A Drunken Mistake

By xxborntostandoutxx

Katy Taylor is that girl you see walking down the corridor, head hanged low, trying desperatley not to draw a... More

A Drunken Mistake - Katys Prologue
A Drunken Mistake - Dylan's Prologue
A Drunken Mistake - 'I need to find whoever drew this picture.'
A Drunken Mistake - 'a feeling in my gut that something amazing just started.'
A Drunken Mistake - 'It has to be some kind of joke.'
A Drunken Mistake - 'I'm not going to rush her; I'm going to fix her.'
A Drunken Mistake - Its ok, my secrets safe, and now no one will figure it out.
A Drunken Mistake - "from the monsters"
A Drunken Mistake - I guess this is what loves feels like
A Drunken Mistake - I promise mum, I'll look after it for you.
A Drunken Mistake - "a perfect end to a perfect date"
A Drunken Mistake - Mummy, I'm so sorry
A Drunken Mistake - Oh S**t!
A Drunken Mistake - I could never bear the thought of losing her
A Drunken Mistake - "I will never forget you lot, never!"
A Drunken Mistake - ... I will find her again.
A Drunken Mistake - I've found her
A Drunken Mistake - ...I know I could stay here forever
A Drunken Mistake - "We're home bitches!"
A Drunken Mistake - ... I can't lose her again.
A Drunken Mistake - I'm slowly going to die here.
A Drunken Mistake - I also want him to remember me
A Drunken Mistake - But I have this feeling it's meant to stop beating now
A Drunken Mistake - Oh. My. Baby
A Drunken Mistake - Here comes story time...
A Drunken Mistake - "You're coming home."
A Drunken Mistake - I don't think anything can spoil this moment
A Drunken Mistake - ...I honestly can't wait until it's my turn.
A Drunken Mistake - And all that will be worth the pain we're suffering now.
A Drunken Mistake - ...the one I will hang onto forever.
A Drunken Mistake - This isn't going to go well...
A Drunken Mistake- "Miss me princess..."
A Drunken Mistake - "I'm sorry Katy,"
A Drunken Mistake - I don't want to lose her again.
A Drunken Mistake - She's my rock.
A Drunken Mistake - And I will retrieve it.
A Drunken Mistake - Time to find out the whole truth.
A Drunken Mistake - I love you too.
A Drunken Mistake - Dear Katy
A Drunken Mistake - "Will you marry me?"
A Drunken Mistake - "The suitcase can wait."
A Drunken Mistake - I can't wait to meet them.
A Drunken Mistake - "Holy S**t"
A Drunken Mistake - Here we go.
A Drunken Mistake - I have never felt so content.
A Drunken Mistake - Yeah. We are.
A Drunken Mistake - Here's to the future.

A Drunken Mistake - Sending My Heart Soaring Once Again

3.9K 112 5
By xxborntostandoutxx

Next chapter is done

Sorry it took a while, had a little writers block I guess

Please let me know what you think, vote and comment

Thanks 

Enjoy <3

 'If I had to chose between breathing and loving you, I would use my last breathe to say I love you.'

Dylan’s POV

I went home smiling that night, completely and utterly on cloud night, practically floating on thin air.

I have a girl that might love me, and I love her.

She needs fixing though, she needs saving.

Just thinking about what those monsters are doing to her in that house, making her into even more of a damaged and broken girl, kills me inside.

I need her safe, I can’t lose her.

There’s no why I can bring her to mine, my parents won’t approve of her, I can just tell. But it’s only because she’s not famous, she’s not rich.

Scratch that, according to Sarah and Michael she’s loaded, but they still won’t approve I know what they’re like.

They’re monsters like her foster parents, but not nearly as bad.

I grew up thinking I had drawn the short straw in life, never having a loving family, never being wanted but now I see my life doesn’t even come close to Katy’s, she truly drew the short straw.

I mean she had the love, she had a beautiful family that doted and loved her and she had it taken away from her simply through a drunk guy making a stupid mistake. And then to make it worse, she got dumped in a life with no love at all, growing up for those nine years thinking that her family are happy without her, being beaten for half her life.

But it won’t keep happening, mark my words, I’ll get her out of that house if it’s the last thing I do.

Katy’s POV

I went home smiling that night, completely and utterly on cloud night, practically floating on thin air.

I have a guy that loves me, and I might love him.

But I need fixing, I know I do, I can’t completely let go yet, my walls are still there they just weakened a little.

They need completely knocking down, I need to be able to fully love if I want to keep this amazing boy.

The thing is though, I don’t think I can. I spent nine years building them; they’re a permanent thing in my heart now, something that’s always there. So I don’t know if they’ll just simply fall down, leaving my heart completely unguarded and in harm’s way.

I know that Dylan wouldn’t hurt me, he knows what I’ve gone through, he understands. So I know he would never do anything to make the pain in my life worse, I believe him when he says he loves me.

And completely trusting someone comes with love, loving someone is giving them the power to break your heart, but trusting them enough to believe that they won’t.

I’m halfway there, I trust him not to break my heart one hundred per cent, but I can’t fully give him my heart yet, my mind just simply won’t let me.

It keeps warning me, shouting at me that I’ll just end up broken and scarred like I always am, but this time it would be different.

It wouldn’t be my body that would be broken, it would be my heart.

I know from experience, any punch, kick or slap someone throws at you can never compare to the pain you feel when someone breaks your heart.

I get back to the house it’s suddenly got really dark outside without me realising; I must have been in one of my day dreams again.

I climb up the weeds growing up the side of the house, giving it an old fashioned vintage look.

I crawl through my window and look round the room I’ve been calling my bedroom for nine years.

It has nothing personal in it except one picture sitting on my bedside table, facing my bed so I can see it last thing before I close my eyes and the first thing I see when I open them in the morning.

It’s the last picture we took before they died, when we went on holiday to France for our summer holiday. We’re all sitting on this big rock over a cliff, the endless sea stretching into the distance behind us, trying to look good for the camera.

When I first saw it, I hated it with a passion. My eyes look wonky and my smile too big, I spent hours trying to talk Dad into deleting it for me.

But now, I’m so glad he didn’t, it shows my family at its best.

Luke doing bunny ears behind Jared’s head, both of them sticking their tongues out. Mums smiling her beautiful smile that she uses in ever photo I’ve seen of her, while slyly giving the boys a disapproving look. Dad’s sitting behind all of us, one hand on my shoulder, one on Mums, grinning a cheesy smile at the camera.

All in all, we look like a weird bunch and that’s the way I loved it.

I lie flat out on my bed and look at the ceiling, going into another daydream about everything.

But only one thing truly stands out in my mind, one name circling it over and over again.

Dylan.

Dylan’s POV

I drove slowly past Katy’s house, basically stalking her again until she comes out.

I finally see her run out at full speed, slamming the door shut behind her.

What the hell is going on?

“Katy, Katy, what’s wrong?” I get out of my car and shout.

She snaps her head back to look at me; she’s already half way down the path.

“Dylan?” she looks at me puzzled, “what you doing here?”

She slowly starts walking back over towards me, looking slightly nervous and jumpy.

“I thought I would give you a lift, save you walking and stuff since we’re both going to the same place.”

“Oh thanks, that would be great,” she looks back at the door making me glance over too, noticing a shadow walking towards it through the fogged glass.

Someone’s coming out here.

“Quick get in now,” she says snapping me out of my stare, “Dylan, drive.”

I get back in the car and slam my foot down on the pedal, speeding us forward.

“So, what was that about?” I ask, glancing at her through the corner of my eye.

“well, you have three possible answers: one, I decided to take a full out sprint out of my house purely for my own health two, I’m training for the cross country team or three, Michael found out I snuck out last night and is now on a mad rampage for my blood. Take your pick,” she sighs.

“holy s**t, I’m so sorry Katy, that’s all my fault. I shouldn’t have made you come out with me last night, I just wanted to make everything better, to make it up to you for eavesdropping, and I swear Katy. I never would have if I knew they would hurt you again,” I ramble on, barely taking a breathe between my rant.

“Hey, sshhh, this isn’t your fault believe me. I would have gotten beaten no matter what; hey I get it for walking into a room. And I’m glad I left last night, I got a lot off my chest that’s been killing me for years. I don’t think I would’ve ever done that if you didn’t get me out of that house last night,” she smiles up at me.

Wow, I think my heart skipped a beat when she smiled at me liked that.

“Well, I’m glad you went out last night, I got a lot off my chest too.”

We travel to rest of the way to school in a comfortable silence, both of us just content with each other’s company.

I pull into the car park and climb out of the car, practically sprinting round so I can open the door before she can. I’m gonna be a gentleman towards her.

“Why thank you Mr Thompson, look at you being a gentleman. You know no one has ever opened a door for me except for my dad, but he used to do it jokily, bowing and everything. He always use to treat me like a little lady, I used to love it. It would always make me feel that much older,” she smiles, staring into thin air with a far way look in her eyes.

She looks happy to be finally talking about her family; I can imagine there’s never been anyone there to listen to her about it before.

I reach down and slide my fingers through hers, her hand seeming to match mine perfectly.

Her fingers slowly wrap around my hand, giving it a little squeeze.

“What was your dad like?” I ask as we walk towards the school, I want to know as much about her as I can.

She looks at the ground slightly, her eyes saddening at the memories.

“He was a bit of a joker,” she laughs, “he loved to play pranks on people; the twins were exactly like him. He had a great taste of life, he lived every day to its fullest and he looked out for us with his life. He always put us before the business, even when work got heavy. If I had a party I wanted to go to, or somewhere I really wanted to go, he wouldn’t think twice about doing that then going to work. To be honest, I don’t think he even liked work,

But he put himself through it every day to put food on the table and money in the bank as Mum would say.” She finishes, slightly smiling at the now fond memories.

He sounded like a great guy; someone you would be proud to say was your dad. He was a family man, a true dad.

“What about your Mum?”

“She was beautiful,” she grins, “stunning in every way. She had the sweetest laugh I’ve ever heard, me and the twins used to spend hours trying to make her laugh just so we could hear it,

Her food was the best, she could make anything and everything, and it was amazing. She was smart as well, always on hand to help me with the dreaded maths homework. She was stunning in every way, and I miss her with all my heart. I loved her so much.” now she looks truly sad, her eyes slightly tearing up.

I spin her round and wrap her into a tight hug, resting my chin on the top of her head as she cries.

I shouldn’t have made her talk about this, look what I’ve done now. I’ve made her sad again.

“Sshhh babe, I’m so sorry I asked about it. I didn’t think, I just wanted to know everything about you,” I sigh.

“It’s OK,” she sniffs into my t – shirt, “it feels good to finally talk about it.”

I pull back and look straight into her eyes, wiping her tears away with my thumb.

“I love you,” I whisper.

“I’m starting to love you too,” she whispers back sending my heart soaring once again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 40 21
You know the moment when you fall in love with a special someone. You expect high expectations and expect nothing to ever go wrong. We'll that's the...
1.9M 58.8K 51
[Highest Ranking - #5 in Teen Fiction] [Highest Ranking - #1 in Teen Pregnancy] PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "The Best Mistake" "She almost couldn't read out...
1.2K 88 34
"I pray that the last time I said goodbye was not meant forever." *** Growing up with a single parent with not much money to spare wasn't particularl...
159K 3.9K 21
"I'm sorry okay! If I would of known I would of told you but I didn't! I was not expecting this Chase! I had dream's! And now your blaming this on me...