Dreams, Not So Romantic ✔(A T...

By soulfulSAZ

Highest ranking #1 in Spiritual uncountable times Alhumdulillah.. #2 in Spiritual 10 plus times Alhumdulillah... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Authors note :)
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
A Request.. (Old)
Chapter 8
A/N (Old)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Not An Update..🙉 (Old)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 (1)
Chapter 34 (2)
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Covers..
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 (1)
Chapter 38 (2)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (1)
Chapter 41 (2)
Chapter 42
Chapter 43 (1)
Chapter 43 (2)
Chapter 44
Last Chapter
Epilogue
Sarah's Pregnancy #Bonus Chapter
In The Pursuit of Love

Chapter 9

16.2K 999 115
By soulfulSAZ

So as promised.. Here is the next update. . Enjoy.. And comment:)

Sarah

It is Saturday today and I am nervous like hell. I had come back from college early today due to..uhum.. You know what.

After offering zuhr namaz I was reading surah muzammil when  mamma came to my room and she had asked me to wear some nice clothes as they were coming after asr.

Sorry to say this but mamma was really getting on my nerves with all her "beta achhe se taiyyar hona, thode achhe kapde phn lena or kajal wajal bhi laga lena" (get ready nicely, wear nice clothes and put some kajal).

Aaaargghhh.

And here I am wearing my hijab. I had started getting ready after asr namaz. I was wearing a blue colour long kurta with lemon leggings and a lemon coloured dupatta with blue hijab.

As per the orders of my mom, I had put a little of BB cream and kajal. I was not a very makeup person. Just kajal sometimes and some liner thats it.

After sometime the bell rang making me sit on the bed with a thud. My heart sank just thinking about it. I sat there fidgeting with my fingers when mamma called me to come downstairs.

My heart beating rapidly, as I made my way to the door my phone rang. I was about to close the door behind me but stopped in my tracks in confusion whether to pick up the phone or not.

But then, thinking that it maybe an important call I reached out to the phone and picked it up.

"Hello"

"Hi!! Am I speaking to Miss. Sarah Ismail?" the voice on the other side queried.

"Um.. Yes speaking" I replied back.

"Ohkayy!! Hi Sarah I am Hiba from AYS Pvt Ltd. You gave  interview a few days before in your college for our company, right?" The lady asked.

Ya Allah. Is it... Am I..

No. No dont get your hopes high Sarah.

"Umm.. Sarah? Helloo. Are you there?"

"Yes yes, I gave the interview"

"So, Congratulations Sarah, you have been selected for the job. The other details like the joining details will me mailed to you. Okk"

I was blank. I got placed. I got the job. Yess.

Alhumdulillah..

"Thanku ma'am. Thanku so much. Bye" and with that I hung up the phone and went in sujood (prostration) thanking Allah SWT for this job and for everything.

I was literally jumping and screaming in my room and then ran down to tell mamma screaming.

"Mamma, mamma.." I called her.

"What happen Sarah?" she came running towards me and I smiled and hugged and kissed her on the cheek.

"Mamma I got placed.. I got the job. Yayy. Alhumdulillah" I said jumping and twirling her.

Mamma smiled and cupped my face in her palms and said, "MashaAllah, my daughter is the best"

I rolled my eyes. Moms and their pride for their child.

"Oh no mamma, I am no-" I turned around and to my horror I saw a lady standing their in the drawing room and smiling.

Holy sh- crap.

With all this happiness I had forgot that they had come. But their was only a middle aged lady and no one else. Dont they come in dozens when they come to see a girl.

Yeah. Welcome to India.

I stood their staring at her with my mouth hung open when mamma cleared her throat and I came back to my senses.

"Umm.. Assalamualaikum" I said in a meek voice.

"Walaikumassalam beta" she said coming up to me and passed her hand on my head and said,

"Mubarak ho beta"

"Jazakallah" I said not looking up.

My mom asked her to sit and we three sat on the sofas.

"MashaAllah Iram, your daughter is very pretty" the lady said with a warm smile looking at me.

Had it been any other day, any other women and any other situation I would have felt happy and would have blushed but at this moment other dreading thoughts were overpowering my mind.

What if they dont want you to work.
My mind echoed.

But she congratulated me.
I replied to my mind.

You fool. Then what would had she said. No you will not work. Duh.

But..

Uff shut up. They havnt even said yes. You are thinking way too ahead.

"So child, how are your studies going?" the lady asked me.

"Umm.. Good Alhumdulillah" I replied looking up once and then again lowered my gaze.

"MashaAllah, and when are your exams?" She again queried.

"After 5 months, InshaAllah" I replied with smile.

"Ohkayy" she again smiled looking from me to mamma.

We sat their for another 15 minutes or so when she got up to leave.

"Say my salam to Ismail bhaisahab" she said turning back from the door.

"Yes I will InshaAllah" mamma smiled back.

Then she looked at me and said putting her hand on my cheek,
"Take care beta, and study well"

I nodded and smiled. Then we followed her to the gate only to see the grand black colour mercedes parked at our gate.
She sat in it and after saying our salams she left.

The first thought that came to my mind was..

Wow they are rich.

Ah as if I care.

But the lady seems nice. She was humble and not the typical 'I am the grooms side' mom.

We entered when I asked mamma of baba's whereabouts.
She said that one of his friends was in the hospital and he had gone to see him.

"Sarah, she seemed nice na" mamma asked.

"Who mamma" I asked already knowing the answer.

Right now I was munching on the cookies and the samosa which were presented before the guests.
This was a benefit for us, that whenever a guest came we got to eat varities of snacks. Lol.

"Huma aunty's friend, who just went" she said cleaning up the table.

"Umhmm.." I said dryly not wanting to discuss on the matter.

Mamma came and sat next to me
"Sarah, we have a feeling that this is the one for you. If they say yes and if we find everything okay then what is the problem."

"And what about me mamma, you dont care what I want, whether I want to marry or not and for Allah's sake I havnt completed my studies yet" I said calmly not letting my anger overpowering me although it was about to unleash.

"Sarah, beta we are not going to marry you until you finish your studies" she replied.

"And what about my job? What if they say that they dont want me to work. I have just got the job and you very well know that I wanted to do the job from the very beginning" I said unpinning my hijab with frustration.

What. I cant take my frustration on her but I can take it out on my hijab right.

"Firstly I dont think that they will say such thing. They are practicing muslims but they are not orthodox. And secondly, even if they say such thing, you have plenty of time to pursue your career before you get married, right" she said taking my hand in hers.

"I had talked to Huma, and she said that they are very good people, practicing muslims and righteous."

"Besides, it is not yet decided. So.. Umm.. what do you say..um.. Chill!!" Mamma said making gestures with her hand and smiling at me making me smile in return.

"And now, the photo of the boy" Mamma said raising her eyebrow at me taking out an envelope.

I sucked in my breath and my face lost all the colour at hearing those words.

Am I ready for all this?

No. No and No.

Mamma put the envelope in my hand and asked me to have a look at it.

My hands were shaking and I couldnt muster up the courage to open it.

"Open it dear and see. I bet you will not regret" she patted my hand and stood up to clean up the table.

I sighed and reached forward to open the envelope. I had to see it.
Its not that I want to. But mamma wont stop bothering me. So I had to.

I reached forward to open the envelope, my hands shaking, heartbeats racing and I could feel my face heating up.

Ya Allah..

So what do you think guyz.
What will happen?
Will she like him or not ?

That will be revealed in the next chapter.😄😀😀

Till then take care. Allahafiz.

Do not forget to vote, comment and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 6.1K 40
Makson Kingston a 24-year-old cold-hearted CEO. He is known all over the world, owns the biggest company, and is the youngest and the most successful...
142K 7.6K 43
When Neha's parents decided to marry her off. She does not have any option other than marrying him. But when he didn't talk to her atleast for once...
36.4K 6K 67
"I promise you. No one will ever take your place in my heart." ××× "You didn't tell me you were engaged to her," Zameer says gritting his teeth. "Se...
287K 28K 67
#1 in spiritual in 16/6/2019 Previously known as " My very own hijabi" Two young people finding shelter within each other from the world and its evi...