Chapter 27: Life dosen't always turn out as planned

Chapter 27

-Peeta-

"1... 2... 3... 4..."

I play hide and seek with Willow. I hear her clumsy little steps when she runs to hide.

I hear her giggle all the time, so I hear exactly where she's hiding. Behind the sofa.

"19... 20! Ready or not, now I come little Princess", I shout and turn around.

She continues to giggle. I see Katniss stand between the kitchen and the living room. She smiles. She knows that I know that Willow is behind the sofa.

I walk up to the window and look behind the curtains.

I turn around frowning, because I know that Willow sees me. I can see the top of her head, as she peeks out to see what I'm doing.

"Katniss you haven't seen Willow have you?" I ask.

"Nope", she says and keeps the laughter away.

"Hm... uhm... where can she be?" I mumble loudly and Willow starts giggling again.

I check every corner in the living room, but avoid the sofa.

I walk behind the sofa and there she sits on the floor with a huge smile.

"You found me Papa", she shouts and throws herself on me.

"Of course", I say and carry her up. "And remember that your Papa will always find you, wherever you are and if you're in trouble I'll always find and save you, sweetheart".

"I love you Papa", she says and hugs me.

"I love you too Princess", I say and kiss her head.

"I love you both so much", Katniss says and hugs us both tight.

I'm about to tell her how much I love her, when Willow speaks up.

"And we love you Mama", she says and kisses Katniss on the cheek, she puts her little hand on Katniss big belly. "And my little sister".

Little sister? Yeah that's what we think anyway. But I must admit that Katniss nightmare made me suspicious, so Katniss agreed to make an appointment for a new ultrasound that we are going on today.

I put Willow back down on the floor.

"Go put on your socks so we can go and get your grandpa Haymitch before going to the hospital, Princess", I say, stroking her hair.

"Okay Papa", she says and runs away from us and up the stairs.

We told Haymitch about the dream a few days ago and he insisted on coming with us. He wants everything to be good with the kids and I respect him for that, so I told him that he could come along.

"She really loves her Papa", Katniss says and smiles when we walk up to the door to wait for Willow.

I pull out her little pink shoes that matches her pink sweet dress that she's wearing today.

"She loves her Mama too", I say and kiss her.

"But you two have a special bond between each other, you have ever since the day she was born Peeta", she insists. "And no one can break it".

She's right. Willow and I do have a special bond that no one understands. Katniss knows and understands a bit, and she seems very happy about it.

"Why so happy about that?" I ask suspisiously.

"Because I'm glad over your bond, but I'm also happy that you her father", she says and Willow comes running towards us.

I smile at Katniss and put on Willow her shoes.