Chapter 21: Finns confession

Chapter 21

-Peeta-

After two days of recovery Katniss and Willow are clear to leave the hospital.

With Haymitch help we succeeded in some strange way to get Willow home without anyone noticing. How we succeeded, I have absolutely no idea, but I don't care, the main thing is that we actually made it.

When I open the door and the four of us walks into the house, people jumps from all sides and screams.

"CONGRATULATIONS!"

Katniss and I jump sky high, but not Haymitch, which only means that he knew about this.

We see a large pink banner that hangs from the ceiling and it says: "It's a girl!" on it.

I look around and see happy faces looking at me and Katniss. I see of course Annie, Finn, Pollux, Felice, Cassidy, Gale, Julie and Hunter, but I also see Flavius, Venia, Octavia and Effie. I see Johanna, Beetee, Mrs. Everdeen and Plutarch.

How Plutarch has managed to get here without it being news about it, I don't understand, but I'm just so happy to see them all, so I really don't care much.

"I made the banner", Cassidy shouts proud when we get in and closes the door.

"A monkey could have made it", Finn says chilly but thaws when he sees Willow.

The assistants runs up and flocks around me because I have Willow in my arms.

She's looking around. Maybe she wonders where the heck she is, after nine months in Katniss belly.

"Oh she's so sweet", Flavius shouts fond.

"She looks just like Katniss", Venia shouts approvingly.

"But clearly she has Peeta's blue eyes", Octavia shouts happily.

"Where exactly are your manners?" Effie asks with disapproval in her voice. "Take it easy".

"Oh Effie, come on now, that doesn't matter", I say.

I smile evilly to her before I put Willow in her arms, she doesn't even have time to react.

At first she looks scared, but she smiles at Willow.

"Oh she's too cute", she shouts.

"Where are your manners Effie?" Katniss teases and come to stands beside me.

Everyone starts laughing. Effie too.

"You never thought that this would ever happen, Effie?" Katniss asks.

"What?" Effie asks without taking her eyes off Willow.

"That you would hold the baby of the two tributes in the 74th and 75th Hunger Games, Katniss and Peeta, the star crossed lovers".

Effie looks at the two of us who are standing and smiling. Everyone has become dead silent over Katniss question.

Effie and Haymitch frowns. It's the two of them  who has been with us to the very end, became friends with us, started to like us and care about us, just to see us suffer so much.

"Honestly? No", Effie says. "I really thought you were going to die in the 75th, but you survived, then the rebellion happened and Peeta's hijacking and I thought it was all lost. But you two somehow managed to come back, and so here we are today with your beautiful daughter".

Effie hands me Willow.

"Oh Effie", Katniss says and hugs her.

"Oh well, let's have a good time now", Plutarch says. "Peeta do you think that I could hold Willow?"