King of Spades |Book 1|

Od hannaxoxo_

*ONGOING* BOOK #1 OF THE BLACKWOOD SERIES | All she wants is her life back. She wants her mom to hold her, a... Viac

Book Description
Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter 1 • New Life
Chapter 2 • Nice to Meet You
Chapter 3 • First Day
Chapter 4 • Be Extraordinary
Chapter 5 • Seeing You Around
Chapter 6 • A Day Full of Wonder
Chapter 7 • Gym
Chapter 8 • The Run-in
Chapter 9 • Lunch Time
Chapter 10 • Why Are They Here?
Chapter 11 • Harriet's Wish
Chapter 12 • The Good & The Bad
Chapter 13 • Overprotective Much?
Chapter 14 • Two Weeks
Chapter 15 • Regrets
Chapter 16 • Hang Outs & Movie Night
Chapter 17 • Not The Time
Chapter 18 • I Noticed Something About You
Chapter 19 • Birthday Wishes
Chapter 20 • That Won't Happen
Authors Note
Chapter 21 • I'm Sorry
Chapter 22 • Never Forget
Chapter 23 • King Of Spades
Chapter 24 • You Knew All Along
Chapter 25 • I Needed To Change
Chapter 26 • The Hypocritical Side
Chapter 27 • Halloween
Chapter 28 • Monday
Chapter 29 • Breaks Me
Chapter 30 • Emotions Pt.1
Chapter 30 • Emotions Pt.2
Authors Note
Chapter 31 • Cheeseburgers
Chapter 32.5 • Notches
Chapter 33 • Good Thing I Can
Chapter 34 • Are You Done?
Authors Note (IMPORTANT)
IMPORTANT
Chapter 35 • One...
Chapter 36 • Selfish
Wow..
SOOOOOO
Chapter 37 • Life
Chapter 37.5 • No Tears
Chapter 38 • The Beginning of the End
UPDATE 2021

Chapter 32 • Why Is This Happening?

1.5K 72 14
Od hannaxoxo_

•Rayan's POV•

When I wake up déjà vu hits me like a truck.

Here I am, again, LAYING ON TOP OF THE HOTTEST GUY I KNOW. Yes, it's different now, but still I actually can't believe this is happening again.

It's funny to look back now and see how underdeveloped our relationship was when I accidentally feel asleep on top of him, now, I lay on him with a whole new perspective. I can't say I hate it either.

Without trying to wake the sleeping Salem, I gently put my arm behind my back an remove his from around my waist. Then, I put my other hand on the left side of his head, not touching. I do the same with the other, but putting it on the right.

I count to three, then lift myself up so my upper half is hovering over him. For being a gang leader, who should be alert at all times, Salem is a pretty heavy sleeper.

Slowly, I move my legs so I involuntarily straddle him, just for a split second. But, this predicament just isn't in my favor.

His eyes slowly open, then focus on me, then focus on how I'm positioned on top of him. That cocky smirk plays on his lips as he looks at me.

"If you wanted to be this intimate all you had to do was ask, Cupcake, no need to take advantage of me while I'm sleeping," he says. I roll my eyes at his nickname for me. Usually it's Elijah and Clayton's pet name, but Salem sometimes picks it up.

I then smirk. "Necrophilia isn't my thing."

"What? I'm not even dead yet."

"You will be if you don't remove your hands from my waist."

He looks down to see his hands have subconsciously moved to my waist. His eyes widen slightly but then they turn mischievous.

"So, it bothers you if I do this?" He rubs his thumb back and fourth on my sides. I resist the urge to shiver from his touch. Then, he moves me so I'm sitting on his lower half, making me gasp.

"Or this?" He whispers, moving his hands up my shirt slightly, grazing the bottom of my ribs. My cheeks heat up an my eyes widen. This isn't happening, is it?

"How about this?" He says, barely audible. His hands slide down an graze the waistband of my sweatpants.

Then, all of a sudden, he stops an smirks up at me. "This will have to be postponed, babe, I'm a little hungry."

He grips my hips an places me beside him, then he gets up an struts to my bathroom. I sit there gaping at him. Did he really just initiate a move on me, then 'postpone' it? Can't say that I'm not disappointed.

"Salem Christopher Wyatt, you are the biggest pain in the ass I know," I say in a grumpy voice as I get up an walk to my bathroom too. He stands there brushing his teeth with his finger, smirking as he stares back at me in the mirror.

"I've never really causes ass pain before, I think I like the new title." He says as he washes out his mouth an leaves the bathroom

I roll my eyes an bypass him to get to my cabinet, pulling out a hair scrunchy an my toothbrush. After I put my hair in a bun an brush my teeth, I go to get on normal clothes.

"Hey, can I borrow some clothes from one of your brothers?" Salem asks causally as he lays on my bed wearing a smirk like the pompous prick he is.

"Sure," I deadpan, walking out to grab the clothes.

My steps falter once I come back into my room with the clothes. My mouth goes dry an my hands become clammy as I stare at the scene before me.

There Salem stands, shirtless, running a hand through his hair. I get perfect view of his sculptured abs and toned chest. His tattoo stands out against his light tan skin. He slightly turns to the side, giving view of his rib cage, which is covered in scars, no doubt the other one being identical.

I want to ask about them, but I don't.

I blatantly stare, not ashamed of what I'm looking at. When I reach his face, it's a twist between pride and cockiness.

"Why are you looking at me like I'm the last piece of cake on earth?"

That snaps me out of my daze. I throw the clothes at his face an turn to go down the stairs. "I'll be making breakfast."

When I'm in the kitchen I stop dead in my tracks. Navy stops half way of putting a piece of toast in his mouth, looking up to me from his phone. We stare at each other in silence. My mind is racing with what I'm going to do with Salem. Navy's going to tell Dane and I'll be dead. Maybe I should have thought of the consequences before hand.

"Hey, can I use your wifi-" Salem stops talking once he sees Navy. I whip around with wide eyes.

"Oh, hell to the fucking no," he growls, taking a step towards an now amused Navy.

"Calm down Mufasa I'm not here to steal the Pridelands," Navy says in his stuck-up cocky tone. I turn an glare at him, then push Salem to the other side of the room without looking at him.

Navy stands up from his stool an crosses his arms across his chest. He slowly walks towards Salem, sizing him up. They're both the same height and build, and both have an intimidation about them. But, something about Salem is more feral, more deadly. Whenever I see Navy I just see intimidation. That's it.

"Why aren't you kids in school? It's almost Seven-thirty," Navy asks, keeping direct contact with Salem.

Damn, I've missed three days already, Dane is definitely going to kill me. When I look at Salem I see the anger that is rarely there. The anger that only shows on certain moments. Like after I told him that Navy and I dated for almost two years. Thinking about it now, if I told him about Sasha's love profession I don't know what he'd do.

"Why the fuck are you even here?" Salem shoots back, now taking a step forwards.

"Why the hell are you talking to me like that?" Navy retorts. They now stand nose to nose, neither one backing down.

I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest. Are they really doing this right now? None of us have time for this bullshit.

"I'll talk to you any way I want," Salem growls. Navy looks like he's about to punch him when he looks over at my expression. Slowly, he takes a step back, running a hand through his hair.

Salems notices too an looks at me, then gulps. "Sorry, Rayan."

I roll my eyes again as I walk over the the fridge, preparing to make myself eggs.

****

"We need to talk."

I look behind me in my bathroom mirror an see Navy standing there. His arms are folded over his broad chest, and his eyebrows are drawn together. I know that face. It's the face where I won't like what he's going to say.

Finishing braiding my hair, I turn around an look at him, waiting for him to continue. Salem went home to get ready for school, even though we've already missed some morning classes. Now it's just Navy and I here.

Alone.

For a moment, I know he wants to reach out to me, touch me in some way. The slight shift of his body tells me he's uncomfortable. He won't though, he knows his boundaries.

"Well?" I ask now growing impatient. He usually was the ultimate procrastinator.

With one final sigh, he starts.

****

"WHAT?" I yell at the top of my lungs, shooting up from my sitting position on my bed.

My head spins, everything now seeming to be in the middle of black and white. How could this happen? I can't loose him. Not him too.

"I know I under appreciate what we had but I'm sorry okay? Please you can't leave me too," I whisper. My hands start to shake out in front of me. Why is this happening?

"Rayan, look at me," he says, getting up from his seat too. He grabs my hands, steadying their nervous stutter.

My mom. My dad. My sister. Jett. And now Navy, will soon be gone too.

My entire flood of emotions now turn accusatory. "Do you want to leave me? Is that it? Are you planning on running out on me like everyone else?"

"No," he says firmly. His hands move to my face, brining it closer to his. "It's only Stage 2, okay? I'm a fighter, Ray, I can get past this."

"Navy," I breathe out. "You have Papillary Stage 2 thyroid cancer, soon it'll be Stage 3, then Stage 4, then, you'll be gone."

"I have a five year 100% survival rate at Stage 2, I'm not going anywhere."

The strength in his voice makes my knees weak. They actually almost give out.

Navy. My Navy. My first love, and someone who was once the reason why I smile, has cancer. I was never told the trait runs on his father's side. Or that his aunt died of it. Or that his mother had him tested every year of his life for it. I was never told that the days when he told me he was visiting his grandparents he was actually getting blood work done.

Nobody told me that he was diagnosed with Stage 1 when he was 12, but went into remission six months later.

How could I be so blind to everything that's in my life? I didn't know my father was the leader of a gang. I never knew Salem was related to Harriet. Or that my sister was with Dante, or that was brother was with Simone. No one prepared me for this stuff. No one.

His arms wrapping around me, brings me out of my state of nothingness. I hold onto him tight, not letting go for the life of me. We might not be together anymore, but I'll still always love him in a way. Those strong of feelings will never change.

I remember when I used to convince myself I hated him. How I would try and make myself hate him. I remember when I told myself throughout our relationship that Sasha would have been a better choice.

How naïve I was to think that he wasn't enough.

Meanwhile | Sasha
I watch as Luca slices the knife slowly across Lennon's throat. He was Jay's second in command, now he's nothing. Blood trickles downs the guys chest as he gasps for air.

That's a bad way to go.

The cords to his windpipe are cut, making him sound like a fish out of water. Deep down inside I think Luca enjoys the way people die. He likes to see the soul leave their bodies. He likes to watch the eyes dilate an the breathing come in rasps. He enjoys seeing someone fade into nothingness.

A sociopath at his best.

Sure, he has emotions, but I can tell the real from fabricated. When Rayan found out what he did to Jett, he was upset from her new found hatred for him, but now he doesn't care. When he found out his father was dead, he was sad, but now he laughs at the idea of the man even being alive.

It scares me honestly, it scares me that someone can just use their off switch whenever. It's like his humanity is leaving him as fast as his sanity.

____________________
HEY GUYS. WHAT THE FUCK IS UP? Lol did you miss me? I missed you:)

Hope you enjoyed the chapter...please don't hate me...

I KNOW, OKAY? I KNOW, BUT THERES REASONS FOR THIS.

When I first started to outline this book (about 9 months ago) I wrote down a few notes. If I were to show you those notes the FIRST one would be "Navy-thyroid cancer", the idea is so developed that I had to put it in. I didn't even gives you clues to this either. YOU WERE AS CLUELESS AS RAYAN WAS LOL.

But don't worry, my babe Navy is a fighter.

Salem & Navy attached to the Chapter:) Max Irons & Chace Crawford are my boys lol

also...you know when I said Ravy was a sunken ship? Just remember that authors LOVE to play mind games...mwah haha

QOTD | What's your favorite chapter so far? I really loved writing Halloween

Anywho, please don't be a silent reader. Comment & VOTE please:):):)

Next chapter will be some of school and the Ralem date, so stay tuned until next week<3

Have a great day:) (sorry for the long ending note)

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

25.8K 842 18
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
42.7K 1.8K 18
"Show me somethin' different once, I come from where there's no love." COPYRIGHT 23. #1 ATLANTA 05/01/2024 🏆
7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
104K 4.2K 190
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...