Dare

By Bella_1Dx

❝It was rather beautiful: the way he put her insecurities to sleep. The way he dove into her eyes and starved... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Authors Note: News

Chapter 11

3.1K 93 6
By Bella_1Dx

| Eleven |

"I'll start," I begin.

I start thinking about various possible questions I could ask him. I wanted to go deeper than just what his favourite this or that was. My eyes dart around before settling on the dangling silver around his neck which was glistening against the sun.

"Why do you always wear that chain around your neck every day?"

He tensed a little and his eyes wonder away from mine.

"It's... nothing." he mumbles.

"Are you really going to be like this?" I ask.

He sighs.

"My mother got it for me... she's not here anymore." Harry mumbles.

I watch his hand grip deeply onto the table as he tries his best to maintain control of himself, staring at the view.

I stutter. I thought he just didn't want to talk, I didn't realise it was that personal.

"I am so sorry Harry." I stutter, feeling a sense of guilt radiate through me.

He doesn't respond, his lips press together, staring through the glass.

"I understand how you're feeling." I swallow.

"You don't." He grits.

I look at him, my eyebrows lowering.

"My," I took a deep breath. "I know what it's like... my father passed away, so I do... I do understand."

Harry's face shot round, staring at me.

"I was really close to him," I stutter. "So I do understand that your pain. That heartbreak that no one could ever begin to imagine unless they've experienced that kind of loss."

He slowly nods for me to continue, his eyes fixed on me.

"What about your mother," he asks quietly, his voice deep and rough.

"My mother, well that's quite a story in itself. She... didn't cope well. My aunt and uncle ended up caring for me and my siblings. They're amazing... I'm grateful for every single person that possess such kind souls like them."

It felt weird spilling this to him. I hadn't really mentioned my family in quite a long time and to let it out was so very frightening but oddly satisfying all the same. Especially due to the fact he seemed to genuinely listen, almost as if he did have more to this cold character he had constructed.

Harry smiles sympathetically, his eyes studying mine.

I was surprised Harry and I seemed to have something in common, something so personal. It felt refreshing, especially since he could understand.

"I have a sister," He says after a while.

I nod, forcing a small smile. If he could mention one bit of his life, even the smallest, I appreciated it. I understand how hard it is sometimes to convey such emotions, so I knew this tiny reveal was a lot for him, a sign of care.

There was a moment of silence before Harry spoke.

"How old are you?" Harry questions, changing the subject.

"Twenty one," I reply.

He smirks, recovering from the slight vulnerability he exposed to me just seconds ago.

"So final year, what are you studying again?"

"Psychology," I smile.

He smirks.

"And what do you plan to do after college then."

"I'm unsure, it's a scary process, all this change. But I definitely want to get recruited in that field of work. Maybe do a masters and possible PHD." I inform.

"Sounds interesting. Sometimes I wish I furthered my studies."

"And why didn't you?" I inquire.

He shrugs as he fiddles with his ring on the table.

"Complications I guess, with work and all. It wasn't necessary either for me as money wasn't an issue."

I nod.

"But you have time," he says.

"Yeah I know. I'm just torn about what to do. I also just get concerned about living options after I leave. I want to find my own apartment but it's just finding one and roommates along with that. I'm not in the greatest financial situation either." I chuckle uncomfortably.

He begins to chuckle slightly.

"What?"

"Well funny thing is, I might be able to help you out with that one."

I laugh, assuming he is joking.

"And how could the Harry Styles possibly help me out?"

He rolls his eyes but his smirk was still glued to his face.

"I'm serious. I have a place. Definitely enough space for another." he chuckles, still playing with his ring on the table with the other arm rested on the top of the booth.

I stare at him, almost taken back upon his actual seriousness.

"Are being for real?" I say, raising an eyebrow.

He bites his lip, shuffling in his seat slightly.

"I mean I have a space open. You mentioned you needed a place."

I look down and soon back to him.

"Are you seriously considering this when you've known me for two days." I chuckle, rolling my eyes.

He smiles.

"All I'm saying is that a roommate wouldn't be so bad right now. I can tell by now you don't seem to be a problem... I'm sure you'll be fine there." He says as he his eyes scan over me. "It's just an offer if you're concerned about that situation."

I stare at him, biting my lip as I find myself genuinely considering it. Soon enough, I slowly nod for him to continue.

He educates me about the place and the financial cost for a while. Unfortunately for me, with some of the photos he produced of the room, location wise and cost... it seemed too good to be true. I was genuinely taken back by some of the photos he produced. It was stunning. It's just him that ruined it. I just couldn't... it would be awkward anyway. I know we didn't need to get along to be roommates, whilst it is extremely recommended you do, it just seemed odd. Why would I consider this?

"You would love it. Just an offer, don't overthink anything."

"Look, it seems great. But I think I'll have to say no to this offer. But thank you." I smile. "Anyway, I'd rather not have to hear every time you bring someone back."

I chuckle.

"Well the offer still stands. You know where to find me when you change your mind."

"When?" I chuckle. "You mean 'if'"

"No, I mean when."

I roll my eyes.

His confidence was intimidating. It felt like he knew everything, he knew I was considering. He could easily read me sometimes, maybe I am just too transparent with my emotions.

Eventually, our food and drinks arrive and my mouth waters. I take a sip of my water, feeling it gush down me. Harry dug into his food almost straight away, using the side of his hand as a napkin.

"Why don't you just use a napkin," I say as he wipes his mouth with his hand for the hundredth time.

He continues to ignore me as he gulps down his food.

I just roll my eyes and dug into mine.

We carried on the day asking each other questions. It was to the point we were genuinely getting along, making each other laugh until our tummy's hurt. I listened to his crazy life stories whilst he listened to me getting passionate over all my favourite novels.
I couldn't believe I was able to say that Harry and I managed to converse in intellectual conversations when he surprised me by sharing  his own opinion of the books which he too had read. I was completely astonished to say the least, that here we were, getting along on a deeper level than I could have ever believed.

By now, the diner was the only source of light. The darkness had engulfed the outside, confronting the diner with it's bleak and chilling atmosphere. Sat by the glass wall, I couldn't help but feel a little vulnerable and exposed to whatever lurked out there.

I push the plate away from me as soon as I finish, having been uncomfortably watched by Harry as a consequence of him finishing first.

I look at Harry as his eyes wonder down from my eyes to my lips and down to my chest.

"Harry," I snap.

Why do some guys do this like honestly.

"What," He says, putting his hands up playfully as if he was innocent.

"You know," I roll my eyes.

"Can I ask you another question?" He asks.

I shrug. "I guess,"

He leans back, getting comfortable.

"Are you a virgin?" he asks casually.

"What?" I say, choking on my water.

"Are you a—" he repeats.

"I heard you Harry. Why are you asking me that?"

"What?" He chuckles. "Just tell me."

"I'd rather not answer that right now."

"Come on,"

"Harry stop asking ok," I say getting irritated as he further provoked me.

"Calm down, it's just a question. Just answer."

I stare at him with disgust.

"I've had enough." I say, getting up. "I can't be bothered with this."

"You want to go to a more private area?" He smirks.

"Are you serious? I'm leaving, without you."

"I bet you are one." He winks as he ignores me. "I like that you're innocent." 

I can't believe him. The way he continued despite how I told him how uncomfortable I was.

I just had enough.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 2.8K 48
"When you're young, everything feels like the end of the world. But it's not, it's just the beginning." We were ruined after I left her alone. She wa...
237K 4.3K 31
((This story was written and completed in 2012)) I was 15 when I met him. The curly haired, cheeky flirt himself found his way into my life. He stole...
10.2K 477 33
She's the kind of girl you see roaming through the halls quietly, full of anxiety, she worries about everything. She doesn't like to be alone, never...
491K 7.4K 46
BOOK 1: She was a twenty one year old, trying to live her dream of managing a café. He was a member of the world famous boy band who didn't believe l...