Dare

By Bella_1Dx

❝It was rather beautiful: the way he put her insecurities to sleep. The way he dove into her eyes and starved... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Authors Note: News

Chapter 21

2.8K 79 5
By Bella_1Dx

| Twenty One |

I struggle with all my bags and try to find my keys. I was hot and irritated with all the heavy bags, my body was begging for rest. After a few minutes of struggling, I clutch onto my keys and push it into the keyhole, forcing the door open.

As I take a step, I feel myself come to a halt. My gaze falls onto not only one but two body's in the room. The bottom of my lip dropped down as I stood there frozen.

"Oh hey Ariana," Harry smirks.

He wasn't alone. A pair of legs straddled around his waist as his hands gripped tightly onto her waist. Sat on top of him, in now complete dismay, was Blair.

I swallow. I winced at an unexpected pain in my chest.

I could feel myself tense at this awkward situation, and I couldn't understand why I felt myself become... frustrated by it all?

My irritation wasn't directed at Blair. I knew what she was doing. She had only recently gone through a difficult situation with Matthew, I knew this was all just a distraction for her.

It wasn't like she hadn't made me aware that she was interested in Harry either.

There was nothing wrong with this. There wasn't anything wrong with what either of them were partaking in. So why was I feeling the way I was?

Perhaps, I subconsciously expected respect from someone like Harry. I'm just as confused myself why I would, he didn't owe me anything when you think about it. We were still mostly strangers to each other. Or were we?

We had opened up to each other emotionally when we went to the diner. Maybe it meant something to me more than I thought.

To see something like this occur, in my own dorm room, well I guess that is what has provoked this scornful feeling.

I guess that more complex side to Harry I thought he had at the diner wasn't real. He reminded me how he was just another bland guy with the same dull intentions. The immaturity was nauseating.

I don't respect how he thought this was ok. Regardless of anything, who wants to see people getting off in your own room.

I swallow before forcing a smile onto my face.

"Don't mind me," I smile.

I walk over to my side of the bed and release the bags from my aching arms. I couldn't allow myself to look at them as they sat there staring, the silence was deafening.

There was no chance I was going to stay here, I mean who would. I decided I would sort my bags out later, picking up my phone and walking back over to the door, once again, ignoring them.

"Don't let me interrupt, have fun." I wave.

I happen to glance over at Blair quickly but her eyes dart away. She looked concerned.

"Where are you going?" She whispers.

I looked back over and smile. I finally allowed myself to look at the two of them. Harry's reaction seemed to surprise me a little, he looked a little surprised himself.

I didn't even know where I was going, but anywhere else was better than staying here. Seeing Niall today couldn't have come better I guess, remembering his invite made me feel at ease.

"Just to see Niall and everyone." I smile.

As I said it, it almost seemed Harry winced slightly on hearing the name. His eyes were now glaring at me intensely and his eyebrows lowered with his pink lips pierced together.

I smirk and walk towards the door, shutting it without looking back.

I take a deep breath, feeling all too overwhelmed. The situation was just overall awkward and I didn't need the negative energy.

When I finally reach Niall's dorm, I hesitate for a moment. I didn't know what I was going to say.

I knock on the door and watch it swing open moments later, only to be greeted by Louis.

"Oh Ariana, hey." He grins. "I wasn't expecting you."

I freeze at first, I don't know why. All these mixed emotions came and the scene with Harry and Blair replayed over and over in my mind. I was fine.

My face crumples and Louis notices.

"Ariana? Is everything ok?" He asks.

For some reason, I felt a warm tear drip down the side of my cheek. I wasn't bothered so why was this happening? Perhaps I was just angry. I cry when I'm angry. I hated how he always got his way.

"What's wrong?" Louis asks as he pulls me into a hug.

A concerned look plasters on his face. I wipe the one exposed tear and lean my head on his shoulder as I hear the shouts from the boys in the room on what I assumed were from playing a game, oblivious to the situation out here. It was better they hadn't noticed. I was embarrassed enough from releasing any form of emotion onto Louis, who I barely knew myself.

"Look I'm fine, I don't know why that just happened, sorry." I say. "Niall invited me tonight, I just thought I'd see how you guys were."

"Ariana, tell me what's up for real."

I look at him, taking a deep breath before my gaze falls to the floor.

"Can I talk to you in private?" I stutter.

"Of course,"

He closes the door and pulls me a side.

"What's wrong then?' He asks.

"It's genuinely nothing... it's stupid."

"Tell me."

I sigh.

"Just walked into my dorm to find Harry and my room mate getting off..."

Louis sighs. He didn't seem that surprised.

"Look it's not what you think, I'm just I guess agitated. I cry sometimes when I'm angry. I genuinely don't even care that much, I'm just frustrated. It's how he's not been leaving me alone and then pulls this kind of shit." I say, returning to usual self.

"Ariana, look I understand don't worry." He reassures. "Harry's just being a wind up, you know the type of guy he is. I'm not excusing it, but try not let it get to you."

I nod.

"Yeah I know, I–I honestly don't know why it got to me this much. I think it's just all in the moment kind of thing. I know the type of guy he is, it's the fact he chose the place he knew I would walk into and see. I hate being made a fool of." I respond.

"Don't think of it like that, he's the one that is. He's my mate and all but don't take this to heart," he says. "See look, thinking about it, he's probably just irritated by something. By you."

"By me?"

He nods.

"I mean haven't you been rejecting the guy." He chuckles.

I smile slightly.

"Yeah but I've only been honest for both our sakes and made it clear to him that I don't want anything. I don't want this one night stand at all. It's his own issue for further pursing this. I don't owe him anything. So I don't know what I've done to him?"

"Harry just goes too far sometimes. Unless you got with someone at the party, maybe he's just trying to one up you." He chuckles.

My eyes dart to him.

"Well..." I chuckle.

"You got with someone?" He says a little startled.

"No, well not really." I chuckle. "I only just danced with Zayn for a bit and now to mention it, Harry was..."

Louis chuckles to himself.

"Ah here we go, I mean Harry's a bit of a playboy anyhow, but I guess we've got his motive now." Louis smirks.

"What do you mean?"

"Look Ariana, he's just trying to get to you. I know this is kinda messed up but Harry doesn't give a fuck about the girls he gets with. I guess you must have something on him to be really effecting him this much." He chuckles.

I roll my eyes.

"No, it's just his ego." I chuckle myself.

He smiles to himself.

"What?"

"I just haven't seen Harry like this before, it's kind of funny actually."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 576 57
Morgan was just your normal teenage girl. Pretty popular, decent looking, average grades, but being locked in a classroom for six hours with a murder...
57.1K 1.7K 24
Sometimes our lives change when we least expect them to. We meet our best friends in when we're unprepared to make friends. Our lives change so drast...
164K 3.1K 26
[completed] ❝i know what we did last night was so wrong, but why does this feel so right?❞ A story in which a student and her teacher fall head over...
10.2K 477 33
She's the kind of girl you see roaming through the halls quietly, full of anxiety, she worries about everything. She doesn't like to be alone, never...