

She glares at me and I laugh. "What? I'm a very loyal person!" she pouts, avoiding to look at me.

"Highly doubt it," I state.

After ten minutes, Kaia puts the ice box down. I twist around her foot to let her muscles relax. Honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing and I think Kaia should go to the nurse's office but she keeps saying that it's nothing and her ankle is actually feeling much better. But I'm not sure if she's telling the truth. Kaia hides away her pain.

Maybe, if I make her open up to me, she would want to date me? I look at Kaia. I have no idea how to seduce her into dating me but it's a challenge I want to take. Kaia, you better be careful because I'm going to make you fall in love with me so much that you are going to forget about all your morals.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 148 23
Zoey Holland, average teen? Kinda, she's an out going girl, a trouble maker. But she also gets her work done and gets 90's, she's super smart, but al...
254K 6.3K 39
Colton glared at her. "Not in a million years would I ever date you." Maya is the new girl and she has an odd description; bitchy, careless, funny, a...
946K 28.5K 54
Nicole Evers' parents unexpectedly leave for a "business trip" leaving Nicole all alone, but her parents decide its best for Nicole to stay at the Va...
330K 8.9K 38
He smirks ][ I smile He drinks beer][ I drink water He fights][ I shop He parties][ I read He doesn't love][ I don't love What will happen...