The Boy with Bad Habits

By blackcatbri

[Warning: this book contains SEXUAL content, crude language, drug use & abusive scenarios. If you aren't matu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 61

3.5K 130 1
By blackcatbri

I saw it. The familiar blonde hair that blew back and forth with liveliness. It all took me back to a time where our dreams were short-lived and hearts on a different page.

All I had a view of was her hair. We were at the docks again. One of our special places. Her feet swayed back and forth on the edge. She had to have been uncomfortable.

Humming in bliss, it didn't look like she noticed me. No, I just stared in silence. Rendered speechless at how careless one could be. Her head was tilted down to the water.

The sun was setting and she looked stunning in the view. A poetic, saturated picture. It'd be impossible to imitate.

Her hums stopped and both feet stilled immediately. As though she were in shock, quieted by what was seen.

I began growing curious, and ingnoring the gaping hole she caused in my chest, I went up to her and tapped the pale skin of her shoulder. Only my hand went through her. It appeared, I was nonexistent. An apparition persay.

Realizing this, I kneeled down next her. The movements of her chest were slowing and all at once both ice blue eyes started to droop. They grew heavy with every blink until suddenly, she fell. I tried grabbing her yet I couldn't. The vivacious glow of her presence died with it. As though someone killed her from the inside and siezed any beats from her chest.

My heart sky-rocketed into panic upon witnessing this.

"Rachel!" I hollered in a collection of rasps.

Her body deadpanned straight into the water. With a smack against the murky liquid. She sank instantly and slowly my hand coiled back to its side as my state of nostalgia vanished.

As she disappeared into the quicksand of liquid, in the midst of it a reflection made itself known. Though, the clarity of it was vague, I saw two people. A male and female. Both next to eachother, rather close.

Her head leaned against his shoulder and his arm was around hers. It was quite endearing, yet there wasn't anyone around to create the reflection.

I had been the only one on the docks. Both the boy and girl's image moved but the water did not. Looking around for a couple who might have been the cause of this, I was left clueless.

And so there they were, hardly possible to come up with faces. Judging by the long hair, I knew there was a girl and large stature to her right, there was a boy.

Then all at once, a jerking push on my back knocked me clear off my safe haven into the water. There was no sound, like everything had been in slow motion until accordingly, I was floating.

I didn't put up a struggle in the water. Just let myself drift.

A familiar face appeared before me. Two familiar faces. They were both smiling, joyous and content with happiness.

Their faces weren't coherent. Both had dark hair, in the same position as that reflection. Their postures were up-beat since an expression couldn't be salvaged. As the boy gave off a chuckle, the girl lightly laughed. I too smiled...

My eyelids lurched open. The blinds were closed yet did very little in terms of disguising me from the radiant clouds. The sun was not out, though the contrast of the darkness in my room and outside lit up the small space.

Willow's hair was in an array of dark stray strands that cascaded over my blue pillow case. It was quite a sensual site from a more imaginative perspective. It reminded me of the after effect a night of wild love making can do. Her lips curved in a delectable fashion that pulled me to them, though I did not persist. She probably wouldn't appreciate it and morning breath isn't too desireable no matter how attractive a person is.

I peeled my comforter back just enough for me to scoot out of bed and not to disturb her. Last night's events were still getting to me and almost felt... surreal. As though I had dreamt the whole thing out of thin air, yet she was proof my actions were actually worth it. I pondered how much had happened since I got to Virginia, how my life was starting to look up. Ever since I reconnected with an old friend and acquired a genuine lover.

As I twisted the knob to exit my room, Willow turned over while simultaneously sliding her pale pink dress that lacked its usual length. Her rear came in to my line of vision and I jerked my head almost creating whiplash to escape the enticing sight.

That day I wanted to take Willow out on a date. I gathered a few clothes from the tiny laundry room which consisted of an off brand Polo shirt paired with casual black jeans. Sure a little dressy for my taste but in a way, worth it.

Accordingly, I brushed my teeth and did my normal routine. Although, there was an upbeat pep in my step knowing that Willow was out of harm's way for the time being and I could atleast try to show her a pleasant time.

When heading to the living room, I spotted the same fifty dollar bill as last night. The card Nonna left me was next to it and I unknowingly forgot to read it. Picking it up, I opened the turquoise flap and scanned the inside.

"Ace, every year you ask for the same thing and every year I give you the same thing. But I've had the privilege to raise you to adulthood and no matter what struggles we go through, no matter how much you've grown, you'll always be my dearest nipote. And no matter what challenge life throws at us, your heart is still pure. You'll always be my rock. I apologize for not always being there, especially today. Hope this card can make up for it. Hugs and Kisses from Nonna, enjoy your special day."

My heart always swelled at her deep, handwritten words. Because whether she's with me or not, her love will always comfort me. Everything she had done for me throughout the years, I wondered how she could even put up with me. Guilt always weighed heavy on my heart, because no amount of good behavior or love I could present to her would be enough to repair the damage I idiotically caused.

"Is that the card from your gramma?" I heard a soft careful voice, a few feet behind me ask.

"Yeah," I answered while smiling sadly and returning it to the table, "Regardless of what she does for my birthday, just her being there for me all this time is a gift in itself already. God knows my parents wouldn't have any knowledge of that." My last statement sounded bitter and cold, yet I laughed dryly.

"Hey," she drawled out in sentiment. Her voice grew closer, "You've been doin' alright so far, right? Don't let any of that negative stuff determine your mood for today... I actually have something planned just for us."

My ears perked up, "You... do?" I was puzzled considering my birthday was through. Aside from that, I had contemplated over different proposals for us as well.

"You don't have to worry about that, my birthday's over. Let me treat you."
When I turned around, she still wore her pale pink dress with lace wrapped around each shoulder. Wrinkles gathered at the waist and was obviously slept in. Her dark tresses had been flattened by her hands, yet she sent a luminous smile my way. Beautiful didn't do her appearance justice.

She dismissed me, "No negotiations mister, you're already dressed for today's events anyway. Couldn't let this look go to waste." Observant brown eyes scanned me up and down innocently. Only I took it as a flirtacious inspection.

"Oh? Says the one who took a leap with a mid thigh dress..." My words hung in the air, our gazes locked and teasing her only made it more entertaining.

A roll of her eyes, "It was actually Alyssa who went all out on my 'attire.' Which, by the way, was not—" her fingertips reached for the end of the dress and pulled it down, "—Something I agreed to."

I smiled at her modesty. She was so oblivious to how much a body like that could be used to her advantage. Though it comforted me being humble was blatant for her. Lifting an eyebrow up, "Really? Because if you ask me she did a damn good job."

Willow blushed paired with a grin, "Thanks, I guess that makes it worth it." My heart drummed at her comment, I enjoyed how bold she had gotten around me over the past two months.

"Aside from that, I hope you had a fun time at your party last night." By that time Willow was close enough for me to touch her. It was like one of those times when you're around someone whose presence is much adored and it has gotten to the point of making up any excuse to relish in any type of physical contact.

I chuckled at my own thoughts, "Not really. Dean just wanted a reason for throwing one. The party was actually what I avoided and then you showed up." An exquisite kind of serenity swooped in. She had turned my birthday around for the better.

Then I frowned, "You said you saw Alyssa last night, right?"

She nodded, "I had gone over her house beforehand. When I asked why she wasn't going, her reply had been something along the lines of 'meeting up with an old friend,' and left it at that."

That's when it clicked. Dean had mentioned his plan to get the two back together in return for throwing me a party, which in all actuality, had nothing to do with me.

I snagged the fifty and stuffed it in my jean pocket abruptly. "Come on, let's go get some lunch. I don't know about you but I'm starving."

As I beamed at her with the same vibrancy she radiated, her captivating eyes lit up. "I wish you'd smile like that more often." She gazed up at me entranced.

Heat crept up my neck, "Yeah, yeah." How can I not when I'm around you?

"But you should know, that aside, this day has already been set out for you."

My brows furrowed together in question, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means I got this, come on." Her grin started to grow. I was beginning to build with curiosity, every stroke of anticipation.

"Okay," I drawled out indesicively while my dark eyes squinted in skepticism, "Well atleast let me take you out," I looked at the time displayed on the microwave and sighed seeing how late in the day we both had awoken, "To brunch."

Her lips pursed and index finger tapping her chin contemplating this, "Hm... Alright, but only if we leave by three-thirty sharp."

I nodded, on the inside smiling at her persistance with an unknown, but no doubt, kind gesture. "Come on," extending my hand out towards her she gladly took it with ease.

"Wait," she looked up and down at herself, "I'd hate to embarrass the both of us."

It tickled me she said this given the crinkle in her dress was hardly noticeable by then. "Trust me, you look fine."

Still not looking convinced, those beautifully perceptive eyes squinted, then a thought occured to me.

My index finger went up, "How about instead of lunch, we go to the mall and you can pick out whatever dress you want. And before you object to this, I've got fifty bucks and regardless of what I spend with it, It'd be my personal present to see it on you."

Willow's eyes widened at this, taking her completely off gaurd, "Ace I really ca-"

"Ah, ah, ah, now who's belated birthday is it?"

She was stumped, "Well yours but I-"

"Exactly, so no more modesty and allow yourself to accept my offer," I peered down at her, smiling because the thought of giving such a rare gem what she deserved brought me absolute joy when I was finally able to do it.

Her dimples started to appear and my heart rate sped up, "Thank you, grateful just wouldn't do how I felt justice," she said with utter sincerity.

Furthermore, taking hold of her soft and delicate hand, she didn't flinch. My thumb caressed the back of it and the warmth in my chest never exited.

I outstretched my free hand and gestured towards the door, "Since my chariot is nonexistent at the moment, will you allow me the honor of taking you upon this voyage?"

Though my failing attempt at capturing the old English language was rather sad and frankly, out of character. Luckily I still earned a lovely giggle in response.

"You may, my dearest."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

J + J By Miss_Durst

Teen Fiction

795 56 47
COMPLETE Two lovers. Deeply in love with each other. Will they confess their undieing love for each other or not? Jose, Jesse's older brother, soon...
527K 10.8K 28
Jinx is just a mysterious girl. She's no goody two shoes that's for sure. While her brother is part of a gang; she is not. She has been asked to join...
736 12 26
After getting her heart broken by the man she was ready to give it all up for, Raven Jocelynna goes back to her home, once again thrown back into her...
1.1K 19 12
**This book is not for ages under 18** Have you ever been so addicted to someone, that you don't know how you ever lived your life without them? Whe...