Let the rest of the life begi...

By JosephineMichelleC

This is a story I've written, and that takes pace after mockingjay. It's ten years later and Katniss and Pee... More

Chapter 1: On the train
Chapter 2: District 4
Chapter 3: The meeting
Chapter 4: Angry at Effie
Chapter 5: Johannas past
Chapter 7: The wedding
Chapter 8: The proposal story
Chapter 9: The weddig night
Chapter 10: The article
Chapter 11: The interview
Chapter 12: Home at last
Chapter 13: War!
Chapter 14: Reunion of an old friend
Chapter 15: Not without you
Chapter 16: Please don't die...
Chapter 17: Happiness
Chapter 18: Feelings of guilt
Chapter 19: Uh oh, I think it's time...
Chapter 20: She's here...
Chapter 21: Finns confession
Chapter 22: Four years later...
Chapter 23: She is our daughter
Chapter 24: Saving a life...
Chapter 25: Back to school
Chapter 26: The weird nightmare
Chapter 27: Life dosen't always turn out as planned
Chapter 28: Sister love
Chapter 29: Babysitting
Chapter 30: One happy surprise
Chapter 31: Oh no!
Chapter 32: Bad news
Chapter 33: The difficult choice
Chapter 34: Finally hope
Chapter 35: This whole time?
Chapter 36: As long as we have each other
Chapter 37, last chapter: Two big news
Author's note

Chapter 6: Preparation

8.5K 266 16
By JosephineMichelleC

Chapter 6

-Katniss-

I hear screams of pain. I run in a dark corridor. There are no doors, just cold black walls. I see a little light at the end of the corridor. I stop in my moves. It's freezing cold here. I only have a light blue dress and I'm barefoot. I look down at my feet. My toenails are painted green and my skin color is really pale. I must look like a ghost.

I hear the screams again and start to run. The dress flutters around me and so does my hair. The only thing I hear is the scream and my own rushed panting.

I run up to the end of the corridor and find nothing else but a door. And a key in the door.

I turn it and the door slides up.

"No!" I whimper.

Peeta is on the floor all bloody and pale, with marks and bruises all over his body. It's a cruel man standing over him, torturing him.

The man whip him with a whip and Peeta screams a death hearing scream.

"Peeta!" I shout as if my life depended on it. "Stop it! Peeta! No! Peeta!"

But the man doesn't stop before he Peeta's body is totally destroyed.

"No!" I scream when the man takes out a knife. "NO!"

I run up and try to grab the mans hand, but I don't make it in time, the man sticks the knife into Peeta who screams out in pain. He screams until the life in his body is gone. He turns his head towards me in his last few seconds and he  just looks at me.

"I love you Katniss", he breathes out barely hearable and his eyes start to see without really seeing. He's dead.

"PEETA", I roar and tears spurts out of my eyes. "PEETA! NOOO! PEEEETAAAA!"

"Katniss", I hear I voice. "Katniss, wake up, dear".

I open my eyes. Where is Peeta? The bed is empty, except for me.

I freeze and I feel how I'm shaking.

Flavius is bending over me, looking at me with a worried face.

"She's waking up", he shouts. Venia and Octavia are standing next to Flavius. "Katniss how are you? You yelled after Peeta".

"Di-did I?" I asks  confused while my tears flow.

"Yes, everyone was super worried", Octavia says tentative.

"Ev-everyone?"

"The whole house heard your screams Katniss", Veina says and pats me on the back of my hand.

"I want Peeta", I sobb.

"Katniss, Haymitch already brought him away just now", Flavius says. "He was here outside the door and had a huge quarrel with Effie, about him wanted us to let him in and let him comfort you because he's the only one who knows how, but Haymitch came and almost carried him away".

"PEETA!" I scream as if I'm still in my nightmare.

My assistants jumps.

The door opens and I hope it's Peeta coming in, but it's Effie with Johanna and Annie behind her.

"Katniss", Annie and Johanna shouts and throw themselves on me.

"Are you okay, honey?" Annie asks.

I nod.

"I just want Peeta here", I sobbed.

"He is very angry that they didn't let him come in", Johanna says. "He even hit Haymitch, he became so heartbroken when he stood outside the room and heard you scream after him".

"Effie", I roar.

"Katniss lay off", Effie says. "You get to meet Peeta in a few hours, but for right now we're going to prepare you".

So that's why my prep team is here? It's already morning.

Effie turns on her heel and walks out. I stop crying and prepare myself for a couple of long hours.

If Annie and Johanna wasn't hear with me, I would have gone nuts on my assistents.

Johanna, Annie and I are sitting in three chairs in front of the big mirror wall in mine and Peeta's bedroom.

My assistents take turns to fix different parts of us. We don't need to be fully done until half an hour before the wedding, but believe me when I say that we really need the time.

Effie is running in and out the room and becomes almost half crazy.

Octavia tells her to calm down, but she won't listen.

Haymitch and Plutarch enters now and than, but mostly just to ask the assistents if they need anything.

"Effie, please take a break", Plutarch says when Effie gets another meltdown.

"With all due respect President, no!" Effie says in a dignified tone. "I just can't".

And with that she rushes out again.

I sigh. "I simpley won't make it through the day if you can't calm her down".

"Don't worry Katniss", Plutarch says. "We'll take care of her".

By afternoon when I'm almost completely done and Johanna and Annie sits on the edge of the bed, Pollux and Cassidy enters the room.

"Pollux", I shout and want the raise but the assistents won't let me. "When did come here?" I ask instead.

"This morning", Cassidy says, she holds her mute father tightly in his hand. "But Effie wouldn't let us come in before now, she wants me to get the pillow".

Flavius takes out a box and opens it. Cassidy brings out the most beautiful silver pillow with golden lashes, I have ever seen. It's so beautiful I almost think that there is real gold and silver in the pillow.

"I'm going to have the rings in this pillow", Cassidy says sweetly, Falvius kisses her cheek and she giggles. "Aunt Katniss you're very beautiful", she says and blushes.

"But I don't have the makeup on yet", I say.

"I know that", she says and hurries out of the room.

Pollux smiles at us and hurries after his daughter.

Everybody helps with putting on my dress when the makeup is done.

After a while they get the dress on without my hair or makeup getting messed up, but Venia starts to fix my makeup anyway, just because she's nervous.

Soon, Haymitch comes into the room all fixed up and the assistents go off to fix themselves.

Johanna has my shoes and she and Annie puts them on.

"How are you feeling?" Haymitch asks.

"Nervous", I say. "But happy, glad and nervous, and happy, sooo happy".

After a while Cassidy comes in, she wears a cute pink dress with matching shoes. Her hair is hanging down over her shoulders and she smiles. She has the pillow but not the rings yet.

"Hey", she says and sits down on the bed next to Annie.

"Hey there sweetie", I say.

"Is Finn with Peeta?" Annie asks

"Mhm and Plutarch", Cassidy says and sighs. What's up with her?

"Has something happened sweetheart?" Johanna asks.

"No, nothing special", Cassidy says. "Finn is just mean to me that's all, I don't understand what I've done to him".

"Nothing Cassidy, he can be like that sometimes", Annie says.

"Why?" Cassidy asks, looking at Annie with big eyes.

"I think it has to do with the fact that he wants attention", Annie says. "He wants attention from Peeta, he's like a father to Finn".

"Oh".

We hear the sound of a trumpet and Cassidy pops up.

"I have to go, wait for the other signals before you go, Aunt Johanna and Aunt Annie first", she says and hurries out of the room.

After a few minutes we hear another signal and Johanna and Annie walks out.

I stands by the door. Haymitch comes and stands next to me and we hear another trumpet and we walk out.

We walk the corridor, down the long stairs, we go through another corridor and into the living room where Effie is waiting.

"Okay stand over here", she says to us. "You'll have to walk past a hedge and when you've gone past it you'll see the entire ceremony, there is a white silk carpet, just walk up to it and straight ahead very slowly in rhythm of the music, Haymitch leaves over Katniss to Peeta. Wait for the signal before you walk out".

We nod and Effie hurries to take her place.

We stand right at the door. After about two minutes we hear a trumpet melody before a completely different melody, is it this one we'll go out to? I guess it is.

The butterflies in my stomach takes over my whole body and I start to shake with nervousness. But I smile with my entire face without being able to stop myself.

Haymitch looks down at me, he smiles.

"Ready?" he whispers.

"Ready!" I whisper back.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Well what did you guys think of this one?

I sure hope you liked, but even if you didn't don't be afraid to say so ;)

Please vote and comment, that would make me very happy :)

-Josephine xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.6K 1.4K 27
Katniss finally agrees to have a baby and things look they might be looking up. That is, until, the sudden death of a loved one throws them back into...
71.3K 911 43
Set after Mockingjay part 2, the 2 victors have their differences. Peeta; a simple man who has one desire, Katniss. He is still scared from the horro...
216K 4.5K 46
RATED #1 IN HUNGERGAMES RATED #1 IN AFTER-MOCKINGJAY RATED #1 IN JOSHIFER RATED #1 IN EVERLARK KIDS RATED #1 IN PEETA RATED #2 IN KATNISS RATED #3...
365K 10.1K 63
(If you haven't read The One and Only Real or After The Always please read them before this) We all know that the end of Mockingjay jumps to an epil...