Chapter 10: The article

Chapter 10

-Peeta-

I can't believe it! Katniss wants to have children. She actually wants to have a baby with me. And she wasn't lying when she said it, so she really must mean it.

Oh she makes me so happy, I can't even put it in words.

"But not yet, when we get home", Katniss says.

I just laugh becasue we're going home in two days.

Today we're just mostly gonna rest and take it easy and go through tomorrow, we're going to an interview with Caesar Flickerman.

"Okay Katniss", I say cheerfully.

We get dressed and walk down to meet the others at the large breakfast table.

"Oh look everyone, it's the new Mr. and Mrs. Mellark", Haymitch says loudly when we arrive. "OMG where's my camera? Has anyone seen it? I just have to get a picture of the newly married celebrity couple in Panem".

"Shut your big mouth Haymitch", Katniss says but smiles.

That's when I see the newspaper.

I see the headline; STAR-CROSSED LOVERS FINALLY MARRIED

I pick up the newspaper and read aloud so Katniss can hear what it says.

"Yesterday during the sunset, something that the whole Panem has been waiting for happened, the star-crossed lovers from District 12 got married. On place handing Katniss Mellark former Everdeen over to Peeta Mellark during the ceremony was Haymitch Abernathy, their former mentor in the Hunger Games, who has become a big part in their lives. Annie Odair former Cresta and Johanna Mason was on place as bridesmaids and even the President himself was on place as bestman to Peeta Mellark with Annie Odairs son Finn Odair who is also the son of the late victor Finnick Odair and is claimed to have a very close bond tohis godfather Peeta Mellark".

I look at Finn who has become pale in his face. It's the first time he's in the news and the first time he hears the ords; star-crossed lovers.

I continue to read.

"It was a beautiful ceremony that brought many tears from all who were on place and certainly those who were watching the wedding on the television at home in the sofas.

I know I speak for everyone when I say that this was something that everyone has been waiting for. But what dose the future hold for the star-crossed lovers?

Let's just wait and see".

I glance at Katniss who is just staring ahead without blinking.

"Katniss?" Annie asks.

Katniss says nothing.

"Katniss honey?" I say, taking her cold hands in mine and try to get them warm.

"Katniss!" Haymitch roar, who lost patience with her.

"Huh?" She asks and blinks as if she has just woken up. She becomes angry. "And what the hell do they have to do with our future?" She asks. "It's ours, mine and Peeta's, not Panems".

"But Katniss you are Panems biggest celebrity couple, and you'll always be", Haymitch says. "But you know, it's still possible to keep a secret from them if you really want to".

He looks pointedly at us. Only Katniss and I can read that look. He knows that we are considering having a baby. How could he know? We decided that just now in the bedroom. Though Haymitch believes that we can keep a baby a secret?

Katniss looks intently at Haymitch and sighs.

"Yeah I guess so", she says and sits down at the table. "But is it worth it afterwards? I mean you still have to think about the consequences".

"Well-chosen words sweetheart", Haymitch says merrily.

I just shake my head before I also sit down.

•••

Katniss assistants prepared me first. So now I stand with Haymitch and Effie in the living room, waiting for them to be done with Katniss.

I'm wearing an ordinary orange shirt with black jeans that has flames at the bottom and a belt with flames. My shoes are black and I have a little natural makeup, they stirred hair into a mess and put a lot of hair gel in it to hold inte on place.

"How did you find out?" I whisper to Haymitch when Effie suddenly has an outburst over the schedule.

"Katniss glance when you read yesterday", Haymicth whispers back but looks at Effie with an amused expression.

"But keep it to yourself", I say.

"You got it", he says.

Effie turns towards us. "What are you two whispering about?" She hisses. "It's rude to whisper in the presence of others, exactly where are your manners?"

Katniss suddenly enters the room.

I can swear my eyes just popped out of my head. So. Beautiful. Katniss. Beautiful. So. Beautiful.

"You can stop drooling now, boy", Haymitch chuckles and I pull myself together.

Katniss hair has been curled and positioned so it hangs down from one side of her head and down her right shoulder. Her eyelids has been painted in flames and her long eyelashes makes it look like the flames are moving and her lips are red like roses. She's wearing an orange dress that dances around her legs when she walks and even that looks like living flames. And on her feet she has a pair of black stilettio heels.

Oh my beautiful, beautiful Katniss.

But that's when I notice that she stares at me. I snap my fingers in front of her face and she jumps.

"Sorry", she says and giggles. "You just looks so damn hot".

"You're the one to say", I say sarcastically. "But thank you".

Katniss leans in to kiss me but her assistants starts to yell behind us.

"No no no no, you'll destroy the makeup", all three of them yell in chorus.

I laugh and pull away.

"Shall we go?" Effie asks.

All of us in the living room walks out of the house and to a big car that takes us to the interview.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Hey this is another chapter done, hope you like it :)

But please tell me what you think :)

Vote and comment to tell me, I would be very, very happy :)

-Josephine 💋